Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavisBJ

… Read up on Spinoza's God yet? :think: :nono: I didn't think so. It'd require you to be more thoughtful, no? Proving a point requires you to read and invest.

My acquaintance with Spinoza is only indirectly through Einstein. But your indicating that I need to be conversant with Spinoza (or Einstein’ agreement with Spinoza) supports my side. See, I have made the point previously that a God who is so remote from us that we will miss Him if we don’t seek long and diligently is a God who is hiding rather than a God whose existence is obvious in the world around us. If it takes esoteric arguments from great thinkers like Spinoza and Einstein, who lived nearly 2000 years after Christ, to come up with a “killer proof” of the existence of God, then that is a God who the masses for two thousand years before Spinoza must have had seriously doubts about that God actually existing. Even today, I am seldom directed to deep philosophical arguments to prove God. Is the evidence for your God not something that can be shown as real and convincing without resorting to esoteric arguments? How many of the dedicated Christians will point to Spinoza-type arguments as the reasons for their commitment to Christianity?

What you said about Spinoza makes me wonder if I have been mistaken in assuming your views were essentially in line with most creationists. When you said
… Start with Spinoza: If you have it, it is a product of the universe. IOW, if the universe can't give it, you can't have it. <bolding in original>

Doesn’t that force God to be a product of, not a cause of, the universe?
… Spinoza and Einstein who held Spinoza in esteem, were brilliant this time. They nailed it. They really did.

Though I know rather little about Spinoza, I am somewhat familiar with Einstein’s views on God and Christianity and the Bible. And unless your information is wildly at variance with mine, if Einstein really “nailed it”, then Christianity is dead in the water.

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

... Yes, Creation vs. Evolution because Creation has been recorded since the beginning of man's time on Earth, regardless of whether you believe in the means it has been recorded or not. I'm quite satisfied to believe in the writings of Moses, Daniel, Jesus' Disciples, and Apostles. All you have is 150 years worth of Darwin, etc. And you wonder why I believe in Jesus and the Bible?? Evolution is man-made bunk. I could expound, if you'd like me to or you feel that is necessary. ...

Michael
Michael, in this post, as in almost every post you have ever made, you do no more than make assertions of what you believe. We all can do that, and waste everybody’s time. But unfortunately multiple attempts were made early in this thread to try to get you to actually engage the evidence, but you were (and are) simply dismissive of anything you didn’t want to accept.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Until you show a sincere willingness to see if your beliefs can stand up to critical examination, then my fence post out back (which I have also named Michael Cadry) is more receptive to facts than you are.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

You also must realize though that the same Spirit which is within our God the Father, is the same Spirit which filled Jesus' earthly shell of a body. His vessel, if you can hear it. Our earthly bodies are those vessels which harbor our spirits and souls before we leave and go on to eternity. We will go and receive a Heavenly body {a star} (See Dan. 12:3 KJV). And with no Earthly legs, we will be able to fly at great speeds as spirits/ souls. Our souls and spirits will go to help Jesus reign over the Earth for over 1,000 years -- it's going to be more like 2,000 or more years that Jesus and those who follow Him to Heaven will reign on Earth.

After that comes the second death. All souls will be judged from the Book of Life. Then those who make it shall go to the New Jerusalem. Now I have told you the absolute truth of the matter, because He shares it with me, or else I would not know and would not tell you these things. But I am to prepare a way for the Second Coming of Christ. This I've been doing for over 40 years. It won't be long at all now. I know you must think I'm weird, and to be candid with you and not to feel puffed up or anything, I am, as you might understand, like Elias, who also was in the soul of John the Baptist. He comes before each time Jesus comes to Earth. You have read, Elias must come and restore all things, etc. See Math.11:14 KJV if it helps.

