ECT DID PAUL BAPTIZE , ARE YOU SURE ??

JonahofAkron

No, but baptism "with" the Holy Spirit was evident by speaking in tongues. The bible tells us that only happened twice, and each was a special situation.

Yes, Acts 2 was the initial spread or outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Other than baptism "with" the Holy Spirit. What does the bible say about how people received "spiritual gifts" (such as tongues, healing, ect.)of the Holy Spirit?

What is with the "with"?

Receiving the Spirit happens with belief and then immersion as stated in Acts 2:38. In Acts 8:17,it also apparently needed John and Peter to lay hands in order for them to receive.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

turbosixx

Hi and if it that simple , then what it the difference between the 2 Greek words BAPTIZED and BAPTISM in Acts 19:4 !!

dan p

Not sure of your point. One is a verb because John baptized(action) the noun, baptism, on those who repented.
Mark 4:1 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

turbosixx

What is with the "with"?
I didn't add or make this up. There are two situations where people were baptized "with" the Holy Spirit and it was evident by speaking in tongues. That's what the bible says, baptized "with".
First account, Apostles:
Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
And we know they were baptize "with" the Holy Spirit directly from God and evident by speaking in tongues.

Second account, Cornelius:
Acts 10:45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God.
No we see when Peter is explaining what happened notice what he says.
Acts 11:15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
These are the only two times we see people baptized "with" the Holy Spirit in scripture. If I've missed one, I would appreciate you pointing it out to me.

Receiving the Spirit happens with belief and then immersion as stated in Acts 2:38.
That is what that passage says and that is exactly what I believe. I only believe what I read.

In Acts 8:17,it also apparently needed John and Peter to lay hands in order for them to receive.
I would suggest to you the Holy Spirit here is speaking of the Spiritual gifts. It is my understanding that that through the laying of the apostles hands is the only way to get them as we see in that passage, other than the two special situations I mentioned above.

Paul wanted to give gifts to the Romans so they may be established, but he has to come to them.
Rom. 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—

Paul gave Timothy gifts by laying of hands.
2 Tim. 1:6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands,

Anyway, that is my understanding from what I read.

JonahofAkron

I didn't add or make this up. There are two situations where people were baptized "with" the Holy Spirit and it was evident by speaking in tongues. That's what the bible says, baptized "with".
First account, Apostles:
Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
And we know they were baptize "with" the Holy Spirit directly from God and evident by speaking in tongues.

Second account, Cornelius:
Acts 10:45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God.
No we see when Peter is explaining what happened notice what he says.
Acts 11:15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
These are the only two times we see people baptized "with" the Holy Spirit in scripture. If I've missed one, I would appreciate you pointing it out to me.

That is what that passage says and that is exactly what I believe. I only believe what I read.

I would suggest to you the Holy Spirit here is speaking of the Spiritual gifts. It is my understanding that that through the laying of the apostles hands is the only way to get them as we see in that passage, other than the two special situations I mentioned above.

Paul wanted to give gifts to the Romans so they may be established, but he has to come to them.
Rom. 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—

Paul gave Timothy gifts by laying of hands.
2 Tim. 1:6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands,

Anyway, that is my understanding from what I read.
I can see that. Thanks for sharing. I want sure what you were meaning from some of the earlier posts.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

DAN P

Not sure of your point. One is a verb because John baptized(action) the noun, baptism, on those who repented.
Mark 4:1 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Hi and first verb BAPTIZO /BAPTIZED is that what Acts 19:4 ia written !!

But the second verb , a BAPTISM is not not BAPTISM and checking the Greek text it is the Greek word BAPTISIM / BAPTIMA of Repentance !!

The Greek word BAPTIMA means that John the Baptist was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF rEPENTANCE !!

In Eph 4:5 it says there is ONE BAPTISM BUT the Greek word used in that verse is the Greek word BAPTISMA , which means the Holy Spirit is the ONLY Baptized in the AGE OF GRACE !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi and IF Paul was sent to BAPTIZED , was Paul commanded to stop BAPTIZING and when did Paul stop baptizing , with a verse ??

If Paul was sent to baptize , you are saying that Paul preached the Kingdom Gospel ??

Also when was Paul saved under that Kingdom Gospel , with a verse ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi to all amd even DISPENSATIONALIST say that Paul water BAPTIZED and he turn to face me and said , where does it say that Paul never BAPTIZED ??

I said read 1 Cor 1:17 , and it reads !!

For Christ did not SEND me to Baptize but to Preach the Gospel , not with wisdom of Word in Order that the Cross of Christ should not be made EMPTY !!

The first verb is SEND / APOSTELLO ,is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD OF FACT !!

What was Paul sent to preach , the Gospel of God , Rom 1:1 !!

The ACTIVE VOICE means that Paul was the subject that was sent !!

#2 The second verb is TO BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO , is in the Present tense , which speaks the Paul present time period and that points back to be sent not to BAPTIZE !!

#3 , The fourth verb is SHOULD BE MADE OF NONE EFFECT / KENOO is in the Greek AORIST TENSE that looks back to SEND and to Preach what God had sent Paul to do !!

The Greek word KENOO , means , to make Paul's preaching USELESS and DEPRIVE of FORCE of the Gospel of Grace !!

In other words WATER DOWN what Grace means and that causes CONFUSION as to what WATER BAPTISM and what GRACE means !!

Many see the Greek word BAPTIZE and to them it means WATER / HUDOR !!

Rom 1:1 says that Paul was APHORIZO / LIMITED to only PREACH the Gospel of God and that is what the APHORIZO also means that Paul HAD BOUNDARIES and that boundary is the MYSTERY !!

dan p

Jesus was baptized and didn't baptize anyone. He was still baptized though and still told people to do it.

Paul was baptized and didn't baptize many.

Paul preached and Apollos did the baptizing.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow

Just because Paul did not do a lot of water baptisms does not mean he did not teach water baptism.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Did you read that? Paul was speaking about water baptism.

Read what Paul says in the next two scriptures about water baptism:

Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Paul is describing water baptism. The believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

We were "buried" with him through BAPTISM into death and RAISED from the dead...raised to live through Christ.

turbosixx

But the second verb , a BAPTISM is not not BAPTISM and checking the Greek text it is the Greek word BAPTISIM / BAPTIMA of Repentance !!

The Greek word BAPTIMA means that John the Baptist was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF rEPENTANCE !!

Yes, the word is "baptisma". You're twisting this to make it say what you believe. Baptisma is not a verb but a noun. Noun being the name of what the rite/ceremony of being baptized is called. YOU are adding "baptizer". I'm not aware of a source other than you that ADDS "baptizer" to the definition. Do you have a source?

baptisma: (the result of) a dipping or sinking
Original Word: βάπτισμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: baptisma
Phonetic Spelling: (bap'-tis-mah)
Short Definition: the rite or ceremony of baptism
Definition: the rite or ceremony of baptism.

turbosixx

Hi and IF Paul was sent to BAPTIZED , was Paul commanded to stop BAPTIZING and when did Paul stop baptizing , with a verse ??

If Paul was sent to baptize , you are saying that Paul preached the Kingdom Gospel ??

Also when was Paul saved under that Kingdom Gospel , with a verse ??

dan p

If Paul was not sent to baptize, then why did he??

Yes, Paul preached the kingdom just like those before him.
Philip:
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Paul:
Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.

DAN P

If Paul was not sent to baptize, then why did he??

Yes, Paul preached the kingdom just like those before him.
Philip:
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Paul:
Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.

Hi troubosixx , Acts 8:5 , Philip , was preaching to them the Christ , and Christ means , preaching to them the MESSIAH !!

I do not see Paul UNTIL Acts 9:6 !!

So verse 12 does not apply to Paul whatsoever !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi troubosixx , Acts 8:5 , Philip , was preaching to them the Christ , and Christ means , preaching to them the MESSIAH !!

That is the very FIRST thing Paul proclaimed, that Jesus was the Christ. Same thing as those before him.
Acts 9:22 But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that Jesus was the Christ.
So your point makes ZERO sense.

So verse 12 does not apply to Paul whatsoever !!

dan p
This one also makes ZERO sense. Explain WHY it doesn't apply since we see Paul proclaiming the kingdom just as those before him did.
Acts 19:8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

Just like Philip

If it's the same, HOW can it be different?

Last edited:

DAN P

That is the very FIRST thing Paul proclaimed, that Jesus was the Christ. Same thing as those before him.
Acts 9:22 But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that Jesus was the Christ.
So your point makes ZERO sense.

This one also makes ZERO sense. Explain WHY it doesn't apply since we see Paul proclaiming the kingdom just as those before him did.
Acts 19:8 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

Just like Philip

If it's the same, HOW can it be different?

Hi , truobsixx , Acts 8:12 has nothing to do with Paul as Paul was not yet on the scene !!

I already have a OP on Acts 19:2-8 and see no reason for a repeat !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi , truobsixx , Acts 8:12 has nothing to do with Paul as Paul was not yet on the scene !!

That's my point, Paul coming on the scene didn't change the message!! He preached that Jesus was the Christ and the kingdom of God just as those before him?

Please show me where he preached something different or converted people differently than those before him.

DAN P

That's my point, Paul coming on the scene didn't change the message!! He preached that Jesus was the Christ and the kingdom of God just as those before him?

Please show me where he preached something different or converted people differently than those before him.

Hi troubsixx , and Paul preached the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and also in Col 1:25 and 26 !!

This MYSTERY was NEVER preached by the 12 apostles , so lets see a verse , where they did ??

The B O C was chosen BEFORE / PRO the earth was CREATED in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi troubsixx , and Paul preached the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and also in Col 1:25 and 26 !!

This MYSTERY was NEVER preached by the 12 apostles , so lets see a verse , where they did ??

The B O C was chosen BEFORE / PRO the earth was CREATED in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

dan p

The verses you are quoting are written to CHRISTIANS, both Jew and Gentile.

How can he write to converted CHRISTIANS and say he did/preached something different when he preached and converted people the exact same way as those before him?

DAN P

The verses you are quoting are written to CHRISTIANS, both Jew and Gentile.

How can he write to converted CHRISTIANS and say he did/preached something different when he preached and converted people the exact same way as those before him?

Hi troubsixx, where is a verse that the 12 apostles preached the MYSTERY as in Col 1:25 and 26 ??

Just write a verse where they preached it ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi troubsixx, where is a verse that the 12 apostles preached the MYSTERY as in Col 1:25 and 26 ??

Just write a verse where they preached it ??

dan p

Hi and since you can NOT find where the 12 apostles preached the MYSTERY , you are trying to see where Paul preached the MYSTERY , you just prove how CRETIN you really are !!

Read Gal 2:7 and it says that Paul was to preach THE GOSPEL OF THE UN-CIRCUMCISION !!

In Gal 2:9 , Peter is to preach THE CIRCUMCISION !!

Do you see that ?? I doubt it !!

Notice the text does not use the word GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION , care to tell me WHY ??

yOU DO NOT NOT !!

Here is and easy one for you , explain 2 Cor 3:13-16 if you can !!

can p