ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh I know it's nothing to do with me, I know I'm just filthy flesh. I know what I'm like without God and Christ. My flesh is a disgrace! Without God and Christ I'd still be dead in my sins. And I know that it's only the righteousness of Jesus Christ that is saving me, I know I'm nothing.
AMEN!

We are saved WHILE we are sinners, not AFTER we try our best to clean ourselves up.

Romans 5:8 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

By the way, the part of my post that you have quoted me on, is in the Bible
Mine too.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
16343359_116197170751.gif

That guy founded your theology

This guy founded my theology

3864359886_6e44ffcac8.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
Who says that? Not me.

Grace is NOT a "license to sin" as you seem to think that some of us believe.

Rom 6:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? (6:2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (6:15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

You have a very self-centered view of sin and forgiveness if you think that Jesus didn't do it all for you. It is grace that allows anyone to be free from the dominion of sin, just like Paul says.

Titus 2 KJV

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's not about your worthiness.
You are most definitely unworthy, as all other than Christ are.
He alone is worthy.
And it is His righteousness (not yours) that saves.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The righteousness of one, not two (not you and Christ, but Christ alone).

Christ did not go to the cross to make bad men better.
He went to the cross so dead men could live (through His righteousness, not yours).

Being found worthy is not scripture speaking of reconciliation to God by Jesus but is in regard to being worthy to inherit the Kingdom of God and rule with Christ over the nations beginning at the resurrection.

There are two resurrections and the idea that only the lost are in the second resurrection is false, though one may become so unworthy that even the once saved will be lost, where such were never saved to the uttermost as Hebrews shows.

Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
Luk 12:41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Notice that the escape is not any pre-trib rapture.

LA

marhig

AMEN!

We are saved WHILE we are sinners, not AFTER we try our best to clean ourselves up.

Romans 5:8 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Mine too.

Where I see differently to some others is in the saved whilst we were still sinners, yes we were, because we are still sinners. But we are not predestinated to be saved and we're not saved before we repent either, and even then if we turn back to our fleshly ways and if we go back to our old life in the flesh and our own lusts again then I don't believe that God will tolerate that.

I believe that we hear the word of God whilst we are still sinners, but we are to truly repent and once we have true faith, we are saved from our past sins, then we are to turn from sin and obey God, and once by the grace of God we are born again of the spirit, then he gives us the strength to overcome the flesh, but we must be willing to deny ourselves and turn from sin. If we are to be a living sacrifice then we must be willing to die the death.

Faith without works is dead, you'll know those who have true faith, because they will be those doing the works of God. As God cleanses their hearts and teaches them, they will be living it out and living by his will and not their own.

God wants us all back, every single one of us and and Jesus wanted his gospel to be preached to every person under heaven so that they have a chance to hear repent, be reconciled and be saved from this sinful life and be alive and at one with God again.

I could never see myself as elect or before anyone, I don't want to be seen as elect either I'm just flesh, I'm no better than anyone else, as I said, it's only through Christ by the spirit and by his righteousness that I have any hope. I hope that everyone gets into heaven, I couldn't ever sit and say you're going to hell but I'm not. That is self righteousness. We have no right to judge another, as only God truly knows our hearts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Notice that the escape is not any pre-trib rapture.

LA

So, LA has proven without a shadow of a doubt, there will be NO Rapture of the Church, by supplying conclusive proof in the form of a few verses, unrelated to the facts. What an accomplishment for mankind she has brought about in a single LA kind of afternoon.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So, LA has proven without a shadow of a doubt, there will be NO Rapture of the Church, by supplying conclusive proof in the form of a few verses, unrelated to the facts. What an accomplishment for mankind she has brought about in a single LA kind of afternoon.

The rapture proves the rapture wrong :chuckle:

The fact that it was never conceived in all history despite how plain you all report it to be is pretty damning, I don't see how anyone could hold to it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Being found worthy is not scripture speaking of reconciliation to God by Jesus but is in regard to being worthy to inherit the Kingdom of God and rule with Christ over the nations beginning at the resurrection.

There are two resurrections and the idea that only the lost are in the second resurrection is false, though one may become so unworthy that even the once saved will be lost, where such were never saved to the uttermost as Hebrews shows.

Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
Luk 12:41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

LA

At least LA THINKS she's smart. It really doesn't matter if everybody else considers her a "Super Dunce."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The rapture proves the rapture wrong :chuckle:

The fact that it was never conceived in all history despite how plain you all report it to be is pretty damning, I don't see how anyone could hold to it.

Have you ever considered the fact that the people who believe in the Rapture are vastly smarter than you? Which probably includes the majority of the population of the world, as well.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Poor Dodge has no sense of humor. He's never heard of Hyperbole evidently. I also told Dodge I fought with Custer at the Little Big Horn and fought along side Duke Wayne at "The Sands of Iwo Jima."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever considered the fact that the people who believe in the Rapture are vastly smarter than you?

:rotfl:
That's hilarious.

Saint Augustine would put you all to shame. Go read 'The City of God' if you are so smart.
Anyone who's read it knows exactly what I mean- you think you know but you have no idea :chuckle:

Danoh

16343359_116197170751.gif

That guy founded your theology

This guy founded my theology

3864359886_6e44ffcac8.jpg

So, your idol worship verses your just as false perception of a MAD idol.

Got it.

Yo, JohnW, got an extra seat left; I got someone needs to "take a seat" for a very...long time.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I hate to have to do this publicly, but, here goes: I NEVER fought at the Little Big Horn and never fought alongside Duke Wayne at "The Sands of Iwo Jima." And, I hate to admit it, but, I wasn't "The Man who Shot Liberty Valance." I also told Dodge that. I guess I exaggerated folks, for that I apologize. Also, I didn't even know George C. Patton, let alone fought with him in WW2. So, there's my history, think whatever you will of old GM?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:
That's hilarious.

Saint Augustine would put you all to shame. Go read 'The City of God' if you are so smart.
Anyone who's read it knows exactly what I mean- you think you know but you have no idea :chuckle:

Augustine was a full-fledged Catholic like yourself. At least you sound like one to me.