Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact I love all people does not mean I have to approve of all behaviors. It is pretty simple Michael, I am sorry that confuses you.

Dear noguru,

No, I'm not confused at all, noguru. I love all people also, even though few have ways I hate. I just hate their ways instead of not loving them. That is how I've felt most of my life, since I learned about Jesus when I was 11 years old.

Michael

:patrol:

:angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

I do hope you can see how wrong noguru is. I try to treat everyone the way I want to be treated and I don't hate them. There's a lot of good points that almost everyone has. So it is a joy learning about each person and see what they like and don't, and what their views are about art, music, food, even just life. I do have atheists friends who are very personable and I find them also very unique and interesting. I can't help it if they don't believe in God. I'm not going to force-feed my God down their throats. Some are not ready for God to be in their lives, or He would be. I'm just saying, Evolution is a really big mistake that some believe in. I will explain it in my next post to Alwight. Will get back with you soon!

God's Best For You This Week And Always,

Michael

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear patrick jane,

I do hope you can see how wrong noguru is. I try to treat everyone the way I want to be treated and I don't hate them. There's a lot of good points that almost everyone has. So it is a joy learning about each person and see what they like and don't, and what their views are about art, music, food, even just life. I do have atheists friends who are very personable and I find them also very unique and interesting. I can't help it if they don't believe in God. I'm not going to force-feed my God down their throats. Some are not ready for God to be in their lives, or He would be. I'm just saying, Evolution is a really big mistake that some believe in. I will explain it in my next post to Alwight. Will get back with you soon!

God's Best For You This Week And Always,

Michael

did you get noguru banned ? :patrol:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

I had to ask you the following questions. If evolution is true, why don't we find instances of chimps in the process of morphing into man. Why not Neanderthals morphing into Australopithecus africanus. If it happened at some time in the past, it should be observable now and for a long time now, not only in a person's month, or year, or lifetime, or for the past 6,000 years?? Don't you get what the question is? Don't you see the whole story?? If it happens, it would be happening now visible to all of the rest of us. I'll tell you why! Because the Lord God created man once in His Image years ago! And He created monkeys, chimps, apes, neanderthals, lions, cougars, panthers, saber-tooth tigers, tigers, leopards, mammoths, elephants, buffalo, bison, cows, chickens, roosters, crows, robins, goldfish, whales, sharks, porpoises, I don't want to go on, B. Enough said.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
did you get noguru banned ? :patrol:

Dear patrick jane,

No, of course I didn't get noguru banned. I wouldn't do that to anybody. He got banned because in some other post, he called someone a slimy, something-or-other. I can't remember which thread or post, or much of any of it. They don't like it when you attack each other here if you overdo it. It's hard to explain PJ!! Well, listen, I've got to start answering some of these threads. I'll talk with you in a bit!!

Praise Jesus!!

Michael

:cheers:

:patrol:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

I'll be back on later, probably in 3 hours. I don't have to make dinner 2nite, so that's really cool. I'm the chef. I made some delicious 15-bean soup. Tomorrow, NY Strip Steaks. Yippee!

Now if evolution were true, we would see man and animals in various stages of change during our lives or within the last 7,000 years. We should be having chimps in the process or stage of changing. If they did it long ago (changed into people), why wouldn't they be changing now also?? This goes for all the animals. Well, I'll explain more in detail soon.

You Enjoy Your Life, Patrick. It's going to last A LONG TIME!!

Michael

:cheers:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

I PMed you, and told you that I left a new message/post to you on this thread. Now, that I've come here, I see this is not the right thread. Try your new thread called, "Threads," or try MarkS thread called "Modern Animals, etc." I think it may be on one of those two. Thanks patrick jane!!

Godspeed,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On this Thread, See Post #7186 re this Post!

January 12th, 2015, 09:30 PM;
Copy of another post re Modern Form Of Animals...Dinosaurs by MarkS.
See Post #447; Pg. 30

Quote: The Barbarian

Even a 6th grade science students knows that's stupid and contrary to evolutionary theory. Populations evolve, not individuals. And of course, chimps are evolved in a different direction than humans from a common ancestor. So they wouldn't evolve into us.

