Cub Reporters 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainee

lol, it was quite amazing coming here at first!
Lon has tried to help me so apparently you are not somehow racing these people like horses and making bets!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
lol, it was quite amazing coming here at first!
Lon has tried to help me so apparently you are not somehow racing these people like horses and making bets!
:) No, but it seemed like an interesting way of reporting on reporting. Of poking fun at the whole thing or parts of it. I'll get back to the play by play when I catch up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And an old champion comes roaring back down the stretch as Resurrected takes the field at 22 with last month's winner, Angel, fading at the tape and back by four (18). GrosM comes in a distant third at 20. Congrats Resurrected.

April, the cruelest month, belongs to Res.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
May Repeating a stellar performance from last April, Resurrected is out of the gate by several lengths and never falters line to line, cruising to an easy victory by six lengths (20) over the late rally of Lon (14) whose last leg nosed out third place finisher Angel (13). Once again, he reporting crown rests on the head of Resurrected. Congrats! :first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
June A weak field left the course wide open for repeat champ Resurrected to once again cross the "I object!" finish linen nearly unopposed (18) a good four lengths ahead of IMJ (14) and easily outdistancing the always game Angel (11).

bybee

June A weak field left the course wide open for repeat champ Resurrected to once again cross the "I object!" finish linen nearly unopposed (18) a good four lengths ahead of IMJ (14) and easily outdistancing the always game Angel (11).

Clarity and peace and kindness return to TOL when certain posters are either absent or stop their nattering!
Mind you, if the nattering is witty then, I love it!

rainee

How's your voice, Town?
Have you ever considered looking into radio? I bet a program by you could be very amazing..

(And before you possibly get offended - a lot of people have left their first college educated job for an entirely different pursuit - such as you for your writing, but even sticking to writing could contain a variation in transit, you see?)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then be absent and give us some peace.

Oddly enough, Bybee is not receiving infractions. Many of us do not. Yet this site is admittedly biased towards right wing Christianity. Why do you suppose that people who do not fall in that category receive less infractions than certain posters? :think:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You reap what you have sown.

As do we all. As do we all.

You have don'e a bit of sowing yourself bybee.

I tried to be respectful to you a while back, but every time I argued against gay marriage you argued against me, and every time I argued against taxpayer contraception you argued against me, and this was all against the backdrop of you having tried to lecture me on being a conservative.

And then, when I highlighted the hypocrisy of those things, you just attacked me.

So yes, we reap what we sow. Maybe you should pay a little more attention to your own sowing and a little less to mine.

EDIT: Recently PneumaPsucheSoma said that I came out of my mother anus. Actually she used the word "rectum". I never hear anybody complaining about stuff like that. I find the dressing down that people give me to be sheer hypocrisy when taking into consideration the things that other people say here.

Matthew 23:24 ► "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."

I am not sure if that is the best scripture for the situation, but it sure rings true to my ears.

bybee

As do we all. As do we all.

You have don'e a bit of sowing yourself bybee.

I tried to be respectful to you a while back, but every time I argued against gay marriage you argued against me, and every time I argued against taxpayer contraception you argued against me, and this was all against the backdrop of you having tried to lecture me on being a conservative.

And then, when I highlighted the hypocrisy of those things, you just attacked me.

So yes, we reap what we sow. Maybe you should pay a little more attention to your own sowing and a little less to mine.

EDIT: Recently PneumaPsucheSoma said that I came out of my mother anus. Actually she used the word "rectum". I never hear anybody complaining about stuff like that. I find the dressing down that people give me to be sheer hypocrisy when taking into consideration the things that other people say here.

Matthew 23:24 ► "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."

I am not sure if that is the best scripture for the situation, but it sure rings true to my ears.

You misrepresent my statements in a deliberately malicious way. I have never espoused the things of which you accuse me.
As for the statement regarding your origins, it is out of line. I didn't see it myself.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You misrepresent my statements in a deliberately malicious way..........

That is totally not true.

I said that every time I argued against gay marriage you argued against me. Are you saying you didn't? Because you sure did.

I said that every time I argued against taxpayer contraception in that one thread you argued against me. Are you saying you didn't? Because you sure did.

If I argue against gay marriage and you argue against me, then it is reasonable for me to conclude that you are arguing in favor of gay marriage. How can you possibly describe that as me misrepresenting your statements in a deliberately malicious way!

It walked like a duck and it quacked like a duck, so called it a duck. That's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.