Doctors could prescribe houses to homeless under radical Hawaii bill

Arthur Brain

LOL.."out of work", good one Arthur.

I'll guarantee you that the reason that the subject of this thread, Stephen Williams, has had 21 staph infections isn't because he's without a home, it's because he's a needle using heroin addict.

Dude, a guarantee from you is like getting a verbal receipt of purchase, worthless. Unless you have proof that this man was injecting then it's conjecture only on your part. Even if he was you know nothing about the guys life one way or the other.

Taking from taxpayers to give lost souls like Stephen Williams something for nothing isn't compassion, it's hate.

It would be far more loving to leave him on the streets right? Maybe he'd do the right thing and die there so no more money could be frittered away on 'lost souls' like that eh?

True compassion would be getting Miller off of heroin and allowing him to provide for himself. It's not only good for Williams, it's good for society at large.

And how would you propose doing that without 'wasting' taxpayer money exactly? If he is on heroin then that means rehabilitation programs and where does the magical employment come from?

Arthur Brain

I'm sorry you've turned all of your churches into pubs. :idunno:

Drink up
drunk_walk-2125.gif
fornicate on
stripper.gif
Re 22:11

Okay, this is loopy even for you...

:AMR:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
LOL.."out of work", good one Arthur.

I'll guarantee you that the reason that the subject of this thread, Stephen Williams, has had 21 staph infections isn't because he's without a home, it's because he's a needle using heroin addict.

Dude, a guarantee from you is like getting a verbal receipt of purchase, worthless. Unless you have proof that this man was injecting then it's conjecture only on your part. Even if he was you know nothing about the guys life one way or the other.

INTRODUCTION: INJECTION USE IN THE UNITED STATES

Skin and soft tissue infections are common infections among injecting drug users, with Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), the most common bacterial pathogen for these patients.12 This organism can cause severe infections such as endocarditis and bacteremia. S. aureus is carried in the nose and on the body, and is associated with an increased risk of subsequent S. aureus infections. Patients who are active IDUs have a higher rate of colonization with S.aureus than the general population...

The main risk factor for having MRSA was attributed to IDU, with samples from these patients about ten times more likely to have MRSA than non-IDU.14

http://ccoe.rbhs.rutgers.edu/online/ARCHIVE/09hc09/article1.htm

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Taking from taxpayers to give lost souls like Stephen Williams something for nothing isn't compassion, it's hate.

It would be far more loving to leave him on the streets right? Maybe he'd do the right thing and die there so no more money could be frittered away on 'lost souls' like that eh?

Like all junkies, he'll turn his tax payer funded apartment into a heroin shooting gallery and eventually end up back on the streets. You, like all liberals, don't address the core of the problem, you just want to put a band aid over it to make yourself feel better about your life.

True compassion would be getting Miller off of heroin and allowing him to provide for himself. It's not only good for Williams, it's good for society at large.

And how would you propose doing that without 'wasting' taxpayer money exactly? If he is on heroin then that means rehabilitation programs and where does the magical employment come from?

Yes, the criminal justice system is tax payer funded, as it should be. It will be responsible for helping heroin addicts like Stephen Williams get a life again, through incarceration and privately funded- spiritually based rehabilitation programs.

Because as we both know Art: With God, anything is possible.

Arthur Brain

Skin and soft tissue infections are common infections among injecting drug users, with Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), the most common bacterial pathogen for these patients.12 This organism can cause severe infections such as endocarditis and bacteremia. S. aureus is carried in the nose and on the body, and is associated with an increased risk of subsequent S. aureus infections. Patients who are active IDUs have a higher rate of colonization with S.aureus than the general population...

The main risk factor for having MRSA was attributed to IDU, with samples from these patients about ten times more likely to have MRSA than non-IDU.14

http://ccoe.rbhs.rutgers.edu/online/ARCHIVE/09hc09/article1.htm

So nothing to actually confirm that this guy was injecting heroin then? In case it had escaped your notice, homeless people are more prone to all sorts of infection and the reasons why should be obvious even to you.

Like all junkies, he'll turn his tax payer funded apartment into a heroin shooting gallery and eventually end up back on the streets. You, like all liberals, don't address the core of the problem, you just want to put a band aid over it to make yourself feel better about your life.

If he is a heroin user then I'd support him getting rehabilitation and measures in place to see that he and everyone else on the streets has a roof over their heads instead of just being left to rot and judged as 'junkies'. Those very same measures would include follow up support and monitoring etc. Unlike you I'm not going to just judge a guy on drugs as I don't know what led to that addiction or why they're so unfortunate as to be homeless in the middle of winter etc.

Yes, the criminal justice system is tax payer funded, as it should be. It will be responsible for helping heroin addicts like Stephen Williams get a life again, through incarceration and privately funded- spiritually based rehabilitation programs.

Yeh, great. Just lob people like this in jail cos that'll sure help...

:plain:

It's actually all kinds of things are possible...

Danoh

You are a complete waste of my time if you think I have EVER seen ANYTHING as extreme black or white, especially concerning scripture.
In fact I made a big deal of it in a thread I did on the book of Job.

Someone posted a scripture as if it were a black and white issue. I posted the scripture I did to show that it was not so black and white.
That is NOT the actions of an extremist with a black and white complex, you blithering moron!

You need to give up on trying to analyze where folks are coming from, because you suck at it.

Your consistently carnal response when you perceive you have been unjustly attacked and or not agreed with; as you just now responded once more; merely proves once more I have read your double-standard correctly.

It is your seemingly convenient to you double standard that you are emotionally staight jacketed by; not my words to you.

1 Corinthians 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

You continue to miss out in your victory on the Lord during such moments - though you don't have to.

The victory is yours for the accessing.

Not to mention it's intended conforming through adversity when adversity is viewed through Pauline truth on it.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

As Paul had had to remind the "yet carnal" Corinthians...

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 4:13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

Try that, and you'll find what I have personally continued to find; whenever I perceive that others have defamed me, but I instead choose to reckon the following...

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

The result of looking at so called personal attacks whether real or imagined - when willingly viewed by faith through said reckoning?

8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

How so? Work together how? To produce what good; specifically?

The conforming or shaping tool the suffering is converted into by the above reckoning - the following being the result...

8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Why do you think I said "precious Tam"?

Because I knew you would take my words wrong and had hoped to let you know I did not mean you any harm through them.

Well guess what?

Now the ball is in my court - what am I myself also taught in everything?

Your insult just now - I have two choices...

To momentarily throw the grace that I assert is the victory out the window because it is in the way of the flesh's lie that I should both take a thing personally - and - am supposet to want to pay you back in kind; or refuse to go there by faith - that Christ might be glorified in my infirmity.

I choose the latter - out of habit "by reason of use."

As a result; at this point, in my walk, Tam; you words can't hurt me.

Your years too late, sis.

I've long since learned that neither one of us is the issue.

That Christ alone, and Him crucified...is.

I would that this victory were yours, my sister in the Lord.

It is. It is there in you, in Him, for you to access during these very moments.

You see this that follows?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

No need to take words personally. Not in light of what you have in Him.

Yours in him,

Eph. 4:16.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your consistently carnal response
And yours are what ...... heavenly????

when you perceive you have been unjustly attacked
Looks like that is what you think happened to you.

as you just now responded once more; merely proves once more I have read your double-standard correctly.
No it does not.

I posted a scripture to show that the scripture the other posted was not so black and white.
YOU then barged in incorrectly accusing ME of being an extremist and only seeing things in black and white.

So if you want to discuss folks that speak out carnally, start with yourself.

It is your seemingly convenient to you double standard that you are emotionally staight jacketed by; not my words to you.
What "double standard"??????
Be specific, and not just your usual bumper sticker cliches.

1 Corinthians 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
People defraud me all the time, like you do.
I'll live.

You continue to miss out in your victory on the Lord during such moments
I ain't gonna miss no victory.
Grace is sufficient.

The victory is yours for the accessing.
I already have the victory.
Grace is sufficient.

Not to mention it's intended conforming through adversity when adversity is viewed through Pauline truth on it.
Sometimes I respond in kind, and sometimes I don't.
I don't limit myself to one or the other.
Just like Jesus and Paul.

Try that, and you'll find ........ blah blah blah
All that bloviating just to say that neither of us should be offended by what others say about us.
Well, doofus, sometimes I'm offended and sometimes I'm not.

But since you just admitted that you already knew I would be offended if you posted it ....... you went right ahead and posted it anyway.

And then you have the gal to suggest I post for bitter carnal reasons, but you post to "help" enlighten the rest here to your personal level of righteousness that you hope everyone else might someday achieve.

WHAT A LOAD!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

So nothing to actually confirm that this guy was injecting heroin then?...
Just my years of experience working around drug addicts and living in a city that embraces sinful behavior.

If he is a heroin user then I'd support him getting rehabilitation and measures in place to see that he and everyone else on the streets has a roof over their heads instead of just being left to rot and judged as 'junkies'. Those very same measures would include follow up support and monitoring etc. Unlike you I'm not going to just judge a guy on drugs as I don't know what led to that addiction or why they're so unfortunate as to be homeless in the middle of winter etc.

I don't know what lead to his addiction either, but a compassionate society would want to get this individual help by putting him in a environment that doesn't allow him to continue his deathsytle. Giving him and other addicts unsupervised free housing doesn't help them or society at large.

