Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

gcthomas said:
Haven't you noticed that much of what he posts has been copied word for word (including edits and typos) from other websites without so much as as an attribution
You should report this to the moderators GC. It not only is against site rules, but it could even be against the law.

6days

Dear 6days,

You're doing a SPLENDID, GREAT job. I can't THANK YOU enough!! You know a lot. What happened to all the computers and 100 trillion genomes or whatever. Seems like no one took that to heart?? Thus is evolutionists. They ignore you when you prove them wrong and won't answer back. Then there is me, who is willing to be a man and apologize if I am wrong.

God Made Us Different On Purpose,

Michael
Ha... thanks Michael
Good question about the computers.
I suppose they think we don't notice when they ignore evidence which challenges their belief system.

Jukia

Ha... thanks Michael
Good question about the computers.
I suppose they think we don't notice when they ignore evidence which challenges their belief system.

My belief system is based on the real world, not a book cobbled together thousands of years after it was written.

6days

alwight said:
Believe away then but I at least try to follow where evidence seems to lead
I know you think you do.
But wasn't it you who posted a pic of a possible feather in amber suggesting it was from a dinosaur? You were NOT following the evidence, but instead you fell for some BBC story telling which fit into your belief system. There was no evidence at all of a dinosaur .

alwight said:
while imo you otoh presuppose first and then start looking for supporting evidence, without too much success apparently.
You got me there! I do have a very biased starting point. I view Gods Word as inerrant. I believe real evidence and science always support the Biblical view.

alwight said:
feathers. In China they have found many more examples it seems.
If we can both accept that there is evidence for feathers then maybe we can decide whether such creatures are possibly a link between dinosaurs and birds?
We have feathers in Canada too!
But, there definitely is no evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs. Remember... follow the evidence... not a belief system that sees imaginary feathers.

alwight

I know you think you do.
But wasn't it you who posted a pic of a possible feather in amber suggesting it was from a dinosaur? You were NOT following the evidence, but instead you fell for some BBC story telling which fit into your belief system. There was no evidence at all of a dinosaur.
That was actually what the BBC seemed to suggest rather than me, I simply copied the headline.
However I don't think you're particularly keen to think it through perhaps.:think:
If we can agree that science at least has good enough reasons to suppose that the age of that amber dates to when the dinosaurs dominated the world and before modern birds, then it is indeed reasonable imo to suppose that such early feathers would perhaps most probably have come from one of them.
Not that you might want to accept that but I at least think that the evidence actually does tend to show that dinosaurs were evolving feathers.

Apart from that I originally only offered that website as an example of what conclusions mainstream scientists have been led to by the evidence, not necessarily my own. But since you question my methodology then from my albeit lay understanding of the evidence, their conclusions and the headline based on it seem quite reasonable and probably correct.
Sorry but I'll not take any lectures from you about not following where the evidence leads unless you would perhaps like to explain how their conclusions and my own here are wrong, if your understanding of the evidence is superior to mine?

You got me there! I do have a very biased starting point. I view Gods Word as inerrant. I believe real evidence and science always support the Biblical view.
You seem to believe the Bible first and then try to accommodate science, what was your evidence then if you require any?
Anyway that all rather depends on how literally you understand the Bible to be imo. If you can accept that Genesis was not even meant to be a factual account of events but allegory then you will have at least some scope for flexibility maybe. If otoh you believe that Genesis is a factual narrative then I think you have your work cut out to make it tally with scientific conclusion.

We have feathers in Canada too!
But, there definitely is no evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs. Remember... follow the evidence... not a belief system that sees imaginary feathers.
Again, the evidence, despite your bald assertions, does imo fit very well with Darwinian evolution and clearly in no way falsifies it, but perhaps you will show how I am wrong and why it doesn't fit? How would there even being an earlier form of feather fit with creation say?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
transitory life forms......

transitory life forms......

That was actually what the BBC seemed to suggest rather than me, I simply copied the headline.
However I don't think you're particularly keen to think it through perhaps.:think:
If we can agree that science at least has good enough reasons to suppose that the age of that amber dates to when the dinosaurs dominated the world and before modern birds, then it is indeed reasonable imo to suppose that such early feathers would perhaps most probably have come from one of them.
Not that you might want to accept that but I at least think that the evidence actually does tend to show that dinosaurs were evolving feathers.

I was delving into the fossil evidence on the dinosaur/bird connection, fascinating stuff :) - such could merit its own thread.

pj

6days

I was delving into the fossil evidence on the dinosaur/bird connection, fascinating stuff :) - such could merit its own thread.
pj
It would make an interesting topic!!

While you are delving into evidence...you might find it interesting that dinosaurs ate birds. There have been fossils recovered of dinosaurs with birds in their stomachs that were “crow-size, flight-capable bird”. Evolutionary dating has this dino at about 120 million years ago.
So... I guess we do have evidence of feathers on...oops, I mean IN dinosaurs!:dizzy:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info...RI=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0044012.g008

6days

You seem to believe the Bible first and then try to accommodate science....
Of course!!!
If evolutionists had done this they wouldn't have made so many awful mistakes about things like Neandertals, Java man, Peking man, junk DNA, psuedogenes, Piltdown man, Nebraska man, Horse evolution, Haeckels faked drawings and recapitulation theory, Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis, vestigial organs.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible first then Ota Benga the pygmy might not have been put in a cage with a chimp in New York

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible first then Austrailian aborigines may not have been killed for museum displays.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible then race based slavery would never have been near the tradgedy it became.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible, the Holocaust may never have happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdH0c2FS-Wg

ETC ETC... The list is long

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
dont be a dodo

dont be a dodo

Yes, I have no fear or scientific evidence or the lacks thereof while indulging the subject, since I see Life as unfolding its own 'being' in the great totality of creation, since I see 'creation' and 'evolution' as being the same thing in essence, the latter indicating creation's dynamic unfolding and adaptation process.

My base views here.

While you are delving into evidence...you might find it interesting that dinosaurs ate birds. There have been fossils recovered of dinosaurs with birds in their stomachs that were “crow-size, flight-capable bird”. Evolutionary dating has this dino at about 120 million years ago.
So... I guess we do have evidence of feathers on...oops, I mean IN dinosaurs!:dizzy:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info...RI=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0044012.g008

Nice try dear, but I think there's more involved in the dinosaur/bird relationship or a possible intermediary species associating the two, or a possible common ancestor between some of the bird-like reptiles and reptile-like birds (a fun con-fusion :) ). Dinosaurs and birds (or intermediary species) could have co-existed, this does not necessarily annul any evolutionary connection between the 2 species.

Did birds evolve from the dinosaurs?

pj

Stuu

Of course!!!
If evolutionists had done this they wouldn't have made so many awful mistakes about things like Neandertals, Java man, Peking man, junk DNA, psuedogenes, Piltdown man, Nebraska man, Horse evolution, Haeckels faked drawings and recapitulation theory, Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis, vestigial organs.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible first then Ota Benga the pygmy might not have been put in a cage with a chimp in New York

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible first then Austrailian aborigines may not have been killed for museum displays.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible then race based slavery would never have been near the tradgedy it became.

And if evolutionists had believed the Bible, the Holocaust may never have happened.

I see you are not a stickler for accurate history.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
creation, not evolution!!

creation, not evolution!!

I am not afraid of evidence. I am honest about the evidence. I do not know what else God would expect. Do you think He wants me to lie for Him, and make up divine visions to try and convince other people?

Dear noguru,

I don't 'lie' for Him. All of the visions I've had from Him were very real and if someone doesn't want to believe them, then fine. Do you think I would dare to spread falsehood in God's Name. That'd be like cutting off my own hand. Worse. Do you think I just come up with all of this stuff on my own? It was told to me, or I would not know. I think it's time to copy my Post No. 1 right around here to let you all know what I've been claiming. By the way noguru, 2 blood red moons in 2014 and two in 2015, both occurring on Passover and Sukkot. It's going to be an interesting two years.

May God Always Bless You And Bring You Back In The Fold,

Michael

:carryon:

:execute:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

I'm going to tell you what the Lord told me; the facts. I hope it helps you all and that you STUDY your Bible and the first two books of Genesis to understand. Thank you. The earth has been here for a few million years. Some of you seem to think that just by gradual changing, different species 'evolved'. Give God more credit than that. God created every creature on the earth, in each day/generation the is written in the Bible. This includes also when the dinosaurs were on earth. But, God wiped the screen blank a number of times indeed. In other words, He created and then obliterated, and formed each animal and bird, and critter and man/woman differently, each time changed in ways He saw fit. Just like He obliterated everyone but Noah and his family. There is NO EVOLUTION. Tell that to God when you see HIM. He has EVERY PART on how each animal/human was formed because He kept re-forming them and making them different each time. It's God's HANDIWORK here at stake, not "evolution's." From our own Adam and Eve being formed, this is the generation of our Adam.

You'll notice in the first chapter of Genesis, it says God "Created" each in their 'day' or 'generation' (time in which they were generated). We also cannot ascertain that, in the past million years, 24 hours was the 'day's' length then either. All that I do know is that He has revealed something to me to share with others, for their sakes. He did create the first Adam and Eve in six days and rested on the seventh. Believe me or not. It really doesn't matter. In the first chapter of Genesis, it says God created the beasts and birds, and all of that, before He created man on the sixth 'day' or 'generation'. Now follow all this closely and re-read it as much as necessary for you. In the SECOND chapter of Genesis, does it not say that the Lord God "Formed" man from the dust of the ground. And the Lord God saw that the man was lonely, and so He 'formed' the birds, and animals from the dust of the ground and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. So first, we have Adam being CREATED after the birds and beasts were CREATED, and yet in Genesis chapter two, it says the Lord God FORMED man BEFORE the beasts and birds.

You will also notice that in the first chapter, God said the fowl/birds were created from the waters, but in the second chapter, it says the Lord God FORMED the birds/fowl from the dust of the ground. Now it is time for people to know the truth because they are questioning the true existence of God. I happen to know that God CREATED man and woman once, and the Lord God wiped them from the face of the earth many times and improved man and animals and plants, etc. as He saw fit. That is why we find man's bones that are way older than 5,000 years, or "OUR" ADAM. There were Adams and Eves formed many times over the thousands of years and they were perfected and changed as the Lord God saw fit. That is why it is written, "and He called THEIR name Adam in the day they were created. That is why it is written, 'This is the book of the generations of Adam, in the image of God made he him/man.' I'm not sure that is the exact quote without looking it up right now. It is not a big matter. The Lord God has wiped the earth clean before and He will again. Remember Noah and his wife, of whom we are all descended from, therefore we are ALL Brothers and Sisters who don't get along well. Ishmael is the descendant of all of the Arab people. The next time the Lord God wipes this earth clean, He will again FORM a man from the dust of the ground, whether He forms the beasts beforehand or afterwards, and He will FORM another woman. And another book will be written for that Generation of Adam (and Eve). I hope I've explained this well enough for now. This is the Lord God's playpen down here (His VERY BELOVED CREATION) and He will change things as He will a dollhouse. It's His option. What are you going to do about it?? Forget your Evolution idea!! There is a Higher Power that oversees every little change in every creature He forms. That's all, just for now. Re-read and study, and look in your Bibles.
May the Lord God Continue to Bless the Lord Jesus,
For the Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand until I make thy enemies your footstool. He is doing just that. Can you understand any of this?? Please, if you have any comments, keep them civil and maybe kind? This is some of the info that the Lord told John of Patmos NOT to write (Rev. 10:4), when the seven thunders uttered their voices. People were not ready to handle it then, but we are ready now.

Praise His Greatness and His Intense Imagination, Which Is An Incredible Amazing Thing,

Michael Cadry

Go to the link below, then click on 'Book Copy', then SKU-text and the Title Page of my book will come up. You can then read it off your computer screen.

noguru

You should report this to the moderators GC. It not only is against site rules, but it could even be against the law.

I do not think there would be any criminal charges for straight plagiarism. You might be subject to a civil suit depending on what was done with it.

It says a lot about character, though. A poor character is not usually against the law. People are free to be jerks for the most part. But don't worry Jesus loves you, even if most other people think you are a jerk. Jesus might also think you are a jerk, but will still love you.

noguru

How would you know?

Stuart

Because Michael has had visions of earthquakes, snow storms, and wild fires (in California). :rotfl: Plus it seems he might also think that being treated for cancer (though that is not funny) gives him some credibility also.

alwight

Despite what you may choose to think 6days there were clearly many types of dinosaur and probably many forms of early birds that they could eat. It isn’t case of dinosaurs or birds being mutually exclusive, dinosaurs did not all evolve into birds. One reason supposed for only smaller feathered dinosaurs/birds surviving the “K-T mass extinction” was that their feathers, like mammalian fur, kept them warm enough to survive until things settled down again.

Of course!!!

You seem to be going off on a random wild assertion spree here. However I’ll just point out that early European pioneers were ostensibly Christian who brought their Bibles with them, but still did what they did, while none could probably be described as “evolutionists” at that time anyway.
If the Bible had not tacitly condoned slavery but had instead actively condemned the practice then Christians wouldn’t have had any excuses for owning and dealing in slaves in the first place.
If Christians had simply followed the “Golden Rule” instead of their religious sectarianism and bigotry then the Holocaust would not have happened.
I could go on.:plain:

unknown

Read the first few chapters of Genesis again and you will see that God did not create any plants or animals. God created the heaven and earth and commanded the earth to bring forth life. How is that not evolution?

Stuu

Read the first few chapters of Genesis again and you will see that God did not create any plants or animals. God created the heaven and earth and commanded the earth to bring forth life. How is that not evolution?
How is it evolution?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How would you know?

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

You have my post 1153 and still you have to ask? For shame. The Lord explained it to me that He makes every change in His creations, each time He reforms/recreates the inhabitants of the earth, sea creatures, creeping things, animals and man. I'm also telling the truth here and about my cancer. I called the urologist and cancer doctor, and said I would be doing no radiation for it.

Michael

6days

Awight said:
Despite what you may choose to think 6days there were clearly many types of dinosaur and probably many forms of early birds that they could eat. It i.
What is "early birds?"
My mom always used to tell me that, that is what catches the worm.

Or are you referring to the first birds that God created? There were many forms of those...archaeopteryx was cool, as were the parrots and many other birds. Perhaps the most magnificent flying creature of Gods creation was the mighty pterosaurs. Some stood as tall as a giraffe, with wing spans of over 10 meters...(some say as much as 12 meter / 40 feet.) They are a testimony to our Awesome Creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.