Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wasn't posting in anger. I just said, "Grow up." No big thing. Even Jesus got angry at the moneychangers in the Temple of God. Or don't you know about that. No Bible, eh? Noguru, you know what I'm talking about here. In the New Testament?? Matt. 21:12. I didn't say "READ your post." I meant "I" read (red) your post. Do you know what I'm saying here now?

If I'm polite, I'm ridiculous. If I get impolite, I'm 'angry'. You all don't know what you like. You just don't like anything except your evolution and yourselves. Whatever.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Mark,

Yes, you can see the "Life" in the rocks. The beauty of the different facets of Crystal formations, seemingly different in each rock. Somewhat like a snowflake. How can you NOT believe in a Creator??? That question is not for you, Mark. Remember that Jesus said, 'God is able to raise up children from these stones,' or something to that effect.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Come on Michael, BJ's post was funny. Where's your sense of humour?

Lol! :rotfl:

Dear Hedshaker,

I do have a sense of humor. Of course. The thing is, I wasn't upset. I just told him to grow up. Good to hear from you. It's been TOO long!!

Michael

DavisBJ

I'm sure you are aware of evolutionists who admit that even if the evidence supports a creation event, it must be rejected because atheists can’t allow a divine foot in the door. They are forced by their belief system to accept material explanations only.
Your statement conflates evolutionist and atheists. Come on, 6days, do you know how many devout believers also accept evolution? Maybe we should reciprocate, and just lump all you religious fundamentalists together – surely there’s no need to distinguish between you and Moslem suicide bombers. 6days, what mid-east country did you take your terrorist training in?

DavisBJ

I wasn't posting in anger. I just said, "Grow up." No big thing. Even Jesus got angry at the moneychangers in the Temple of God. Or don't you know about that. No Bible, eh? Noguru, you know what I'm talking about here. In the New Testament?? Matt. 21:12. I didn't say "READ your post." I meant "I" read your post. Do you know what I'm saying here now?

If I'm polite, I'm ridiculous. If I get impolite, I'm 'angry'. You all don't know what you like. You just don't like anything except your evolution and yourselves. Whatever.

Michael
Do you really, really love me? Seriously?

DavisBJ

Im also impressed that he starts with Gods Word as absolute truth...as his starting point to understand the world we live in.
Since I carry no obligation to think the Bible is “God’s Word”, I’m sure you will understand if I refer to it as what historically it is, an old creation myth passed down from an ignorant nomadic society. That makes it a pretty poor candidate for accurately describing aspects of the physical world that were far beyond the knowledge of the people who lived back then.
No.. I don't understand quantum tunneling and neither do you. We can look at explanations from atheist scientists, or Biblical creationist scientists to get two different interpretations of evidence.
You sound like you think I am putting on scholarly airs, referring to such a highfalutin concept as quantum tunneling. To an extent, you are right. It has been too many years since I actually had to grind through the math as it applies to radioactive decay. But I think I still have a grasp on the concepts involved. The fundamental concept of quantum tunneling is taught quite early in many undergraduate quantum physics courses, and the math is not particularly onerous. Applying the idea to the nucleons trapped in the potential energy well in the atomic nucleus is a good bit more challenging. But anyway, my point is that the relevant details have been worked out years ago, and are applied successfully in a myriad of applications, except when you ask a YEC about using the same ideas in radioactive dating. Then the whole thing is a “matter of interpretation”. It’s like YEC issues with Carbon-14 dating. (The RATE project applies here), Baumgardner and company argue strenuously that miniscule background amounts of C-14 detected in samples that should not have it (if the earth is old) shows the earth must be young. But those very measurements at which the background C-14 becomes important are when we are already at 10 or more C-14 half-lives – over 50,000 years. The YEC age of the universe has already been crucified ten times over before that C-14 background is significant.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DavisBJ,

Do you know how miniscule your argument is. Do you see what is happening in the world around you? Who cares about your scientific evolution. Real Life is crashing in around us. What about the unrest in the Middle East and the Near East, and the Ebola virus in Liberia, Africa. Thousands are being killed while you talk to me about Evolution. Give me a break. It is so unbelievable, I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

Don't forget the race riot problem in Ferguson, Missouri.

God Be With Each Of You All,

Michael

Last edited:

alwight

Dear Mark,

Yes, you can see the "Life" in the rocks. The beauty of the different facets of Crystal formations, seemingly different in each rock. Somewhat like a snowflake. How can you NOT believe in a Creator??? That question is not for you, Mark. Remember that Jesus said, 'God is able to raise up children from these stones,' or something to that effect.

Michael
Hi again Michael,
Just a comment here.
I notice that in just one paragraph you blithely skip from the proposing of a possibly required "Creator" into full blown Christianity and a very specific God.
The truth is however that surely you are a believer in the Christian faith first and foremost, come hell or high water, natural wonders or not, quite regardless that an actual logical association between a possible "Creator" of some kind and your particular religious belief simply does not exist.
Notwithstanding any visiting angels of course. :plain:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh Alwight,

Have you heard the news about the Ghost Shark, a hidden species? There's no telling if there are more hidden species that we don't know about, including the Loch Ness monster or Yeti (Bigfoot) men. There's no telling what's going on out there. It is what leads me to believe in my first beliefs, that being an OEC is correct (Old Earth Creationist). Yes, this Earth has been around for millions of years, and yes, it is almost certain that more than one Adam has been on the Earth, but not for certain quite yet. Still, I guess we both are right about certain things and we are wrong about certain things. And yes, you will see that there is a God, a Creator, and someone to be reckoned with; not at all a Sky Fairy. You'll find out!!

Michael

Last edited:

alwight

Dear DavisBJ,

Do you know how miniscule your argument is. Do you see what is happening in the world around you? Who cares about your scientific evolution. Real Life is crashing in around us. What about the unrest in the Middle East and the Near East, and the Ebola virus in Liberia, Africa. Thousands are being killed while you talk to me about Evolution. Give me a break. It is so unbelievable, I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

Don't forget the problem in Ferguson, Missouri.

God Be With Each Of You All,

Michael
I'm 63 and during my lifetime I know that such things have always been going on.
Two world wars, polio, smallpox and Spanish flu before my time have only increased scientific knowledge and didn't result in any end of days, as neither will the troubles of today.

Stuu

Oh, I was just Making a Statement.

I was just saying you were wrong, from the Other day, Remember; when you were saying I was "Just wrong" to Everything I said, without a Rebuttal.

If I were actually Quoting you, there would be a Girls name in the beginning of A Quote box; You would have Recognized your Words, by Seeing them, and realizing they were something you Had said, Yet, Strangely they would be attached to A Woman's Name.

I just can't think of a Woman's name, that Rhymes with Stuu.

Fuu Fuu?
You have a strange way of apologising.

Thanks anyway.

Stuart (as it is spelled)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Mark S.,

It's a good thing I didn't do that next edition on my book. Turns out it may be right after all about an old earth in which God controls every twist and turn. I could still be wrong. I leave it still up to God to confirm things with all of us. So don't think that much has changed.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you really, really love me? Seriously?

Yes, Davis, I love you really. You are no different than many persons. You just don't know all that is going on yet. Am I supposed to quit loving you because you are not up to snuff on all that is actually going on in this lifetime and in this Universe?? I don't wish any evil upon you and I have tried to show this. If I get exasperated sometimes and say "Grow Up," don't judge me too harshly. Even I can get testy.

God Be With You Whether You Want It Or Not,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm 63 and during my lifetime I know that such things have always been going on.
Two world wars, polio, smallpox and Spanish flu before my time have only increased scientific knowledge and didn't result in any end of days, as neither will the troubles of today.

Dear Alwight,

I know you've been through it before, but not all of this at once. And this severe. You will definitely find out, this time, there is a God!! One of my roommates is 65 and even he is surprised. Age doesn't matter. It depends where your beliefs lie.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh!!!! I was Just Laying in Bed, and I totally Thought of it, It's So Simple!!!

It's Sue! Sue is the Name that Rhymes with Stuu.

=M=

Holy Cow!!!

This just Proves, we think alike!!

Night Michael!!! : D

Dear Mark,

I'm with you! Now see what you think of me! Read up!

Michael

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
When Mary Schweitzer found soft dinosaur tissue she said "Can't be". She refused to accept the obvious interpretation...that this dinosaur cant be 65,000,000 years old. She still wont consider the obvious.
She would have to throw out a mountain of evidence to do that. ...

Biblical creationists and evolutionists all use the exact same mountain of evidence. Well.... not exactly the same. In addition to *the evidence from biology, *physics, geology etc., we also have the eye witness account to creation.*

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Biblical creationists and evolutionists all use the exact same mountain of evidence.

Apparently not. As you might have noticed, a lot of the evidence was completely new to creationists here.

Well.... not exactly the same. In addition to *the evidence from biology, *physics, geology etc., we also have the eye witness account to creation.*

The problem, of course, is that eyewitness doesn't say what you want Him to say.

Creationists add some new stuff, and delete some of the original, to make it work their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.