Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Dear Kdall,

Science just wants to feel important.

Michael

:think:

What?

Science has a need to feel important, according to you?

I think you are projecting your own sentiments on science. You seem to be the one who has a need to "feel important". With your book and claims about your visitations from angels and all.

:rotfl:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear Kdall,

And how do you know that it was dated with ten other methods? Science just wants to feel important.

Michael

Because the only way to scientifically verify anything that old is to have many different methods converge on the same answer. If they'd only used on method, then other scientists would pick the accuracy of the found date apart.

There are a few specific layers of rock that contain fosdils of animals that are only found in those layers. They went extinct before Jurassic rock layers were laid down, and therefore we only find them in the layers pertaining to the Triassic. And scientists have taken samples of Triassic rock layers from all over the world and the tests always determine that those layers are about 220-200 million years old, as do the tests on the fossils found within these Triassic layers

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again for the ever forgetful Michael, Genesis is not scientific text. Therefore, the six days must have a different purpose than reporting scientific detail. And what we do we see when we put that text into proper context with the rest of the Bible and empirical evidence? We see that the 6 days of work and 1 day of rest are a model set forth for humans to acknowledge God's creative power in them. A way in which we can meditate weekly (if not more frequently) on our place in this universe, which is to carry out God's will of progress. While at the same time humbling ourselves so that our ego is not in the way, blocking us from seeing reality clearly. But I am not surprised you missed that, nor will I be surprised when you forget this and ask me this all again.

You really are out of your mind. You think God did it {rested on one day} for an example for us? Yes, He did. But you're forgetting that He created everything the six days prior. That's what you won't acknowledge.

The Bible says what the Bible says. Not what you say it says.

No, God is not lying. You are just a dimwitted coward who cannot understand theology or science. And you want to make everyone else as dimwitted and cowardly as you.

I understand theology just fine. And how am I being a coward. You're grasping at straws again. Just say anything because you have to further yourself.

Moses and Jesus were both telling the truth. Both Moses and Jesus understood figurative speech and the purpose of the Sabbath.

No, that's not what Jesus and Moses thought. You were reflecting what they thought, eh? You get more ridiculous each time.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

What?

Science has a need to feel important, according to you?

I think you are projecting your own sentiments on science. You seem to be the one who has a need to "feel important". With your book and claims about your visitations from angels and all.

:rotfl:

No, that is not why I wrote the book. I'm not trying to feel important. I am shy to publicly speak, but that's about all. I still have told hundreds of people about my experiences. Don't forget my visit by the Lord.

Michael

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
You really are out of your mind. You think God did it {rested on one day} for an example for us? Yes, He did. But you're forgetting that He created everything the six days prior. That's what you won't acknowledge.

I understand theology just fine. And how am I being a coward. You're grasping at straws again. Just say anything because you have to further yourself.

No, that's not what Jesus and Moses thought. You were reflecting what they thought, eh? You get more ridiculous each time.

Michael

Jesus taught predominantly in parables. It would make perfect sense if He thought of Genesis parabolically, too. He taught almost exclusively to rural, uneducated people who needed the picture Jesus painted with parabolic language to grasp the concepts he was teaching

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus taught predominantly in parables. It would make perfect sense if He thought of Genesis parabolically, too. He taught almost exclusively to rural, uneducated people who needed the picture Jesus painted with parabolic language to grasp the concepts he was teaching

Dear Kdall,

So you know already what was in Jesus' mind eh?

Michael

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear Kdall,

So their fossils lasted 220 million years?! Give it a rest!!

Michael

Yes. There is mounds of evidence to support this, yet you reject it on the basis of.....nothing. You just don't like it. Too bad. Unfortunately we don't get to choose how nature is

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear Kdall,

So you know already what was in Jesus' mind eh?

Michael

Do you deny that he taught predominantly in parables? That's not mind reading on my part. Just examining his teaching methods, and also comes from the opinions of respected Biblical scholars and theologians

noguru

I understand theology just fine.

Well I know this is your claim. But I do not think the evidence supports your claim. Since you keep confusing science with theology.

And how am I being a coward.

You don't face reality squarely. You hide behind delusions, and are afraid to admit your delusions.

You're grasping at straws again.

Nah. I am just reporting reality accurately

Just say anything because you have to further yourself.

I have no interest in furthering myself in other's eyes on this sight. As you can see I am not intimidated by the fear of being banned here by people who are afraid of reality. I certainly do want to further myself in regard to progressing at the things I do in life.

My only commitment here is to report reality as accurately as is humanly possible. You should try that. If you were sincerely interested in reporting reality accurately you would humbly and honestly admit that your "visitation from angels" might have been just an illusion/hallucination.

Last edited:

everready

Yes. There is mounds of evidence to support this, yet you reject it on the basis of.....nothing. You just don't like it. Too bad. Unfortunately we don't get to choose how nature is

Mounds of real evidence to the contrary, want a example?

images

Progeria when something young grows old in a short period of time.

Josiah suffers from progeria, a genetic disease that causes accelerated aging in children. Its name, of Greek origin, means "prematurely old." Incurable, progeria is among the rarest diseases on Earth and affects roughly one in 4 million.

Dr. Colleen Walsh, who treats Josiah, said it was hard to tell how old his body is.

"About one year was equal to about 10 years," Walsh said. "Josiah's looking at being between an average 60- to 70-year-old."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Family/rare-disease-body-age-rapidly-stop-boy-playing/story?id=14029162

When sin entered Gods creation things went south in a hurry.

everready

noguru

Mounds of real evidence to the contrary, want a example?

images

Progeria when something young grows old in a short period of time.

Josiah suffers from progeria, a genetic disease that causes accelerated aging in children. Its name, of Greek origin, means "prematurely old." Incurable, progeria is among the rarest diseases on Earth and affects roughly one in 4 million.

Dr. Colleen Walsh, who treats Josiah, said it was hard to tell how old his body is.

"About one year was equal to about 10 years," Walsh said. "Josiah's looking at being between an average 60- to 70-year-old."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Family/rare-disease-body-age-rapidly-stop-boy-playing/story?id=14029162

When sin entered Gods creation things went south in a hurry.

everready

You are claiming that Progeria is evidence for what?

You think Adam and Eve had Progeria? Was that before or after they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Or are you just saying that disease and death is just evidence for the curse on mankind from Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Can you devise a formalized hypothesis that would falsify/verify your claim?

Josiah's full story in context.

Are you going to explain for what you think this is evidence?

You sincerely think the horrible affliction this child has is evidence for your model of origins over the currently accepted model?

everready

You are claiming that Progeria is evidence for what?

You think Adam and Eve had Progeria? Was that before or after they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Or are you just saying that disease and death is just evidence for the curse on mankind from Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Can you devise a formalized hypothesis that would falsify/verify your claim?

Science seems to think millions of years, this child aged in a short time, will science tell us that sin caused the universe to look old in similar fashion the way this child looks old, or maybe you don't understand what I'm getting at "looks are deceiving"

everready

noguru

Science seems to think millions of years, this child aged in a short time, will science tell us that sin caused the universe to look old in similar fashion the way this child looks old, or maybe you don't understand what I'm getting at "looks are deceiving"

everready

I agree that looks can be deceiving. That is why further investigation is always the best option. Do you think you might be deceived by what Genesis looks like to you? Have you done a thorough enough investigation of science to answer that?

You are the one who wants to make your YEC model part of science. If you want to do that then you should be able to submit your model for careful/rigorous investigation and analysis at the same level of scrutiny that the current model has undergone. Can you supply a model that can be investigated and analyzed with science?

We know, by using the scientific method, that Progeria is a genetic disorder/disease. We do not know, by using the scientific method, that sin is the cause of disease and physical death.

I don't think Progeria is your silver bullet.

everready

I agree that looks can be deceiving. That is why further investigation is always the best option. Do you think you might be deceived by what Genesis looks like to you? Have you done a thorough enough investigation of science to answer that?

Aside from believing in the 6 day creation I've been entertaining thoughts about sin being the root cause for the creation we see. In the beginning everything was good, nothing amiss things were perfect and God was exited with everything as it was, and then it happened, sin entered the picture and the instant it did everything was corrupted.

Man doesn't see things this way, because he was corrupted along with the rest of Gods creation, we're bankrupt, totally depraved, spiritual thinking isn't in our vocabulary, is this making sense to you?

everready

noguru

Aside from believing in the 6 day creation I've been entertaining thoughts about sin being the root cause for the creation we see. In the beginning everything was good, nothing amiss things were perfect and God was exited with everything as it was, and then it happened, sin entered the picture and the instant it did everything was corrupted.

Man doesn't see things this way, because he was corrupted along with the rest of Gods creation, we're bankrupt, totally depraved, spiritual thinking isn't in our vocabulary, is this making sense to you?

everready

It makes sense. I have heard it all before. But making sense does not mean it is accurate. I am asking you to support your claims with evidence, or is that too much to ask?

Have you ever considered that maybe your view of this is all wrong?

So I guess we will get no real answers from you, just more obfuscation.

Status
Not open for further replies.