Did you or your family vote for Obama?

Morpheus

Let's just tax the middle class less!

Actually I would be satisfied if we simply combined capital gains with wages and taxed the sum at the present income tax wage rates for whatever bracket the total falls into. I have never heard a good argument for why someone should pay a lower rate for collecting profits from your wealth than for earning wages from working. Yet I think I can still find excellent arguments from an economist who can show historically how higher capital gains rates, and even higher upper income bracket rates, create a healthier, more stable, growth economy because the higher upper rates inspire reinvesting in business infrastructure and wages while lower rates inspire saving and hoarding. When there is an exorbitant rate for any income over a specific level then reinvesting income that exceeds that level makes sense. If you get to keep most of it then why reinvest? Just drain all you can out of the business before you sell it off.

Christian Liberty

My point was that it's easy to attack another Christian for their vote as long as you refuse to acknowledge just how awful your choice was. As it is we haven't had anyone to vote for for president with actual moral credentials in my lifetime except maybe Carter. The implication implied in the OP was that Obama is so evil that no Christian should vote for him in good conscience. I was just pointing out the obvious evil of the alternative who believes that he will some day be equal with God. Pot/kettle by that measure. Then you come back to who will cause less damage considering all measures.

Considering only abortion, which seems to be the practice of some, as much as I've fought for the lives of the unborn in the past 40 years, I realized long ago that when someone believes that abortion can be a choice it doesn't make them evil. Typically most believe it out of compassion for young women, not because they hate children. They may be misguided, in need of revelation of wisdom, but not inherently evil. Attacks and name-calling will never change their minds, only compassionate reason will. Abortion is evil; those who wrongly believe in abortion are not necessarily. As I've said elsewhere, abortion won't get you to hell one second faster than slander. Thank God we can repent from both.

I agree with most of this, but I would say that those who voted for NEITHER Romney nor Obama are in good position to judge a vote for either.

bigbang123

I voted for Obama twice. And the rich 1 percent should be taxed at the same rate that they were under republicans Ike and Reagan.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If Barack Hussein Obama continues to fulfill the duties of President of the United States that are expressly permitted in the Constitution, he is playing with fire."

resodko

BANNED
Banned
And the rich 1 percent should be taxed at the same rate that they were under republicans Ike and Reagan.

eisenhower wus prez from 52-60

reagan wuz prez from 80-88

the top rates were a lot lower under reagan :idunno:

TopMarginalTaxRate.jpg

TracerBullet

Should they also be represented more and receive more government assistance?

Do you know any of the reasons this country was founded?

the rich should pay their fair share.

at the federal level he average multimillionaire pays a tax rate of about 12% the average working class individuals pays a tax rate of about 18%.
at the state and local level middle and working class individuals - and low-income Americans are taxed at twice the rate as the wealthy.
Ref: Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy