ECT Dear wolves/wolf-ette's, children of the devil, Cain, Jr.'s,: What sins?

marhig

You shouldn't if there isn't one.
And if there isn't one, then no one has to believe that GOD is GOD to be saved.
I have never ever said what you are asking me to find verses on, you and others have said that we must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. So I'm asking where does it say that in the Bible?

Surely you can answer me, seeing as it's the what you base your faith upon? So where is it in the Bible?

If it's not there Tambora then it's not the truth!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You don't need to believe the Trinity to be saved :chuckle:

You don't need to believe in free will, predestination, 'faith and works', or 'faith alone' either.

Theology can augment or skew one's perception of God, but it does not determine where one ultimately stands with salvation. In fact, most people for most of history didn't even have a 'theology'- everybody and their brother having theological notions is very new age, as it used to be something exclusive to pastors and bishops.

Danoh

Why should I? Where have I said ever that people have to do that? We have freewill, we have a choice believe in God or not! I believe in him, and I believe what it says we have to believe in the Bible, I believe in the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent, and I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God.

I believe what is biblical, your teaching something that isn't!

As I said, I'm being told that I have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved, so where is it in the Bible?

Given how that, often, by the time the question as to whether Jesus is God or not, a person has already believed that Christ died for their sins; I'd say no - believing Jesus is God is not required for salvation.

Interestingly this issue is more an aspect of ISRAEL'S Lordship Salvation issue.

Because God was THEIR God; they indeed WERE required to believe that Jesus was THEIR God in the FLESH.

Danoh

You don't need to believe in free will, predestination, 'faith and works', or 'faith alone' either.

Theology can augment or skew one's perception of God, but it does not determine where one ultimately stands with salvation. In fact, most people for most of history didn't even have a 'theology'- everybody and their brother having theological notions is very new age, as it used to be something exclusive to pastors and bishops.

:thumb:

Good post (for once) :chuckle:

marhig

Theology can augment or skew one's perception of God, but it does not determine where one ultimately stands with salvation. In fact, most people for most of history didn't even have a 'theology'- everybody and their brother having theological qualms and ideas is very new age.
Not one of us will have full enlightenment of the scriptures. But the difference between some of us is that there are those who condemn others for not believing as they do yet it doesn't say that we have believe what they are teaching in the Bible! I could never condemn another human being because I don't know the depths of their hearts, and I'm just a sinner myself being saved through faith by the grace of God!

Those who belong to God are those who do Gods will and they are those who are my brother's and sisters in Christ! God looks at the heart and looks at whether we truly believe in him, and follow Jesus. If we do, then we will have complete faith in him, we will be turning away from the world and the lusts of our flesh and we will be laying down our life for others to bring them the love and life of Christ, by the Spirit who if we are born of God should be within our hearts helping us to overcome.

marhig

In fact, most people for most of history didn't even have a 'theology'- everybody and their brother having theological notions is very new age, as it used to be something exclusive to pastors and bishops.

In our house meeting, we have people that used to be Catholics. They said that they never ever read a Bible when they belonged to the Catholic church, they had a catacism and a mistle (sorry if the spelling is wrong) but they told me that they were told that the Bible was just for the priests to read. They are older and left years ago, so it might have changed now. But I was shocked to hear this.

God's Truth

Dead to sin = growing in Christ; in His Righteousness

Dead to sin does not equal a license to sin freely.

Dead to sin means we no longer live a life sinning, we live a life obeying Jesus.

We are to die to the sins of the world, and raise up to live like Jesus. That is what water baptism symbolizes.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never ever said what you are asking me to find verses on,
Didn't say you did.
I'm asking you if you know of any verse that says one must believe GOD is GOD to be saved.
Do you know of any?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
In traditional churches, there is usually a vote on doctrine just as people are voted in to take on certain responsibilities. That's how a proper church is supposed to run- the people who participate in church duties decide on their church's by-laws and constitution. Of course, the pastor or otherwise church head usually takes precedence in theological interpretation, but there is supposed to nonetheless be a formal agreement.

Ultimately, these are the people who are responsible for doctrine and who God may chastise in teaching falsehoods. John Calvin in the 1500's slammed churches for preaching free will because he believed it condemned the church's purpose in centralizing everyone to Christ.

marhig

Didn't say you did.
I'm asking you if you know of any verse that says one must believe GOD is GOD to be saved.
Do you know of any?
Why are you asking me this when I've never said anything like that?

I'm asking you and those who believe like you do, because you're the one's saying that we have to believe that Jesus is God and that it's essential to do so for salvation. So I'm asking can you please show me where it says this in the Bible?

If you teach it, where is the chapter and verse that you got it from?

God's Truth

There is something for sure that we have to do, and that is obey Jesus' teachings.

It might not go too well though for those who preach against obedience.

They hinder people from being saved.

God's Truth

I have never ever said what you are asking me to find verses on, you and others have said that we must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. So I'm asking where does it say that in the Bible?

Surely you can answer me, seeing as it's the what you base your faith upon? So where is it in the Bible?

You got her there, because the Bible says that we have to believe Jesus is the Son of God, and that is what you say you do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not in there that one has to believe that GOD chose Jacob over Esau in order to be saved, but it is still truth that GOD chose Jacob over Esau.
And if you cannot find a verse that says that one must believe GOD is GOD to be saved, does that mean GOD is not GOD?
Of course not.
The truth is GOD is GOD.
Truth is truth whether one has to believe that particular truth to be saved.
So just because "it's not in there", as a specification to be saved, is no reason to discard the truth.
Right?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
John Calvin was wrong about most things pertaining to doctrine and he was a murderer

Heresy was illegal in the 1500's.

So, not murder :wave2:

And if he was so wrong, than why can't none of you prove one thing wrong with Reformed doctrine :chuckle: