Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavisBJ

Daniel Cowering in the Kitten’s Den

Daniel Cowering in the Kitten’s Den

… NASA is deceptive anyway, so I'm not surprised to see outright lies.
Dear Daniel1611:

Is being deceptive and telling outright lies the same as when you say Bear Mountain is 60 miles from New York City, when it is closer to 42 miles? (Like in post 10560, that you seem reluctant to respond to)

DavisBJ

Dear seehigh,

I see further than that. Reality. Who is going to take the time to put the equations to use? They've been posted for nothing.

God Bless You And Your Family And Friends!!

Michael
Dear Michael,

I don’t know what prompted your unexpected objection to the mathematics in a couple of recent posts. Maybe you had a spat with your wife/mistress, maybe you have diarrhea, or, more likely, you feared having to admit the math was above your head. Whatever your rationale, you actually have a point with some validity. I think it was Stephen Hawking who said that he had been advised that every equation he included in his popular books would decrease the readership very significantly.

With that in mind, I still feel that occasionally there is a time and place for the minimum possible use of mathematics in the defense of an idea. This was such a time.
Dear DavisBJ,

I would go there to the top of Bear Mountain and see if I could see NYC…
With due respect to The Barbarian’s commendation on your saying you would actually go to Bear Mountain and see if the NYC skyline is visible, I think that is both insufficient and unnecessary. It is unnecessary because there is no dispute that you can see the New York City skyline from the crest of Bear Mountain. The TripAdvisor website that Daniel1611 linked to has a picture taken from the top of Bear Mountain showing the New York skyline in the distance. Daniel1611 knows that, and I know that. Daniel has not suggested that TripAdvisor is in collusion with NASA in falsifying pictures dealing with the shape of the earth, and I am not a conspiracy theorist myself.

It is Daniel’s contention that the New York skyline should not be visible from Bear Mountain if the earth is spherical. My mathematics shows that even with a spherical earth, the NYC skyline will be visible. So going there and seeing the NYC skyline is going to tell us nothing that we don’t already agree on – you can see NYC from Bear Mountain. Now if you have another suggestion that is free of mathematics, I am all ears, but I am not going to hold my breath.

BTW, Michael - different subject – you may notice that often when I quote back portions of your posts, the quoted portion is not in the fancy font or color you chose for your original post. Even after more than a year since Alwight showed you the basics of how to use the reply features and color and fonts, you seem like a little kid who has recently found a box of crayons, and are still coloring on the walls, the furniture, yourself, the clothes, and the pets. Notice no one else relies on even a fraction as many emoticons and colors and fancy fonts as you do. Myself, I prefer to concentrate on the ideas being discussed, and when I am reading your posts the colors and fonts make me feel like I am conversing with a clown with a bright red bulbous nose and huge pink floppy shoes and a gigantic painted-on smile. Just FYI.

seehigh

Dear Michael,

I don’t know what prompted your unexpected objection to the mathematics in a couple of recent posts. Maybe you had a spat with your wife/mistress, maybe you have diarrhea, or, more likely, you feared having to admit the math was above your head. Whatever your rationale, you actually have a point with some validity. I think it was Stephen Hawking who said that he had been advised that every equation he included in his popular books would decrease the readership very significantly.

With that in mind, I still feel that occasionally there is a time and place for the minimum possible use of mathematics in the defense of an idea. This was such a time.

With due respect to The Barbarian’s commendation on your saying you would actually go to Bear Mountain and see if the NYC skyline is visible, I think that is both insufficient and unnecessary. It is unnecessary because there is no dispute that you can see the New York City skyline from the crest of Bear Mountain. The TripAdvisor website that Daniel1611 linked to has a picture taken from the top of Bear Mountain showing the New York skyline in the distance. Daniel1611 knows that, and I know that. Daniel has not suggested that TripAdvisor is in collusion with NASA in falsifying pictures dealing with the shape of the earth, and I am not a conspiracy theorist myself.

