ECT Differentiating being born-again from the Holy Spirit baptism

DAN P

Hi and in John 3:3 BORN / GENNAO means born !!

In Jesus earthly ministry it is in the AORIST TENSE and Passive Voice and in the Subjective Mood of Possiibility ,

This means to be born of water and the spirit you would have to be there at that time and it is the Spirit that did the ACTION and is controlled by the Subjective Mood of it ever happening !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul never uses the term "born again" to describe members of the body of Christ, but a new creature 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV.

If you are not in the Bride of Christ then you are not in the body of Christ.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

One day you may see it.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you are not in the Bride of Christ then you are not in the body of Christ.

One day you may see it.
I am identified by one Spirit into the one body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Christ's body is not feminine! Stop trying to make it so by taking some verses out of context.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am identified by one Spirit into the one body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Christ's body is not feminine! Stop trying to make it so by taking some verses out of context.

Jesus was the last Adam. That means there won't be another spiritual father after Jesus.

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” (Revelation 22:17 NKJV)

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” (Revelation 21:9 NKJV)

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. (Romans 7:4 NKJV)

For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Ephesians 5:31-32 NKJV)​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? Is that what happened to the Disciples in John 20:22?? They were resurrected??

And this is why I pass out neg-rep like candy on Halloween. How long with this heathen pervert the straight ways of the Lord? How many times does he have to be instructed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus was the last Adam. That means there won't be another spiritual father after Jesus.
Christ is the Head of the Body.

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And this is why I pass out neg-rep like candy on Halloween. How long with this heathen pervert the straight ways of the Lord? How many times does he have to be instructed.

These people are ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth! 2 Timothy 3:7-9 KJV

Cross Reference

Nope! Something that is "again" is not "new" and Peter is an apostle of the circumcision (Galatians 2:8 KJV) not Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV)! Get with the program in Romans through Philemon!

Phoowee. Get understanding from what you read before you falsely conclude your 'reasoning'.
You don't even know what redemption is all about.

SaulToPaul 2

Not necessarily with the natural eye.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Look up into heaven and tell me what you "see" right now.
Clouds? Birds?

You cannot see the Kingdom of God.

Cross Reference

I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding. 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV
Then we should be in agreement. We aren't and for reasons you need to come to understand as being unnecessarily divisive. . . if you deem yourself a born again Christian.