Decriminalizing indoor prostitution leads to fewer rapes and STDs

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
............Actions have consequences. If someone is stupid enough to sell there actual body to the kind of slime that would pay for a body, then they can't be surprised at what might happen to them.

Its like this: Nobody deserves to get robbed or have their money stolen. But if you are dumb enough to walk in a really bad neighborhood with wads of cash hanging out of your pocket, then guess what: You're getting robbed man, and you have your own stupidity to blame for it.
........That doesn't mean the robbery shouldn't be prosecuted. Of course, police would look for any excuse not to do something that's actually worthwhile:rolleyes:

1) I never said it shouldn't be prosecuted.

2) Your disdain for law enforcement is just another one of your lame, teenaged outlooks on life.

Truster

Yeah and that's going to work really well /sarcasm.

Trying to criminalize "sin" has never worked, and never will. Criminalizing prostitution has not worked. The war on drugs has been a complete failure that has cost trillions of dollars and sent millions of people to prison who never actually harmed anyone and would have been productive citizens. Prohibition (of alcohol) was such a failure that it was repealed after only 13 years.

In every case, the law trying to prohibit such behavior has caused more harm to society than the behavior in question.

Excellent job on confirming your motto. I would go as far as saying, '' against stupidity even common sense doth contend in vain''.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The reason why modern men are not getting enough lawful sex is because of the rebellious state of the western feminist woman................

LOL! Only sissy boys blame women for why they don't get laid. The reason is that a lot of guys today are lame idiots, and look like sissys. I'll bet if you posted a photo of yourself, it would tell us all we need to know about why you don't get laid.

baa1258e15241464106d8fc4ec061af3.jpg

1290.jpg

Tinark

Thats idiot thinking, a good number of prostitutes ARE rape victims themselves being forced into the job hence being raped because of being forced to say yes.

Meaning your wanting more prostitution means you want more human trafficking and forced silenced rape victims makes you part of a much larger problem and not a solution.

Solution, stop visiting prostitutes and there wont be a market.

Uh, you do realize you can keep the rapes and the human trafficking illegal while legalizing the rest? Did you forget that or something?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The reason why modern men are not getting enough lawful sex is because of the rebellious state of the western feminist woman. Criminalizing prostitution has nothing to do with it. You are trying to deflect to avoid blame.

Why don't you crawl back under your rock?

Tinark

If the principal is sound, why not decriminalize everything?

The principle is decriminalize those activities which are _more harmful_ to keep criminal than not to. For some things, more harm is caused when they are decriminalized, obviously.

Tinark

That's a false statement. You're basically saying if someone doesn't support the legalization of prostitution that they support rapes. That is a load of balogna.

No, I'm not saying they support rapes. They just don't support reducing them because they view the additional prostitution that results from legalizing it as worse I guess.

Tinark

The dummy is the one who bites into stupid reports like the one in the OP. Are you that dummy?

The study in the OP was cleverly designed - it compared the effects of decriminalization of prostitution in one jurisdiction vs others that did not decriminalize. You aren't a data denier, are you?

Tinark

I think you should watch the Purge: Anarchy - it demonstrates the problem with this line of thinking.

Just because something has positive outcomes does not therefore make it OK.

Who says its "OK"? Should everything that's not "OK" be criminal, especially when making it criminal leads to worse outcomes?

Tinark

In cases where no physical harm is caused, they should at the very least receive a substantial fine which would go to the victimized spouse (and any children from their union).

They usually do in the case of a divorce - the adulterer usually is subject to alimony payments, child support, and often a less favorable property settlement, and payment of the other's attorney fees and other costs.

Tinark

Which is why I stated in the case where no physical harm is caused, the adulterous spouse should be penalized by paying a large amount of compensation to the spouse who was cheated on due to the financial hardship of the victimized spouse (not alimony or child support).

And ... it should be enforced.

It's a civil matter - if two spouses whom are getting married want to add an "adultery" clause to their marriage, where the adulterer is to pay a penalty, they are free to do so.

Tinark

fining them wouldn't be necessary if they were executed

Only a sick mind would want to make the children lose a parent, traumatize them, and traumatize the innocent spouse, and also lose out on future support payments in the case of a divorce. Talk about really victimizing others. Please leave your dark age barbaric "morality" locked away in that sadistic part of your mind where it belongs.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a civil matter - if two spouses whom are getting married want to add an "adultery" clause to their marriage, where the adulterer is to pay a penalty, they are free to do so.

IF one knowingly enters into the marriage with a potentially fatal disease (transmitted via sexual contact) OR contracts one due to cheating, it should be treated as attempted murder.

It's not *civil* to withhold such information from one's spouse when it means the difference between life and death.

Tinark

Women don't want to be prostitutes,
Men don't want to be seen with a prostitute,
Yet people want it legalized.
Errr.. ...what's wrong with this picture folks.

Actions have consequences. If someone is stupid enough to sell there actual body to the kind of slime that would pay for a body, then they can't be surprised at what might happen to them.

Its like this: Nobody deserves to get robbed or have their money stolen. But if you are dumb enough to walk in a really bad neighborhood with wads of cash hanging out of your pocket, then guess what: You're getting robbed man, and you have your own stupidity to blame for it.

Many athletes - such as football players and boxers, are basically selling their bodies to entertain others (and they suffer real physical consequences as a result). Should these sports be outlawed, or is this perfectly a ok because you are completely inconsistent?

Tinark

The reason why modern men are not getting enough lawful sex is because of the rebellious state of the western feminist woman.

:rotfl: you sure are a nutter, did you escape from the loony house or something?

Criminalizing prostitution has nothing to do with it. You are trying to deflect to avoid blame.

I'm not sure what exactly you are responding to here, but it definitely isn't anything I wrote.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Where in the Bible does it distinguish sin committed because someone was "weak" vs. "willful"?

since i'm working from this crappy ipad, i'm not going to go through the painful process of cutting and pasting

in the nt, paul recognizes that the flesh is weak

and throughout scripture we are warned of willfully rejecting Godly principles