It is Daniel’s contention that the New York skyline should not be visible from Bear Mountain if the earth is spherical. My mathematics shows that even with a spherical earth, the NYC skyline will be visible. So going there and seeing the NYC skyline is going to tell us nothing that we don’t already agree on – you can see NYC from Bear Mountain. Now if you have another suggestion that is free of mathematics, I am all ears, but I am not going to hold my breath.

BTW, Michael - different subject – you may notice that often when I quote back portions of your posts, the quoted portion is not in the fancy font or color you chose for your original post. Even after more than a year since Alwight showed you the basics of how to use the reply features and color and fonts, you seem like a little kid who has recently found a box of crayons, and are still coloring on the walls, the furniture, yourself, the clothes, and the pets. Notice no one else relies on even a fraction as many emoticons and colors and fancy fonts as you do. Myself, I prefer to concentrate on the ideas being discussed, and when I am reading your posts the colors and fonts make me feel like I am conversing with a clown with a bright red bulbous nose and huge pink floppy shoes and a gigantic painted-on smile. Just FYI.
Where is the like button when you need one?

Jose Fly

Or it's just a painting or cgi they're rotating. NASA is deceptive anyway, so I'm not surprised to see outright lies.

All Daniel is doing is looking at the same data and "interpreting it differently", a process our creationists here have adamantly advocated.

If creationists can do it, why can't Daniel?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They are moving, but the Earth is moving a lot faster. Remember, at the equator, it's going about 1,000 miles per hour. The atmosphere is rotating with it, and seen from space, the clouds are moving on the average, by a factor of about 50 times slower than the rotation. So you'd expect that at the scale of a planet, they would look to be standing still at frame rates that would show the Earth rotating.

Dear The Barbarian,

It's so hard to believe that the Earth is going 1,000 mph at the equator, but if you say so. I'll bet people on the equator are flying all over the place, hehehehheee! Well, I guess the atmosphere would move with the Earth, so the clouds stay with it's rotation. I just thought they would change shapes more going that fast. But with the way you explain it, I can understand why the video looks the way it does. It's all awesome to me. But I'm learning a lot, too. Thanks for explaining the video for me!!

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :singer: :rapture: :Christine: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael (and Daniel, et al), I took screen shots at 1 second intervals of the Galileo probe video of the Earth that gcthomas linked to. Then I looked carefully at each pair of successive screen shots to see if I could see changes in the cloud cover. The large-scale patterns – like the big swirls and the areas that were either clear of clouds or solid clouds showed little change. These are things covering hundreds, or even thousands of miles. But when I carefully examined the fine detail – the edges of the cloudy parts, the wispy areas, there were huge differences. The rapid turning motion of the video tends to mask the substantial change in the fine structure, change on a scale that corresponds to what you see outside in your local sky.

Dear DavisBJ,

Yes, I believe you now! I believe that the massive amount of clouds moved with the Earth. I thought I would see them moving around tons, with their wispy clouds also. I guess you never know what to expect. I'm sorry that you had to take 1-second screen shots of it though. But your studying did reap it's benefits. Thanks for all of the hard work, DavisBJ!! I can imagine it was tedious!!

Best Wishes Indeed,

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :singer: :guitar: :angel:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Michael,

Dear DavisBJ,

It was one of my bad days when wrote that mean language. I was most upset with the line length screwing up, as a matter of fact. I hate when that happens.

Anyway, I do enjoy changing my type style/font, and it's attributes for my own entertainment. I was going to do that with this post also. Isn't it a refreshing change from this simple font/type style, and the color, size, etc. of it? I only do it usually if the post was being addressed to me, and if the post was a fairly good one (more than 3-4 sentences). Well, you know I'm going to keep doing it, so I might as well do it with this one also. Like I said, I enjoy it. I don't know what tell you DavisBJ? God Be With You? I'm being insensitive if I do that, right? So....

Best Wishes,

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar: :singer: :angel: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael certainly has some (im)maturity issues.

Dear noguru,

I am as mature as you need to be for God, and more. I'm not into people who like to show off their 'brain' power. I prefer their 'heart' power. You don't know me well enough, yet!! I'm not into severe intellectuals, but I really am impressed with someone who exudes real love and care for each other. That's what makes me a 'disciple' of Christ, rather than so much a 'Christian.'

Got to run!!

Michael

Last edited:

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

It was one of my bad days when wrote that mean language. I was most upset with the line length screwing up, as a matter of fact. I hate when that happens.

Anyway, I do enjoy changing my type style/font, and it's attributes for my own entertainment. I was going to do that with this post also. Isn't it a refreshing change from this simple font/type style, and the color, size, etc. of it? I only do it usually if the post was being addressed to me, and if the post was a fairly good one (more than 3-4 sentences). Well, you know I'm going to keep doing it, so I might as well do it with this one also. Like I said, I enjoy it. I don't know what tell you DavisBJ? God Be With You? I'm being insensitive if I do that, right? So....

Best Wishes,

Michael
Not a big issue, Michael. However, I am searching for the biggest picture or graphic I can find on the net that has even a remote connection to this thread. It needs to be at least 50,000 pixels wide. When I find it, I will enlarge it even more, and then post it online in this thread. Right after I will post my comments in a varying menagerie of wild fonts and colors and sizes, almost as though Mark Seasigh had been resurrected. I want to experience for myself the high you must be getting.

noguru

Dear noguru,

I am as mature as you need to be for God, and more. I'm not into people who like to show off their 'brain' power. I prefer their 'heart' power. You don't know me well enough, yet!! I'm not into severe intellectuals, but I really am impressed with someone who exudes real love and care for each other. That's what makes me a 'disciple' of Christ, rather than so much a 'Christian.'

Got to run!!

Michael

:chuckle:

The heart is in the brain. And having a big heart actually refers to wisdom. You can try to sidestep the real issue, but I will not be daunted.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I notice that a closer look actually shows cloud movement, but at the relative rate I predicted.

So what we need is a video from a geosynchronous satellite. At about 22,000 miles, the speed necessary for an orbit is the same as the rotational velocity of the Earth.

Notice that the clouds do change...
Earth Video from Geosynchronous Orbit

Dear The Barbarian,

I trust you, so I don't need anything else. I will have to paste in into my browser, because it's not coming up in my post here as a blue or so, lettering. I will write down the post and get back to it when I get a chance. So many people have posted, so I have to keep up. It won't take me long. I may answer it before then, also!!

Much Love To An Excellent Brother,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture: :guitar:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmmm... a Brit aye?

Dear StanJ,

I just love the British people. I have ancestry from England, and Scotland, and Ireland, and Wales. I am quite a mutt, to say the least. I really am! To me, they are just like Americans. Where's my haggi? No, I am probably saying I wouldn't try a haggi! The stomach I can live without. We're having Beef Liver 2nite, Stan. With onions and maybe sliced mushrooms. Also Dill Mashed Potatoes. I will use White Wine to put in with the Beef Liver, which I cook in a frying pan on the stovetop. Probably some Chablis. It will taste Yummeeee!! Whatcha' having 2nite, Stan? Do you cook? If you don't want to answer me, it will be okay. I will understand. Okay, will close for now. Many more posts to answer!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture: :angel: :angel: :guitar:

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

I just love the British people. I have ancestry from England, and Scotland, and Ireland, and Wales. I am quite a mutt, to say the least. I really am! To me, they are just like Americans. Where's my haggi? No, I am probably saying I wouldn't try a haggi! The stomach I can live without. We're having Beef Liver 2nite, Stan. With onions and maybe sliced mushrooms. Also Dill Mashed Potatoes. I will use White Wine to put in with the Beef Liver, which I cook in a frying pan on the stovetop. Probably some Chablis. It will taste Yummeeee!! Whatcha' having 2nite, Stan? Do you cook? If you don't want to answer me, it will be okay. I will understand. Okay, will close for now. Many more posts to answer!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture: :angel: :angel: :guitar:

I'm sure a lot of us can trace our roots to the UK. Mine are Scottish, 2nd gen CDN, with some Irish and English thrown in.
I do love traditional Scottish and English foods like Haggis, bangers and mash, kidney pie, etc...

I have a micro wave, so I heat.

:p

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not a big issue, Michael. However, I am searching for the biggest picture or graphic I can find on the net that has even a remote connection to this thread. It needs to be at least 50,000 pixels wide. When I find it, I will enlarge it even more, and then post it online in this thread. Right after I will post my comments in a varying menagerie of wild fonts and colors and sizes, almost as though Mark Seasigh had been resurrected. I want to experience for myself the high you must be getting.

Dear DavisBJ,

How somewhat mean of you. Oh well, whatever floats your boat or bemuses you. I will just ask the mods to fix it for me and be done with it. I doubt they will be thrilled when they know you are doing it on purpose. Mark SeaSigh did not do hardly any of the fonts and colors that I do. For 20 years, I was a typesetter/typography manager. I know many fonts by heart and colors also. I must admit that I don't just do it for myself. I do it because of the love I have for those who post to me. I want to give them something different than this usual font and black writing, to keep them happy perchance. It is not childish. I did it for other advertising agencies in Michigan, and also for awhile here in Phoenix. I was also an editor. I edited Technical Manuals for tungsten carbide information so that the USSR could make drilling bits for diamonds and oil. I also did it for multimillion Ad Agencies for ads on TV and in newspapers/magazines. I got paid well. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Will chat with you soon.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:sigh: :angel: :singer: :cloud9: :angrymob:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All Daniel is doing is looking at the same data and "interpreting it differently", a process our creationists here have adamantly advocated.

If creationists can do it, why can't Daniel?

Dear Jose Fly,

Yes, Daniel is quite fun to read and comes up with some interesting ideas. I'm glad you feel the way you do. I know I am a Creationist and of that, I am certain. I believe that I am a YEC, but need to learn more about OEC. I believe God has every little bit He does in His Hands. He kept man from growing up too fast {mentally} with the Tower of Babel, where He confounded their languages, because they wanted to build a tower up to Heaven. So man has grown more slowly over the ages, yet in the past couple centuries, not so slowly. But, I guess things are going to change soon. It's only meant to be. I do hope you are on the winner's side (God's side).

God Bless You Dearly,

Michael

:guitar: :singer: :thumb: :angel: :cloud9: :thumb:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear All,

Does this sound interesting?! I wish I could have posted the photos.

CNET
Michael Franco
July 9, 2015
This article, Sun looks like a psychedelic marble in new NASA image, originally appeared on CNET.com.

Click on this link, and then type in 'psychedelic marble' in the search bar. Good Luck!! I have done it. www.yahoo.com/tech/s/sun-looks-psychedelic... for actual photos. Cooool!!

This new image of the sun was made by a powerhouse team of tech. NASA/JPL-Caltech/GSFC/JAXA

NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array has been orbiting our planet since its launch in 2012, mostly using its highly sensitive equipment to pick up the X-ray output of objects like black holes and supernovas, located thousands of light years from Earth. Sometimes, though, the NuSTAR space telescope is turned on a celestial object a lot closer to home -- our own sun -- and the results can be striking.

In this composite image released Wednesday by NASA, the data collected from NuSTAR has been combined with images from Japan's Hinode spacecraft and NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). NuSTAR captured high-energy X-rays, shown here in blue; Hinode captured low-energy X-rays, shown in green; and SDO grabbed images of extreme ultraviolet light, rendered here in yellow and red. NASA says all the images were taken around the same time on April 29.

Related stories:
•Watch a massive solar filament blaze out from the sun
•Five years of the sun in three minutes
•Flee from the sun at the speed of light in this humbling video
•Beautiful art glass marbles: Hold space in the palm of your hand

"What's great about NuSTAR is that the telescope is so versatile that we can hunt black holes millions of light-years away and we can also learn something fundamental about the star in our own back yard," Brian Grefenstette of the California Institute of Technology said in a statement. Grefenstette is an astronomer on the NuSTAR team.

