ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

marhig

The will of God is that all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV).

By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It's by grace (Romans 11:6 KJV).

You can't earn it (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV) and it cannot be taken away from you (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

You can be saved right now, right where you are without so much as wiggling your little finger when you trust the Lord believing that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day as declared by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

It doesn't say anywhere that I have to believe that Christ died on a wooden cross for my sins, to be saved. We are saved by the grace of God through faith. Faith, and the life of Christ saves, the only death God wants is the death of our flesh, our fleshly lusts and sinful ways. And this is done by the life of Christ within our hearts, through the spirit. Only Satan would teach that you can still sin and be saved. As he did to Eve. He was a liar from the beginning and he still lies. Sin and God don't mix. If we belong to Christ and we are living by the will of God and walking in the spirit, then will be turning from sin.

And there's a whole lot more that I have to do than just sit back and do nothing not even wiggle my little finger, for a start I won't be forgiven of anything until I truly repent.

As for eternal salvation, only God knows who are eternally saved. We are saved from our past sins and then daily by the spirit within, teaching, guiding and turning from sin and we are to listen, suffer and deny those sins, and as the spirit puts our flesh to death, we become stronger in the spirit and stronger in God. Paul said that he died daily, he was putting away his flesh everyday, being put to death by the spirit so that Christ could live through him. How can others see Christ in us if we are still living the will and the lusts of our flesh? They have to go, so that Christ can live. We must decrease and he must increase. Our old man gone and replaced with a new man which is Christ in the heart. His life should be covering us inside and out so that we are seen no more. Our life is hidden in Christ and he is seen through us.

If you believe that you can continue to live your life in the flesh, living by your will and by the lusts of the flesh, and that Jesus dying on the cross means that God doesn't see the sins you're wilfully committing, and that you're saved and going heaven regardless of how you live, then your very much mistaken. When we repent we are saved of our past sins, we are then to turn from sin and live by the will of God, and the holy spirit will give us the strength to overcome, if we keep our faith and trust in God and deny ourselves and follow Jesus.

Romans 3

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I did say that God changes our heart to be more like him, and it's all done through Christ.
Agreed.

Yet we have to deny ourselves, if we didn't have to deny ourselves, and it's all done for us, what would be the point of us being tested, tempted and tried by fire?
When tempted we submit to Him, rather than our flesh. If He lives in us that's not a denial of anything. It is simply Him living in us.

Now, what verses are you using for your reference here regarding being tried by fire?

Also, learn to use the quote function properly.

Yes I did
You attempted, and you failed. Apparently you didn't understand the question.

He is in control, but being in control doesn't mean that he does everything for us, we have free will, and we are tried as tested so we have a choice, obey God or obey our flesh.
What do you think submission is?

What he does do is through the spirit is, show us our sins, prompt us to do what's right and then we have a choice to obey him or not, if something is too hard for us to cope with, we are to go to him and ask for help and I believe that he will strengthen us, if we are living by his will.

1 Corinthians 10

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God*is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear*it....

And that way of escape is through Christ, with the life of Christ as an example, and to fast and pray to God for help to strengthen us.

I don't believe that we just sit back, do nothing and say that God is doing everything, I'm perfect saved and going to heaven because Christ obeyed God and I don't have to obey is all done for me. Which is what I have seen others say, this isn't the truth, it's a false teaching

We are to deny ourselves, bare bear our cross daily and follow Christ. Those who are not willing to do this, are not worthy of him.

God and flesh don't mix, it's one or the other. We deny the flesh and live, or we deny God and Christ and remain dead in our sins.
Clearly you don't know the definition of "submit."

Why do you think Jesus said this to his disciples?
Because the gospel He sent them to preach before the cross was not the same as the one they preached after. And certainly not the same one Paul preached. See, the gospel changes...

marhig

Agreed.

When tempted we submit to Him, rather than our flesh. If He lives in us that's not a denial of anything. It is simply Him living in us.

Now, what verses are you using for your reference here regarding being tried by fire?

Also, learn to use the quote function properly.

You attempted, and you failed. Apparently you didn't understand the question.

What do you think submission is?

Clearly you don't know the definition of "submit."

Because the gospel He sent them to preach before the cross was not the same as the one they preached after. And certainly not the same one Paul preached. See, the gospel changes...
Well you didn't say much there!

So your telling me, that you never have to deny yourself and it's all done for you? You never find it hard to say no for something that your flesh really wants to do? Blimey you must be perfect then! Even Jesus had to suffer to learn obedience!

I know that sometimes I have the fight of my life, and my conscience is burning as the spirit is fighting and warring against my flesh, showing me the truth and telling me that what I'm about do is sinful and he's telling me that I shouldn't do it. And my flesh really wants to, but the spirit is stronger and he helps me overcome, and yes i submit to him, but it's not all done for me. I still have to choose, do I obey God, or my flesh and sin. I don't always succeed either, but i don't take God for granted and I know these if I purposely disobey him, I will suffer the consequences.

And you can pick at my English and at me, big deal. So what if I'm not perfect at spelling or at grammar? I don't think God cares about that. I know I'm just me, a human being made of dust and not a high flying theologian who knows it all! But with God, I have the spirit and I don't need to know all the different languages and translations. I have the Bible and the spirit of God, and he is teaching me in my heart what is right and what is wrong. And that's all I need!

And I know that is right to obey God and turn from sin. And it's wrong to just take him for granted and think it's ok to live my life and even if I live by the will of my flesh I'm saved, that's a false teaching taught by the father of lies.

You believe what you will.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well you didn't say much there!

So your telling me, that you never have to deny yourself and it's all done for you? You never find it hard to say no for something that your flesh really wants to do? Blimey you must be perfect then! Even Jesus had to suffer to learn obedience!
:doh:

You can't really be this daft.:plain:

I know that sometimes I have the fight of my life, and my conscience is burning as the spirit is fighting and warring against my flesh, showing me the truth and telling me that what I'm about do is sinful and he's telling me that I shouldn't do it. And my flesh really wants to, but the spirit is stronger and he helps me overcome, and yes i submit to him, but it's not all done for me. I still have to choose, do I obey God, or my flesh and sin. I don't always succeed either, but i don't take God for granted and I know these if I purposely disobey him, I will suffer the consequences.

And you can pick at my English and at me, big deal. So what if I'm not perfect at spelling or at grammar? I don't think God cares about that. I know I'm just me, a human being made of dust and not a high flying theologian who knows it all! But with God, I have the spirit and I don't need to know all the different languages and translations. I have the Bible and the spirit of God, and he is teaching me in my heart what is right and what is wrong. And that's all I need!

And I know that is right to obey God and turn from sin. And it's wrong to just take him for granted and think it's ok to live my life and even if I live by the will of my flesh I'm saved, that's a false teaching taught by the father of lies.

You believe what you will.
You have no idea what I believe. You're making assumptions because you don't have any clue what the words I used mean.

And no one in Christ lives in the flesh. Read Romans 8:1-9.

marhig

:doh:

You can't really be this daft.:plain:

You have no idea what I believe. You're making assumptions because you don't have any clue what the words I used mean.

And no one in Christ lives in the flesh. Read Romans 8:1-9.

Well your the one saying you don't have to do anything and it's all done for you?

And here the key words in straight away in the first verse in Romans 8 1-9

V1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

We are to walk after the spirit and not after the flesh, then there is no condemnation. Because if we walk after the spirit, then we will be living by the will of God and following Jesus!

And you're wrong I'm afraid, thousands profess to be in Christ but live very much in the flesh. And put themselves before God.

God must come before our flesh it's an abomination to him and so is living by the lusts of it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi,

It is the flesh of the believer yet unsubmitted to God, in refusal to obey, which is the birth place of and is anti-Christ.

This is why the son of perdition is mentioned in 2 Thes ch 2, but it is not one person now, but instead is the fallen away churches and individuals of the end times.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Unlike you bible blenders, who assert that all of the bible is about you, written specifically to you, for your obedience, and it all says the same thing, dispensationaslists can back up what we believe from scripture, rightly dividing the word of truth, and we do not need Professor Demas/Judas, a "the" church SOF or any other ilk to rearrange and distort the scripture for us, and are not an embarrassment to the Saviour, like you.

So there.

Yep, that is what they taught us to say at the Institute of Eisegesis and Sloppy Exegesis of Akron Ohio, under the great Dr. Herman Eutic.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi,

It is the flesh of the believer yet unsubmitted to God, in refusal to obey, which is the birth place of and is anti-Christ.

This is why the son of perdition is mentioned in 2 Thes ch 2, but it is not one person now, but instead is the fallen away churches and individuals of the end times.

LA

What "Commentary" did you get that out of, LA?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
MADism requires one to brainwash their self until they believe it.

I don't see any other way a person could bald face look at the rest of Christianity in the eye and disregard baptism, communion, and sacred tradition without having killed a part of their brain beforehand.

And then adding a rapture on top of it.

:chuckle:

I find it extraordinary how a Human Being, such as yourself, can be so consistently wrong about everything that comes out of his fingertips/mind?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It doesn't say anywhere that I have to believe that Christ died on a wooden cross for my sins, to be saved.
Paul writes that the gospel of Christ (which he declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). We, the saved, know the preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV). Your problem is, you don't believe it. You believe we are saved by grace, BUT...just like all the other religious, but lost drones out there! You think you are going to change your nasty, rotten, good for nothing flesh that in such dwelleth no good thing (Romans 7:18 KJV), cannot please God (Romans 8:8 KJV) and shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 15:50 KJV). God is not going to accept your measly sacrifice of not smoking, drinking or playing cards when you reject what God accomplished through the faith of Jesus Christ in your place (Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Galatians 3:13 KJV)!

You need to look back to the cross where God was in Christ, reconciling the world, not imputing your trespasses unto you (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV) and trust the Lord believing that what Christ did was all sufficient to save your never dying soul!

heir

TOL Subscriber
And there's a whole lot more that I have to do than just sit back and do nothing not even wiggle my little finger, for a start I won't be forgiven of anything until I truly repent.
If you could so much as wiggle your little finger to be saved by DOing something to save yourself you deny that in the ages to come God will shew the exceeding riches of His grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:7 KJV). You do not believe salvation/eternal life is the gift of God as Paul writes that it is (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why aren't you forgiven all trespasses as Paul writes that we are?

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

dodge

If you could so much as wiggle your little finger to be saved by DOing something to save yourself you deny that in the ages to come God will shew the exceeding riches of His grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:7 KJV). You do not believe salvation/eternal life is the gift of God as Paul writes that it is (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

Paul taught that folks should repent:

Act 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.