ECT Differentiating being born-again from the Holy Spirit baptism

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus explained what he meant by being born again.

The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 NKJV)​

We are begotten of the Spirit but not yet born of the Spirit. When we are born of the Spirit we will be just like Jesus is now.

Jesus is invisible, are you?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 NKJV)​

We are begotten of the Spirit but not yet born of the Spirit. When we are born of the Spirit we will be just like Jesus is now.

So you are saying none can see or enter the Kingdom of God until the resurrection to become invisible?

LA

Cross Reference

Where did you get that perspective? What writers/author/pastor/teacher?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

In the 7 passages where it is specifically mentioned that the Holy Spirit
came UPON believers, these other items are also mentioned:
the promise, the gift, the baptism with the Holy Spirit, power, filled with
the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, laying on of hands, prophecy.
Such things are not involved when believers receive the Holy Spirit and are born-again.

You like to think you were born from above when you first believed.

Madists think they are baptized into the Body of Christ when they first believed and sealed by the Holy Spirit as well.

What a mess.

LA

andyc

If you were really born again, you could see the kingdom of God.

John 1:51(KJV)

An example.

They were already seeing the kingdom of God when they saw the works of Jesus and the wisdom of his teaching (Luke 11:20, John 3:31-33, John 7:16). The problem was that they were interpreting it with their natural minds.
This is why Nicodemus was confused. Jesus couldn't do the works of God if he was an impostor, and yet he claimed to be the Son of God, which didn't compute with the natural mind.
The solution was to see spiritually, which meant to be born of the Spirit in order to interpret the spiritual wisdom of the Kingdom of God.

Being born again is not being resurrected. You won't find that anywhere in scripture.

Cross Reference

They were already seeing the kingdom of God when they saw the works of Jesus and the wisdom of his teaching (Luke 11:20, John 3:31-33, John 7:16). The problem was that they were interpreting it with their natural minds.
This is why Nicodemus was confused. Jesus couldn't do the works of God if he was an impostor, and yet he claimed to be the Son of God, which didn't compute with the natural mind.
The solution was to see spiritually, which meant to be born of the Spirit in order to interpret the spiritual wisdom of the Kingdom of God.

Being born again is not being resurrected. You won't find that anywhere in scripture.

Absolutely!! Preach it! Doesn't getting clearer than than that.
The substance of what you wrote is that Jesus was the sent One of the kingdom of God! Now when we read Him saying these words:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you". Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)

He was referring to Himself, His own indwelling Life of the Government of God that by His resurrection would soon be placed into His Disciples. This government could only be recognized by those born again from above. Consider His words to Phillip when asked to be shown the Father. Phillip wasn't born again when he asked that of Jesus. This is what makes Peter's astounding declaration, that Jesus was the Son of the Living God, so amazing to draw such a reply from Jesus as was given: "Flesh and blood has not revealed it to you but My Father Who is in Heaven"!! Peter wasn't born again . . but his heart was ready. His later denials of Jesus revealed that! All would be born again in John 20:22 to be made ready for the day of Pentecost.

Good word, Andy. If embraced, I think a good re-read of the gospels might be in order for many on this forum.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where did you get that perspective? What writers/author/pastor/teacher?

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world My servants would fight so that I should not be delivered to the Jews, but now My kingdom is not from here.” (John 18:36 NKJV)

The kingdom is within a person begotten by the Spirit.

The kingdom is near to a person because when a person dies the next instant for them will be the resurrection.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus defined what he meant by the term "born again."

Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Jesus was born again as pneuma by being resurrected.

Cross Reference

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world My servants would fight so that I should not be delivered to the Jews, but now My kingdom is not from here.” (John 18:36 NKJV)

While believe that I can't believe the below except in God's economy because in Him there are no time considerations. In that regard, I can agree:

The kingdom is near to a person because when a person dies the next instant for them will be the resurrection.

Irrespective of my above comment, the body remains in the grave until the day of Christ' return. The soul upon death will be allowed into the presence God if found to be of Christ Jesus.

ZacharyB

Can/will you highlight your corrections?
Please, updates & improvements are not corrections.
They are helter-skelter, so just try to absorb everything as a whole.
I'm actually not sure if this info can be accepted without spiritual revelation.
Like some other spiritual Truths, it is somewhat hidden ...
God had His reasons, which I've shared already.
Boy, people get upset when I say this, but it is so bloody obvious (to me anyway).
Time to retire yet?

ZacharyB

The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 NKJV)
We are begotten of the Spirit but not yet born of the Spirit.
When we are born of the Spirit we will be just like Jesus is now.
Yes, it is becoming apparent to me (finally) ...
receiving the Holy Spirit INSIDE may not be born-again!

The problem for me is the 2 births:
first physical ... born of water
second spiritual ... born of the Spirit INSIDE)

As to the second, it never happened in the old covenant.
The Spirit came UPON the prophets as a form of ANOINTING!
I think twice a prophet said the Spirit came inside, but he couldn't be sure,
just like Nic had no idea what Jesus was talking about in John 3.

Last edited:

ZacharyB

“My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world My servants would fight so that I should not be delivered to the Jews, but now My kingdom is not from here.” (John 18:36 NKJV)
The kingdom is near to a person because when a person dies
the next instant for them will be the resurrection.
Yes, speaking of believers who have received the Spirit INSIDE,
Jesus said the kingdom of God/heaven is within them ... and near to them!

It is only NEAR because they do NOT eventually enter ...
IF they are habitual sinners (several refs, such as 1 Cor 6:9, Gal 5, Eph 5).

Again, everything is CONDITIONAL.
To say it is not, is from the very pits of hell.

The proof of CONDITIONALITY is in the 100 NT dire warnings!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JOHN 20:22. The first ones to ever be "Born Again". If not, what was that which they received into themselves, hmmmm?

Asked by one who is retired unto the Lord.

They could not be born again at that time because Jesus was still with them--

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

LA