Do some Republican candidates need to drop out?

Newman

Are you familiar with the word "theocracy"?
Yes. Are you familiar with the term "red herring"?

Wrong again. As the article on Jefferson stated: "In essence, the Ambassador from Tripoli stated that their religion, Islam, gave them the right to kidnap and murder and enslave those who held different beliefs."
"In essence" = "Let me introduce my own bias into history"

LOL...Libertarians.
I'll take that as a concession that freedom of religion is a conservative position. Do you disagree?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Are you familiar with the word "theocracy"?

Then you'd know that the words "Islam" and "theocracy" go hand in hand.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Wrong again. As the article on Jefferson stated: "In essence, the Ambassador from Tripoli stated that their religion, Islam, gave them the right to kidnap and murder and enslave those who held different beliefs."

"In essence" = "Let me introduce my own bias into history"

It's all in the Qur'an.

LOL...Libertarians.

I'll take that as a concession that freedom of religion is a conservative position. Do you disagree?

That would be a Libertarian position (all religions are the same). Islam isn't a religion, it's a cult that worships amongst other things a pedophile false prophet and murders those who don't embrace it's false doctrine.

Newman

Apparently you are just as much of a theocrat if you don't acknowledge freedom of religion.

That would be a Libertarian position (all religions are the same). Islam isn't a religion, it's a cult that worships amongst other things a pedophile false prophet and murders those who don't embrace it's false doctrine.

Acknowledging the freedom that people have to worship/believe what/who they want the way they want to is different than saying all religions are the same. People aren't criminals for believing something, they are criminals when they commit crimes.

Just because we know something to be false doesn't mean we should outlaw people believing that false thing. Christians are called to preach the Gospel, not put people in jail or kill people for not believing it.

The question we are discussing, however, is freedom of religion and non-interventionist foreign policy whether or not these are conservative values. None of what you have offered touches on this at all, but is just your usual M.O. of following irrelevant lines.

I don't even have any skin in this game, but I do think that both of those are conservative positions. What is conservatism to you? Christian theocratic empire instead of Islamic theocratic empire?

WizardofOz

I sometimes feel most of the candidates running for president would, if “necessary” put self over country

The only ones I tend to trust not to do that are Cruz, Fiorina, Huckabee (and maybe Carson)

It seems at some point in the near future, the candidates who are further behind in the polls (not that polls are totally reliable; they’re not), even if I like those candidates, should drop out and put their support behind one candidate

65% or more of Rs are not in favor of the front-runner, which obviously means most of them (us) want someone else.

Though I like all the aforementioned candidates (and some not mentioned), I say the Party should get behind one person to go against Trump.

Maybe after Iowa?

I will keep my preference as to whom that one person should be to myself at this point, but really, it would be so nice to have 2 or 3 candidates

What happened in the last couple elections? I didn’t follow those very well

I guess we all now know what TruthSetsFree's next reincarnation will be named...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Apparently you are just as much of a theocrat if you don't acknowledge freedom of religion.

There is no "freedom" when it comes to Islam. On that note: I've stated for quite sometime now that secular humanists and their Libertarian allies just love Islam. I'm convinced that it's their HATRED of Judeo/Christian doctrine that bonds them so closely.

Acknowledging the freedom that people have to worship/believe what/who they want the way they want to is different than saying all religions are the same. People aren't criminals for believing something, they are criminals when they commit crimes.

While you as a Libertarian don't physically "commit" crimes, you promote them through legislation. Islam is the same way with the Qu'ran, i.e. through their hateful and extremely violent doctrine.

Just because we know something to be false doesn't mean we should outlaw people believing that false thing. Christians are called to preach the Gospel, not put people in jail or kill people for not believing it.

You might want to take up the subject of jail and murdering people with Christians in Muslim countries, as they know firsthand what that is like.

The question we are discussing, however, is freedom of religion and non-interventionist foreign policy whether or not these are conservative values. None of what you have offered touches on this at all, but is just your usual M.O. of following irrelevant lines.

I've pointed out that Islam is not a religion, but a extremely hateful and violent cult. As far as "non-interventionist foreign policy":

I marvel how you Libertarians think that Islam hates Jews and Christians (and other religions as well) because we set foot on their soil. Islam has a long history of aggression and it comes from their Qu'ran.

I don't even have any skin in this game, but I do think that both of those are conservative positions. What is conservatism to you? Christian theocratic empire instead of Islamic theocratic empire?

The basis of conservatism comes from a book that you really should pick up and read:

The Holy Bible.

Newman

There is no "freedom" when it comes to Islam.

You've intentionally used "freedom" with a different definition than the one we're currently discussing. I think you understand that you are wrong here and so you keep throwing out red herrings.

