Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Did you get my message that the evening and the morning count as one-half a day, or 12 hours. Evening to evening would be 24-hours. I thought I would mention it here too.

Or it could mean "forever" or "years" or any number of other things. The problem for YE creationism, is "24 hour day" is logically absurd if there's no sun to have a morning or evening.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Barbarian,

Yes, I'm wrong! It does say there was a day and a night, a morning and an evening. 6days helped me realize that. So, never mind! Roseanna DannaDanna. (Gilda Radner). At least, I can always admit when I'm wrong.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

It's been awhile, chap!! Hope that all is going well with you these days. I will PM you in a bit. Well, I almost thought we had 12-hour days 6,000 years ago, but I was wrong. If you read the posts above this one, you'll know. It sure seems like I'm right, but it also could be the other. But I suppose more sense goes to it being 24-hour days. It's always something!

We had an ideal day today. Might get rain 2morrow, but probably not much. How about you? Do you get fog at this time of year?? I haven't the foggiest!! Heeeeheeeeehee! I didn't know I made a joke until it just came out. Oh, okay. Stay on topic. Sure!

Alwight, you and Hedshaker, and noguru, etc. need some guidelines for when, not IF, He returns again. The first thing to do is don't start beating up on yourself for not believing in Him, and don't be ashamed. Just go to Him, calling out His name. Ask Him to forgive you. You should know what to do when the time comes. I'm just trying to give you the basics. He knows that I favor you three, so I am praying for you all. It's all up to you all and I think you'll be okay. Remember, this determines your eternal forever future. It doesn't have to be bleak. Isn't it better to believe and love God, and you find out when you die that He IS There? And if He isn't there and there is no God to love, what harm have you done to yourselves? You just croak. Think about it.

Cheerio, Mate!!

Michael

alwight

Michael,
I tend to think that you are simply someone who is living in a private fantasy realm, as divorced from reality as possible.
When He doesn't return this year I suspect it will come as a great disappointment to you that will hurt you very much, so please do try to provide for that possibility.

350,000 million years ago, evidence suggests that there were only 23 hours in a day and that the moon was closer than now. I don't know that since I wasn't there but it seems likely to be true.
You otoh haven't experienced the end of the world, no one has, but I'm sure that things will simply come to a close naturally in time, probably a long time into the future, long after we have all very naturally gone, to never return. :plain:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael,
I tend to think that you are simply someone who is living in a private fantasy realm, as divorced from reality as possible.
When He doesn't return this year I suspect it will come as a great disappointment to you that will hurt you very much, so please do try to provide for that possibility.

Dear alwight,

There are millions of Christians who do believe in Jesus Returning again. And they look forward to it. And it can surely happen before the end of the year, as I was told to tell you all. I know it sounds delusional, but so did Noah to his neighbors. If He doesn't return this year, yes, it will be a disappointment, but it won't hurt me very much. And thank you, I am able to provide for that possibility. Al, why are there tons of people who do believe He is returning. I know many of them would like to live their entire lifetime first, but there are still many of us who would look forward to having His return before then, of course. I can't help what I've been told and normally I would not even say a word about it, but I do it for those who are in despair or depression, or those who wonder what they are on Earth for. They have an entire eternal life yet to live and they will like the work and the personal time. And flying without having an earthly body to hinder them. Their spirit or energy will be free from the constraints of the body and their souls will get to visit awesome places. It is written in Daniel 12:3KJV. Please see it if you have a Bible.

350,000 million years ago, evidence suggests that there were only 23 hours in a day and that the moon was closer than now. I don't know that since I wasn't there but it seems likely to be true.
You otoh haven't experienced the end of the world, no one has, but I'm sure that things will simply come to a close naturally in time, probably a long time into the future, long after we have all very naturally gone, to never return. :plain:

Wow, alwight, I'm surprised by your post. Of course I haven't experienced the end of the world and no one has. It hasn't come yet. Plus it will not be an entire end. One-third of the people shall live through it and they shall worship God and take a hold of the skirt of a Jew and say 'Teach us thy precepts, for we have heard that God is with you.' Alwight, there is so MUCH you don't know yet. Millions of people have and they will be like the angels in heaven. And their work shall be like the angels. Hey, I will always love you in spite of your inability to have faith in what you cannot see yet or know now. Millions of people can't be wrong.

God's Great Blessings For You!!

Michael

Last edited:

alwight

Michael there is physical evidence to support a belief in 23 hour days in the past because it remains after the event, but that isn't true about Jesus returning this or any other future year. People will believe what they will of course and who knows perhaps it will happen despite my doubts, but to believe it actually will is nevertheless irrational wishful thinking. :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael there is physical evidence to support a belief in 23 hour days in the past because it remains after the event, but that isn't true about Jesus returning this or any other future year. People will believe what they will of course and who knows perhaps it will happen despite my doubts, but to believe it actually will is nevertheless irrational wishful thinking. :)

Dear alwight,

Of course there is no or little evidence that Jesus will return soon. Some of the only evidence we have is the written word...the Bible. Also word of mouth through our descendants. I don't expect you to react and feel any way than you do because you're not full of too much faith. It does take extreme faith to believe me. I don't know if there are any who could stand with me through thick and thin. Just God. So don't feel bad. I'm just trying to give you some important info in case you need it in the future.

Hey, Mate, what are fish and chips? Are they breaded cod and some kind of French Fries? No. I don't know enough about the chips. I'm not even sure enough about the fish. I made Cod last night for dinner. I was going to dredge it in flour and salt, and then deep fry it, but I decided to cook it in white wine {Chablis}. It turned out delicious and so did the Tater Tots. Had hamburgers today w/mayo. 2morrow, having Lobster Tails again. It's been 3 mos. or more since I've had those. That's money I could be giving to the needy, poor, so I only splurge once in a while. I do have some charities that I tend to when I can. OK! I'm suppose to keep to the subject. I forget sometimes. How are the rings on Saturn? Expensive? I'm joking!!

May Much Good Come To You, Alwight!!

Michael

:luigi:

:) :think:

6days

The problem for YE creationism, is "24 hour day" is logically absurd if there's no sun to have a morning or evening.
A long time ago, God told a man that an army of 135,000 could be defeated by 300 guys breaking their water pitchers.
It was logically absurd, but Gideon believed what God had told him.

You can read this story in Judges 6-8. God often calls us to believe things the world calls absurd. The world also thinks its absurd that the Creator of the universe would love someone like me so much that He took on human flesh, suffering at Calvary for me... Amazing love... absurd? But I know its true.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
The problem for YE creationism, is "24 hour day" is logically absurd if there's no sun to have a morning or evening.

A long time ago, God told a man that an army of 135,000 could be defeated by 300 guys breaking their water pitchers.

I think it's an error to try to paper over the flaws in your new doctrine by invoking unscriptural miracles.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear The Barbarian,

You have a lot of nerve condescending the army of Gideon considering you are supposed to be Catholic. Why would you do this? Do you think the scriptures are untrue? Do you think you can pick which scriptures are true and which are not? If it weren't true, wouldn't Jesus have told us? Jesus could tell us what in the Bible was true or false? Jesus never said that the Flood wasn't over the entire Earth, or that God created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th. He must have had His reasons, I guess, The Barbarian. I'm not trying to be mean or anything. Just shocked because you are a Christian too and you have access to the scriptures the same as we do. How can being a Catholic be so different than Christian? What are the differences??

May God Guide You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was logically absurd, but Gideon believed what God had told him.

You can read this story in Judges 6-8. God often calls us to believe things the world calls absurd. The world also thinks its absurd that the Creator of the universe would love someone like me so much that He took on human flesh, suffering at Calvary for me... Amazing love... absurd? But I know its true.

Good for you, 6days!! Thanks so much for posting!! Incredible Love it took for the Lord to endure what He did for us. And look what He did for Joshua at Jericho. Same thing almost as Gideon. God is able to do awesome miracles when He wants to. Much less create a Universe and Earth for us. And making an intricately designed creature, such as man, to be able to exist. Look at the incredible lengths of our nervous system and our digestive system. It would not seem to be needed, but even the animals have similar conditions.

Hey, 6days, my sister Diana, has quit being a vegan and was told by the doctor that she had to do it so she would get more protein. So we're having a barbeque next weekend at her home. Hamburgers. I told her that even Jesus ate fish. She does not want much pork, except maybe pulled pork sandwiches. She may enjoy ham too. I will talk with her about it. She's been a vegan for over 30 years.

OK, you take good care, 6days, and once again, thanks for posting!!

For Your Joy At His Second Coming, God Speed!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To Anyone Who Doesn't Believe In God:

The total length of our circulatory system stretches an amazing 60,000 miles. That is more than twice the distance around the Earth. I believe that includes our nervous system.

Do you actually think that we just happened, or is there a higher power, called God?