Because its instrumentation is extremely sensitive, the telescope can't be used to study larger solar flares. But it is quite good at picking up smaller eruptions known as microflares that produce one-millionth the energy of larger flares.
This means that NuSTAR could help astronomers get a better understanding of the sun -- especially as it begins to enter a quieter period in its 11-year cycle called a solar minimum. It's possible that the telescope could help observers pick up hypothetical nanoflares -- eruptions that would be one-billionth the energy of regular flares and that could be a reason why the sun's atmosphere is hotter than previously thought. There's also a "slim chance" the telescope could detect a dark-matter particle called the axion.

"Dark matter is a mysterious substance in our universe that is about five times more abundant than the regular matter that makes up everyday objects and anything that gives off light," says NASA. "NuSTAR might be able to address this and other mysteries of the sun."

One week, one giant sunspot, six massive solar flares

Since October 19, an active region of the sun has been getting busy. Dubbed AR 12192, the region is the largest sunspot in 24 years -- and most certainly the largest of this solar cycle, which is currently at maximum.

In the space of a week, AR 12192 -- nearly 129,000 kilometres (80,000 miles) across, big enough for 10 Earths to be laid across its diameter -- has erupted in six massive flares. Five of these flares were X-class -- the biggest and most powerful class of solar flare. The accompanying coronal mass ejections -- clouds of electrified gas that explode from the blast site -- can cause geomagnetic storms and auroras.
END ARTICLE

Well, what did you think? I'm sure if you want the actual two pics, you can get them off of Google. I wasn't able to copy them. I didn't expect that, but was bummed when it happened. Well, will chat with you soon!!

In God's Best Wishes,

Michael

:guitar: :singer: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :rapture:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sure a lot of us can trace our roots to the UK. Mine are Scottish, 2nd gen CDN, with some Irish and English thrown in.
I do love traditional Scottish and English foods like Haggis, bangers and mash, kidney pie, etc...

I have a micro wave, so I heat.

:p

Dear Stan,

I know. I think it's highly interesting. But we were from England with a cesspool of Irish, Scottish, and Welsh in with the English. We came from there (the Puritans) to the U.S. Now we've got Indians or Canadian in our blood. No Spanish in me though, so that surprises me, though I can speak the language pretty well. I used to go Smelting in Canada. I just love it there, but EVERYTHING seems to cost twice as much as in the U.S. Sounds like you've got a basketful of heritage in your bloodline. Can you speak any French? And we are probably doused with Arab, Israeli, Russians, Turks, etc. Hey, hornier things have happened. Who did the missing last 10 tribes of Israel have sex with. TONS of people! Being horny knows no bounds at all. Spur of the minute, you know. Or long romances.

Hey Buddy! If you can microwave, you can make tons of things. I do it here all of the time. I am thinking of making Chicken Paprika on Saturday. Or I may make Buffalo Hot Chicken Thighs, and at worst, Lemon Pepper Chicken. It will be interesting to find out. Hey, what are bangers, and Kidney Pie, etc. I'm not too fond of trying out a stomach full of Oatmeal stuffed in stomach. Eeeeekkk!! No, Stan, I am sure it's probably good or else the recipe would never had carried down this far.

Well, I'd be run and head to bed. You have a wonderful Friday!! Enjoy yourself. Make it a fun day!!

Tons Of Love From God And Me!

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :cloud9:

Last edited:

DavisBJ

...I believe that I am a YEC, but need to learn more about OEC. ...
Michael, for my curiosity, just a clarification about your acceptance of YEC. When you started this thread several times you told of God making men, and then wiping them out, and doing it again and again, and finally making the Biblical Adam and Eve. How do you fit all of those previous creation/extinction events in a YEC timeline that starts shortly before Adam?

Status
Not open for further replies.