On that note: I've stated for quite sometime now that secular humanists and their Libertarian allies just love Islam. I'm convinced that it's their HATRED of Judeo/Christian doctrine that bonds them so closely.

Hmm... more irrelevant provocation. aCW's non-stop M.O.

While you as a Libertarian don't physically "commit" crimes, you promote them through legislation. Islam is the same way with the Qu'ran, i.e. through their hateful and extremely violent doctrine.

You've got nothing else? No real arguments? Nothing to add?

You might want to take up the subject of jail and murdering people with Christians in Muslim countries, as they know firsthand what that is like.

More deflection because you can't support your position. But we're not talking about that are we?

I've pointed out that Islam is not a religion, but a extremely hateful and violent cult. As far as "non-interventionist foreign policy":

I marvel how you Libertarians think that Islam hates Jews and Christians (and other religions as well) because we set foot on their soil. Islam has a long history of aggression and it comes from their Qu'ran.

Irrelevant. Deflection. Provocation. You literally have nothing to support your argument.

The basis of conservatism comes from a book that you really should pick up and read:

The Holy Bible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part where Jesus calls the cops on the Gentiles for being Gentiles. Or when Paul put people in jail for not believing in the resurrected Christ. Or that part where Jesus amassed an army to invade another country because they weren't Christian.

How in the world do you get an interventionist foreign policy and violently enforcing Christianity on people from the Bible? Parading around the world looking for converts at the point of a gun or a sword sounds more like Islam than Biblical Christianity to me. Are you sure you aren't Muslim? You're definitely not conservative, in any sense of the word.

lighthouse99

I need to read up on Cruz. I will be honest, with all the media Trump is getting, I know next to nothing about Cruz.

i have read his biog

he stands up to the corruption in Washington like no one else does

that is true courage

Boehner admitted some time back, apparently without any sense of shame, that--well, i can't recall the exact words but this is my take on what he said: That he liked the big social club known as Washington

Cruz LOATHES that kind of thing

he is a true hero

:upright:

:tunes:

lighthouse99

Islam isn't a nation. It's a religion.

t.

no, it is not

it started out as one but its leader (AD 630-ish) ditched religion for political power (etc) and started using force to DOMINATE and rule & expand wherever he (they) could

people need to learn history

They call it a religion the same way the Mormons use religion, as a cloak to commit immorality, but @ least the Mormons gave up polygamy rather than be on the outs w/ US govt

++

lighthouse99

Can we all agree that Jeb Bush should have dropped out months ago??

i think all but Cruz, Huckabee, Fiorina and Paul should drop out

But it would be nice if we gathered around ONE candidate

Then T would not be

(broken record)

I'm at the top of the polls

I am leading in the polls

no one is better than me

ISIL fears me [and no one else]

blah blah tiresome blah

Also, I mistakenly thought it was Cruz calling for a 34 nation ban on immigrants, but i believe that was Paul's idea

I like Rand Paul. He is a bit dovish, but other than that i like him
:luigi:

lighthouse99

all Republican candidates took an oath not to go 3rd party

If any of them does, you know what kind of president he/she will be: just like the one we have:shocked:, won't keep promises:shocked:

("If you like your plan, you can keep it" / "This will be the most transparent Administration" etc etc)

Is that the kind of president you want? Would you marry a liar? someone who cheats? Then don't elect someone who would do that, who would put self over the nation

:FrankiE:​

:shocked:

lighthouse99

just one

Trump

well, if i were to chose just one, he would be it. But if we could all just rally around one nominee or two, at least he wouldn't be Numero Uno anymore, which of course, he isn't because he doesn't have the support of about 65% of Republicans, but you know what i mean

:think:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Conventional wisdom would suggest that Trump won't last until the Republican Convention if he continues making the kinds of political announcements he has made in the past.

Most of the presidential wannabees are simply biding their time, hoping that Trump will self-destruct and wait till the dust settles before making any final decisions.

Its doubtful that with this many candidates, Trump can achieve a majority and in the worst case scenario, they would all throw their support behind one candidate to block him at the GOP Convention.

Newman

no, it is not

it started out as one but its leader (AD 630-ish) ditched religion for political power (etc) and started using force to DOMINATE and rule & expand wherever he (they) could

people need to learn history

They call it a religion the same way the Mormons use religion, as a cloak to commit immorality, but @ least the Mormons gave up polygamy rather than be on the outs w/ US govt

++

Islam does not have a king, president, national borders, a constitution, a parliament, or an army. It has none of the features we associate with modern nation states, except that it is made up of people.

It does have a system of doctrine, claims about the supernatural, converts, holidays celebrated by followers worldwide, etc. It has all of the features we associate with modern religions.