Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

beloved57

Again, pops tells the truth

Romans 8

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Those Christ died for are reconciled, made right with God, while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

beloved57

Just in case you are still confused on what I mean;

Romans: 6. 1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7. For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, made right with Him, while they are enemies, walking after the flesh ! Rom 5:10 !

popsthebuilder

pops

Either way, it was false !

Invalid comment !

Same thing, those who are reconciled to God are Justified before God, or they couldnt be reconciled !
You seem to think that reconciliation and justification are the same thing, however one follows the other.

If they were the same then they wouldn't be spoken of as if different. If they were the same then they wouldn't be two different words but one word that means both.

You are confused on this friend, I assure you.

Let's go over it some more if we need to
I don't mind.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, made right with Him, while they are enemies, walking after the flesh ! Rom 5:10 !
We've been over that. Read more than a singular verse.

Start at the beginning of Roman's 4 or Roman's in general, and read through out to Roman's 6 or 8.

If you think all are justified by God while they ate enemies of God then you are still mistaken. Your basically saying that it is the will of the Lord and GOD for us to go about loudly proclaiming our own salvation all while continuing in sin.

NONE OF THAT STATEMENT IS TRUE.

god's mercy and grace afford us the opportunity to be reconciled though we knew not GOD or that holy will.

That in no way means that the knowing sinner is safe in their knowing sin.

Did you even read the scripture I posted.

Does it not say that we are not to sin over and over and over?

Peace

God's Truth

I really thought I had responded to this already.

God forbid friend. I am in knowing sin and shamed by it through the conscience. I am chastised by the Holy Spirit daily... more than daily. But I have faith that GOD will continue to guide me towards His Will. And I also have faith that though I continue in sin, I grow in faith and will be found pleasing to GOD if it is indeed HIS will.

Do you really sin daily? Do you continue to sin? How are you pleasing to God if you continue to sin? Maybe you are exaggerating a little?

Not for my sake or any reward.

Oh but it is for you and it is for a reward.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

But because it is His will and GOD will not turn away any at HIS door. Not by my own way or doing but by that way that is and the doing of the Christ

Christ obeyed the Father and wants you to obey him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

God's Truth

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, put into a right relationship with Him, while they are enemies/unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Reconciled while enemies means Jesus did not make us get circumcised before he would save us...he did not make us do the purification/ceremonial works first that the Jews did and then save us.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES.

Paul is explaining that Jesus did not just die for the Jews, the Jews who performed the commanded various laws and regulations. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, even for the sins of the enemies of God. The Gentiles were the enemies.

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES not having to become a Jew first and get CIRCUMCISED.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH. They did not obey those commands from God.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

God's Truth

Woe! Maybe you could ease up on the accusations?
It wasn't a lie but a misunderstanding.

Yes we are reconciled to GOD while still in sin. We are afforded many offences that we might be justified.

What I was talking about was those who are justified, not only reconciled.

I apologize for the confusion. I appreciate you making me check my position. I don't know that you needed to accuse me of lying to do it, but regardless, thanks.

Peace

When we are saved we are made righteous, we are justified, and we are sanctified...and reconciled. God cleans us when He lives in us that is reconciliation.

popsthebuilder

Do you really sin daily? Do you continue to sin? How are you pleasing to God if you continue to sin? Maybe you are exaggerating a little?

Oh but it is for you and it is for a reward.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Christ obeyed the Father and wants you to obey him.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
I do sin daily.

I smoke cigarettes regardless of debilitating COPD.

this is transgressing against the temple or vessel GOD has blessed me with.

I had made an oath with GOD yet seemingly go against that oath. That is transgressing against my own word that I made towards GOD.

I know of GOD's will as it pertains to my own life, yet tarry about and meander along as opposed to utterly and wholly following that will. That seems to me like acting as if one is indifferent, though it is of the utmost significance. That is placing other things before the Will of GOD, idol worship.

I strive daily to remove these things from me. But I am aware of them and that they are sin to some degree. Not murder, but sin is sin.

Peace

God's Truth

That's not true, if anyone wilfully sins, who knowing the will of God and yet still goes against him. Then they are worse than those who are ignorant and sin.

Well, it might be more complicated than that, for God will forgive one who comes to Him for forgiveness.

I think that you are mixing up scripture about the Jews who believed and were forgiven, but then went back to the Judaic way and thus rejected Christ.

God's Truth

No GT is telling the truth

The lie is this,

Once you know the living God, and you carry on living by the will of the flesh and sinning, you shall not surely die!