Quote: Michael
You are mistaken Barbarian. Individuals are part of their 'populations', so then they would evidently 'evolve' as you would say. You don't know what you are talking about at all, dude. Which animal/neanderthal/homo sapien are we descendants of, and why don't we see instances constantly of this phenomena and stages of this happening. Same question as with the chimp above. What don't we see many indeed right before our very eyes? Especially after one week, or year, or lifetime, or 7,000 years. Just leave it be dude! It doesn't fly!

For one thing, too big. Another, no forests to speak of in ice age Europe. Depending on fruit for much of the year would have been impossible. You've confused orthogenesis (which rarely happens, if at all) with evolution as it is.

No, Bee, too big doesn't cut it. Neither does your lack of forests or fruit. They would just exist somewhere else!! Didn't God say to the animals to eat the fruit and vegetation that He had provided for them? Do you think He was playing a terrible trick on them all? Even if your premise even could apply to one animal, does this apply to all of the other created animals and humans?

For example, in the past several thousand years, Tibetans have evolved a series of adaptations for living at high altitudes.

Oh, really Barbee, how do you know what the Tibetans have done in the past several thousands years? Were you there?? Was Darwin there? I'm not trusting your ways of dating objects or fossils anymore. You don't even KNOW if man was alive several thousand years ago, much less Tibetans. I don't care about your supposed predated truth. Don't you know that any adapting by the Tibetans was done by the Hands of God, whether is means changing a genomn, or DNA, or atoms, or whatever.

It's "Does Mark dream up this dreck when he's toking, or is he really that stupid?"

Barbarian, these are facts that I brought up to Mark way before he brought them up to you. I've known them for a long time. For years now. Have you ever read the book I've written?? If you want to, let me know. Mark is very far from stupid. He's awesome. But what is your excuse? Why do you want to take the Creation story from God when you are a Catholic/Christian?? There are details of course, but that would take more time to explain. I can say that God can create a Universe and a host of Heaven, and stars that are seemingly old, and creatures also that 'seem' older than 7,000 years ago, just to test Adam's future 'descendants' on where their loyalty lies. Do you not know that God is still creating the Universe as we speak. Is our Universe newer here now, in our galaxy, or newer in another galaxy eons of light-years away. You can see how He created Adam as a man instead of a baby. And the animals as not babies, but older creatures. He created the chicken and rooster and when He created them, He made them able to have eggs. So if ever want to know what was created first, the chicken or the egg, you know now. You trouble your mind with things that are of this world instead of settling for the story of God's Creation. Whatever God wants you to know, He will tell you when we meet our maker, Barbarian. Otherwise, you are all quite possibly blaspheming Him unknowingly. And of MarkS, I have only very high admiration for him and 6days. They know the truth a lot more than you do. They are both very wise and I am in awe to be in their company.

Like those lizards in the Adriatic that evolved a new digestive organ in a couple of decades?

Do you think God has a nose? Jesus says spirits don't have a body. And He says God is a spirit. Maybe you should find out what that "image" means.

You're going to have to give me more scientific facts instead of 'those lizards that "evolved" a new digestive organ, etc.' What lizards? What organ? It really does not matter to me and will not help you in this conversation anyway.

Does the Lord have a nose. Of course, He does. When He was down here on Earth, he had to breathe. And He did say, "He who hath seen Me, hath seen the Father." Yes, they are spirits, but they can come and go into their 'bodies' if necessary. I know a lot more about this subject, but you will have to hear it from God instead. It's quite personal.

At various times in the past few million years, and in a way that you find objectionable. That's what keeps tripping you up, every time you get close to the issue.

That's all you have to say about all of the other animals and plants God created?? You are incredibly mistaken and your thoughts are on a confused ride away from God and the real truth. God could easily fool man into believing he was older than it might seem. I mean, He is God. And the Universe is still being built/created, just so much so that man thinks his premises are true. Man knows nothing except what God will have him know. That includes how to create a toaster, or an nuclear bomb, or an atom-smasher. Whatever!

Can't blame you. You're between a rock and a hard place on this one.

No kidding.

Barbarian, don't give me such a lame ending to your post which is found lacking. You are the one between a rock and a hard place on this one...a real Catch-22. No kidding!! I don't have anything against you, and I do love you as a Christian brother. If that's not good enough for you, what am I supposed to do? Don't spread lies or conjecture about things of God that you don't know are false.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Please read the thread above and let me know what you think. Does it help any on how you believe?? Hope you are doing fine!!

Warmest Regards and Cheerio, and Much Love!!

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Please read the thread above and let me know what you think. Does it help any on how you believe?? Hope you are doing fine!!

Warmest Regards and Cheerio, and Much Love!!

Michael
Michael,
Well...
I believe in that which I am convinced by facts and evidence unless something else comes along to suggest that my original belief was wrong.
I am more than convinced that humans did not evolve from Chimps and that evolution can only apply to species not individuals, despite not being there to see it.
Individuals can't adapt or change their inherited genetic code, as it can and does within evolving generations, in species. Individuals are however expendable.
Chimps are an example of a modern species, as too are humans. Both however share a common ancestor according to genetic and physical evidence, but Chimps aren't that ancestor. They are two species that evidentially were once the same species in an earlier form and that is Darwinian evolution in a nutshell.

I know that you aren't really interested in all that by the responses you post. You seem to function on a somewhat more ethereal and spiritual level, compared to me anyway, in which real facts, evidence and science don't really seem to matter very much to you.

The Barbarian is a Christian but his understanding of facts and evidence is not something that gets in the way of his faith. In fact it seems to complement it. Creationists otoh can't compete with genuine facts and science which is why on ToL they are compelled to attack him personally, but he doesn't need to lie or fabricate anything, it's all there and testable.

Science explains how Tibetan people are genetically adapted to their environment, not just a belief, and in how other human races are modified for theirs.
Did you ever notice the resemblance between Mongol human populations and North American Indians? There is good genetic evidence that shows how humans originally spread around the world. You may not believe it but nevertheless that is what the evidence suggests, but you would first need to want to understand it to call it false. Creationists however don't want to understand anything that might seem to contradict what they'd prefer to believe from scripture instead.

If science and evidence doesn't interest you then OK but you can only reasonably dispute science with science imo, not bald assertions or ancient scripture.
Creationism is utter cobblers Michael.
Sorry but that's what I believe anyway. ;)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Even a 6th grade science students knows that's stupid and contrary to evolutionary theory. Populations evolve, not individuals. And of course, chimps are evolved in a different direction than humans from a common ancestor. So they wouldn't evolve into us.

You are mistaken Barbarian.

Well, let's take a look...

Michael "explains" evolution:
Individuals are part of their 'populations', so then they would evidently 'evolve' as you would say.

Nope. By definition, evolution is a change in allele frequency in a population over time.

Evolution, also known as descent with modification, is the change in heritable phenotype traits of biological populations over successive generations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

National Academy of Science:
Evolution consists of changes in the heritable traits of a population of organisms as successive generations replace one another. It is populations of organisms that evolve, not individual organisms.
http://www.nas.edu/evolution/Definitions.html

You don't know what you are talking about at all, dude.

Surprise. Did you really believe you knew what evolution is?
Barbarian explains why Neandertals wouldn't become Australopithecines:
For one thing, too big. Another, no forests to speak of in ice age Europe. Depending on fruit for much of the year would have been impossible. You've confused orthogenesis (which rarely happens, if at all) with evolution as it is.

No, Bee, too big doesn't cut it. Neither does your lack of forests or fruit. They would just exist somewhere else!! Didn't God say to the animals to eat the fruit and vegetation that He had provided for them?

Not much vegetation to be found in Ice Age Europe, in the winter.

Barbarian observes:
For example, in the past several thousand years, Tibetans have evolved a series of adaptations for living at high altitudes.

Oh, really Barbee,

how do you know what the Tibetans have done in the past several thousands years?

Genetics and linguistics. The Tibetans are genetically very close to the western Chinese from whom they split off a few thousand years ago, and they speak related languages. They differ mainly in a number of mutations that allow them to live at high altitudes.

I'm not trusting your ways of dating objects or fossils anymore.

Doesn't matter. Reality isn't obliged to meet your needs.

You don't even KNOW if man was alive several thousand years ago, much less Tibetans.

There was writing older than a few thousand years ago.

I don't care about your supposed predated truth. Don't you know that any adapting by the Tibetans was done by the Hands of God, whether is means changing a genomn, or DNA, or atoms, or whatever.

As you're learning, He used evolution.

Mark is very far from stupid.

Dumber than dirt.

Why do you want to take the Creation story from God when you are a Catholic/Christian??

Being Christian, I just accept the way He did it.

There are details of course, but that would take more time to explain. I can say that God can create a Universe and a host of Heaven, and stars that are seemingly old, and creatures also that 'seem' older than 7,000 years ago, just to test Adam's future 'descendants' on where their loyalty lies.

Since God says that He is truth, your notion that he'd fake evidence to fool people is completely unChristian. It's that old "do you love God enough to believe something completely untrue?" test.

More later.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael,
Well...
I believe in that which I am convinced by facts and evidence unless something else comes along to suggest that my original belief was wrong.
I am more than convinced that humans did not evolve from Chimps and that evolution can only apply to species not individuals, despite not being there to see it.

Individuals can't adapt or change their inherited genetic code, as it can and does within evolving generations, in species. Individuals are however expendable.

Chimps are an example of a modern species, as too are humans. Both however share a common ancestor according to genetic and physical evidence, but Chimps aren't that ancestor. They are two species that evidentially were once the same species in an earlier form and that is Darwinian evolution in a nutshell.

Dear Alwight,

They share a common ancestor. Does that ancestor still exist? Is it an ape? A gorilla? How convenient if it doesn't exist any longer. That would mean both a chimp's ancestor and a human's ancestor, no longer exists. That sounds pretty incredible, even for Darwin. Sounds convenient but preposterous.

I know that you aren't really interested in all that by the responses you post. You seem to function on a somewhat more ethereal and spiritual level, compared to me anyway, in which real facts, evidence and science don't really seem to matter very much to you.

Who would you say the ancestor is if it isn't chimps? Apes? Cave men? Gorillas? Unknown beings?? (I don't think so.) Real facts, evidence and science do matter to me. It depends what it is. Of course, I believe much that science to offer. Just not that it replaces the Creation, that's all. And how is it that individuals don't explain it, but species do?? Same thing, it would seem to me.

The Barbarian is a Christian but his understanding of facts and evidence is not something that gets in the way of his faith. In fact it seems to complement it. Creationists otoh can't compete with genuine facts and science which is why on ToL they are compelled to attack him personally, but he doesn't need to lie or fabricate anything, it's all there and testable.

If it was testable, then why is there any question whatsoever on the facts of evolution vs. Creation? And if we are descended from ancestors of chimps, what gives?? Why don't we see chimps in the same form as man? I mean, suppose chimps are our forefathers and chimps are apes forefathers. Why don't we see apes appearing in the process of being more human-like or chimp-like? Why would we not see many more instances of ape-similar humans or vice versa?? It just does not make sense. Does science offer more to this occurrence?

Science explains how Tibetan people are genetically adapted to their environment, not just a belief, and in how other human races are modified for theirs.
Did you ever notice the resemblance between Mongol human populations and North American Indians? There is good genetic evidence that shows how humans originally spread around the world. You may not believe it but nevertheless that is what the evidence suggests, but you would first need to want to understand it to call it false. Creationists however don't want to understand anything that might seem to contradict what they'd prefer to believe from scripture instead.

If science and evidence doesn't interest you then OK but you can only reasonably dispute science with science imo, not bald assertions or ancient scripture.
Creationism is utter cobblers Michael.
Sorry but that's what I believe anyway. ;)

Alwight, of course different people can adapt to certain situations. That doesn't make them a new species. I can understand Mongols having sex with North American Indians, but that doesn't make them a new species. What do you want to call this new 'species.' But we can agree to disagree, so you know I still care for you. I will talk with you again soon. I do appreciate what you have to offer me to ponder. God loves you even if you don't believe in Him. Ironically, the day will come when you believe in Him. You just don't know it though. I mean it is inevitable, of course. "If" He is there, your paths are going to cross.

Many Good Blessings For You, Al,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Barbarian observes:

What a bunch of...Populations evolve, not individuals. Chimps are evolved in a different direction. Give me a break on this bunk. And who taught you such wonderful 'facts.' Just to suit your assertions, eh? And you talk to me of 'bald' assertions. I'll never agree with such jest.

Well, let's take a look...

Michael "explains" evolution:

Nope. By definition, evolution is a change in allele frequency in a population over time.

Evolution, also known as descent with modification, is the change in heritable phenotype traits of biological populations over successive generations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

National Academy of Science:
Evolution consists of changes in the heritable traits of a population of organisms as successive generations replace one another. It is populations of organisms that evolve, not individual organisms.
http://www.nas.edu/evolution/Definitions.html

Surprise. Did you really believe you knew what evolution is?

Barbarian explains why Neandertals wouldn't become Australopithecines:

Not much vegetation to be found in Ice Age Europe, in the winter.

Barbarian observes:

Genetics and linguistics. The Tibetans are genetically very close to the western Chinese from whom they split off a few thousand years ago, and they speak related languages. They differ mainly in a number of mutations that allow them to live at high altitudes.

Doesn't matter. Reality isn't obliged to meet your needs.

There was writing older than a few thousand years ago.

As you're learning, He used evolution.

Dumber than dirt.

Being Christian, I just accept the way He did it.

Since God says that He is truth, your notion that he'd fake evidence to fool people is completely unChristian. It's that old "do you love God enough to believe something completely untrue?" test.

More later.

All of the rest of your piece of work I think is nonsense. I'm not saying God faked evidence to fool people. We know He created man at a teenage or young man's age. He makes no discrepancy about that. It's very clear, and the same for Eve, and the animals and plants, etc. But you are asking me that you aren't faking when you say you don't believe God's story of Creation, so God is faking what happened? God is not faking evidence if He describes the Universe as after it first began, just like with man, animals and plants. He doesn't say a big bang. So who's faking who, Barbarian?? He plainly says that these things were not made as babies, but older. I'm not going to entertain or waste my time with your speculation on life and how it happened according to Darwin and Barbarian. God says nothing in the Bible like what you have to say. If and when God tells me it happened your way, I will believe it. You sound like a new cult emerging.

Sincerely,

Michael

P.S. I found out that you are saying that I am calling God dishonest because I was speaking sarcastically to you about something. God knows what you're up to.

:noway:

:bang:

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:
Like those lizards in the Adriatic that evolved a new digestive organ in a couple of decades?

You're going to have to give me more scientific facts instead of 'those lizards that "evolved" a new digestive organ, etc.' What lizards? What organ? It really does not matter to me and will not help you in this conversation anyway.

It's the usual creationists mantra: "the facts will not affect me at all." You're so entranced with your own reasoning that reality has no effect on you.

For those who aren't so locked into logic-proof rooms, here it is:

Back in 1971 10 lizards of the species Podarcis sicula were transplanted from one small islet in the South Adriatic to a nearby, somewhat smaller hunk of rock. Over a three year period from 2004-2006, Herrel et al. returned to these small islands to see what became of the lizards (1). What they found is that the transplanted lizards had taken over the second islet. The lizards from the second island were still genetically very similar to those on the originating island (see their supplementary figure 5). However, there were pronounced differences in the diet. Whereas the population on the island of origin ate very little plant matter (<10% of the total diet), the transplanted lizards appeared to subsist mostly on plant matter, with some seasonal variations up and down from 50%.

The change in diet appears to have prompted some substantial changes in morphology as well. The size and mass of the lizards on the second island is significantly greater, and the head dimensions are altered. For the smaller female lizards, this translates directly into an increase in bite force. For the male lizards, however, the differences in head size alone are not sufficient to account for the observed increase in bite force, implying that there are additional adaptations of some kind. Herrel et al. speculate that the increased bite force of the lizards helps them to eat and digest leaves. This is reinforced by the observation that structural features related to the opening of the jaw are largely unchanged.

There are additional adaptations internally. For instance, the lizards on the second island have a structure called a cecal valve (and additional anatomical changes to the cecum) that are believed to aid in the digestion of plant matter such as leaves. This is particularly interesting because this valve structure does not appear in the originating population, and is rare among related species of lizards (the suborder scleroglossa). Moreover, the hindgut of these lizards contained nematodes that are absent from the parent population, suggesting the development of a novel symbiosis. The authors note that the new morphological characteristics are present in juveniles as well as adults, suggesting that the changes involved are genetic, though further experiment is required. The authors also note some interesting changes in population dynamics and behavior that appear to have resulted from the altered eating habits of these lizards.

