ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

marhig

When we become a member of the "Body of Christ" and a "Child of God" the Bible says in Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" That means the essence of our "Spiritual self" is already connected to Christ in the Heavenlies. We are positioned in Christ and are guaranteed eternal life and cannot lose that position in Him. However, we are still in our flesh and therefore, are susceptible to commit sin. Being a member of the Body of Christ means we have been forgiven of any and all sins, past, present and future.

Revelation 20:12 states: "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." You'll notice it says, "According to tho their WORKS. That verse speaks of the "unsaved" that must stand before God and be judged by their WORKS! You'll notice it doesn't say: "According to their SINS." Why? Because Christ died on the cross for the sins of ALL humanity. Therefore, God's Grace was made available to every human being that ever existed. However, the prerequisite of receiving eternal life and all the other benefits of Christ's sacrifice is: Hearing the Gospel and placing ALL of one's faith, in Christ as their Savior. We cannot place a third of our faith in Christ and a third of our faith in our works/good deeds, and the other third in our church attendance. We MUST place ALL of our faith in Christ alone.

The penalty for rejecting the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel given to him by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ) is the Judgement of God and the penalty of being cast into the "Lake of Fire" for all eternity. One might ask: "Where do I find faith?" The Bible states in Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." You'll find faith in the word of God, the Bible. If you're not sure you're saved, I would recommend that you start reading/studying the writings of Paul: Romans through Philemon. I would further suggest that, before you open the Bible (Preferably King James or New King James versions of the Bible) pray to God that, He'll give you wisdom and knowledge for what you're about to read.

After you've become a member of the Body of Christ, it's imperative you read the ENTIRE Bible, Old, and New Testaments. The Bible isn't all about us Gentiles, however, it is for all of us to read and study. Paul's writings are for us today. The Gospel he preaches is for Jews and Gentiles alike. His writings contain the ONLY way of salvation and eternal life, today. It is "The Grace Gospel."

I would never believe any church that preached that all future sins are forgiven seeing as it doesn't say that in the Bible. In fact Jesus and the apostles clearly teach that we are to turn from sin and that sin brings death! Although many seem to believe we can live as we please and not worry about it, that God is going to be ok with whatever we do because Jesus has done it all for us, this belief is far from the truth.

And what makes you think that because it says "their works" in revelation that it means just the "unsaved"as you put it? It also says this in 2 Corinthians 5

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad....

Thank goodness it was Paul who said it too, so that no one can't say that it's not for us only for the Jews!

If we place all our faith in Christ and God, and we are truly following Jesus, then we should be doing the works and producing the fruits. You call people unsaved, well how do we know who is being saved? They are those who truly follow Christ and those who sit in heavenly places with him, are those who have put off their old life, those who don't belong to the world, who are denying themselves and baring their cross, who put God first before themselves and care about others around them, those who show the life of Christ through them. It's easy to say I believe and I'm saved and they're all unsaved because they don't believe like me. But those who truly belong to Christ, will be doers of the word as not hearers only, and they will want as many saved as possible. There's no such thing as the unsaved, we should have the hope that everybody is savable! The thief on the cross would have been unsaved to many, but he was far from it. His heart was right when he met Jesus, and in went the seed.

There is no such thing as Paul's gospel, there is only one gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ of which Paul was a minister, and I'd be very wary of rejecting the gospel preached by Jesus and saying it's not for me. His teachings are for all of us.

As for once saved always saved

Colossians 1

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

In the verses above, Paul says that we are to be presented holy and unreproveable if we continue in faith and not be moved away from the gospel. So we can turn away and turn to our fleshly lusts again, and if you think God will just take that and say oh that's ok, then you are very mistaken.

2 Peter 2

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

God won't be mocked.

Paul went out and preached the gospel of Christ to every creature under heaven, he didn't preach his own gospel. There is only one gospel not two! Grace is from God, and the gospel is preached through Jesus Christ and then the same gospel is preached through all his apostles including Paul. I believe in Jesus and I listen to all his teachings, I don't pick and choose what to believe.

