Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear rstrats,

Of course beliefs can be consciously chosen!!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

Dear rstrats,

I answered this earlier, but consider the following. Suppose someone says, "I believe we need more coffee, because we are running low." That is consciously a belief. Also, "My belief was that I owe you $2, so here it is." Aren't these consciously chosen beliefs?? I don't know if I really understand your question.

Very Sincerely,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, my posts to you, and to a lesser extent, some of my posts to others seem to act like some kind of lit fuse that soon results in a full meltdown on your part. I can’t prevent you from answering posts that I direct to others, but at least I can choose to not respond to the points you make in hijacked responses. For that reason, I am going to continue not responding to the specifics of the posts you address to me. You are free to wallow in the pretense that my avoidance is because I am cowering in the knowledge that I am unable to respond rationally. (This is the same approach I use when inebriated people want to argue with me.)

Ignore # 73

Davis, I'm hardly inebriated or experiencing a 'meltdown.' Those are your ridiculous choice of words. Yes, I say that you can't answer me to satisfy yourself so that you just play 'ignore me' so you don't have to try to answer me rationally. Yes, that is exactly what is going on. I say that, if you mention my name in a post, then I am quite fairly allowed to respond to that post, whether you are in agreement or not. You would do the same if I mentioned your name in a post of mine. So what gives? Your ignore numbering list is infantile/ childish. And you're a grown man and 'scientist?'

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The contentious part you are partially correct about. In spite of previously saying that I was going to avoid contending with Michael, yet I have succumbed to the temptation to respond to what is really just inane nonsense from Cadry. Mike probably can’t help being the way he is, but I certainly have room for improvement on that score.

On the divinity of Christ I have several questions, but for now I will simply ask - who were the eyewitnesses you refer to are, and how do we know what they saw?

Dear DavisBJ,

If you think you can call me Cadry and Mike in a post, then I can address your post and respond to it. Something more for your childish numbered ignore list. I don't speak 'inane nonsense' to you, but that's what you want to call pertinent information that God and Jesus, and the Holy Ghost do exist, not your disposal of them. It's not inane nor nonsense. Mike can help 'the way he is,' if he needed to. How's that sound? I'm fully capable of repelling your errant insinuations about me and your twisting words out of context. You will get recompensed by God, so don't worry. You're accusing me of things I don't do or ways that I am not. Therefore, have I said that you shall receive recompense from God. Mark my words. You like to weasel out of things to make yourself look good. Learn all you can about God, DavisBJ. That is what I would suggest for you. It's more important than intelligence. What's in your heart measures you. Not your intellect.

Warm Regards,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The apostles and the multitudes of people. Even after DBR Christ Jesus returned for 40 days before ascending, which was also witnessed by multitudes. We know what they saw

Yes, as patrick jane says, we know because it is recorded/ written. And the apostles saw Jesus ascending/rising into Heaven with the clouds {see my Avatar}. Just as they saw Him rise, so shall we see Him return again. An angel spoke this to the disciples, saying 'As you see Him go, so shall you see Him return again in like manner.' Something to that effect. That is the day I live for, among other things. Keep up the wonderful work, PJ!!

God's Grace Upon You,

Michael

rstrats

MichaelCadry,
re: "But rstrats, I don't believe in option 1 [leprechauns]."

As I said, I assumed that you didn't. That's why I suggested them for a demonstration of your ability to consciously choose to believe things.

re: "I've always meant all along that you can believe or disbelieve. In other words, have a belief or disbelief in something. Is that clear enough??"

It is. And I agree. But that is not the issue. The issue is how you obtained the beliefs. You've implied that you have obtained them by conscioulsy choosing to have them. I would simply like to see you demonstrate your ability.

rstrats

MichaelCadry,
re: ". Suppose someone says, 'I believe we need more coffee, because we are running low.' That is consciously a belief."

Indeed it is. But that is only saying that they are aware of having the belief - it is not showing that they consiously chose to have it.

re: "Also, 'My belief was that I owe you $2, so here it is.' Aren't these consciously chosen beliefs??"

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. However, my feeling is that they're not. Again, I've never been able to consciously choose any of the beliefs that I have nor has anyone that I have asked to demonstrate such an ability complied with my request.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MichaelCadry,
re: "But rstrats, I don't believe in option 1 [leprechauns]."

As I said, I assumed that you didn't. That's why I suggested them for a demonstration of your ability to consciously choose to believe things.

re: "I've always meant all along that you can believe or disbelieve. In other words, have a belief or disbelief in something. Is that clear enough??"

It is. And I agree. But that is not the issue. The issue is how you obtained the beliefs. You've implied that you have obtained them by conscioulsy choosing to have them. I would simply like to see you demonstrate your ability.