That these new features appeared within less than 40 years is especially striking. In less than a human lifetime this population of lizards evolved adaptations such as altered jaw morphology, as well as an apparently novel internal feature.

http://conflux.mwclarkson.com/2008/04/rapid-evolution-of-lizards-in-the-adriatic/

Barbarian asks:
Do you think God has a nose? Jesus says spirits don't have a body. And He says God is a spirit. Maybe you should find out what that "image" means.

Does the Lord have a nose. Of course, He does.

I think I'll go with what Jesus said, instead of your new doctrine. Sorry about that.

When He was down here on Earth, he had to breathe. And He did say, "He who hath seen Me, hath seen the Father." Yes, they are spirits, but they can come and go into their 'bodies' if necessary. I know a lot more about this subject, but you will have to hear it from God instead. It's quite personal.

"Just so" stories about God don't really mean much to me. There's no scriptural or apostolic support for your new story.

God could easily fool man into believing he was older than it might seem. I mean, He is God.

God is truth. Sure He could lie to us about all sorts of things. But He won't. And whoever is telling you that He would, is not the Creator. Maybe it's not God that's talking to you.

alwight

Dear Alwight,

They share a common ancestor. Does that ancestor still exist? Is it an ape? A gorilla? How convenient if it doesn't exist any longer. That would mean both a chimp's ancestor and a human's ancestor, no longer exists. That sounds pretty incredible, even for Darwin. Sounds convenient but preposterous.
You really need to want to understand what you are talking about Michael instead of just dismissing it simply because you don't like it.
Perhaps you should try to realise that because you don't know it all you should not blithely dismiss what you obviously have little or no understanding of.
Common ancestry is what once existed, from which modern forms of life have developed from. Therefore by definition they don't exist today. Something very similar might possibly exist today if the environment allowed it but typically that isn't so because evolution is an ongoing process involving adaption to modern conditions.

Who would you say the ancestor is if it isn't chimps? Apes? Cave men? Gorillas? Unknown beings?? (I don't think so.) Real facts, evidence and science do matter to me. It depends what it is. Of course, I believe much that science to offer. Just not that it replaces the Creation, that's all. And how is it that individuals don't explain it, but species do?? Same thing, it would seem to me.
It's really beside the point to try and pin down a specific common ancestor, the evidence shows the types of creatures that modern ones would have come from, from those that existed in the past.
But of course you and creationists will simply attempt to wave away any scientific evidence and conclusion if they don't happen to suit your literal presuppositions and scriptural adherence, right?

Individuals are what they are, they can't evolve, but future generations can be subtly different and better suited by the natural selection of better suited individuals. Evolution itself however can only be described as what happens to species as a whole over time, not to individuals.

If it was testable, then why is there any question whatsoever on the facts of evolution vs. Creation? And if we are descended from ancestors of chimps, what gives?? Why don't we see chimps in the same form as man? I mean, suppose chimps are our forefathers and chimps are apes forefathers. Why don't we see apes appearing in the process of being more human-like or chimp-like? Why would we not see many more instances of ape-similar humans or vice versa?? It just does not make sense. Does science offer more to this occurrence?
Perhaps you should ask creationists why they reject the blindingly obvious Michael?
Again, chimps are not our "forefathers", we share a common ancestor. Chimps might possibly slowly become more human-like if humans vacated their place for some reason, but no chimp offspring is going to be remarkably different from its parents nor have any reason to be anything other than a chimp in a chimp environment. Chimps are adapted to their environment while human have found ways to live in many environments, mainly by changing the environment.

Alwight, of course different people can adapt to certain situations. That doesn't make them a new species. I can understand Mongols having sex with North American Indians, but that doesn't make them a new species. What do you want to call this new 'species.' But we can agree to disagree, so you know I still care for you. I will talk with you again soon. I do appreciate what you have to offer me to ponder. God loves you even if you don't believe in Him. Ironically, the day will come when you believe in Him. You just don't know it though. I mean it is inevitable, of course. "If" He is there, your paths are going to cross.

Many Good Blessings For You, Al,

Michael
Individual humans have found clever ways to adapt their environment to be more suitable for us, but individuals are limited with what they are born with. We don't readily adapt to more difficult environments, so we change the environment instead. Human races have however evolved small differences over time that better suit their particular location. The different types of modern humans are not sufficiently different to ever bring about new species and these days humans can meet humans that have originated from all over the world, so it isn't likely to ever happen.
American Indians are thought to be descended from Mongolian type people who migrated from the east at a time when the two continents where physically connected. Genetically there is a trail to follow all the way back to Africa and native Americans are closer to Eastern people than those of a European origin.

I suggest Michael that you can have your belief in God and also accept that science is not the opposition here but is actually something to value. Creationists otoh are intellectually dishonest because they will simply reject any science that tends to conflict with their creationist assertions, however good and rigorous the science actually is.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
All of the rest of your piece of work I think is nonsense. I'm not saying God faked evidence to fool people.

Yes, that's what you're saying.

We know He created man at a teenage or young man's age.

Doesn't say that in Genesis. Once you allow yourself to make up new stories to support the old ones, the sky's the limit.

He plainly says that these things were not made as babies, but older.

Show us that.

I'm not going to entertain or waste my time with your speculation on life and how it happened according to Darwin and Barbarian.

I'd be happy if you would just accept it the way God said, without adding your new stories to it. God says nothing in the Bible like what you have to say.

You sound like a new cult emerging.

That's what the Romans said about us.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
he just told you he wasn't

are you a bit feebleminded today, grandpa?

Dear resodko,

Thank you so much for helping me out and standing up for me. I truly do appreciate it!! You are like an angel!! God Bless Your Heart And Soul!!

Michael

:rapture:

:think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You really need to want to understand what you are talking about Michael instead of just dismissing it simply because you don't like it.
Perhaps you should try to realise that because you don't know it all you should not blithely dismiss what you obviously have little or no understanding of.
Common ancestry is what once existed, from which modern forms of life have developed from. Therefore by definition they don't exist today. Something very similar might possibly exist today if the environment allowed it but typically that isn't so because evolution is an ongoing process involving adaption to modern conditions.

It's really beside the point to try and pin down a specific common ancestor, the evidence shows the types of creatures that modern ones would have come from, from those that existed in the past.
But of course you and creationists will simply attempt to wave away any scientific evidence and conclusion if they don't happen to suit your literal presuppositions and scriptural adherence, right?

Individuals are what they are, they can't evolve, but future generations can be subtly different and better suited by the natural selection of better suited individuals. Evolution itself however can only be described as what happens to species as a whole over time, not to individuals.

Perhaps you should ask creationists why they reject the blindingly obvious Michael?
Again, chimps are not our "forefathers", we share a common ancestor. Chimps might possibly slowly become more human-like if humans vacated their place for some reason, but no chimp offspring is going to be remarkably different from its parents nor have any reason to be anything other than a chimp in a chimp environment. Chimps are adapted to their environment while human have found ways to live in many environments, mainly by changing the environment.

Individual humans have found clever ways to adapt their environment to be more suitable for us, but individuals are limited with what they are born with. We don't readily adapt to more difficult environments, so we change the environment instead. Human races have however evolved small differences over time that better suit their particular location. The different types of modern humans are not sufficiently different to ever bring about new species and these days humans can meet humans that have originated from all over the world, so it isn't likely to ever happen.
American Indians are thought to be descended from Mongolian type people who migrated from the east at a time when the two continents where physically connected. Genetically there is a trail to follow all the way back to Africa and native Americans are closer to Eastern people than those of a European origin.

I suggest Michael that you can have your belief in God and also accept that science is not the opposition here but is actually something to value. Creationists otoh are intellectually dishonest because they will simply reject any science that tends to conflict with their creationist assertions, however good and rigorous the science actually is.

Dear Alwight,

I've read all that you've written and I still don't believe any of it. I don't believe an ancestor of humans was also an ancestor of chimps. That's the least of what you wrote to me. I know you're trying to convince me, but you must realize, I come from a God Who says something different. But you can think or feel how you like. That is fine with me. I care about you regardless. I will answer The Barbarian when I get back on TOL. Will chat later.

Michael

:rapture:

:think:

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.