ECT Do Miracles still happen today?

Danoh

1Tim 4:1-3 In the latter days, people will give into deceiving spirits and "doctrines of demons".

1-There is how a verse reads.

It reads exactly as written.

Thus, every word in any passage is important to its whole, and just as laid out.

Example, "repent" and "repent ye, therefore" are NOT the same.

2-As a result, there is what any passage actually means, or is actually referring to.

4-And as a result, there is ever the need not only to compare verse with verse towards identifying intended sense, but in light of what doing so has first made evident as to the who, what, when, where, how, and why of a thing.

5-Only then should one even begin to compare verse with verse - in light of the bigger picture step 4 has allowed seeing.

Induction (intake and examination of much information) towards a Working Premise from which to apply Deduction towards a Conclusion.

And each is not only interconnected with the others, but is a never ending process of refinement and still yet further refinement.

The study of Scripture is not a guessing at. It is instead a very deliberate; a very conscious endeavour...driven by the clear awareness of what its's principles are.

For Scripture concerns the things of the Lord...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

dodge

1-There is how a verse reads.

It reads exactly as written.

Thus, every word in any passage is important to its whole, and just as laid out.

Example, "repent" and "repent ye, therefore" are NOT the same.

2-As a result, there is what any passage actually means, or is actually referring to.

4-And as a result, there is ever the need not only to compare verse with verse towards identifying intended sense, but in light of what doing so has first made evident as to the who, what, when, where, how, and why of a thing.

5-Only then should one even begin to compare verse with verse - in light of the bigger picture step 4 has allowed seeing.

Induction (intake and examination of much information) towards a Working Premise from which to apply Deduction towards a Conclusion.

And each is not only interconnected with the others, but is a never ending process of refinement and still yet further refinement.

The study of Scripture is not a guessing at. It is instead a very deliberate; a very conscious endeavour...driven by the clear awareness of what its's principles are.

For Scripture concerns the things of the Lord...

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

You said a whole lot ! SO do you NOT believe the verse ?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
1Tim 4:1-3 In the latter days, people will give into deceiving spirits and "doctrines of demons".

The verse is pretty straight forward.

In the latter days people will give heed to deceiving Spirits and doctrines of demons, and I would contend we are there NOW.

TweetyBird

I am a 100% cessationist with regard to all apostolic era sign gifts and the "ministry gifts" described by Paul. I also believe that God has not promised or guaranteed any miraculous intervention under grace. Zero, zip, nada.

But I further believe there is no indication that He categorically won't, either.

There is nothing in Pauls writings for this dispensation to indicate, as some insist, that God will not directly intervene in people's lives as He wills and if He will. Ask those who claim "God doesn't answer prayer today" to make that case with chapter and verse. They can't. They start with an assumed conclusion -- He won't -- and work backwards into Scripture to try to prove it.

Yet you believe that God will not ever intervene with the Gospel if He wills.

That said, I believe it's pretty clear that if He intervenes it will be only on the behalf of, in the lives of, those who belong to the body of Christ. Yet even there, He has promised only to hear, not to act according to our expressed need.

But all who are not Christ's have nothing to claim before God except the saving Gospel of grace.

What about all the testimonies of 1000s upon 1000s of unbelievers who receive miracles and interventions that are attributed to God? Are they deceived? Where do these miracles and interventions come from if not from God that unbelievers experience?

Danoh

You said a whole lot ! SO do you NOT believe the verse ?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post

The verse is pretty straight forward.

In the latter days people will give heed to deceiving Spirits and doctrines of demons, and I would contend we are there NOW.

In other words, you did what you always prove you do - you "dodge" sound principles in favor of your own guessing at.

In short :chuckle:

dodge

In other words, you did what you always prove you do - you "dodge" sound principles in favor of your own guessing at.

You are a legend in your own mind !

I quoted a verse which YOU posted much about NOTHING that actually applied to the verse. YOU danced all around the verse with verses that had NOTHING to do with the verse.

You talk about meat and milk , and yet you really have nothing to contribute.

Either you believe God's word or you do not. I do NOT need your approval to trust and believe the scriptures.

You could have easily said I do not believe the verse applies and let it go, but no you try to take the position of a teacher. Any teacher I trust has to believe the Word of God in context, and you show no context in MOST of what you promote.

