Did Christ die for all men?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
"I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been [entrusted with the gospel] to the circumcised" - the rendering correctly communicates that there is a single Gospel. If you doubt this better, modern translation - then go look at the Greek.

common sense should lead you to the same conclusion

csuguy

Why would I want to read someone else's mail and apply it TO myself? That's bad theology at the least.

Because Paul wrote to YOU a personal set of letters?

It is fundamental to Jewish and Christian theology that we study what was said and written in the past concerning other people that aren't physically around anymore, and studying it to help us today. Some of it is directly applicable, other things are more abstract, and some of it may genuinely not be applicable. But you can't make that call until you sufficiently study it. If you've done this then you should be equipped to explain why something doesn't apply to you.

csuguy

common sense should lead you to the same conclusion

Indeed - for even with the KJV rendering there is never a divide made between the "Gospel of the uncircumcised" versus the "Gospel of the circumcised" as it renders that passage. Especially when you factor in the fact that both Paul and Peter shared the Gospel to both the circumcised and uncircumcised.

1 Cor 1:10-14 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
? Peter is talking to unbelievers.
Acts 3:19-21 KJV does not equal Romans 5:11 KJV. Peter preached water baptism for the remission of sins (just as John the B) looking forward to the blotting out of sins! Paul preached we have NOW received the atonement.

Also, Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

What about it?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 3:27-30
Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.
LOL It doesn't say "same faith". corrupted versions corrupt minds. And what are you trying to show me?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

^^^^^^Those to whom Paul was first sent. They were in the promise. They had a hope.

and

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

^^^^^^^^^^They were aliens and strangers, had no hope in time past

Both are in the one Body of Christ.

The first group gathered OUT of Israel into the Body (remnannt according to the election of grace which God foreknew (Romans 11:1-6 KJV)

The second fellowheirs and of the same Body though never having anything to do with Israel/partakers by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

So what is it that you think you have shown? What are you trying to prove?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I read both of them. They don't have any thing to do with Jesus. Please, don't forget this very important note. You come from outside of the Tanach claiming what you see in the Tanach about Jesus. I am from inside the Tanach saying that I don't find any thing at all about Jesus in the Tanach. For this single reason only, you need to show nominal evidences. You can't. Who is wrong of the two of us? This is no different from the Buddhist who comes in between us and say, "Both are wrong. It is neither Jesus or Israel; it is Buddha. Would you say he was right? No. That's the point I am making here.

The point with Zechariah 12:10 happened when the Jews returned from their 70 years exile in Babylon and stopped by Jerusalem and the Lord let upon them the Spirit of grace and they were reminded of the Ten Tribes that had to be rejected in an endless sacrifice so that those of Judah be the happy Tribe of the 12 now back home while Israel out that forever in Assyria.

Isaiah 53 is about the Suffering Servant Israel aka the Ten Tribes when it was rejected by the Lord according to Psalm 78:67-69 so that Judah remained as the happy ones in the whole Land of Israel. If you read Isaiah 41:8,9 and 44:1,2,21 Israel is identified as the Suffering Servant. Then, if you read Psalm 44:11-24, whatever in Isaiah 53 is in the singular as in "he", it is in the plural in that Psalm to prove that Isaiah is talking about Israel.

Now, if you want to break down the verses in Isaiah 53 and ask me any thing by the verses you choose, I'll tell you what it is talking about.
Is. 53 is about the Lord Jesus Christ, you Christ rejecting blasphemer

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now, if you want to break down the verses in Isaiah 53 and ask me any thing by the verses you choose, I'll tell you what it is talking about.
Why would anyone want to ask you anything when you can't see through your unbelief? 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV

You are blind as a bat.

heir

TOL Subscriber
First off, you should look at how other translations render this verse, as that will help you understand what is being said better.
All modern (per)versions attempt to change the faith OF Jesus Christ to our faith IN Christ. That doesn't help in understanding either. The KJB gets it right. There are two gospels in the one verse.
KJV-onlyists always find themselves in these kinds of errors.
KJ Bible believers can take God's words above mans.
Furthermore, both Peter and Paul shared the gospel to both the circumcised and uncircumcised.
If this is true, you'll have no problem showing us all where Peter EVER preached the gospel of Christ as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and that to Gentiles. Put up or shut up.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree that there is one Gospel, but I don't agree with your view that it cannot be represented in short form since Paul himself says:
The Paul's stay at Corinth must have been very short if you think this is all he had to say about the gospel to the saints there. Like I said, the gospel is more than a few short sentences, for the Gospel is all the truths about God, Our Lord, man, and so on, as I noted previously.

AMR

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Paul's stay at Corinth must have been very short if you think this is all he had to say to the saints there. Like I said, the Gospel is more than a few short sentences, for the Gospel is all the truths about God, man, and so on as I noted previously.

AMR
The gospel is declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. There is more to Paul's writings than the gospel as God will have all men to be saved, AND come unto the knowledge of the truth. The knowledge of the truth is doctrine!

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Is it any wonder Paul used the term 23 times? Timothy was to charge men that they teach no other (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV)! We are under that same charge today!

csuguy

All modern (per)versions attempt to change the faith OF Jesus Christ to our faith IN Christ. That doesn't help in understanding either. The KJB gets it right. There are two gospels in the one verse. KJ Bible believers can take God's words above mans.
If this is true, you'll have no problem showing us all where Peter EVER preached the gospel of Christ as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and that to Gentiles. Put up or shut up.

I've already provided such verses in my last post - go back and read it.

csuguy

I read it. The gospel of Christ is not preached by Peter in Acts 10! Try again!

Yes it was - hence they were baptized by the Holy Spirit and made part of the Body of Christ.

1 Cor 12:12-14 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[c] one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.​

Additionally, see here where Paul laments those who try to make such divisions between him and Peter (Cephas) and the like

1 Cor 1:10-15 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes it was - hence they were baptized by the Holy Spirit and made part of the Body of Christ.
LOL Why are you not showing us all from the scriptures where Peter preached the gospel of Christ in Acts 10? Put up or shut up.

csuguy

LOL Why are you not showing us all from the scriptures where Peter preached the gospel of Christ in Acts 10? Put up or shut up.

I've already provided an excerpt from the passage where he was preaching - or rather the results thereof. But since you don't want to look it up for some reason - I'll post a larger excerpt for you:

Acts 10:34-46 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— 37 that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they[e] killed by hanging on a tree. 40 Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.​