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I sure could use your help here. I am not trying to scare everyone away. Am I? I don't mean to. I'm just trying to tell you all that God is really there and how great God is, not you, of course, 6days. I know you already know. Same with Stripe.!!

Forgive Me, If I'm Overdoing It, All Of You!!

Michael

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You have a lot of nerve condescending the army of Gideon considering you are supposed to be Catholic.

I'm just pointing out that there's a big difference between miracles God shows us, and miracles people dream up to make their new doctrines work. The former are real; the latter are not. I make a distinction between the two.

Why would you do this?

Proverbs 30:6 Add not any thing to his words, lest thou be reproved, and found a liar:

Do you think the scriptures are untrue?

I think inventing new scripture to paper over flaws in one's doctrines is unwise.

Do you think you can pick which scriptures are true and which are not?

Here's a trick for knowing; the true ones are actually in the Bible.

How can being a Catholic be so different than Christian?

If you follow Him, they are the same thing.

alwight

Dear alwight,

Of course there is no or little evidence that Jesus will return soon. Some of the only evidence we have is the written word...the Bible. Also word of mouth through our descendants. I don't expect you to react and feel any way than you do because you're not full of too much faith. It does take extreme faith to believe me. I don't know if there are any who could stand with me through thick and thin. Just God. So don't feel bad. I'm just trying to give you some important info in case you need it in the future.
Hi Michael,
What I put my faith in is based in evidence not simply faith itself. I have faith that my car will start next time and that the brakes will work because that kind of faith has foundation in what I have already experienced before and in my confidence that it is mechanically sound. I don't do your kind of faith, unless perhaps an angel came to me too. ;)

Hey, Mate, what are fish and chips? Are they breaded cod and some kind of French Fries? No. I don't know enough about the chips. I'm not even sure enough about the fish. I made Cod last night for dinner. I was going to dredge it in flour and salt, and then deep fry it, but I decided to cook it in white wine {Chablis}. It turned out delicious and so did the Tater Tots. Had hamburgers today w/mayo. 2morrow, having Lobster Tails again. It's been 3 mos. or more since I've had those. That's money I could be giving to the needy, poor, so I only splurge once in a while. I do have some charities that I tend to when I can. OK! I'm suppose to keep to the subject. I forget sometimes. How are the rings on Saturn? Expensive? I'm joking!!

May Much Good Come To You, Alwight!!

Michael

:luigi:

:) :think:
Ah, Fish and Chips. :chew:
When I was a boy there was indeed plenty of fish in the sea, but sadly not so much today.
Cod and Haddock was plentiful and cheap compared to other food. We don't live in a magical world, we live in a world governed by the natural laws of physics and evidence.
If we take all the fish out of the sea then there will be none in the future.
Never mind stories of loaves and fishes, that was just a story. :nono:

"Fish and chips" is fried battered fish and fried chips of potato. What Americans call "chips" we call "crisps", thin slices of potato, which are not chips!

Americans then are clearly wrong to call "crisps", "chips", and there is no need to call "chips", "fries", "chips" are "chips", "crisps" are "crisps", get rational Americans! :IA:

DavisBJ

To Anyone Who Doesn't Believe In God:

The total length of our circulatory system stretches an amazing 60,000 miles. That is more than twice the distance around the Earth. I believe that includes our nervous system.

Do you actually think that we just happened, or is there a higher power, called God?

Michael
Michael, finding something that amazes you, and presenting that as a reason to conclude there must be a God is a miserably weak, and dangerous, argument.

6days

DavisBJ said:
Michael, finding something that amazes you, and presenting that as a reason to conclude there must be a God is a miserably weak, and dangerous, argument.
However, finding things that amaze can help us partially understand, and better worship our Creator... when we accept His Word as the foundation of our beliefs. (Design of our hearts, complexity in the cell, fine tuned universe etc)

DavisBJ

However, finding things that amaze can help us partially understand, and better worship our Creator... when we accept His Word as the foundation of our beliefs. (Design of our hearts, complexity in the cell, fine tuned universe etc)
I think you are simply stating the essence of what Michael said in your own words. I agree with very little of what you said.

What you label as "our Creator" is just a mental construct that gives you some emotional crutch you rely on. "His Word" (aka the Bible) is a collection of tribal religious and creation legends from a scientifically ignorant ancient nomadic people. As for the few amazing things you enumerate, science has made great strides in understanding how they came about sans God.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There's something we can test: Show us something we understand about how life came to be.

Interesting question. So Stipe, what do you think is the most absolutely essential thing for cellular life as we know it, to exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.