Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

everready

Again, you are looking to theological text to answer scientific questions. That is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't expect that you will see or admit your error, because that is exactly why incompetent people like you take up the claim of being Christian. This way you do not have to face your own ineptitude. When challenged on your errors, you can always say "Well I believe in God." to compensate for your lack of aptitude.

I'm looking to God the creator of all things.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm looking to God the creator of all things.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

everready

Dear everready,

Wonderful POST!!! I will make sure noguru knows about this post 2morrow. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

God's Best For You!!

Michael

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bible also refers to the "four corners" of the earth. Is this to be taken literal as well, or is it a figure of speech? Teachings of the Bible are subject to human interpretation. And while most (all, I would argue) Christians believe that their worldview comes from the bible, it is usually their worldview influencing their interpretation of the Bible. This is very clearly seen by the sheer number of denominations and belief systems that exist within Christianity. It is why two individuals can look at the same text and come to different conclusions. The Bible isn't a scientific textbook nor should it be treated by such even by those with faith in the authenticity of it. Even if you believe it was God breathing words through these men, it is clear that God glossed over a few minor details -- like all of the current scientific understanding of the universe -- and instead focused on a story that could be understood by these men whose knowledge of the physical world was hopelessly inchoate.
The Bible says "six days." Pretending that is compatible with "billions of years" is a sign of dementia.

We have good reasons to explain why "four corners" is not a literal description. If you have good reason for "six days" not being literal, we are all ears.

Oh, and hi Johnny. Long time. :wave:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear everready,

Wonderful POST!!! I will make sure noguru knows about this post 2morrow. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

God's Best For You!!

Michael

Michael, for this subject, it wasn't a good post. Not at all. As has been mentioned zillions of times now, the Bible is not an accurate science book, and verses from it don't accurately describe how the world works. This thread is supposed to be a scientific discussion. The only problem is that one side (guess which one) keeps citing the Bible as scientific evidence or as a self-evidently inerrant authority on everything, and that's preposterous

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Michael, for this subject, it wasn't a good post. Not at all. As has been mentioned zillions of times now, the Bible is not an accurate science book, and verses from it don't accurately describe how the world works. This thread is supposed to be a scientific discussion. The only problem is that one side (guess which one) keeps citing the Bible as scientific evidence or as a self-evidently inerrant authority on everything, and that's preposterous

crazy huh ? -

Colossians 1:16 KJV -

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
crazy huh ? -

Colossians 1:16 KJV -

Even if we assumed (incorrectly) that the Bible was inerrant, the verse you just posted, along with every other Biblical verse, does nothing to explain how creation occurred. The only real description of creation are the two conflicting chronologies of animal/human creation and the phrase "spread out the heavens," the latter of which could be seen as referring to the Big Bang. Anyone who thinks that their interpretation (or ANY interpretation) of scripture has scientific authority over tested and observed science is basing their entire worldview on unproven dogma.

I asked Stan this, and he put me on ignore so that he wouldn't have to answer. If anyone here can answer, be my guest:
For those of you who think that the Bible is inerrant, how do you know that it's more reliable than the Quran? Hardcore fundamentalist Muslims think that the Quran is inerrant, but not the Bible. How do you know that you are right and they are wrong?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Another thing I'd like a young Earther to explain to me is why whales have fingerbones in their fins. Five fingers, just like your hand. Bats have them too, and the skin stretched between them makes up their wings

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

Thanks for posting these links! I don't know how you find these things, but I'm glad you did.

Praise God!!

Michael

LOL...it's called Google Michael, but thanks. The WWW is full of GOOD as well as BAD knowledge, really when it comes to the truth of scripture, there is NOTHING new under God's universe.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Kdall,

When it comes to evolutionary science and the Bible, there is no contest!! I go with what God says on that one. You choose not to. That is the difference between two Christians. I never purposed this thread to be a 'scientific discussion.' I purposed it to mean that Creation is true and evolution isn't. That's what it's about.

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Even if we assumed (incorrectly) that the Bible was inerrant, the verse you just posted, along with every other Biblical verse, does nothing to explain how creation occurred. The only real description of creation are the two conflicting chronologies of animal/human creation and the phrase "spread out the heavens," the latter of which could be seen as referring to the Big Bang. Anyone who thinks that their interpretation (or ANY interpretation) of scripture has scientific authority over tested and observed science is basing their entire worldview on unproven dogma.

I asked Stan this, and he put me on ignore so that he wouldn't have to answer. If anyone here can answer, be my guest:
For those of you who think that the Bible is inerrant, how do you know that it's more reliable than the Quran? Hardcore fundamentalist Muslims think that the Quran is inerrant, but not the Bible. How do you know that you are right and they are wrong?

Because the Lord Jesus visited me. Scoff if you want to. You'll find out soon enough. The Qur'an doesn't believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Bible does. The Bible also says that Jesus is One with God. That's the difference.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another thing I'd like a young Earther to explain to me is why whales have fingerbones in their fins. Five fingers, just like your hand. Bats have them too, and the skin stretched between them makes up their wings

Dear Kdall,

God created them that way!! What, do you think they are our ancestors because of that???!!

Michael

:wazzup:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Dear Kdall,

God created them that way!! What, do you think they are our ancestors because of that???!!

Michael

:wazzup:

No Michael. It means that they and us, and all mammals, share a common mammalian ancestor that lived millions of years ago. When the dinosaurs died out, it left holes in the biosphere that small mammals took advantage of, and with the lack of dinosaurs to prey on them, they thrived and speciated to fill the various empty niches left behind by the dinosaurs' absence.

The extant land animals that whales are most closely related to are sheep and hippos, and they all share the same ancestor, Andrewsarchus, which was a terrestrial wolf-like predator with proto-hooves.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL...it's called Google Michael, but thanks. The WWW is full of GOOD as well as BAD knowledge, really when it comes to the truth of scripture, there is NOTHING new under God's universe.

Thanks StanJ. I don't know how to use it very well yet. I still don't know everything this TOL website can do yet either, but I am learning. You're in for a surprise. It has many excellent features, to be honest! Keep on posting.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.