Did you or your family vote for Obama?

Doom

A vote for Obama is a vote against America and the Constitution, so hell no.

In fact, I will go to jail or die before I would apply for Obamacare. Doing so would equate to being a traitor.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am too old to have Obama anything.

I do have Medicare and Blue Cross, which cost me lots of money. If I had the Medicare Advantage, I would save; however, the quality of care would be lacking.

Morpheus

So apparently most of you determined it was preferable to vote for an idoloter who believes that God is only one of many gods, that Jesus and Satan are brothers, that he, like all other good Mormon men will get his own individual world some day to also be a god over. Then each of them can populate his own world by breeding with whatever (multiple) women he decides to call up from the grave. Mitt Romney, the man that many Mormons believe will be the fulfillment ofJoseph Smith's White Horse prophecy, where a Mormon, not Jesus, rides in on a white horse to save the Constitution?

Great choice!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Mitt Romney. I doubt really believe in anything, other than life in this world. He placates to whoever might vote for him.

Morpheus

Mitt Romney. I doubt really believe in anything, other than life in this world. He placates to whoever might vote for him.

According to those who have known him longest (mostly other Mormons) he is a devout Mormon who was always considered by his college classmates as most likely to be the fulfillment of the White Horse prophecy. If nothing else he is serious about Mormonism, having been made bishop of his ward (head of his local congregation) and then stake president in his home area near Boston. He is deep enough into the Mormon leadership to have learned all the little secrets intended only for the deepest indoctrinates.

Christian Liberty

So apparently most of you determined it was preferable to vote for an idoloter who believes that God is only one of many gods, that Jesus and Satan are brothers, that he, like all other good Mormon men will get his own individual world some day to also be a god over. Then each of them can populate his own world by breeding with whatever (multiple) women he decides to call up from the grave. Mitt Romney, the man that many Mormons believe will be the fulfillment ofJoseph Smith's White Horse prophecy, where a Mormon, not Jesus, rides in on a white horse to save the Constitution?

Great choice!
Romney believes in the above. Obama believes in universalism. Both are anti-Christian idolaters. Is that really the point though?

In my opinion its not. Ron Paul committed heresy when he said he thinks Rothbard is in heaven (unless it was tongue in cheek) but his policies remain rock solid. The problem with Romney is that his policies are evil. So are Obama's.

Christian Liberty

All Mormons are anti-christ . . .

I don't care how smart or rich or handsome they are.

While I agree with this, I don't necessarily see being Christian as an explicit requirement to be POTUS, especially considering how blatantly ungodly our country is (it is clearly not "Christian.") If a non-Christian happened to take mostly correct political positions I would vote for them even though I would think them lost.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
While I agree with this, I don't necessarily see being Christian as an explicit requirement to be POTUS, especially considering how blatantly ungodly our country is (it is clearly not "Christian.") If a non-Christian happened to take mostly correct political positions I would vote for them even though I would think them lost.

There is a difference between being non-Christian and being anti-Christian, IMO.

Mormons are anti-christian.

Christian Liberty

There is a difference between being non-Christian and being anti-Christian, IMO.

Mormons are anti-christian.

I'm not sure i see a meaningful difference between a Mormon and an agnostic. How is one better than the other?

The only Mormon libertarian I'm familiar with is Will Grigg. He's not likely to ever run for office, he's an LRC blogger who focuses on police abuses who happens to be Mormon. If he were to run for an office, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him because he's Mormon. Nor would I hesitate to vote for a Catholic libertarian like Tom Woods or Judge Napolitano.

Now, the lesser of two evils is always evil and should be rejected. But, in a political role, I don't see someone who is non-Christian yet has the right policy positions as evil. Note: I understand that they are themselves morally evil. But putting them in a position of power isn't evil because by doing so, you are really voting for good policy. (This is doubly true in the United States, perhaps less true were we voting for an absolute monarch: since at least in theory the American system is of law rather than men, and the kind of candidate that does not realize this isn't even qualified at the most basic level anyway.)

Now, given a choice between a Reformed libertarian and a Mormon libertarian, I would choose the former, barring any other extraordinary factors. But, I rarely get to be that picky. As it is, if I have the option to vote for Rand Paul (who is Presbyterian BTW: though not exactly sure what kind) rather than being left with no real options, I'll be happy. The idea of even getting one libertarian purist to choose from seems far fetched, let alone more than one.

I can't stand Romney though. He hates freedom.

Morpheus

Romney believes in the above. Obama believes in universalism. Both are anti-Christian idolaters. Is that really the point though?

In my opinion its not. Ron Paul committed heresy when he said he thinks Rothbard is in heaven (unless it was tongue in cheek) but his policies remain rock solid. The problem with Romney is that his policies are evil. So are Obama's.

My point was that it's easy to attack another Christian for their vote as long as you refuse to acknowledge just how awful your choice was. As it is we haven't had anyone to vote for for president with actual moral credentials in my lifetime except maybe Carter. The implication implied in the OP was that Obama is so evil that no Christian should vote for him in good conscience. I was just pointing out the obvious evil of the alternative who believes that he will some day be equal with God. Pot/kettle by that measure. Then you come back to who will cause less damage considering all measures.

Considering only abortion, which seems to be the practice of some, as much as I've fought for the lives of the unborn in the past 40 years, I realized long ago that when someone believes that abortion can be a choice it doesn't make them evil. Typically most believe it out of compassion for young women, not because they hate children. They may be misguided, in need of revelation of wisdom, but not inherently evil. Attacks and name-calling will never change their minds, only compassionate reason will. Abortion is evil; those who wrongly believe in abortion are not necessarily. As I've said elsewhere, abortion won't get you to hell one second faster than slander. Thank God we can repent from both.