Cub Reporters 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And I've got a horse in the race! :)

True, it will likely stand by the gate and eat grass for the remainder, maybe have itself a nice nap...wander over to the bleachers to ham for an apple, but still and all, I'm in it...if not to win it.

fzappa13

I think I've complained twice in 11 years. We each have our own sense of what is acceptable ... I'm sure the overall picture is a source of some amusement for those required to attend to such matters.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure the overall picture is a source of some amusement for those required to attend to such matters.

It may be occasionally useful in itself, but I think it's mostly to allow the fruitcakes to blow off steam, thinking they've done something bad to other people.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Race Update :singer:

Heading into the home stretch and musterion is still leading the field (13) with GM hot on his heels in second and three lengths off the lead (10). Behind him a lathered pack of Truster (whose horse has run into the rails for a few days) Angel and Nang are still jockeying for position and six lengths out of the lead with a scant week of running ahead.

My horse is chasing a butterfly among twenty odd horses still grazing or watching the far crowd with studied indifference.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, are we gonna have a year end awards ceremony or something?
Always. By way of, from last year's finale:

Thanks to all our cubs for making keeping the Woodshed humming in 2013!

There was a tie for Cub Reporter of the Year for 2013, with Resurrected and Angel each coming in first on three separate months. Hon. Men. to CatholicCrusader, who took two.

Congrats to Angel and Res! :first: They came, they read, they reported the heck out of it. :D

Winning horse will be put out to stud.
After it's been put down? :shocked: :eek:

Next year I think I'll keep running totals on the winners and turn it into a points race going into the end of the year. Should make it more competitive. . . wait.

bybee

Always. By way of, from last year's finale:

Thanks to all our cubs for making keeping the Woodshed humming in 2013!

There was a tie for Cub Reporter of the Year for 2013, with Resurrected and Angel each coming in first on three separate months. Hon. Men. to CatholicCrusader, who took two.

Congrats to Angel and Res! :first: They came, they read, they reported the heck out of it. :D

After it's been put down? :shocked: :eek:

Next year I think I'll keep running totals on the winners and turn it into a points race going into the end of the year. Should make it more competitive. . . wait.

I attended an Italian fashion show at The Minneapolis Art Institute with my daughter and granddaughter we then had lunch at a Greek restaurant and rounded out the afternoon with a shoe shopping binge! Then home for a nap!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And November wraps up as it began with musterion thundering past the finish line (21) six lengths ahead of of second place Gros (15) and a handful of nags neck and neck for third.

No contest, November belongs to musterion. Congrats! :first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Report:

And out of the gate in a wide field it's Angel and Oatmeal neck and neck, thundering over the open stretch at 6, with IMJ three lengths back and gamely coming on in third (3), a wide field of lathered horses hot on her heels.

December is already shaping up as a race to be remembered. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Report:

Heading out of the first turn and into the back stretch it's anyone's race with Oatmeal, Angel holding place and a surging GM catching them at (6). IMJ, anna, Granite and Must are still in the running three lengths back of third (4) the last serious contenders one length behind, with Stripe, Cab, Eeset and yours truly still mathematically alive (3). :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My son sent me this pic and said I needed one.
Is this for real, or is he messing with me?

View attachment 19118
This DeWalt nail gun can shoot a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards.​

If this is for real, I think it's brilliant.
No registration needed!

Oh SANTA!!!!!!
You know, I'd heard of that. I think it's something you can actually do. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Race Report: :singer:

They're in the homestretch where a PA warning by Knight to the lead jockey, musterion (10) might open the course for the anna and Angel, trailing by three lengths (7) neck and neck for second. Oatmeal and GM are one length back (6) and in position to challenge with a strong field hard on their heels, Eeset (5) leading IMJ, gen org, Stripe, yours truly (4) with a late but always game resodko, Lazy A, Rusha and Cab Maker (3) pulling up the rear and likely out of the running to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.