Did Christ die for all men?

Samie

Sadly, if at the end of one's journey in life, one is found to be overcome of evil, instead of him overcoming evil with good, he has no one else to blame but himself, for having been empowered - being part of the Body of Christ, it is NOT a question of INABILITY, but one of REFUSAL to overcome evil with good. His name will be blotted out from the book of life, expelled from membership in the family of God, detached from being part of the Body of Christ.

Revelation assures us that all whose names are found written in the Book of Life will be allowed entry into the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27), but those whose names are not found there, will be cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).
So who finally decides whether one is an overcomer or not? It's no other than the Father Himself through the Son. And that means we're in good hands.

NKJ John 5:22 "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,

NKJ Acts 17:30-31 30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 "because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead."

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How curious that Christianity does not even agree on the very essence of the message of the 'good news'.
There is more than one piece of "good news" in the Bible. The gospel of YOUR salvation (ours) is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Regeneration" is the miracle of new life brought upon those sinners, for whom Jesus Christ died, when they are spiritually born again by the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit of Christ . . As described by John in John 3:6-8 and Paul in Acts 26:18.
Don't be spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV). Those who trust the Lord today after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation are not "born again", but a new creature 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV. The washing of regeneration is the Lord's shed on us (Titus 3:5 KJV).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is 1 Corinthians 15:3b-5 the Gospel?

Better to quote 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Yes it is the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Sonnet

Better to quote 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Yes it is the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Thanks.
So, there is one Gospel and Paul defines it in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
Did Paul preach the Gospel to the unsaved?

Sonnet

To whoever would listen.

Indeed - Romans 15:20.

1. There is one Gospel
2. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 is the Gospel
3. Paul preached the Gospel to unbelievers
4. Therefore Paul told unbelievers 'Christ died for our sins'.

And we conclude that Christ died for all men without exception.

Sonnet

There is one Gospel.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 is the Gospel.
Paul preached the Gospel to unbelievers (Romans 15:20).
Therefore Paul told unbelievers, 'Christ died for our sins'.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
To whoever would listen.

The problem is, sinners can listen to the gospel, but unless and until God grants them new spiritual "ears to hear" (through the miracle of regeneration) they will not respond to the message.

Faith comes by new ability to hear the gospel message, and being given a "new heart" with which to believe the good news.

Sinners cannot change their hearts or grow spiritual ears . . Only the power of God can raise a sinner to new life and give them these abilities. Faith only comes from God. Faith is not inherent nor natural to the being of any sinner.

One must be inwardly changed, and that occurs only when the Holy Spirit moves to regenerate & resurrect a soul from darkness to light; from death to life.

John 3:6-8

Samie

The problem is, sinners can listen to the gospel, but unless and until God grants them new spiritual "ears to hear" (through the miracle of regeneration) they will not respond to the message.

Faith comes by new ability to hear the gospel message, and being given a "new heart" with which to believe the good news.

Sinners cannot change their hearts or grow spiritual ears . . Only the power of God can raise a sinner to new life and give them these abilities. Faith only comes from God. Faith is not inherent nor natural to the being of any sinner.

One must be inwardly changed, and that occurs only when the Holy Spirit moves to regenerate & resurrect a soul from darkness to light; from death to life.

John 3:6-8
Christ's life, death and resurrection is the one miracle that caused all people to be born spiritually alive. But only overcomers will finally make it to life eternal.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Honesty demands that you tell unbelievers that (you think) the good news is that Christ only came to save those chosen - and not the rest. Do you?
Honesty demands we obey the command to preach the good news promiscuously. Importing the secret will of God into the command to preach to all persons is not commanded, and actually is forbidden (Deut. 29:29). I have described the four key aspects of the good news. Your desire to go beyond that is noted. If someone asks me pointedly, "Did Jesus Christ die for me specifically?" my answer is simple, "I do not know the secret will of God, but I do know His revealed will, that if you call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved...and have your answer."

AMR

Reactions: Lon

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is one Gospel.

You move the goal posts and try another verse. Yet nothing therein supports your "therefore" conclusion that Paul told unbelievers "Christ died for our sins." You import what Paul was saying to the saints at Corinth into some generalization without warrant.

AMR

csuguy

There is one Gospel.

Yep - one Gospel. The Dispys want to insist on two+ gospels, but they are clearly in error and in contradiction with the scriptures.

Sonnet

You move the goal posts and try another verse.

I don't see how citing Romans 15:20 damages my argument. Please explain why?

Yet nothing therein supports your "therefore" conclusion that Paul told unbelievers "Christ died for our sins." You import what Paul was saying to the saints at Corinth into some generalization without warrant.

AMR

That is an assertion without proof. Which of the following statements do you disagree with?

There is one Gospel.

I note that you have also not responded to:
#126, #128 and #130

Also:
Luke 22:20-22
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!”

Jesus' blood would be poured out for Judas. That is what Jesus says. No attempt is made to exclude Judas from that which Jesus' shed blood would achieve.

Paul merely follows Jesus' example and told unbelievers what Christ did for them. He preached Christ crucified. 1 Cor 2:1-2.

1 John 2:2.

Last edited: