Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

marhig

When the inspired reader combines multiple quotes, they see the answer. You want the answer in a single verse.
Yes thought so, there's nothing in the Bible saying that I have to believe in the trinity to be saved or to belong to God is there? If there was, or even if there were multiple quotes then I'm sure you would have been quick enough to post them to show me how wrong I am!

And I can't have written anything that was so bad that you can call it junk, as that would have been quoted too.

Remember that as you judge others, you will also be judged by God!

marhig

God is glorified through His elect- that is what makes the elect so special

Luke 9

Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest. And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Those who truly belong to God see themselves as unprofitable servants not some special elect that look down on others. The only thing special about Gods people is the holy spirit of God in their hearts!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes thought so, there's nothing in the Bible saying that I have to believe in the trinity to be saved or to belong to God is there? If there was, or even if there were multiple quotes then I'm sure you would have been quick enough to post them to show me how wrong I am!

And I can't have written anything that was so bad that you can call it junk, as that would have been quoted too.

Remember that as you judge others, you will also be judged by God!
God is pleased with those that believe He and His son are one. Multiple verses becomes one with those the see and hear.

marhig

Not one scripture says that the word world means all humanity. Please show me the scripture that says that.
Mark 16:15

KJV

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

NIV

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Jesus came with the hope of saving everyone, God loves all of us, every single one. And he wants nothing more than for all of us to believe in him.

Luke 15

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find.it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

marhig

God is pleased with those that believe He and His son are one. Multiple verses becomes one with those the see and hear.

As I said, show me the verse that says I'm only saved if I believe in the trinity. If it's not in the Bible, then don't tell me that I must believe in it to be saved! By the way, I believe that Jesus and God are one, but I don't believe that Jesus is God, and I also believe that we are one with them when we belong to Christ.

If you want to believe as you do, go ahead, that's between you and God, but you shouldn't condemn others when they don't believe as you do when it's not in the Bible!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
As I said, show me the verse that says I'm only saved if I believe in the trinity. If it's not in the Bible, then don't tell me that I must believe in it to be saved! By the way, I believe that Jesus and God are one, but I don't believe that Jesus is God, and I also believe that we are one with them when we belong to Christ.

If you want to believe as you do, go ahead, that's between you and God, but you shouldn't condemn others when they don't believe as you do when it's not in the Bible!
You don't have to do anything to be saved. Not a thing. One means one, not two. You think simultaneously means not at the same time. Fully God, fully man means fully. I don't believe you're saved cause you don't believe you're saved

marhig

You don't have to do anything to be saved. Not a thing. One means one, not two. You think simultaneously means not at the same time. Fully God, fully man means fully. I don't believe you're saved cause you don't believe you're saved

Yes you do, you must believe and have faith.

And, Jesus said that those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved, and I believe him.

And if one means one not two, they you believe that Jesus is the father?

Robert Pate

Banned

You don't believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus said, "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes you do, you must believe and have faith.

And, Jesus said that those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved, and I believe him.

And if one means one not two, they you believe that Jesus is the father?
Yeah right, do you remember doing that before you were conceived?

marhig

You don't believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus said, "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

It doesn't say that you will know that I am he (God), but that i am he!

John 8

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

And further down the same chapter

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.As he spake these words, many believed on him.

And again same chapter

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And again

Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:*Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying

It's not believing that Jesus is God, but but believing that he is the son of God and that he is the Christ.

As I keep saying, Jesus said that life eternal is to know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent! And I do know them!

Also, If God sent Jesus, then how can Jesus be God?

And it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that I must believe that Jesus is God, or that I have to believe in the trinity to be saved!

John 20

And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Are you talking about believing and faith? I'm just wondering which part of my post your talking about?
What God had plans for you. God knew you before you were born. You existed when He knew you. He knew the plan for you. You were born with a plan already made. You need to quit trying so hard to believe.

marhig

What God had plans for you. God knew you before you were born. You existed when He knew you. He knew the plan for you. You were born with a plan already made. You need to quit trying so hard to believe.

Yes that's right, God knew me before I was born and he had a plan for me, and that plan was for me to be born into this world and to have free will to choose. We all have free will, if we were all predestinated then we wouldn't have free will. What would be the point of Jesus coming and preaching the gospel to everyone if God has already planned who would be saved? Why do those who belong to God need to be tried and tested if they are predestined to be saved?

God planned that we should hear the gospel at some point our lives, that's when we were called, but we have the free will whether to believe it or not. Only those who believe, and who love him, have faith and do his will these are the ones who are chosen.

The only reason we are saved in anyway is because we believed when we heard the word of God

As Joshua said, choose you this day whom you will serve. We have a choice and we have free will. And if we have free will to choose, then God hasn't predestinated anyone to be saved before we were born.

He gives us a chance to know him, and we have a choice whether to accept him or reject him.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the Old Testament as well as the New Testament the world was that part of the earth that was inhabited by humanity. Any fool knows that.
I see. So there was no part of the world inhabited by humanity other than in the Middle East, Italy, Greece, etc., at the time of the New Testament?

You asserted: "The word "world" means all of humanity".

Nice try, but the following reductio ad absurdum stands against your wooden literalisms about what you think "world" actually means:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-God-Unjust&p=4826015&viewfull=1#post4826015

You have painted yourself into an uncomfortable corner, Robert, so why not just admit that the word "world" takes on different meanings depending upon context and the whole counsel of Scripture?

AMR

Last edited: