Defunding Planned Parenthood

PureX

what does rape statistics have to do with abortion?
Apparently you really are retarded, in that you couldn't manage to correlate the previous sentence with the following sentence:

That's how little you actually care about the rights or the well being of the women of world, and of the United States in particular.

And we wonder why the instance of rape is so high!

It's all about the general lack of concern for women's rights and well-being leading to the high incidence of female sexual abuse in our society.

Duh!

alwight

what percentage of aborted children are female, do you suppose?
Who cares? Just as long as we pro-choicers get to keep killing babies is all that matters, never mind all the phoney ethical issues offered concerning the human rights of individual women concerning their own bodies and their own specific circumstances, oh no let's just keep killing children. :rolleyes:

Lon

A child would be a person?
I don't think that a zygote at least can be reasonably be called a child, and thus physically, promptly and blindly making sure a rape victim has not been made pregnant by a rapist, whether it is even known if she has actually conceived or not, might result in an abortion you could accept? :think:
(yes, thin end of the wedge warning here.)
Er, it's not a duck :dizzy:

I'm not a woman but the thought of having to gestate a rapist's seed into a person/child seems too horrible to contemplate imo even if I had your ethical stance. I think of the child that that woman may have produced instead perhaps with her husband that would have been loved and wanted, not a reminder of rape.
I don't ask you to agree with me but whatever the case the end result should be the woman's own free choice as to what happens primarily to her body, not someone else's.

:doh: What is worse? Murder or rape? I'd rather be raped than murder another living being. Both? Unconscionable.

Forgive my interjection. It is a complete waste of time trying to get someone without a conscience to grow one or one without reasoning skills to suddenly grow a brain. Nothing to see here. Back to your regularly scheduled lack of empathy or shred of decency....

I'm out.

alwight

Er, it's not a duck :dizzy:
It's a zygote Lon.:plain:

:doh: What is worse? Murder or rape? I'd rather be raped than murder another living being. Both? Unconscionable.

Forgive my interjection. It is a complete waste of time trying to get someone without a conscience to grow one or one without reasoning skills to suddenly grow a brain. Nothing to see here. Back to your regularly scheduled lack of empathy or shred of decency....

I'm out.
Thanks for your op-ed on my apparent lack of conscience Lon, however some of us actually have enough conscience to concern ourselves with extant real people and their specific circumstances rather than a potential person represented by a small cluster cells and a reliance on a catch-all dogma in place of having a real conscience.:plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The law says otherwise, marinate on that. :plain:

There have been laws for all matter of things that aren't morally right, so your argument is basically null.
That, and all the others which ultimately want to fall back on 'Da Law' when they can't argue anything of value. They do not fall from the heavens, but are relative and change over time.

alwight

There have been laws for all matter of things that aren't morally right, so your argument is basically null.
What you may think of as morally correct and what those who make laws on our behalf do are not always the same thing it seems. Life is so unfair. :plain:

That, and all the others which ultimately want to fall back on 'Da Law' when they can't argue anything of value. They do not fall from the heavens, but are relative and change over time.
Not quite sure what you meant here but presumably, unlike me, your morality actually is something that has fallen from the heavens, not something that you personally have worked out for yourself as an individual capable of free thinking? :think:

Lon

It's a zygote Lon.:plain:
Again "not...a.....duck"

Thanks for your op-ed on my apparent lack of conscience Lon, however some of us actually have enough conscience to concern ourselves with extant real people and their specific circumstances rather than a potential person represented by a small cluster cells and a reliance on a catch-all dogma in place of having a real conscience.:plain:
"I just love killers, could give a care less who they kill. They just weren't ready to have a human being living in their house with them." :plain:

Yeah, that's not a moral or prized human attribute.

Lon

Inventing stuff is hardly a constructive and rational argument Lon.
Supporting one taking the life of another, without life endangerment (99.9%) is not loving either that person or the being killed, no matter how you spin that dime.

alwight

Supporting one taking the life of another, without life endangerment (99.9%) is not loving either that person or the being killed, no matter how you spin that dime.
I don't accept that a zygote at least is "another" Lon, that's your dogma not mine.
I will worry when I think that "another" person has perhaps developed, but not before.

Lon

I don't accept that a zygote at least is "another" Lon, that's your dogma not mine.
I will worry when I think that "another" person has perhaps developed, but not before...
"...because it is convenient and expedient" and nothing more. Don't dress it like it's "love." It ain't, nowhere even in that vicinity.

It looks incredibly less human to me than the 'zygote' you purport, isn't.

alwight

"...because it is convenient and expedient" and nothing more. Don't dress it like it's "love." It ain't, nowhere even in that vicinity.

It looks incredibly less human to me than the 'zygote' you purport, isn't.
I simply look to facts and evidence as to what might comprise another person and allow myself to make my choices based on that. I don't presume that there is something special about the moment of conception and since most zygotes will fail naturally anyway what could be less special than that?

Lon

I simply look to facts and evidence as to what might comprise another person and allow myself to make my choices based on that.
Yeah? Let's see, 12 weeks:
View attachment 24034
I don't presume that there is something special about the moment of conception and since most zygotes will fail naturally anyway what could be less special than that?
Yeah, :sigh: "We are all going to die anyway, Lon. What's the big deal?"

Starting at the top of this obfuscation mess: It isn't love.