Creation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Creation

[Gen 1:1-27
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that [it was] good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
" 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which [were] under the firmament from the waters which [were] above the firmament; and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 Then God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry [land] appear"; and it was so.
10 And God called the dry [land] Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that [it was] good.
11 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb [that] yields seed, [and] the fruit tree [that] yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed [is] in itself, on the earth"; and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb [that] yields seed according to its kind, and the tree [that] yields fruit, whose seed [is] in itself according to its kind. And God saw that [it was] good.
13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;
15 "and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so.
16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. [He made] the stars also.
17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,
18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that [it was] good.
19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 Then God said, "Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.
" 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that [it was] good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.
" 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, [each] according to its kind"; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that [it was] good.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
" 27 So God created man in His [own] image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

xxx The important thing to remember is that God created everything full grown. Looking much older than it was. He created Adam full grown, He created Eve full grown. God created the heavens and the earth full grown, appearing to be alot older than it really was.But in reality and according to His Word it all was created in seven days. God knew He was going to have intellectual idiots that would make up their own rules on judging His creations. So God Put down a strong delusion from the very start.

[2Th 2:10-12
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Was it a six day creation or a seven day creation?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
I keep trying to avoid you, but your like a rash that just keeps coming back.
[Tit 3:9 KJV] 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
[2Ti 2:23 KJV] 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Genesis 1 shows the six days of creation. On the seventh day God rested from all His work which He had created and made.

What do people mean when they talk about creation week?

Shalom.

Jacob
You study and teach the Torah - teach us

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Why would you want to learn the Torah? There is a veil over it that remains to this day. People that think they understand it are deceived.
[2Co 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

He couldn't cut it as a Christian so God uprooted him. Now he is trying the old testament. If someone cant make it as a Christian do you really think they can make it as a Jew? That is going backwards in a spiritual walk.

[Mat 15:13 13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
Why would you want to learn the Torah? There is a veil over it that remains to this day. People that think they understand it are deceived.
[2Co 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

He couldn't cut it as a Christian so God uprooted him. Now he is trying the old testament. If someone cant make it as a Christian do you really think they can make it as a Jew? That is going backwards in a spiritual walk.

[Mat 15:13 13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
I was being sarcastic, Jacob can't teach

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Genesis 1 shows the six days of creation. On the seventh day God rested from all His work which He had created and made.

What do people mean when they talk about creation week?

Shalom.

Jacob
They mean they take Genesis literally. They are misinformed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Start with Bereishis (Genesis) and Creation, or Matthew 5:17-20 with Yeshua (Jesus) about keeping and teaching the Commandments found in The Torah (The Law), God's Instruction for Israel.

I read, study, observe, and teach the Torah as I have the opportunity. Not many actually ask to have the Torah taught to them as you have now done. When we talk about God's Commandments, people often shy away because they are not of Israel or do not want to hear the stories and Commandments found in the Torah. Now from me on Theology Online they can. You can always learn by reading on your own, or finding a Rabbi if you do not already have one, but I enjoy the conversation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ah well, it just does not fit with the real world.
Shalom.

Just reading the Bible will help you. A principle of hermeneutics is that if the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense.

You do not need to worry about the Bible being literal or literal interpretation. The word literal helps some people, even in teaching.

Imagine if you couldn't take what someone says to you literally.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Start with Bereishis (Genesis) and Creation, or Matthew 5:17-20 with Yeshua (Jesus) about keeping and teaching the Commandments found in The Torah (The Law), God's Instruction for Israel.

I read, study, observe, and teach the Torah as I have the opportunity. Not many actually ask to have the Torah taught to them as you have now done. When we talk about God's Commandments, people often shy away because they are not of Israel or do not want to hear the stories and Commandments found in the Torah. Now from me on Theology Online they can. You can always learn by reading on your own, or finding a Rabbi if you do not already have one, but I enjoy the conversation.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Go spread your heresy somewhere else. Your a thief and a robbers.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Go spread your heresy somewhere else. Your a thief and a robbers.

[Jhn 10:1, 8-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Shalom.

I was able to teach here when asked.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Just reading the Bible will help you. A principle of hermeneutics is that if the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense.

You do not need to worry about the Bible being literal or literal interpretation. The word literal helps some people, even in teaching.

Imagine if you couldn't take what someone says to you literally.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Like I said go spread your lies somewhere else. HERMENEUTICS is another delusion.

HERMENEUTICS
2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:20
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1 Cor 1:19
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
1 Cor 2:5
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
2 Tim 2:24-26
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
1 Cor 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
1 Cor 1:26
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:13-15
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
John 5:44
44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
Mark 8:15
15 Then He charged them, saying, "Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod."
Mark 8:18
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
1 Cor 5:7
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
Rom 10:3
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:8-10
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(NKJ)
Hermeneutics is mans scientific study of Gods Word. It is a system of how to believe. The problem is it brings God down to our understanding. It doesnt bring us up to His understanding. It is a system without faith. There is a man made faith and there is a spiritual faith. Man made faith is a system to know what is coming up next according to the system man has laid down. Spiritual faith is to follow the verses not knowing what is coming next but just trusting God that you need it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Like I said go spread your lies somewhere else. HERMENEUTICS is another delusion.

HERMENEUTICS
2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:20
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1 Cor 1:19
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
1 Cor 2:5
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
2 Tim 2:24-26
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
1 Cor 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
1 Cor 1:26
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:13-15
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
John 5:44
44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
Mark 8:15
15 Then He charged them, saying, "Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod."
Mark 8:18
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
1 Cor 5:7
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
Rom 10:3
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:8-10
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(NKJ)
Hermeneutics is mans scientific study of Gods Word. It is a system of how to believe. The problem is it brings God down to our understanding. It doesnt bring us up to His understanding. It is a system without faith. There is a man made faith and there is a spiritual faith. Man made faith is a system to know what is coming up next according to the system man has laid down. Spiritual faith is to follow the verses not knowing what is coming next but just trusting God that you need it.
Shalom.

Good teaching, Squeaky.

Hermeneutics is The Art and Science of Biblical Interpretation. I learned it from Christian Teachers. I have been against it at points in my life. I would rather read, memorize, meditate upon, and quote, verses. However, I have learned something from Hermeneutics. It is how my Dad and I were able to discuss scripture. Remember, no Christian doctrine should be built on one verse alone. And yet, I know that every verse in the Bible is important. We can trust that the entire Bible is God's Word. Are you familiar with Bible Difficulties? Many people seek to reconcile and explain, but not explain away, difficult Bible passages. If we just believe the Bible no such difficulties exist. Then we only have different Bible manuscripts and manuscript copies from the work of meticulous scribes. So, I am with you.

Do you have any comments on Biblical Inspiration or Biblical Inerrancy? What about Biblical Interpretation?

Interpretation in Judaism is different from in Christianity. But we can learn much from each other.

Shalom.

Jacob