Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
I'm sure you are aware of evolutionists who admit that even if the evidence supports a creation event, it must be rejected because atheists cant allow a divine foot in the door.
Nope....

Richard Lewontin, evolutionist professor

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs,*in spite*of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life,*in spite*of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our*a priori*adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

6days

. Mutation Through Reproduction, and Survival of the Fittest, could never Lead to a New Form or Kind of Animal.

=M=

Exactly!

Mutations destroy.

Reproduction (sexual selection) simply uses existing genetic information.

Survival of the fittest doesnt create, does not create the fit, *but it eliminates some of the weak...sometimes.

As you say those mechanisms cant create a new kind of animal. Science and Gods Word tell us that everything reproduces after their own kind.*

6days

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
I'm sure you are aware of evolutionists who admit that even if the evidence supports a creation event, it must be rejected because atheists can’t allow a divine foot in the door. They are forced by their belief system to accept material explanations only.

Your statement conflates evolutionist and atheists. Come on, 6days, do you know how many devout believers also accept evolution?

Not conflating a bit. Theistic evolutionists can allow *a divine foot in the door. Atheistic evolutionists won't allow a divine foot in the door, to the point of making counter intuitive conclusions.*

Stuu

Richard Lewontin, evolutionist professor

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs,*in spite*of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life,*in spite*of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our*a priori*adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

"...Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door. The eminent Kant scholar Lewis Beck used to say that anyone who could believe in God could believe in anything. To appeal to an omnipotent deity is to allow that at any moment the regularities of nature may be ruptured, that miracles may happen."

Are you up for a proper discussion of this? Or are you more the kind that lazily copies quote-mined material from Answers in Genesis then runs away?

I think the latter more likely. You are too lazy to study what Lewontin means, or the reasons people have for agreeing and disagreeing with him.

Try these Lewontin quotes:

Theodosius Dobzhansky, the leading empirical evolutionary geneticist of the twentieth century, who spent most of his life staring down a microscope at chromosomes, vacillated between deism, gnosticism, and membership in the Russian Orthodox Church. He could not understand how anyone on his or her deathbed could remain an unrepentant materialist. I, his student and scientific epigone, ingested my unwavering atheism and a priori materialism along with the spinach at the parental dinner table.

"The Wars Over Evolution" New York Review of Books October 20, 2005

Creationists have capitalized on scientific disputes among biologists on the details of the evolutionary process by pretending that serious students of the subject are themselves in doubt about evolution. Evolutionary study is a living science; as such it is rich with controversy about particular issues off detail and mechanism. Creationists have extracted published statements in those controversies and used them dishonestly to suggest that biologists are in doubt about the fact of organic evolution. Local school boards and students must clearly be impressed that scientists in universities seem themselves to be denying evolution. Bioscience September 1981 p.559

It is time for students of the evolutionary process, especially those who have been misquoted and used by the creationists, to state clearly that evolution is a fact, not theory, and that what is at issue within biology are questions of details of the process and the relative importance of different mechanisms of evolution. It is a fact that the earth, with liquid water, is more than 3.6 billion years old. It is a fact that cellular life has been around for at least half of that period and that organized multicellular life is at least 800 million years old. It is a fact that major life forms now on earth were not at all represented in the past. There were no birds or mammals 250 million years ago. It is a fact that major life forms of the past are no longer living. There used to be dinosaurs and Pithecanthropus, and there are none now. It is a fact that all living forms come from previous living forms. Therefore, all present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were different. Birds arose from nonbirds and humans from nonhumans. No person who pretends to any understanding of the natural world can deny these facts any more than she or he can deny that the earth is round, rotates on its axis, and revolves around the sun. The controversies about evolution lie in the realm of the relative importance of various forces in molding evolution. "Evolution/Creation Debate: A Time for Truth", BioScience volume 31 (1981), p. 559; Reprinted in J. Peter Zetterberg, editor, Evolution versus Creationism, Oryx Press, Phoenix, Arizona, 1983.

Are you still a fan of Lewontin?

Stuart

Last edited:

6days

How can 'survival' eliminate living things?* Isn't it exactly the opposite?

Stuart
Survival of the fittest simply means the fit survive. Its a truism. It does not create the fit...they survive because of a healthy genome that pre-existed.*
Similar to natural selection.... I like the explanation of *evolutionary biologist, Lynn Margulis I have in a Discovery magazine.... "Natural selection eliminates and maybe maintains, but it doesn't create"

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mutations destroy.

If you care about reality, you probably should know this:
Most mutations don't do much of anything; almost all of us have several of them that didn't exist in either of our parents. A few are harmful (very, very few "destroy"). And a very few are useful. Natural selection sorts them out.

Reproduction (sexual selection) simply uses existing genetic information.

You've been misled about that. Would you like to learn about some mutations that produced not just additional information, but useful new information?

Survival of the fittest doesnt create, does not create the fit, *but it eliminates some of the weak...sometimes.

No, that's wrong, too. You see, natural selection not only tends to remove the unfit, it also changes the available alleles in the next generation. In that way, changes in one generation, provide the material for change in the next generation. And, as Darwin predicted, we can see a stepwise increase in fitness in each generation. Would you like to see how that works?

As you say those mechanisms cant create a new kind of animal. Science and Gods Word tell us that everything reproduces after their own kind.

No. Genesis does not say that everything reproduces after their own kind. That is another addition that creationists insert into scripture. And, as you saw, science shows that all living things on Earth have a common ancestor.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Creationist have to adjust Genesis to fit their new doctrines. Scientists who accept God and His creation without such reservations, have no conflicts to adjust.

DavisBJ

I'm sure you are aware of evolutionists who admit that even if the evidence supports a creation event, it must be rejected because atheists cant allow a divine foot in the door. They are forced by their belief system to accept material explanations only.
You are quite wrong about that. I know of no such evolutionists, and if one did express such a sentiment, then I would lose a whole lot of respect for them. I am an evolutionist because I sincerely believe the evidence shows it to be correct. If clear evidence were to come forth that overturned evolution as I understand it, I would have no choice but to follow that evidence. I would hope other evolutionists would also value truth above dogma.
Follow the evidence no matter where it leads..... I hope you are open to reconsidering the case for the Creator?
Since becoming an atheist, I have never done otherwise. But interestingly, it was “following the evidence” that led me out of Christianity to where I am now.

DavisBJ

I wasn't posting in anger. I just said, "Grow up." No big thing. Even Jesus got angry at the moneychangers in the Temple of God. Or don't you know about that. No Bible, eh? Noguru, you know what I'm talking about here. In the New Testament?? Matt. 21:12. I didn't say "READ your post." I meant "I" read (red) your post. Do you know what I'm saying here now?

If I'm polite, I'm ridiculous. If I get impolite, I'm 'angry'. You all don't know what you like. You just don't like anything except your evolution and yourselves. Whatever.

Michael
Michael, I am glad we are on good terms again. I will admit, though, that when you say you love me, that I will probably take a couple of steps backwards, purely in light of one of the ways you have meant that word “love” with others in the past. You understand, I am sure.

And I hope you can see fit to give a smidgeon of special leeway to me, a new friend. I would really like your permission, even if only for a minute, to again see the friendly Cusper fellow that floated into my place recently. Real friends share, and you don’t seem to want to do that. Can you accommodate me just that much?

I really like you (platonically). You are great.

alwight

Survival of the fittest simply means the fit survive. Its a truism. It does not create the fit...they survive because of a healthy genome that pre-existed.*
A pre-existing "healthy genome" at least is hardly a truism, it is simply a bald assertion.

The genomes that do survive after natural selection in fact seem to me at least can only be in reaction to the environment based on specific individuals being more selectable and some being less so. I thereby assume that the resulting genomes will reflect such resulting adaptions.

You otoh seem to think, for your own reasons, that a genome had been created which was once "perfect" but is now sadly not as it once was. That genomes everywhere are all on a downward spiral, presumably because your supposed "perfect creator" would not have created the flawed creatures that do exist today?

On the one hand we seem to have a clear ongoing process that is constantly selecting the "fittest" while rejecting the less "fit", from genomes.
On the other hand, in your mind anyway, all genomes are only ever degenerating rather than evolving along with those individuals that are selected.
These two notions, if both are true, conflict and are pushing in opposite directions, they would be directly opposing each other.

Apparently for you it can't simply be that mutations can ever be considered as beneficial because mutations must always only do harm? Just how they would know good from bad is beyond me. Random mutations are afaic simply random changes that may help or hinder, without any specific purpose or intent, still....:think:

Similar to natural selection.... I like the explanation of *evolutionary biologist, Lynn Margulis I have in a Discovery magazine.... "Natural selection eliminates and maybe maintains, but it doesn't create"
I think you'll find that natural selection is simply what chooses from what exists and not what actually creates anything, so in one way he'd be right. :)

DavisBJ

Oh Good, Now, both you Girls are Here;

Hi BJ!!!! Hello!!!!
Well, hi Mark. I apologize for not seeing your salutation earlier. I have just been getting too much of a kick out of watching your technicolor performances, and then seeing Barbie come along behind and tug on a couple of loose strings and seeing your whole costume fall off. I hope you have some more acts yet to present?

In between your acts I have been trying really hard to figure out how to tell ancient stromatolites from recent ones – you know, one of the earlier creatures that you said haven’t shown evidence of evolution over a billion years. Boy, that was really cool. Especially when it turns out stromatolites themselves aren’t alive at all. Ever. Boy, do you have some wacky ideas about evolution. You probably think that because rocks haven’t evolved either, that disproves evolution.

Love your show. Keep it up.

alwight

You are quite wrong about that. I know of no such evolutionists, and if one did express such a sentiment, then I would lose a whole lot of respect for them.
I'm a life long atheist, but I have no vested interest at all in rejecting what is true and gods would be no exception to that. I too have never known an atheist who claims to actually prefer existence to be godless, let alone reject any real god that became convincingly apparent.

That said, the Christian God, as often portrayed is however a very specific version of god that I and many other atheists imo perhaps would indeed prefer not to exist, depending on whose "understanding" of "God" is involved, say a fundamentalist's "understanding".

6days perhaps regards rejection of his version of "God" by atheists as a dogmatic rejection of any gods which clearly it isn't.

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Mutations destroy.

Most mutations don't do much of anything

Does your 1965 biology text book tell you that?

Geneticists are concerned about the impact of mutations on our genome. The reason geneticists are concerned is because mutations destroy.

If you wish, I can refer you to articles from evolutionary geneticists discussing our "high mutational burden".

Barbarian said:
almost all of us have several of them that didn't exist in either of our parents.

Again you seem to be using 1965 info. Or, did you mean that we have several hundred more mutations than our parents?

Barbarian said:
A few are harmful (very, very few "destroy").

You haven't kept up with genetics. You are using old evolutionist arguments that science has proven wrong. Your argument may have had a bit more legitimacy when evolutionists thought our DNA was 97% junk. Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious...even though most have no noticeable effect..IE they are slightly deleterious or near neutral.

Barbarian said:
And a very few are useful.
Mutations destroy.... Once in awhile....very rarely there is a "useful" mutation, but it almost always is a result of information being destroyed.

Barbarian said:
Natural selection sorts them out.

In the pipe dreams of evolutionists natural selection sorts it out. But reality and science tell us something different. We have perhaps 300 more mutations than our parents did. Our kids will have another 300. The reason mutations accumulate (high mutational burden) is because natural selection does not sort it out.
Barbarian said:
Would you like to learn about some mutations that produced not just additional information, but useful new information?

Sure, lets see what you have! From the hundreds of thousands of mutations that have been studied, I would be interested in the best example of unambiguous gain of a specified complexity type of information.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Survival of the fittest doesn't create, does not create the fit, but it eliminates some of the weak...sometimes.

No, that's wrong, too. You see, natural selection not only tends to remove the unfit, it also changes the available alleles in the next generation.

No... that isnt what happens. Its impossible for selection to detect individual nucleotides. ..and that is why we have the "high mutational. burden". We could possibly agree with ' natural selection sometimes eliminates the unfit. But selection cant eliminate the slightly deleterious...or the near neutral mutations accumulating in our genome from generation to generation causing a loss of fitness.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Science and Gods Word tell us that everything reproduces after their own kind.

No. Genesis does not say that everything reproduces after their own kind. That is another addition that creationists insert into scripture.

Genesis1:11 "Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12*The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kindsand trees bearing fruit with seed in it

according to their kinds

21*So God created*the great creatures of the sea*and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

24*And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds:*the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25God made the wild animalsaccording to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.And God saw that it was good.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gods Word, and science tell us evolutionism is not possible.*

everready

I don't understand you Barbarian here you say

"No. Genesis does not say that everything reproduces after their own kind. That is another addition that creationists insert into scripture. And, as you saw, science shows that all living things on Earth have a common ancestor."

Your saying creationists inserted this as posted by 6Days?

"Genesis1:11 "Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12*The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kindsand trees bearing fruit with seed in it

according to their kinds

21*So God created*the great creatures of the sea*and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

24*And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds:*the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25God made the wild animalsaccording to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.And God saw that it was good.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gods Word, and science tell us evolutionism is not possible.*

everready

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian notes that most mutations don't do much of anything:

Does your 1965 biology text book tell you that?

You have it backwards. Before we could do good genetic analyses, we weren't aware of the very large number of mutations with no observable consequences.

Geneticists are concerned about the impact of mutations on our genome. The reason geneticists are concerned is because mutations destroy.

In fact, you have a fair number of mutations that your parents did not have. It is very unlikely that any of them will cause you problems. And occasionally, one will turn out to be favorable. The Milano mutation, for example, provides excellent resistance to arteriosclerosis. We have been able to trace the mutation back to the original person who had it. There are many other examples. Would you like to learn about some of them?

If you wish, I can refer you to articles from evolutionary geneticists discussing our "high mutational burden".

I don't think you really want to go there. It's pretty technical, and I can tell you in advance, it's not what you hope it is. You see, rapid mutation rates are harmful, and large numbers of neutral mutations can eventually be a problem if rates are too high. On the other hand, if mutation rates are too low, organisms fail to adapt to changing environments.

So there's some argument about the optimum rate. Would you like to learn how that works?

Barbarian observes:
almost all of us have several of them that didn't exist in either of our parents.

Again you seem to be using 1965 info.

I don't think anyone suspected that in 1965. Do you have a cite for us?

Or, did you mean that we have several hundred more mutations than our parents?

"Several" doesn't mean "several hundred." (Barbarian checks)

When parents pass their genes down to their children, an average of 60 errors are introduced to the genetic code in the process, according to a new study. Any of those five dozen mutations could be the source of major differences in a person's appearance or behavior as compared to his or her parents and altogether, the mistakes are the driving force of evolution.

Sixty mutations may sound like a lot, but according to the international team of geneticists behind the new research, it is actually fewer than expected. "We had previously estimated that parents would contribute an average of 100 to 200 mistakes to their child," Philip Awadalla, a geneticist at the University of Montreal who co-led the project, said in a press release. "Our genetic study, the first of its kind, shows that actually much fewer mistakes, or mutations, are made."

http://www.livescience.com/33347-mutants-average-human-60-genetic-mutations.html

Barbarian continues:
A few are harmful (very, very few "destroy").

You haven't kept up with genetics.

See above. If even a tenth of those sixty mutations were deadly, most of us would be dead. Maybe it's time to go back and learn about the way it actually works?

You are using old evolutionist arguments that science has proven wrong.

You've got that backwards, too. At the beginning, in Morgan's fly room, where mutations were first studied, they could only see mutations that made big changes. And of course, most of those were harmful. They never new about those many other mutations that don't do any detectable harm. So scientists earlier though mutations were more harmful than most of them actually are, and science has shown that (as I told you earlier) most of them don't do much of anything.

Your argument may have had a bit more legitimacy when evolutionists thought our DNA was 97% junk.

You were misled about that, too. Until the Human Genome Project, we didn't know what most of the DNA did. But even in the 60s, when I was an undergraduate, there were papers about the functions of non-coding DNA. (that's what scientists actually call it)

Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious...even though most have no noticeable effect..IE they are slightly deleterious or near neutral.

That's closer to the truth, but the scientists who espouse that idea, don't really understand neutralist theories. The most outstanding neutralist geneticist, Motoo Kimura makes it clear that this phenomenon is not a bar to Darwinian evolution.

The neutral theory of molecular evolution holds that at the molecular level most evolutionary changes and most of the variation within and between species is not caused by natural selection but by random drift of mutant alleles that are neutral. A neutral mutation is one that does not affect an organism's ability to survive and reproduce. The neutral theory allows for the possibility that most mutations are deleterious, but holds that because these are rapidly purged by natural selection, they do not make significant contributions to variation within and between species at the molecular level. Mutations that are not deleterious are assumed to be mostly neutral rather than beneficial. In addition to assuming the primacy of neutral mutations, the theory also assumes that the fate of neutral mutations is determined by the sampling processes described by specific models of random genetic drift.[1]

According to Kimura, the theory applies only for evolution at the molecular level, and phenotypic evolution is controlled by natural selection, as postulated by Charles Darwin. The proposal of the neutral theory was followed by an extensive "neutralist-selectionist" controversy over the interpretation of patterns of molecular divergence and polymorphism, peaking in the 1970s and 1980s. The controversy is still unsettled among evolutionary biologists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_theory_of_molecular_evolution

It's highly mathematical, but accessible to anyone who has taken college level math. What do you know of the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?

Mutations destroy.... Once in awhile....very rarely there is a "useful" mutation, but it almost always is a result of information being destroyed.

Show me your numbers. Anytime there's a new allele in a population, the information rises. Assume whatever frequencies you like, and show us the math.

In the pipe dreams of evolutionists natural selection sorts it out. But reality and science tell us something different.

Nope. For example, Barry Hall demonstrated the evolution of a new, irreducibly complex enzyme system in bacteria, via a series of useful mutations. Would you like to see how that happened?

We have perhaps 300 more mutations than our parents did.

That's about five times the actual rate. The genetic literature can be daunting, but if you want to talk about this, you'll have to do some reading in it.

Barbarian asks:
Would you like to learn about some mutations that produced not just additional information, but useful new information?

Sure, lets see what you have!

The Milano mutation produced a new lipoprotein that reduced the risk of arteriosclerosis. The old lipoprotein, from which the new one evolved, is still present, via gene duplication.

ApoA-1 Milano (also ETC-216, now MDCO-216) is a naturally occurring mutated variant of the apolipoprotein A1 protein found in human HDL, the lipoprotein particle that carries cholesterol from tissues to the liver and is associated with protection against cardiovascular disease. ApoA1 Milano was first identified by Dr. Cesare Sirtori in Milan, who also demonstrated that its presence significantly reduced cardiovascular disease, even though it caused a reduction in HDL levels and an increase in triglyceride levels.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ApoA-1_Milano

So now, instead of one of them, there are two. Show me your numbers on information content for that.

The nylon bug mutation, via a frameshift in a plasmid, gave bacteria the ability to digest nylon oligomer.
Negoro, S., Biodegradation of nylon oligomers (2000), Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 54, 461-466.

There's a family in the U.S. that has almost unbreakable bones. Turns out, it's single mutation that makes them much more durable than most of us.
http://yalemedicine.yale.edu/autumn2002/news/findings/53806

A mutation that happened in Europe sometime before 1000 AD, gives excellent resistance to Bubonic Plague - and HIV.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050325234239.htm

How many would you like to see?

Survival of the fittest doesn't create, does not create the fit, but it eliminates some of the weak...sometimes.

No, that's wrong, too. You see, natural selection not only tends to remove the unfit, it also changes the available alleles in the next generation.

No... that isnt what happens.

That's what we observe happening. No point in denying it. For example, the CCR5-delta 32 allele spread rapidly through the European populations, because it gave good immunity to bubonic plague, and was therefore strongly selected. Other alleles were removed as their owners were much more likely to die before reproducing.

So, succeeding generations of Europeans were much more likely to have this allele, even though the plague was then absent, because natural selection changed the frequencies of alleles available in the population.

Its impossible for selection to detect individual nucleotides

It can, however, detect the phenotypic effects of the allele, and thereby preserve those individuals having it. The net effect of natural selection was to increase the frequency of that favorable allele.

Science and Gods Word tell us that everything reproduces after their own kind.

Barbarian observes:
No. Genesis does not say that everything reproduces after their own kind. That is another addition that creationists insert into scripture.

As you see, nothing about organisms reproducing according to kind. That is an alteration of the text, which creationists must do to make the Bible fit their new doctrines.

Gods Word, and science tell us evolutionism is not possible.

If you have to change it to make it fit your beliefs, isn't that an important clue for you?

everready

O.k. now i understand you Barbarian your a humanist going against Gods word is reason enough to discontinue this folly..

everready

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
O.k. now i understand you Barbarian your a humanist

Roman Catholic. Humanism is a Christian philosophy, (see Erasmus) but I don't happen to follow that thinking.

I'm guessing that because I accept the testimony of God in His creation as the Apostles did:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also, and divinity: so that they are inexcusable.

you're displeased with me, because you aren't willing to go that far with God.

going against Gods word is reason enough to discontinue this folly..

When you're ready to do it the way Paul says we should, come on back and we'll talk.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well perhaps it is time for you to stop discussing biology. Think of all those reading here who are giving credibility to what you claim on the basis of your "science" background. And yet you make all sorts of claims about biology that are utterly wrong. Had you considered whether accuracy was at all important? Do you design wiring for electrical componentry? Is accuracy important in that? Do you expect the wiring in your house to have been done correctly? Why do you insist on not being accurate about natural history? Why do you go on about natural history when you don't even know what it is?

Sorry? What have you pointed out to me?? That it is true that evolution isn't true? Based on no explanation or argument, and alongside the admission that you don't actually know what evolution is?? Sorry, but that's the work of a moron. Are you a moron?

No you haven't. You have EXPLAINED nothing.

So your explanation, the one you just claim, WASN'T IN WRITING? How was I supposed to know about that??

Moronic. A celebration of ignorance.

Stuart
I wasn't speaking from a science background (I did not even take Biology in college, as it was not required for my academic plan), I just have science courses in my background. However, my next post I put together to help you see these ideas, what really matters for you here, at once.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God, Creation, Jesus, Science, Evolution

Not all knowledge is found via science. However, these subjects are all important. God as the Creator and Jesus as His Son provide knowledge of God and salvation. Science means knowledge and modern science involves disciplined study of the natural/observable world, His creation (nature). It is a secondary knowledge and in no way impedes the study of God and the Bible, which some call Theology. Evolution is one of many subjects studied in science. A person can think about all these things critically, bringing reason to bear on the situation of reality and who God is. Many believe evolution has no place in science because some people believe that if evolution is true then God either does not exist or doesn’t need to exist. Others believe it does have place but that God created in the beginning and only micro evolution has occurred since that time.

God

God is the Creator of the world. He is the creator of the universe. All that exists apart from God has been created by God.

Creation

Creation was created by God, the Creator. The natural world was created by God. Everything God created in the heavens and in the earth is His creation. God rested after creating all that He had created and made. Everything that exists down to this day is the result of His creation and the creative acts He has engaged in then and now. This includes you and me.

Jesus

Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah (the word is translated “Christ” meaning “Anointed One”) of Israel and of the world, a Jew. After creation mankind fell and death entered the world through sin. He being just (perfectly righteous) died in the place of all others, the unjust. He then rose from the dead proving power over death and is alive even unto this day, though He ascended to heaven in the year of His death. In His teaching He promised the future resurrection of the righteous and of the wicked, though those who are not in the resurrection of the righteous will experience the second death, the lake of fire. Salvation is available from God through Him through repentance and faith in God and Him.

Science

These are all legitimate scientific studies: Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, etc….

Some science requires experiments to come to conclusions, though all science requires observations.

The fossil record and discussions about it are found in different areas of science. I brought up Paleontology, though I know very little about it.

Evolution

One of the areas of study found in science is the theory of evolution. Some people separate between micro evolution and macro evolution, saying that only micro evolution is possible, while some people dismiss or accept evolution as a whole. Macro evolution has major changes and people search for missing links or provide explanations for how they think all the living creatures of the world have come to be. Others simply point out that there are some changes in the kinds.

Either way God has created this great diversity of kinds that we find in His creation. But I do not believe macro evolution is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.