Danoh

I quoted a verse which YOU posted much about NOTHING that actually applied to the verse. YOU danced all around the verse with verses that had NOTHING to do with the verse.

Either you believe God's word or you do not. I do NOT need your approval to trust and believe the scriptures.

You could have easily said I do not believe the verse applies and let it go, but no you try to take the position of a teacher. Any teacher I trust has to believe the Word of God in context, and you show no context in MOST of what you promote.

Talk about...obtuse - you really take the cake.

dodge

YOU have nothing ! You have to believe what you are trying to teach NOT talk it away with unrelated scripture.

YOU cannot teach anyone anything if your tank is empty. Do you even have a clue what faith is ? Hint it is NOT facts.

Prove to anyone that Jesus arose from the dead with facts...Hint it is faith.

Prove to anyone with facts that God parted the Red Sea...Hint it is faith.

prove to anyone with facts that the Holy Spirit works in folks heart...Hint it is faith.

You have NOTHING ! YOU are the poster child for OBTUSE. In one sentence you talk about Jesus BUT never about faith or actually trusting in Jesus : after all , it is all about you in your theology, and nothing about CONTEXT.

Danoh

YOU have nothing ! You have to believe what you are trying to teach NOT talk it away with unrelated scripture.

YOU cannot teach anyone anything if your tank is empty. Do you even have a clue what faith is ? Hint it is NOT facts.

Prove to anyone that Jesus arose from the dead with facts...Hint it is faith.

Prove to anyone with facts that God parted the Red Sea...Hint it is faith.

prove to anyone with facts that the Holy Spirit works in folks heart...Hint it is faith.

You have NOTHING ! YOU are the poster child for OBTUSE. In one sentence you talk about Jesus BUT never about faith or actually trusting in Jesus : after all , it is all about you in your theology, and nothing about CONTEXT.

dodge

lol, I did not guess I quoted a verse that you obviously do NOT understand ( or need to marginalize to stay in your error ) so you go into your everyone is wrong but me mode. You are a non factor !

If you don't have an obtuse tattoo you should get one it is all you have.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

:chuckle: Many of us have gotten frustrated and angry at Danoh, but he grows on you !! He really is very knowledgeable regarding scripture.

Danoh

lol, I did not guess I quoted a verse that you obviously do NOT understand ( or need to marginalize to stay in your error ) so you go into your everyone is wrong but me mode. You are a non factor !

If you don't have an obtuse tattoo you should get one it is all you have.

I meant what I posted - you obviously have no contribution as to the principles behind how to study a thing out to a sound conclusion; thus your equally erroneous cry of foul as to my post on the very subject.

dodge

:chuckle: Many of us have gotten frustrated and angry at Danoh, but he grows on you !! He really is very knowledgeable regarding scripture.

I would believe he should believe scripture before he tries to destroy the context.

I am not angry at Danoh. Actually I feel sorry for him that he does not trust God more than he does.

dodge

I meant what I posted - you obviously have no contribution as to the principles behind how to study a thing out to a sound conclusion; thus your equally erroneous cry of foul as to my post on the very subject.

We agree that we disagree. I would suggest before you try to destroy the context that you actually study and ask God. You are wrong way more than you are right. Like I said you are a legend in your own mind.

Danoh

We agree that we disagree. I would suggest before you try to destroy the context that you actually study and ask God. You are wrong way more than you are right. Like I said you are a legend in your own mind.

You're right about one thing - I AM a legend in my own mind :rotfl:

Seriously, though; try those principles out...or not.

andyc

I know at least one MAD pastor who is convinced demonic possession still happens and claims to have seen it first hand (before he was MAD, but he still believes it).

Well if demons are still around, mads wouldn't know about it or care.
Removing demons requires faith, and mads hate faith.

dodge

You're right about one thing - I AM a legend in my own mind :rotfl:

Seriously, though; try those principles out...or not.

LOL, Danoh the scripture says:

Think I will stay with what scripture teaches !

Have a blessed evening.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I would believe he should believe scripture before he tries to destroy the context.

I am not angry at Danoh. Actually I feel sorry for him that he does not trust God more than he does.
I told him off 8 months ago the same as you did, I almost used your exact words !! :chuckle: