Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old man

The fact that only AIG, ICR, and a bunch of youtube channels with overtly biased names and associated videos are the ONLY sources of information that exist in support of YEC, one has to ask themselves, how much more obvious could the 'Bible is perfect' fallacy be?

The video pertains to the creation as written in Gen.1:2 second half, and also the original, "...And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of (the already created waters) the waters." not the earth of "In the beginning..." which had become void and without form.

The proper rendering of the first part of Gen.1:2 should read "And the earth became void and without form...:

The created earth before it became void and without form refers to the dateless past and gives scope for all the geologic ages.

Jer.4:23-26, Isa.24:1 and 45:18 clearly indicates that the earth had undergone a cataclysmic change as the result of such a catastrophe.

In the beginning when God created the earth, Job38:4-7 - "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

The destruction of the earth as first created was the result of divine judgment (Isa.14:12-21 and Ezk.28:11-19) and is the age of which the fossils are relegated to, dinosaurs, etc. (Man is never found in a fossil state)

YEC, no, the earth was by no means young when God decided to renew (recreate) it and bring forth life and all that we see today.

It should be instead, OER, Old (dateless old) Earth Recreated

So the Word of God IS perfect and infallible.

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
The video pertains to the creation as written in Gen.1:2 second half, and also the original, "...And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of (the already created waters) the waters." not the earth of "In the beginning..." which had become void and without form.

The proper rendering of the first part of Gen.1:2 should read "And the earth became void and without form...:

The created earth before it became void and without form refers to the dateless past and gives scope for all the geologic ages.

Jer.4:23-26, Isa.24:1 and 45:18 clearly indicates that the earth had undergone a cataclysmic change as the result of such a catastrophe.

In the beginning when God created the earth, Job38:4-7 - "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

The destruction of the earth as first created was the result of divine judgment (Isa.14:12-21 and Ezk.28:11-19) and is the age of which the fossils are relegated to, dinosaurs, etc. (Man is never found in a fossil state)

YEC, no, the earth was by no means young when God decided to renew (recreate) it and bring forth life and all that we see today.

How old do you think dinosaur fossils are?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a long watch (1:25 hr.) but it is one of the best I have seen. Very educational.

"Science Proves Creation"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVt4lDSPeY

Dear Old man,

Hi Pal!! Thanks so much for visiting and posting!! Since you give it such a good recommendation, I will do my best to check it out when I have 1.25 hrs. to spare. I will write the Post # down so that I can find it again easily. Can't wait. Probably sometime this weekend. Like on my Sabbath (Saturday). God Be With You. I must get going now and will have to answer the rest of these posts in a few hours.

Michael

:patrol:

:angel:

Old man

How old do you think dinosaur fossils are?

As I said, the age remains dateless according to the Scriptures, if it were important and had anything to do with our salvation God would have let us know.

And I have no problem with the scientists method of carbon dating, for all I know it is accurate. We do not know how many millions or billions of years ago God first created the heavens and the earth upon which we live as described in Job 38:4-7

I have read from various sources that when Lucifer first started going bad and attempted to ascend (from the earth) to heaven and take over that he was in his perverted nature the source of the age of the dinosaurs.

We should keep in mind that satan also has powers as when he sent the "wind" to kill all of Job's children, killed all of Job's flocks of livestock, cause boils on him, etc. As God told him, "...Behold, all that he has is in your power; only upon himself put not forth your hand." Job 1:12

And in Job 2:6, "And the Lord said unto satan, Behold, he is in your hand ; but save his life."

According to that Scripture satan even has the power over life and death and only by the saving grace and power of God are we protected from him.

Got to rambling on a bit there but that is my answer to your question.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Old Man,

Satan has no power except that which is what God allows. This is why Jesus said, "Thou could have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above; therefore he that delivered me to thee hath the greater sin." See John 19:11. What do you make of this, Old Man? Thanks!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Old Man,

I might believe some of this, but I have to think about it and study it. It was my first premise when I joined here. That the Lord had made man more than once. And that the earth was annihilated, and afterward Adam was formed from the ground.

What you say is only a bit different than what I used to post. It might be the missing link that I needed.

For A Special Lord,

Michael

:patrol:

:angel:

Old man

Dear Old Man,

Satan has no power except that which is what God allows. This is why Jesus said, "Thou could have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above; therefore he that delivered me to thee hath the greater sin." See John 19:11. What do you make of this, Old Man? Thanks!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

It was Judas who followed satan's directions, he didn't have to. The Father had to remove His protection from Jesus because His life had to be given for our sin. For He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.

When one thinks of how the Father must have felt when He had to watch His only Son go through as described in Ps.22:1-21 and not lift a finger to help or stop it is beyond my comprehensen, I can not even imagine what restraint (and love for mankind) the Father must have had knowing He had the power to stop it.

I couldn't and know of no parent who could watch their only son, being completely innocent go through as Jesus did and do nothing but watch while having the total power to stop it, do you?

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
As I said, the age remains dateless according to the Scriptures, if it were important and had anything to do with our salvation God would have let us know.

And I have no problem with the scientists method of carbon dating, for all I know it is accurate. We do not know how many millions or billions of years ago God first created the heavens and the earth upon which we live as described in Job 38:4-7

I have read from various sources that when Lucifer first started going bad and attempted to ascend (from the earth) to heaven and take over that he was in his perverted nature the source of the age of the dinosaurs.

We should keep in mind that satan also has powers as when he sent the "wind" to kill all of Job's children, killed all of Job's flocks of livestock, cause boils on him, etc. As God told him, "...Behold, all that he has is in your power; only upon himself put not forth your hand." Job 1:12

And in Job 2:6, "And the Lord said unto satan, Behold, he is in your hand ; but save his life."

According to that Scripture satan even has the power over life and death and only by the saving grace and power of God are we protected from him.

Got to rambling on a bit there but that is my answer to your question.

Well if you have no issues with carbon dating proving the minimum dinosaur fossil age being 65 million years then we're in agreement

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Dennyg1,

Hi Dude!! How's it going? I know what you are saying, but I must also say that tortoises, crocodiles, armadillos, horned toads, bearded dragons, etc. are from the age of the dinosaurs and are still alive today. Mostly likely, roaches too. What do you think? Does this sound right to you?

Michael

Dennyg1

BANNED
Banned
Dear Dennyg1,

Hi Dude!! How's it going? I know what you are saying, but I must also say that tortoises, crocodiles, armadillos, horned toads, bearded dragons, etc. are from the age of the dinosaurs and are still alive today. Mostly likely, roaches too. What do you think? Does this sound right to you?

Michael

Hello Michael.

Even though I am going to point out why your statement is wrong, it is very nice to talk to a friendly ToLer like yourself instead of the hostile ones. Thanks for following the Bible's teachings when someone disagrees with you instead of losing your head like so many do.

Not sure about horned toads and bearded dragons specifically, but lizards and types of the all other animals you listed above did exist then except armadillos. The only mammals around then were small shrew-like animals. They never got bigger because the carnivorous dinosaurs dominated the landscape. In the immediate several million years following the extinction of dinosaurs, the fossil record shows an explosion of mammal variety and size changes.

The crocodiles are especially unique because even though some bigger species (like the 40 foot Sarcosuchus) died out, most species today look close to exactly as they did then.

A massive piece of evidence for evolution actually comes from some well preserved dinosaur skeletons. Some raptor species have feathers on them. And several smaller ones have both feathers and beaks, only the beaks have teeth in them. All birds alive today share the same unique hip structure as therapod (two-legged and meat-eating) dinosaurs did, so it's thought that birds arose from crearures like Archaeopteryx http://www.livescience.com/24745-archaeopteryx.html

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Dennyg1,

You are such a prize!! Thank you for appreciating me. I feel the same towards you. I do believe everything you say about your post. I figure you know what you are talking about and have checked out references of study. Yep, some of the animals I mentioned might not have been back there during the dinosaurs' age. I was just trying to figure out the different ones. Now, Denny, I also think that the elephant is like a woolly mammoth. Were they around when the dinosaurs were here on Earth? How about earthworms? And caterpillars? I don't know everything and figure I WILL find out more when the Lord comes and I can ask. He will already know what I want to ask Him. As I type this, I know there are angels in the room guiding me. Well, I love you as a friend, so don't forget it!! It's wonderful to know there are good people like you out there! Are you banned? I'm sorry for you. It won't last long, most likely.

May God's Angels Watch Over You And Guide You, Too!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is from a post on a thread belonging to Telestai:

Dear lifeisgood,

You and genuineoriginal are both wrong about interpreting the book of Daniel. I'm not planning on going into it tonight, at least, but I will tell you the meaning of the book of Daniel. Just don't go lying to someone until you change your story. Both of you are trying to interpret it with your own thinking, not with an angel revealing it to you. But it's a lot to go into to explain it all just like that, so I will wait a bit. I will tell you that in Dan. 12:3, it says that our spirit and souls shall pop out of our bodies, and we will be as the stars and shine like the brightness of Heaven, and as the stars, forever and ever. And we shall be able to travel quickly, because we won't have our earthly bodies anymore to hold us down. We shall be like the angels, but we won't be The angels. We shall be servants of God and do the same work as the angels. So it is going to be quite wonderful. And if God lets you, your spirit can travel to Saturn, and check out those rings, or go to Venus, and see what is underneath all of those thick lethal clouds. You're not going to regret that you've chosen Christ as your Savior. Everlasting Life will not be boring as you'd think, for there is an entire Universe to explore. And you can move extremely fast, because you're like the angels and can fly. No legs to hinder you. Well, I should get going. Chat with you soon.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

How are you doing amigo?? Hope that all is well. I'm still YEC, but I have some issues that I'm going through still. I must pray to God, or just wait until I see Him to ask Him or Jesus. Just wondering when He made the dinosaurs. Don't know how to reconcile it to when He created man. What are your feelings about it? Dennyg1 is pretty cool. I wonder why he is banned. Hope it doesn't last much longer. Well, will wait to hear from you. I will write more next time.

Much Love, Brother!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.