Dear Gun Culture: THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

WizardofOz

(Boy, Aaron is taking the news about San Franswishco rather hard, I wonder if that's where he left his heart?).

I'm just relaying what news periodicals are saying:

Report: Murder Arrests up 55%, Rape Arrests Up 370% in ‘Sanctuary City’ San Francisco
- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/report-murd...ty-san-francisco-118591/#sthash.TxgumR1E.dpuf

I have an idea Aaron: Since you're no longer emailing Pastor Ken Hutcherson asking him if he's against the recriminalization of homosexuality, why don't you email the various periodicals that have falsely accused your beloved city of having a high crime rate?

I'm sure they'll take your anal retentive rant serious, I know that I am.

:dunce: you're not capable of researching the data yourself. You just cited an article that is quoting your original source, Judicial Watch.

You're making erroneous claims left and right in this thread. When your error is shown you pound the table and repeat the claim.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Chalk this thread up to another discussion our closeted fake "cop" has ruined over the years.:yawn:

exminister

here - from the cdc:

m6227a1f3.gif

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6227a1.htm

Like the website and then there is this chart.

m6227a1f1.gif

:think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Like the website and then there is this chart.

m6227a1f1.gif

:think:

so, looking at those two charts, if we want to bring our deaths by firearms down to the levels of other countries that we're constantly compared to (england comes to mind), from whom should we take the guns?

exminister

so, looking at those two charts, if we want to bring our deaths by firearms down to the levels of other countries that we're constantly compared to (england comes to mind), from whom should we take the guns?

It's impossible in the United States. If Bammy can't take our guns no one can. I just think pretending guns are no issue is not good. Guns can be used quickly and fatally. That's their point. So in a moment of passion or insanity (for these school shooting wackos) it can be done so and with deadly force.

I don't see any solution for the US. But we can serve as an example for others.

ok doser

i presented it as a logic exercise

the issue isn't guns

the issue is those who use the guns

now, once again:

looking at those two charts, if we want to bring our deaths by firearms down to the levels of other countries that we're constantly compared to (england comes to mind), from whom should we take the guns?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

This is your error, comparing countries with similar degrees of wealth and technology, rather than culture. It would be better to compare the USA with other 'new world' countries.

The US may have had its start with an English colonial period, yet it was never like England; it was a colonial backwater, a land where its native inhabitants were of Asian decedent, American Indians.

The US had been populated by many European groups, as well, people of African decent who are as much part of the national fabric as anyone else. This was unique, compared to the homogeneous nationality of most of Europe, then.

The US has always been a mixed culture, and being such presents a difference, more similar to other nations in the Americas.

It would make more sense, culturally speaking, to compare the US with Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and other Latin American countries than to compare it to England, France and Germany.

The Muslim occupation in Europe is a new cultural trend for them, which in the Americas, the culture has always been dominated by a European elite, yet the population has always been culturally diverse.

Attitudes on this subject are a direct reflection in the cultural diversity, and this cannot be magically remedied, or rectified by addressing singular issues.

Further, every new generation has its idealistic remedies, yet change is always slow and sometimes not forthcoming.

genuineoriginal

The graphs do not give enough information, since they describe the demographics of the victims and not the killers.

PureX

This is just....beyond sick.

And what is more sick is that it is simply the natural result of what the NRA, their pocketed politicians, and a brainwashed, brutal percentage of the American population have built.

11-year-old ‘bully’ murdered 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun after dispute over puppy
Two conditions caused this disastrous outcome. One was the easy availability of a loaded firearm, and the other was the cultural ideal of eliminating problems by annihilating the people that present them to us. And these are the same two prerequisites that are responsible for the vast majority of gun deaths in this country.

Although this instance is unusual because of the young age of the shooter and the victim, and their youth replaces the similar bad decision-making effect of drugs, alcohol, rage, or instability on the brains of adults, this is a classic example of the gun violence problem in America. And the two main causes are exactly the same as those in most other instances.

ok doser

:doh:

perhaps it'd be a good idea to know who's shooting people if you want to stop people from shooting each other

genuineoriginal

:doh:

perhaps it'd be a good idea to know who's shooting people if you want to stop people from shooting each other

Since White Offenders commit 48.3% of the homicides and Black Offenders commit 47.3% of the homicides, it doesn't seem to matter what color the victims are, now does it?

genuineoriginal

It looks like the DoJ and the CDC need to get together and review their statistics.

The one the DoJ put out shows that the number of black and white victims are about the same, but the one the CDC puts out for the same year shows a vast difference.

Were you trying to make a point with the contradictory graphs?