BTW: Where does this supposed "right" for everyone to have a roof over their head come from Arthur? I believe Karl Marx is the author of that entitlement.

It's actually all kinds of things are possible...

If you want to get technical:

Matthew 19:26

The key thing is that God can help anyone with anything, even morally confused people like you.

Just ask Him.

Arthur Brain

Just my years of experience working around drug addicts and living in a city that embraces sinful behavior.

So nothing then.

I don't know what lead to his addiction either, but a compassionate society would want to get this individual help by putting him in a environment that doesn't allow him to continue his deathsytle. Giving him and other addicts unsupervised free housing doesn't help them or society at large.

You don't even know he was addicted never mind anything else...nobody's even advocating unsupervised free housing for drug addicts anyway.

BTW: Where does this supposed "right" for everyone to have a roof over their head come from Arthur? I believe Karl Marx is the author of that entitlement.

Do you think it's moral to allow people to starve and die on the streets? You'd sharp change your tune if you were left destitute and shivering without one...

If you want to get technical:

Matthew 19:26

No not really. Your former was an erroneous assumption and a really bad one on your part considering you're such a biblical expert and all...

The key thing is that God can help anyone with anything, even morally confused people like you.

Just ask Him.

Then how come this is coming from someone who has no issues with inventing lying and lurid homosexual innuendo and other concocted tripe up then?

:AMR:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Was a part of what God had to say about the obligation to the poor, since the priest administered to them as well as the well healed. And what God demanded was the basement, the least a person should feel obligated to do, not the whole of it. Nothing is more depressingly mistaken than reading Christians confused on the point.

How do we know God wants more from us? We read the NT, to begin with.

Meanwhile, back in the OT:

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing." Deuteronomy 10:18

"At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied." Deuteronomy 14:28-29

"Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 19:10

"When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 23:22

"If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother." Deuteronomy 15:7

"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

" Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise, says the LORD, I will protect them from those who malign them. " Psalm 12:5

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you think it's moral to allow people to starve and die on the streets? You'd sharp change your tune if you were left destitute and shivering without one...

That's why God created 3 institutions for the governance of men: The family, the Church and civil government.

If used as He intended them to be used, they do amazing things for society.

Arthur Brain

Remember when Danoh creeped on Heir and was repeatedly slandering non-28 believers as 28 believers, even after correction was offered?

Believe nothing he says.

NOTHING.

Paint that and put it on the back of a car Musty, and then hey, watch "28 days later", cos you'd fit in as one of the crowd...

Fundamentalism: Not so much fun but a whole lotta mental...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

That's why God created 3 institutions for the governance of men: The family, the Church and civil government.

Like a governmental system to provide for the poor?

:thumb:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Like a governmental system to provide for the poor?

:thumb:

Your beloved welfare state has been a total failure, hence the reason the family and the Church are so important.

Read the Bible Arthur, it has all of the answers.

Danoh

Remember when Danoh creeped on Heir and was repeatedly slandering non-28 believers as 28 believers, even after correction was offered?

Believe nothing he says.

NOTHING.

During our disagreements; heir has ALWAYS spoken her mind to me, and as HARSHLY as she has obviously believed she has needed to.

NOT ONCE has she EVER said anything to me about this fool continued accusation of yours.

Which not only shows the grace fraud you are that you stoop that low; but the hypocrite you are - for you voted for a man who admitted in his own recorded voice that he is a sexual predator of women.

You're a fraud and an incompetent who lives a deeply entrenched double-standard.

Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Danoh

And yours are what ...... heavenly????

Looks like that is what you think happened to you.

No it does not.

I posted a scripture to show that the scripture the other posted was not so black and white.
YOU then barged in incorrectly accusing ME of being an extremist and only seeing things in black and white.

So if you want to discuss folks that speak out carnally, start with yourself.

What "double standard"??????
Be specific, and not just your usual bumper sticker cliches.

People defraud me all the time, like you do.
I'll live.

I ain't gonna miss no victory.
Grace is sufficient.

I already have the victory.
Grace is sufficient.

Sometimes I respond in kind, and sometimes I don't.
I don't limit myself to one or the other.
Just like Jesus and Paul.

All that bloviating just to say that neither of us should be offended by what others say about us.
Well, doofus, sometimes I'm offended and sometimes I'm not.

But since you just admitted that you already knew I would be offended if you posted it ....... you went right ahead and posted it anyway.

And then you have the gal to suggest I post for bitter carnal reasons, but you post to "help" enlighten the rest here to your personal level of righteousness that you hope everyone else might someday achieve.

WHAT A LOAD!

I see my words did have not achieve their intended effect.

I had hoped the following might have been the sense in which my above might be taken by you...

2 Corinthians 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

I know I had not meant to offend you.

Be well.