The truth is this,

Yes you can surely die, and you are in danger of being cast out!

We are warned for a reason. We have to encourage each other for a reason. We have to spur each other on for a reason.

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,

God's Truth

You seem to think that reconciliation and justification are the same thing, however one follows the other.

If they were the same then they wouldn't be spoken of as if different. If they were the same then they wouldn't be two different words but one word that means both.

You are confused on this friend, I assure you.

Let's go over it some more if we need to
I don't mind.

Peace

When we are saved, Jesus reconciled us to God, and we were washed, make righteous, sanctified, and justified.

After all that, we are to live our lives worthy of all that.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

King James Bible
2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,

popsthebuilder

When we are saved, Jesus reconciled us to God, and we were washed, make righteous, sanctified, and justified.

After all that, we are to live our lives worthy of all that.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

King James Bible
2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,
How very needed this morning thank you sincerely.

Peace

God's Truth

I do sin daily.

I smoke cigarettes regardless of debilitating COPD.

this is transgressing against the temple or vessel GOD has blessed me with.

I had made an oath with GOD yet seemingly go against that oath. That is transgressing against my own word that I made towards GOD.

I know of GOD's will as it pertains to my own life, yet tarry about and meander along as opposed to utterly and wholly following that will. That seems to me like acting as if one is indifferent, though it is of the utmost significance. That is placing other things before the Will of GOD, idol worship.

I strive daily to remove these things from me. But I am aware of them and that they are sin to some degree. Not murder, but sin is sin.

Peace

You hit on a very personal matter to me. My mom died from lung cancer when I was 24 years old, she was barely 56. I continued to smoke many years after that. When I was saved, I told Jesus I would stop smoking, and I tried, but could not...I would try every day. One day after trying to stop, every cell in my body wanted that cigarette. This time as I walked to get a cigarette, I told Jesus aloud that this was no way to live and that I don't know what you are going to do but I am going to smoke a cigarette. Just then Jesus spoke to me and said for me to feel what I was feeling in my cells as his love. I did that and immediately all desire for smoking was gone.

The pathetic part is when life gave me big troubles, I went back to smoking. Can you believe it? After Jesus giving me such an amazing miracle as talking to me and taking it from me...that I would go back to it?

I tried and failed a couple more times to quit, then one day the pain of going back to it after Jesus did that for me was so great that I cried on the floor in shame. I was determined to get cigarettes out of my life but didn't think I deserved forgiveness for it. That day I stopped smoking and cried for forgiveness and knew I was forgiven.

I hope that you will give up the cigarettes. It is making you a slave to sin. I don't know if your COPD will get better afterwards, but still, you will have overcome that sin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You hit on a very personal matter to me. My mom died from lung cancer when I was 24 years old, she was barely 56. I continued to smoke many years after that. When I was saved, I told Jesus I would stop smoking, and I tried, but could not...I would try every day. One day after trying to stop, every cell in my body wanted that cigarette. This time as I walked to get a cigarette, I told Jesus aloud that this was no way to live and that I don't know what you are going to do but I am going to smoke a cigarette. Just then Jesus spoke to me and said for me to feel what I was feeling in my cells as his love. I did that and immediately all desire for smoking was gone.

The pathetic part is when life gave me big troubles, I went back to smoking. Can you believe it? After Jesus giving me such an amazing miracle as talking to me and taking it from me...that I would go back to it?

I tried and failed a couple more times to quit, then one day the pain of going back to it after Jesus did that for me was so great that I cried on the floor in shame. I was determined to get cigarettes out of my life but didn't think I deserved forgiveness for it. That day I stopped smoking and cried for forgiveness and knew I was forgiven.

I hope that you will give up the cigarettes. It is making you a slave to sin. I don't know if your COPD will get better afterwards, but still, you will have overcome that sin.

My Mom had smoked for about 40 years or more. One day she prayed that God would take her away from smoking and He did. She NEVER smoked another Cigarette the rest of her life. That was a true miracle. She went on to live many more years and passed away at 81 in 2008. Does God answer prayers? You bet He does.

She was a very "Godly" Woman who had faith in her God.

God's Truth

My Mom had smoked for about 40 years or more. One day she prayed that God would take her away from smoking and He did. She NEVER smoked another Cigarette the rest of her life. That was a true miracle. She went on to live many more years and passed away at 81 in 2008. Does God answer prayers? You bet He does.

She was a very "Godly" Woman who had faith in her God.

Amen.