I should not bear witness of myself because then you will think ill thoughts of me and be upset. I am also one of those two witnesses who are to come before the Lord Jesus returns again. I stand before the God of the whole Earth, like an olive tree and candlestick. See Rev. 11:4 KJV. But once again, if I bear witness of myself, it will cause you grief and jealousy or whatever the devil brings upon you. Just say, "Get thee behind me Satan, for you don't savor the things that are of God." Always remember that saying. You will need it often in your futures. Armageddon is coming very soon which shall precede Jesus' Return. There is more that God has done, as written of in Revelation, than you all even know. He has completed most everything written in Revelation, except for a few things to wrap things up. You do not understand that He has because everything is written in mysterious parables and verses, so as to keep the evil people from understanding what is going on. Sadly, it also keeps the just from understanding also. But this is one of the side effects.

This is what God wants and so, He shall have it and His words will not come back to Him unaccomplished. Okay, I'd best close for now. You see, there is a reason why my Creation thread is doing so well. God has blessed me and the Thread. Don't be upset with me for telling you these things/secrets, but instead, prepare yourselves for His Second Coming. Eliminate your sins the best you can. He is willing to forgive you all 7,000 times 700, because of the times upon us. He is very patient, but don't ever take it for granted. Anyway, will get going. I will keep in touch as I am able.

I've never been this candid with anyone since I've been on this TOL site. I figured perhaps I could be honest here and that you all will understand the scriptures concerning the matter. Yes, God has caused times of much rain and no rain for me, and all manner of plagues besides, like tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. I am well-taken care of!! Praise You Jesus Christ!!

May God Increase Your Countenances Fourfold!!

Michael

P.S. I am going to include a copy of this on my Creation thread. Just to let you know it's there also.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MichaelCadry,
re: " I don't know what else you are looking for."

You said you can consciously choose to believe things. I would simply like to see you demonstrate that ability. I suggested leprechauns because I figured you don't already have a belief in them. I'm still waiting to see your realtime demonstration.

Dear rstrats,

Okay, I consciously have a belief that it would be good for me to go ahead and post what I did in Post #18444. Does that do it for you? It is my conscious belief that I should try to help you with what info you are seeking. Do you want more?

God Be With You!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By that you mean you'll repeat that you are right because the bible says so and you have a really really good feeling about it?

Come on Michael you barely understand what evolution is let alone explain why you think it is wrong.

Dear Ty, you say this stuff and expect me to not be upset at you. I don't hate anyone. I do love my neighbor as myself. I love DavisBJ. I don't love some of the things he says or does, so I don't love his ways all of the time. That doesn't mean that I don't love him and care for him like a brother. The only reason I post to him is to keep him from going to hell. That is all of it in a nutshell. It is the same with you. I try to help you see more clearly so that you won't go and spend time in hell. I would rather have you all in Heaven with me and we can have some fun and enjoy eternity. That's it. I also understand evolution extremely more than you realize and I know that Darwin was wrong with his idea that he saw similar features of animals and man, and he thought that we are all descended from each other. I know that God created apes and chimps separately when He created cows and buffaloes, lambs, and insects, and centipedes... all of these were created on Day 6. Also, on Day 6, God created man. He created man in His likeness. God did not look like a chimp or ape. His likeness was the face of a man. Not an ape or chimp. Clear enough yet? I'm really done trying to explain this stuff. When will it sink in??

You would have to be one of the most two faced people I have seen on this forum for a long time. The hostility you show people like Davis (and others to a lesser extent) who don't pander to your sense of self importance is not negated by ending your posts in "much love" etc.
Saying this does not mean you're trying to be nice. Anymore than abusive spouse saying they love you after they punched you in the face.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I've explained that I can love a person without loving their ways and beliefs. Enough said, I think.

Communication Is Good,

Warmest Regards, Tyrathca,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, in this post, as in almost every post you have ever made, you do no more than make assertions of what you believe. We all can do that, and waste everybody’s time. But unfortunately multiple attempts were made early in this thread to try to get you to actually engage the evidence, but you were (and are) simply dismissive of anything you didn’t want to accept.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Until you show a sincere willingness to see if your beliefs can stand up to critical examination, then my fence post out back (which I have also named Michael Cadry) is more receptive to facts than you are.

