Dear Gun Culture: THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

...Study up on laws and more specifically the original intent of our Founding Fathers before you get back to me (your ignorance is an embarrassment).

I see you're about as reasonable to converse with on this topic as you are on homosexuals.

If you want to present the "reasonable" side of homosexuality, you know which thread to present it in.

I don't see a reason to bother wasting time arguing with a wall, so I'll leave you with this: Those who wrote the Constitution were actually not all believers in God or Christianity. This is well documented. And our founding fathers modeled their documents on Enlightenment era principles of philosophy, not the Bible. That's a tidbit of knowledge that you can take with you for no charge

l see that you're as ignorant on this subject as you are on others that we've discussed. While I had made some major contributions to threads showing the Christianity of our Founding Fathers (many of whom were ordained ministers), and the fact that the United States once was a "Christian nation", I see that those threads (from a couple of years ago or longer) are no more.

If you would like to become educated on this topic as well, please start a thread and I'll gladly "school ya" starting with this excellent book:

810.jpg

Greg Jennings

If you want to present the "reasonable" side of homosexuality, you know which thread to present it in.
that I do. Though it seems like an exercise in futility from what I have read of that thread. You don't really listen

l see that you're as ignorant on this subject as you are on others that we've discussed. While I had made some major contributions to threads showing the Christianity of our Founding Fathers (many of whom were ordained ministers), and the fact that the United States once was a "Christian nation", I see that those threads (from a couple of years ago or longer) are no more.

If you would like to become educated on this topic as well, please start a thread and I'll gladly "school ya".

Or I could end it by mentioning Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson now, neither of whom were Christian and both rejected the divinity of Jesus. As two of the most important founding fathers, I believe that I can rest my case on that alone. Wouldn't you say?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

that I do. Though it seems like an exercise in futility from what I have read of that thread. You don't really listen

The index on page 1 alone is enough to scare off those that want to present the "reasonable" side to sexual perversion.

Quote:

If you would like to become educated on this topic as well, please start a thread and I'll gladly "school ya".

Or I could end it by mentioning Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson now, neither of whom were Christian and both rejected the divinity of Jesus. As two of the most important founding fathers, I believe that I can rest my case on that alone. Wouldn't you say?

Like every eggnostic/atheist/secular humanist you would be attempting to point out two of the dozens of Founding Fathers who were supposedly the least religious.

But then I'd have to point out (amongst other things) that one of them wrote a Bible using the teachings of Jesus Christ to present to the Indians as a learning guide and the other helped write our nation's "charter" explaining where our rights come from (and I'll guarantee they didn't come from Satan).

BTW, the 2nd one's epitaph, which he wrote, went like this:

“The body of Benjamin Franklin, printer, like the cover of an old book, its contents torn out, stripped of its lettering, and guilding, lies here, food for worms. But the work shall not be lost; for it will, as he believed, appear once more in a new and more elegant edition, revised and corrected by the Author.”

Note the capital "A" in Author. Pretty irreligious ey?

Greg Jennings

Quote:

The index on page 1 alone is enough to scare off those that want to present the "reasonable" side to sexual perversion.

Quote:

Like every eggnostic/atheist/secular humanist you would be attempting to point out two of the dozens of Founding Fathers who were supposedly the least religious.

But then I'd have to point out (amongst other things) that one of them wrote a Bible using the teachings of Jesus Christ to present to the Indians as a learning guide and the other helped write our nation's "charter" explaining where our rights come from (and I'll guarantee they didn't come from Satan).

BTW, the 2nd one's epitaph, which he wrote, went like this:

“The body of Benjamin Franklin, printer, like the cover of an old book, its contents torn out, stripped of its lettering, and guilding, lies here, food for worms. But the work shall not be lost; for it will, as he believed, appear once more in a new and more elegant edition, revised and corrected by the Author.”

Note the capital "A" in Author. Pretty irreligious ey?

Ben Franklin believed in some higher power. He was not a Christian and denied Jesus's divinity just as I said, and just as Jefferson did. Do you deny this?

(Please say yes. I'll be more than happy to post about a thousand links to credible sources for your viewing pleasure)

Quetzal

Ben Franklin believed in some higher power. He was not a Christian and denied Jesus's divinity just as I said, and just as Jefferson did. Do you deny this?

(Please say yes. I'll be more than happy to post about a thousand links to credible sources for your viewing pleasure)
You are pretty new here, so I will fill you in. aCW is the type of guy who holds other views so extreme they are not even within the same realm as reason. In short, your facts are completely wasted on someone like him.

Greg Jennings

You are pretty new here, so I will fill you in. aCW is the type of guy who holds other views so extreme they are not even within the same realm as reason. In short, your facts are completely wasted on someone like him.

Thank you for this information. I have butted heads with him a little today, and have come to find he is so far set in his current thinking as to be impossible to change. Pity. I found some of his posts rather funny until I realized he wasn't being sarcastic

Last edited:

Quetzal

Thank you for this information. I have butted heads with him a little today, and have come to find he is so far set in his current thinking as to be impossible to change. Pity. I found some of his posts rather funny until I realized he wasn't being sarcastic
There are a few others that are like that, too. I am sure you will see them. They make wonderful collections on the ignore list if you find that their novelty wears off. ;)

genuineoriginal

Or, as my info tells you, I am agnostic, meaning that I have no religion currently. But feel free to continue your aimless conjecture.
I suggested it because of your repeated mentions of Muslims and the Koran.

Why is it more reliable than the Koran?
Interestingly the Earth is also not a perfect sphere, but more egg-shaped. The Muslim Koran correctly identifies it as such. However you don't put any stock in that book, do you?
My original question to you was why, if the Muslim Koran correctly identified the Earth's shape whereas the Bible never did, do you not put stock in the Koran as a book of faith?
Even if the Bible was tangible evidence, which it isn't, you have yet to tell me how it is a better piece of evidence than the Koran which describes the Earth much more accurately. Care to?
Can you provide proof that your faith is any better than egyptianmuslim's? I'd be willing to bet that you've been a Christian your whole life, as EM's likely been a Muslim his whole life. You've both grown up believing that your respective faiths are the right ones. However, can you offer any proof of that? If you can't then you should quit belittling his beliefs as they are as equally valid as your own
You have to be careful when advocating for strict adherence to faith instead of thinking things out. Every terrorist group whether Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or any other faith claims that they are obeying their god and acting according to that god's will.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I thought he was funny too, still do. I got numb to his extreme rhetoric but there are really good points sprinkled in there. He is a shock poster and he stirs the pot. I like him even though he accused me of being a gay,libertarian pot-head. I suspect him of being in the closet !

Greg Jennings

I thought he was funny too, still do. I got numb to his extreme rhetoric but there are really good points sprinkled in there. He is a shock poster and he stirs the pot. I like him even though he accused me of being a gay,libertarian pot-head. I suspect him of being in the closet !

I enjoy him still. I'll never put the lovable fellow on ignore

genuineoriginal

I didn't know that asking questions about the validity of one holy book over the other made me a Muslim. Interesting
It is rare to see someone that is not a Muslim making the kind of claims you do about the Koran.

If you want to discuss it further, please start a new thread on it.