ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Danoh

you divisive little wind bag

Leave it to your cult-like manner to go there :chuckle:

You're just being your usual you where disagreed with.

As all cult-like "my way alone, or the highway" types are.

Mad is not a cult.

But your above is, as usual; VERY cult-like.

All schools of thought have YOUR kind within their ranks.

Try to discredit the obvious how you might; YOU are STILL wrong.

Because how you study SOME things is wrong.

That is ALWAYS the case where Mads end up at a different understanding on SOME things.

Just as where Mads end up at a same understanding is ALWAYS due to each their having been consistent (unaware or not) in the principles of study first made evident in the Scripture; the subsequent, consistent application of which ONLY THEN resulted in the re-emergence of Mid-Acts as a method of study to begin with.

Get all high and mighty and self-righteous all you want :chuckle:

Make it as personal as your arrogance and pride tempt you too - amuse this fellow Mad by this childish "taking my ball home" insistence you AND YOURS play by...

YOU AND YOURS ARE not only STILL wrong...but doubly so.

You are only showing to ALL but your little cult-like conduct club; that MAD itself actually is a cult.

YOU are actually bringing shame to MAD.

You and yours are that wilful.

THIS was your ACTUAL battle with Jerry - YOUR KIND BEING just like HIM.

I, for one, find this irony...amusing.

You're as blind as those you point your one-sided finger at.

Ya gotta admit your self-induced joke on you is...funny.

In fact, see the humour in your "heir-ur" :rotfl: and you'll begin to move on at last, from your "my way alone, or else" foolishness.

Yours in Him, my (lower case) mad sister in the Lord, lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry for the long passage, but I think that it compliments what you said.
Ezek 36:16-38 (AKJV/PCE)
(36:16) ¶ Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, (36:17) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. (36:18) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols [wherewith] they had polluted it: (36:19) And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. (36:20) And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These [are] the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. (36:21) ¶ But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. (36:22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. (36:23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. (36:24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (36:25) ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (36:26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (36:27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. (36:28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. (36:29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. (36:30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. (36:31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that [were] not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. (36:32) Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel. (36:33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. (36:34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. (36:35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited. (36:36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it]. (36:37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do [it] for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. (36:38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

The LORD does this for HIS name's sake and not theirs.
Yes it does. Thank you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Get a hold of a Bible.

Luke 12:33 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:33) Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luke 18:22 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:22) Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

All of those in Act 2:44-45 did it.

Did they sell their houses?

john w

Hall of Fame
Ask me anything about the word, and I will defend it.

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Defend this "everyone"-identify them. Defend how this "everyone" could see an invisible Saviour, punk.

Danoh

Read it more closely, you Bible twister.

Titus 1:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (1:2) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; (1:3) But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (1:4) To Titus, [mine] own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. (1:5) For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: (1:6) If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. (1:7) For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; (1:8) But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; (1:9) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Again Paul singles himself out as having received the doctrine that he preaches. The "faithful word as he hath been taught" is what PAUL taught them.

Yep! :thumb:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I can see why a Catholic such as yourself would consider it blasphemy, However, in reality, it isn't.

Anyone who isn't Darbyist in their beliefs is 'Catholic' to you :rolleyes:

Calvinism brought back the beliefs of early Christianity before the Catholic Church, in which God is sovereign and His people are preordained. Some of the oldest churches in the world, particularly the Presbyterian communion, adopted it for it's remarkable accuracy- that can't be said of those as yourself who are incapable of comprehending real Christianity.

Right Divider

Body part
Did they sell their houses?
I'm such a big fan of your "now I've got him" questions. So funny.

Acts 2:44-47 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (2:45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need. (2:46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (2:47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Apparently, they did. Maybe they had some sort of global partnership agreement written up so that the could hold "ALL things in COMMON".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who isn't Darbyist in their beliefs is 'Catholic' to you :rolleyes:

Yep, that's what Darby followers do.

They call me a Catholic all the time.

They also call me a rabbi. Not quite sure how I can be a Catholic and a rabbi at the same time, but that's what the Darby followers do.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apparently, they did.

First off, you gave the wrong verse.

You were supposed to give Acts 4:34:

(Acts 4:34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

You MADists claim these early Jewish Christians sold their homes. However, that's not what it says.

After Acts 4:34, we find the following:

(Acts 8:3) As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

How did Saul enter into their houses if they had sold their houses?

(Acts 10:6) He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

Why didn't Simon sell his house by the seaside?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

(Acts 4:34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

You MADists claim these early Jewish Christians sold their homes. However, that's not what it says.

(Acts 8:3) As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

(Acts 10:6) He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

Have YOU sold your house by the Seashore?

Right Divider

Body part
There was nothing wrong with the verses that I gave.

Good job, you proved the point!

Because things had already changed by then. See Acts 8:1, James 1:1, Peter 1:1.