Dear rstrats,

When I was a child, my Mother took me to a Christian Nazarene Church and I chose to believe in God. When presented an option of believing in Jesus, I consciously decided to believe in Him and prayed for Him to come into my heart. He did. I consciously chose those beliefs. Otherwise, I might be a Moslem. That's what my Dad used to be. He converted to Christianity after my Mom passed away. I also consciously chose to be in the choir there and also to act in church plays. How I chose to believe, I've just explained. My Pastor preached certain things and I consciously agreed or disagreed with what he said. I don't know what else you are looking for.

God Bless Your Heart & Soul,

Michael

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

I'm not tired of you any more. I got a good nap. Ready and steady!!

Michael
U have anything worth saying on the subject of the thread, or do you prefer to scream hatred and damnation in the face of people who sincerely and honestly don’t agree with you?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is that why disbelief is so strongly correlated with those who have proven themselves as premier scientists? They are lacking in intelligence?

Dear DavisBJ,

They may have what you call intelligence, but what they do lack is wisdom, yourself included. Yes, I will butt in on patrick's defense because a close friend does that. Don't mess with my twin bro' PJ!!

Where science does not have a clear answer, you think that automatically becomes evidence for God?

Science doesn't have a clear answer for many occurrences indeed. Evidence from God will visit you with veracity when you have to die and meet your Maker. There will be no one to turn to and I know that God will reject you, because you perpetually reject Him.

I ask no one to stand in for me. If God is real and can’t accept me when I am willing to face up to my mistakes, then I should willingly let His Son be brutalized for my mistakes instead? Really?

And no one shall stand in for you. You will be stuck on your own, facing an insurmountable fate worse than death. That is written in our 'old Bible.' Science has been around for roughly 150 years and you think that qualifies it as being better than the Bible and God?? You're too much! The Bible is more reliable than your science journals and books, because it goes back over 6,000 years and is airtight in all instances of Who we can believe, God or Darwin/Dawkins, etc. I'd trust Moses or Jesus before I'd trust Darwin!!

Good Luck With Your New Life,

Michael

Ignore #1

Last edited:

rstrats

MichaelCadry,
re: " I don't know what else you are looking for."

You said you can consciously choose to believe things. I would simply like to see you demonstrate that ability. I suggested leprechauns because I figured you don't already have a belief in them. I'm still waiting to see your realtime demonstration.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MichaelCadry,
re: ". Suppose someone says, 'I believe we need more coffee, because we are running low.' That is consciously a belief."

Indeed it is. But that is only saying that they are aware of having the belief - it is not showing that they consiously chose to have it.

re: "Also, 'My belief was that I owe you $2, so here it is.' Aren't these consciously chosen beliefs??"

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. However, my feeling is that they're not. Again, I've never been able to consciously choose any of the beliefs that I have nor has anyone that I have asked to demonstrate such an ability complied with my request.

Dear rstrats,

Some instances you can consciously believe and some you cannot. It's just that simple. We're both right!

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
U have anything worth saying on the subject of the thread, or do you prefer to scream hatred and damnation in the face of people who sincerely and honestly don’t agree with you?

Dear DavisBJ,

Oh oh! You blurted out a post out of frustration. Do you have anything worth saying on the subject of this thread or do you just want to play childish games of Ignore #80??

Yes, Creation vs. Evolution because Creation has been recorded since the beginning of man's time on Earth, regardless of whether you believe in the means it has been recorded or not. I'm quite satisfied to believe in the writings of Moses, Daniel, Jesus' Disciples, and Apostles. All you have is 150 years worth of Darwin, etc. And you wonder why I believe in Jesus and the Bible?? Evolution is man-made bunk. I could expound, if you'd like me to or you feel that is necessary.

There's no damnation or hatred here. I've tried for years to be your friend. That isn't hatred. And damnation you will have to take up with God when your moment of reckoning arrives.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

Tyrathca

Evolution is man-made bunk. I could expound, if you'd like me to or you feel that is necessary.
By that you mean you'll repeat that you are right because the bible says so and you have a really really good feeling about it?

Come on Michael you barely understand what evolution is let alone explain why you think it is wrong.

There's no damnation or hatred here. I've tried for years to be your friend. That isn't hatred. And damnation you will have to take up with God when your moment of reckoning arrives.
You would have to be one of the most two faced people I have seen on this forum for a long time. The hostility you show people like Davis (and others to a lesser extent) who don't pander to your sense of self importance is not negated by ending your posts in "much love" etc.
Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael
Saying this does not mean you're trying to be nice. Anymore than abusive spouse saying they love you after they punched you in the face.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.