Romans 1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be.an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

There is only one gospel, the gospel of God promised afore by his prophets brought by and lived through Jesus and Paul was an apostle and a minister of that gospel.

By the way, I pray to God always, even when I'm out and about.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would never believe any church that preached that all future sins are forgiven seeing as it doesn't say that in the Bible. In fact Jesus and the apostles clearly teach that we are to turn from sin and that sin brings death! Although many seem to believe we can live as we please and not worry about it, that God is going to be ok with whatever we do because Jesus has done it all for us, this belief is far from the truth.

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dodge has accused me of committing a crime by saying "That's classified" when he asked me if I was in the Marine Corp, fought next to Duke Wayne at the battle of "The Sands of Iwo Jima", and fought next to General Custer at the Little Big Horn. My other crime is stating that I fought alongside General George C. Patton in WW2. Does anybody know if these are crimes against our GREAT Nation?

Oh, I also forgot to mention that, I was an original member of "The Dirty Dozen", and "The Magnificent Seven."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Although many seem to believe we can live as we please and not worry about it, that God is going to be ok with whatever we do because Jesus has done it all for us, this belief is far from the truth.
OR .......

It could be that GOD most definitely provided EVERYTHING for mankind that was needed.
Reminiscent of the time before the fall when Adam and Eve did not know good from evil (ie. saw no distinction in the two).
It was not until the eating of the fruit from the tree of good and evil that they even realized their nakedness.
Before they knew of the distinction between good and evil, their nakedness was not a concern to them or GOD.

Which could be the reason scriptures exhorts us to come to GOD as little children (not yet knowing good from evil).

Right Divider

Body part
Who says that? Not me.

Grace is NOT a "license to sin" as you seem to think that some of us believe.

Rom 6:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (6:2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (6:15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

You have a very self-centered view of sin and forgiveness if you think that Jesus didn't do it all for you. It is grace that allows anyone to be free from the dominion of sin, just like Paul says.

marhig

OR .......

It could be that GOD most definitely provided EVERYTHING for mankind that was needed.
Reminiscent of the time before the fall when Adam and Eve did not know good from evil (ie. saw no distinction in the two).
It was not until the eating of the fruit from the tree of good and evil that they even realized their nakedness.
Before they knew of the distinction between good and evil, their nakedness was not a concern to them or GOD.

Which could be the reason scriptures exhorts us to come to GOD as little children (not yet knowing good from evil).

I agree with the going back to innocence, but we won't be at one with God again until we are willing to do this, and that includes denying ourselves, turning from the things of this world, becoming humble and dying the death. God wants a clean innocent heart, and that happens when we are put to death by the spirit through Christ, but we must be a living sacrifice willing to lay down our lives for God and those around us.

If we're not willing to bare our cross and partake in Christs sufferings, then we're not worthy of him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If we're not willing to bare our cross and partake in Christs sufferings, then we're not worthy of him.
It's not about your worthiness.
You are most definitely unworthy, as all other than Christ are.
He alone is worthy.
And it is His righteousness (not yours) that saves.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The righteousness of one, not two (not you and Christ, but Christ alone).

Christ did not go to the cross to make bad men better.
He went to the cross so dead men could live (through His righteousness, not yours).

marhig

It's not about your worthiness.
You are most definitely unworthy, as all other than Christ are.
He alone is worthy.
And it is His righteousness (not yours) that saves.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The righteousness of one, not two (not you and Christ, but Christ alone).

Christ did not go to the cross to make bad men better.
He went to the cross so dead men could live (through His righteousness, not yours).

Oh I know it's nothing to do with me, I know I'm just filthy flesh. I know what I'm like without God and Christ. My flesh is a disgrace! Without God and Christ I'd still be dead in my sins. And I know that it's only the righteousness of Jesus Christ that is saving me, I know I'm nothing.

Also Jesus Christ was crucified by wicked men, it's by his life we are saved, death doesn't save life does.

By the way, the part of my post that you have quoted me on, is in the Bible