Dear Gun Culture: THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

Greg Jennings

It is rare to see someone that is not a Muslim making the kind of claims you do about the Koran.

If you want to discuss it further, please start a new thread on it.

You're the one who brought my comments from another forum to this thread. If you don't want to discuss them (and clearly you don't), then don't bring them to the forefront.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I thought he was funny too, still do. I got numb to his extreme rhetoric but there are really good points sprinkled in there. He is a shock poster and he stirs the pot. I like him even though he accused me of being a gay,libertarian pot-head. I suspect him of being in the closet !

what?

you're a gay libertarian pothead? :noway:

:think:

aren't we all?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought he was funny too, still do. I got numb to his extreme rhetoric but there are really good points sprinkled in there. He is a shock poster and he stirs the pot. I like him even though he accused me of being a gay,libertarian pot-head. I suspect him of being in the closet !

When did I ever accuse you of being a doper pj?

I must say though, this is still one of my favorite posts from someone who (the last time I checked) claims to be a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick jane
P.S. i am not against homosexuals or gay marriage either when based on love and family and doing good and charitable deeds. Jesus Christ's Commandments are from the Father and His teachings are as well.

You're no doubt a big hit with the pagans and atheists, God on the other hand...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ben Franklin believed in some higher power. He was not a Christian and denied Jesus's divinity just as I said, and just as Jefferson did. Do you deny this?

Start the thread on the Founding Fathers, I'd love to school someone who seems to think he knows all about the Christian beliefs of the Founding Fathers but isn't even sure in his own mind if God exists.

(Please say yes. I'll be more than happy to post about a thousand links to credible sources for your viewing pleasure)

(I've read pretty much everything the ACLU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State and Mikey Weinstein's Military Religious Freedom Foundation has had to say about the Founding Fathers. You're an amateur kid, play with someone your own speed....slooooooow).

Greg Jennings

Start the thread on the Founding Fathers, I'd love to school someone who seems to think he knows all about the Christian beliefs of the Founding Fathers but isn't even sure in his own mind if God exists.

(I've read pretty much everything the ACLU, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State and Mikey Weinstein's Military Religious Freedom Foundation has had to say about the Founding Fathers. You're an amateur kid, play with someone your own speed....slooooooow).

First you have to answer my question: Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were not Christians and denied Jesus's divinity, correct?

Answer no and you're wrong
Answer yes and my point is proven
Don't answer at all and dodge

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
First you have to answer my question: Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were not Christians and denied Jesus's divinity, correct?

A guy who owns around 100,000 documents, letters and newspaper articles predating 1812 just might disagree with you.

Even if Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson weren't as devout believers as many of the other Founding Fathers, they were still strong believers in God.

Answer no and you're wrong
Answer yes and my point is proven
Don't answer at all and dodge

Please start the thread Greggie, I want ever so bad to school an eggnostic (someone who isn't even surrrrrre if God exists) on the Christian beliefs of our Founding Fathers.

moparguy

This is just....beyond sick.

And what is more sick is that it is simply the natural result of what the NRA, their pocketed politicians, and a brainwashed, brutal percentage of the American population have built.

11-year-old ‘bully’ murdered 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun after dispute over puppy

Golly, and I thought it was the 11 year old that wrought it. Silly me.

... and obviously, no kid of that age has ever killed a kitten in the oven.. or just strangled a puppy with his bare hands... ban ovens and hands; look at what they've wrought, with their careless ovens and hands culture!

Greg Jennings

A guy who owns around 100,000 documents, letters and newspaper articles predating 1812 just might disagree with you.

Even if Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson weren't as devout believers as many of the other Founding Fathers, they were still strong believers in God.
In a god. Certainly not in Jesus. You said they were Christians. You were wrong. You know that

Please start the thread Greggie, I want ever so bad to school an eggnostic (someone who isn't even surrrrrre if God exists) on the Christian beliefs of our Founding Fathers.

I'm sorry aCultureWarrior, but I've already proved my point above and I neither have the time nor desire to rant on this forum endlessly like you seem to (according to your four part series on WHMBR). I fear I'd lose interest and, as I've already proven my point, have no reason to engage

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
In a god. Certainly not in Jesus. You said they were Christians. You were wrong. You know that

There's only one way to find out if I'm wrong about our Founding Fathers (Jefferson and Franklin included).

Instructions on how to start a new thread:

1. Click on "Forums" at top of page
2). Click on "Politics"
3). Click on Green "New Thread".

It's so easy Greggie that even someone who isn't even surrrrre if God exists can do it.

I'm sorry aCultureWarrior, but I've already proved my point above and I neither have the time nor desire to rant on this forum endlessly like you seem to (according to your four part series on WHMBR). I fear I'd lose interest and, as I've already proven my point, have no reason to engage

I see like my thread on homosexuality that you know your limitations.

Wise boy Greggie.

Greg Jennings

There's only one way to find out if I'm wrong about our Founding Fathers (Jefferson and Franklin included).

Instructions on how to start a new thread:

1. Click on "Forums" at top of page
2). Click on "Politics"
3). Click on Green "New Thread".

It's so easy Greggie that even someone who isn't even surrrrre if God exists can do it.

I see like my thread on homosexuality that you know your limitations.

Wise boy Greggie.

Indeed I am wise. It takes wisdom I suppose to know when you have someone beat, and therefore have no reason to start a thread on the very subject you just beat that same person on. By your own admission, Franklin and Jefferson were not Christians. That's what I said, you challenged that, and you lost. I don't need to start a thread to re-prove that point

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Indeed I am wise. It takes wisdom I suppose to know when you have someone beat, and therefore have no reason to start a thread on the very subject you just beat that same person on. By your own admission, Franklin and Jefferson were not Christians. That's what I said, you challenged that, and you lost. I don't need to start a thread to re-prove that point

So that's your idea of a debate, a couple of posts stating that two of the Founding Fathers didn't believe in the divinity of Jesus?

You truly are a legend in your own mind Greggie boy.

Greg Jennings

So that's your idea of a debate, a couple of posts stating that two of the Founding Fathers didn't believe in the divinity of Jesus?

You truly are a legend in your own mind Greggie boy.

I wouldn't call that a debate aCW. It was more of me saying something, you disagreeing, me showing you that I was indeed correct, and then you demanding a thread on the subject despite my point being completely proven in the three posts I put out before.

If that make me a legend in your eyes, so be it. I won't refuse your praise

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't call that a debate aCW. It was more of me saying something, you disagreeing, me showing you that I was indeed correct, and then you demanding a thread on the subject despite my point being completely proven in the three posts I put out before.

If that make me a legend in your eyes, so be it. I won't refuse your praise

Based on my experience, evidence is required to win a court decision. I chose not to derail this thread with the extensive evidence that I have showing that the vast majority of our Founding Fathers were devout Christians, and the two who secular humanists such as yourself often claim were "deists", because of their strong belief in God (note the capital G) played a huge part in the forming of our Christian nation.

I gave you the manual on how to start a thread, if you ever want to get schooled (and I mean schooled, the book I mentioned a few posts ago has over 1,000 pages in it), you know where to find me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl:

Twice in one thread

I was kinda hoping that you'd answer this statement Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Being that the mass production and distribution of firearms come from firearm companies, one would think that you'd want to "control" them if you were serious about the availability of guns Aaron.

I'll let you know when you can speak for me.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4477809&postcount=116

WizardofOz

I was waiting for you to show me how the murder rate in the city of San Francisco has skyrocketed....

Any evidence of that yet?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was waiting for you to show me how the murder rate in the city of San Francisco has skyrocketed....

Any evidence of that yet?

(Boy, Aaron is taking the news about San Franswishco rather hard, I wonder if that's where he left his heart?).

I'm just relaying what news periodicals are saying:

Report: Murder Arrests up 55%, Rape Arrests Up 370% in ‘Sanctuary City’ San Francisco
- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/report-murd...ty-san-francisco-118591/#sthash.TxgumR1E.dpuf

I have an idea Aaron: Since you're no longer emailing Pastor Ken Hutcherson asking him if he's against the recriminalization of homosexuality, why don't you email the various periodicals that have falsely accused your beloved city of having a high crime rate?

I'm sure they'll take your anal retentive rant serious, I know that I am.

Greg Jennings

Based on my experience, evidence is required to win a court decision. I chose not to derail this thread with the extensive evidence that I have showing that the vast majority of our Founding Fathers were devout Christians, and the two who secular humanists such as yourself often claim were "deists", because of their strong belief in God (note the capital G) played a huge part in the forming of our Christian nation.

I gave you the manual on how to start a thread, if you ever want to get schooled (and I mean schooled, the book I mentioned a few posts ago has over 1,000 pages in it), you know where to find me.

Why don't you go find my post where I said that most founding fathers weren't Christian? Go ahead. I'll wait.

On Enlightenment principles being the driving force behind our own American Constitution:
http://www.ushistory.org/us/7a.asp
"New ideas shaped political attitudes as well. John Locke defended the displacement of a monarch who would not protect the lives, liberties, and property of the English people. JEAN-JACQUES ROUSSEAU stated that society should be ruled by the "general will" of the people. BARON DE MONTESQUIEU declared that power should not be concentrated in the hands of any one individual. He recommended separating power among executive, legislative, judicial branches of government. American intellectuals began to absorb these ideas. The delegates who declared independence from Britain used many of these arguments. The entire opening of the Declaration of Independence is Thomas Jefferson's application of John Locke's ideas. The constitutions of our first states and the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION reflect Enlightenment principles. The writings of Benjamin Franklin made many Enlightenment ideas accessible to the general public.

The old way of life was represented by superstition, an angry God, and absolute submission to authority. The thinkers of the Age of Reason ushered in a new way of thinking. This new way championed the accomplishments of humankind. Individuals did not have to accept despair. Science and reason could bring happiness and progress. Kings did not rule by divine right. They had an obligation to their subjects. Europeans pondered the implications for nearly a century. Americans put them into practice first."

And if you like to read, here is a 24 page paper by Yale legal scholar Harold J. Berman on the subject:
http://digitalcommons.law.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1067&context=yjlh

There you go aCultureWarrior: Some nice, juicy, abundantly credible sources supporting my claims about Enlightenment principles and disputing yours about the Bible in terms of what influenced the founding fathers and our very own United States Constitution. Knock yourself out. No separate thread necessary.

Last edited: