Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

popsthebuilder

Well, you have YOUR opinions and the written word of God has its. Let's wait and see who comes out on top, how's that sound to you?
Are you trying tonsaybyhsy I am unfamiliar with the gift of discernment, or that it isn't the capacity to rightly divide the inspired word of GOD from the greedy word of man?

You act like I've said something contrary to scripture, but I have not.

The fact that you can't even back up your claims shows to me that even engaging you is a relative waste of time.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

A vast proportion of Calvinists is intelligent and well educated. None the less, they serve a certain form of Cult. A well-crafted counterfeit of the truth of God and His written Word.
Simple Definition of*cult

:*a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

:*a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much

News Flash;

All theist are in a cult according to the definition.

popsthebuilder

Calvinists have this strange idea that nobody else but them is capable of understanding the mysterious of Calvinism. As if it were some secret that is passed down from one Calvinist to another. According to them, anyone NOT in their "circle" can possibly "Crack the Code." Their pat answer is always: "You don't understand Calvinism." That's their main line of defense.
Why do you repeat yourself over and over?

Repetition doesn't make the wrong into the right, regardless of how many times you stayed it, or how much ferver you put behind it.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Mormons say only the truly enlightened can understand holy things because they felt that burning in the bosom. Calvinists say only the quickened elect can understand the deep things of God, like reprobation.

Both groups are self chosen elites who feel sorry for people like me and condescend to us as darkened fools, but I'm okay with that.
Does it not state in scripture that most cannot grasp the Word of GOD?

Peace

popsthebuilder

My advice to you would be, if you're being taught or preached to by a Calvinist, run away from them as fast as possible, grab your Bible and start reading/studying the writings of the Apostle Paul. (Romans through Philemon.) Then, find yourself a small Non-Denominational community church which does not adhere to Calvinism, Pentecostalism, or water baptism and works as your way to Heaven. Avoid these types of churches.

Find a church that preaches salvation by hearing the Gospel, and placing your faith in Christ as your Savior.
I would advise people to read the whole bible, not just the writings attributed to Paul.

I would also be sure that they understood that righteous works are a product of true faith, that faith without works isn't actually faith, and that all will be judged in like manner, as in none are free from judgement, or safe to be hypocritical. Lastly; I would emphasize the point that blaspheme of the Spirit of GOD regardless of if repented from or not, seems to be the only unforgiving sin, so knowing misdirection and leading others astray is something all should keep close in mind.

Peace

Brother Ducky

Would you say the same about the laws regarding Jews under Hitler's regime, during WW2? For it was by the laws of the land (at that time) that Jews were being exterminated. Was it their punishment for being a Jew or would it be considered MURDER? I'd say it was, "Murder in the name of the State." I'd say the same for Calvin's time.

Well then you would have to put the blame on Geneva.

And if one were to discount all that a person says on the basis of behavior, then one would have to discount the Apostle Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well then you would have to put the blame on Geneva.

And if one were to discount all that a person says on the basis of behavior, then one would have to discount the Apostle Paul.

I believe Paul recognized his responsibility for what he was doing previous to his encounter on the road to Damascus. Christ, may I remind you, said to him, Acts 9:4 "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"
By the time Calvin and the tyranny of Geneva came about, God was no longer making such interventions with humanity. There was no need, we had the Holy Spirit in the world, did we not?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your pattern is predictable.

You you are caught here all alone with no one to inject themselves into the thread and run interference for you. When so cornered and asked to offer a defense of your beliefs, you panic and wave off challenges, proceeding to post a bunch of naked assertions and streams of consciousness hoping to move the visible page along such that your inability to defend your views might be lost.

This panic mode tactic does not relieve you of the burden to support your claims (1 Peter 3:15). Return to here and teach us how you handle the matter at hand.

AMR
we saw that ! he runs away when he sees your text proofs.

14102599_1459648517394713_9095468720561372866_n.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The God of the Bible does not hold people accountable for that which He knows they cannot help. He does hold them accountable when they choose not to do right or choose to do wrong. That's the whole point of one's conscience bearing witness against him and being judged according to one's works.

That is just.

Can the same be said of Calvinism's depiction of God? No. From before creation, those He reprobated were intended to be totally unable to do what would please Him -- which He alone can enable -- and yet He holds them accountable for it just the same, as if they DID know and WERE able to obey Him, but chose not to.

That is unjust.
Good post -

popsthebuilder

So you say? A lot of people have FOLLOWED dead guys throughout history and still do. There goes your rationalization, huh?
My rationalization goes along unscathed.

Yours however, being based on the actions of man, according to your statement, is all but crumbled away due to an ill prepared foundation.

One should follow the teachings and example of the Christ of GOD. Indeed doing so would be not following the inclinations and rationalizations of man, but those of the Spirit, Way, and direction of GOD.

Peace

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would advise people to read the whole bible, not just the writings attributed to Paul.

I would also be sure that they understood that righteous works are a product of true faith, that faith without works isn't actually faith, and that all will be judged in like manner, as in none are free from judgement, or safe to be hypocritical. Lastly; I would emphasize the point that blaspheme of the Spirit of GOD regardless of if repented from or not, seems to be the only unforgiving sin, so knowing misdirection and leading others astray is something all should keep close in mind.

Peace

Obviously, you're confused Pops. It is a certainty that ALL True Believers should have the responsibility to read the entire Bible. However, if one isn't yet, a child of God, they need to read how to become a member of the Body of Christ. That can be found in the writings of Paul. (Romans through Philemon.) Once they hear the Gospel (found in Paul's writings) they have an opportunity to place ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior.

Pops, do you KNOW what the "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was? You'll find it in Matthew 12:24 "But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils." Would ANY true believer make this accusation today? So far as works go, we're saved by faith ALONE and not works. That is part of the Grace message.

popsthebuilder

Pretty sure ALL of scripture is written by dead guys, big Poppy
Indeed it is. However; those dead guys weren't inspired of themselves in most cases; but by that Holy Spirit, which is of GOD.

Dividing and showing the difference in the two is discernment.

Peace