Dear DavisBJ,

And in your posts, you make assertions of what YOU believe. There is no difference.

In Truth, With Love,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael,

After they kicked me in the guts, they kicked me off the thread, so I did not get to read your post there.

LA

Dear LA,

You're welcome to read it here. It is Post #18444 right adjacent to your post. You're welcome here. Okay everyone. It's been tons of fun and interesting, but now I have to get going to bed. It is past 4a.m. here. Good Night and God Bless Your Souls!!

Michael

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By that you mean you'll repeat that you are right because the bible says so and you have a really really good feeling about it?

Come on Michael you barely understand what evolution is let alone explain why you think it is wrong.

You would have to be one of the most two faced people I have seen on this forum for a long time. The hostility you show people like Davis (and others to a lesser extent) who don't pander to your sense of self importance is not negated by ending your posts in "much love" etc.
Saying this does not mean you're trying to be nice. Anymore than abusive spouse saying they love you after they punched you in the face.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Much love and peace Ty

Tyrathca

Dear Ty, you say this stuff and expect me to not be upset at you.
I'm curious as to why you think I care whether you are upset or not with what I say :AMR:
I don't hate anyone. I do love my neighbor as myself. I love DavisBJ.
You have a funny way of showing it
That doesn't mean that I don't love him and care for him like a brother.
Actions > words
The only reason I post to him is to keep him from going to hell.
Your paranoid accusations of him being out to get you etc are part of you stopping him going to hell? I'm glad you believe your own stories.
I try to help you see more clearly so that you won't go and spend time in hell. I would rather have you all in Heaven with me and we can have some fun and enjoy eternity.
I can't fault you on that if that is really all you are after.
I also understand evolution extremely more than you realize and I know that Darwin was wrong with his idea that he saw similar features of animals and man, and he thought that we are all descended from each other.
No you don't Michael, you're just a victim of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
God did not look like a chimp or ape. His likeness was the face of a man.
And yet we DO (anatomically, physiologically, genetically) look very much like chimps.
I've explained that I can love a person without loving their ways and beliefs. Enough said, I think.
I don't dispute that this is possible.

rstrats

MichaelCadry,
re: "Do you want more?"

Yes. I'd like for you, right now, while you are reading this, to choose to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that leprechauns are real and actually exist. If you can consciously choose to believe things, then you should have no difficulty in doing that.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
MichaelCadry,

Yes. I'd like for you to right now, while you are reading this, to choose to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that leprechauns are real and actually exist. If you can consciously choose to believe things, then you should have no difficulty in doing that.
We believe what's true. God's word is true, it has never been proven wrong. There's a project for the atheists, to prove the Bible wrong

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

And in your posts, you make assertions of what YOU believe. There is no difference.

In Truth, With Love,

Michael
But I can show you early posts where I and others presented specific data to back our points, and your response was to simply pooh-pooh it.

DavisBJ

We believe what's true. God's word is true, it has never been proven wrong. There's a project for the atheists, to prove the Bible wrong
As has been pointed out repeatedly, no major university in the world agrees with some of the claims in the Bible. Are you really that desperate to defend your belief in an ancient nomadic creation story?

DavisBJ

MichaelCadry,

Yes. I'd like for you to right now, while you are reading this, to choose to believe - be convinced without a doubt - that leprechauns are real and actually exist. ...
“Choosing to believe” and “being convinced without a doubt” are not even close to being synonymous.

Tyrathca

And yet we AREN'T very much like chimps. Besides the anatomical, physiological and genetic differences, we have been created as eternal beings. We can, and do sin... Chimps don't. Jesus became our Mediator, offering to save us (not chimps)from sin.
Could you be more specific as to why chimps can't sin? Is it simply a human only thing by definition or is there some other criteria? Because they do seem to lust, engage in gluttony, steal, murder even engage in (tribal) warfare etc so why is us doing it sin and them not? :)

Note I'm asking in relation to Sin not the reasons we use nowadays as to why they are not subject to human made laws/crimes/judicial systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.