Could Hugh Hefner & Donald Trump Be Homosexual?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Dominance.

Yes. I'm not really interested in arguing about it but thought I'd go ahead and add this:

Despite the prevalence of sexual assault in the United States, a number of misconceptions surround this crime and its victims.

Some of the most common myths include
:

1. Rape is a crime of passion.

The notion that the rapist is controlled by overwhelming lust is far removed from the reality. Psychologists have found that the motivation behind sexual assault is most often the need to dominate and control, rather than the inability to control sexual urges. Rape is primarily an act of power and aggression, with the sexual aspects taking secondary role.

glassjester

If you can appreciate the subtleties of something like "Black Mirror" then ignorance is not an excuse you can use. Seems that you're either just unwilling to acknowledge the erroneous crap of spouting that folk can "choose" to like boring music or at this stage just fundamentally dishonest about it cos you know you can't support it.

Either one isn't good.

You seem really offended by the music thing.

Look, when you said you still don't like Beyonce, and I said I respected your choice - I was just poking fun at you, man.

I don't think your (or anyone's) musical taste could possibly be determined by a singular choice.
But I do think you shape your musical tastes by what you choose to listen to.

And I don't think that's such a controversial thing to believe.

glassjester

I don't think it needs to be explained. The "search" for education is a farce, it's only a gathering of the like-minded.

In the other thread on this topic, Quip provided a link that cited actual interviews with rapists. And in almost every one, their motivation boiled down to them wanting to have sex with the victim.

If there have been other, similar interviews, which support your opinion instead (that rapists are seeking power, not sex), then I would be willing to read sources citing those as well.

Are there any sources like that?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't think it needs to be explained.

can you explain why, if power, control and dominance are the motivating factors, it takes its expression in an act of sexual intercourse?

if someone is unable to resist, and power, control and dominance are the motivating factors, couldn't they be realized much more easily than by engaging in rape?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In the other thread on this topic, Quip provided a link that cited actual interviews with rapists. And in almost every one, their motivation boiled down to them wanting to have sex with the victim.

If there have been other, similar interviews, which support your opinion instead (that rapists are seeking power, not sex), then I would be willing to read sources citing those as well.

Are there any sources like that?

Those interviews were in Kenya. Great for cross-cultural analysis, except you'd need a cohort of U.S. subjects. I suggest you look in that direction. I'm not interested in doing your work for you, and I'm not interested in your grand campaign in which you seem to have forgotten about the victims in your zeal to prove your point.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I don't think it needs to be explained. The "search" for education is a farce, it's only a gathering of the like-minded.

Well fancy that, people can actually hold opinions that are different, it doesn't mean that anyone is marginalizing the act by proposing a different reason than you are. The motivation for rape using violent or non-violent means is not a one size fits all situation anna, different things motivate different people to commit deviant acts, or at least that is how it seems anyway. Whether it is power, dominance & control or a sexual motivator we can all agree that it is deviant behavior, no? I don't think anyone will be right in either case all of the time, people have peculiar reasons for committing deviant acts in many cases.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And if he'd raped men instead? What would that mean?
I'd expect it would mean he was homosexual.

Again:
What you're avoiding in that is the rape part.

Why would a man who could have any number of willing sexual partners instead choose to have sex with an unwilling partner?

If sex is the thing itself that doesn't make sense.

If, however, he takes satisfaction on an emotional and mental level by coupling the purely physical gratification with something else, it begins to make a sad sort of sense.

If sex is serving that other thing first, to the degree that he's willing to risk jail and personal humiliation, along with the inevitable financial ruin, then that other thing demands more notice and discussion.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If it needs to be explained to you why forcing sexual penetration onto someone unable to resist is an exertion of power, control and dominance then that says it all.

What says it all is your complete inability to show that the motive for rape is control and dominance. Instead of acknowledging that it's made up nonsense, originated by women who want to make everything about control and dominance, you'd rather be an idiot about it and say what you're saying now.

Here's a list of things you would disagree with AnnaBanana on in anything pertaining to men and women:

*end*

And that is why you have Stockholm syndrome. Liberal women are your boss, Arthurette Brain :wave2:

Arthur Brain

What says it all is your complete inability to show that the motive for rape is control and dominance. Instead of acknowledging that it's made up nonsense, originated by women who want to make everything about control and dominance, you'd rather be an idiot about it and say what you're saying now.

Here's a list of things you would disagree with AnnaBanana on in anything pertaining to men and women:

*end*

And that is why you have Stockholm syndrome. Liberal women are your boss, Arthurette Brain :wave2:

You're just some dumb kid with a massive hang up with women. Your stupid 'Stockholm syndrome' mantra is synonymous of precisely why you're an idiot along with your complete and total ignorance of the opposite sex in general. Who knows why you're this pompous little brat, maybe you got dumped or rejected to the prom or something but your "views" aren't respected in general here, by men and women alike.

So go 'wave' at yourself some more and pretend that you have a clue.

Arthur Brain

You seem really offended by the music thing.

Look, when you said you still don't like Beyonce, and I said I respected your choice - I was just poking fun at you, man.

I don't think your (or anyone's) musical taste could possibly be determined by a singular choice.
But I do think you shape your musical tastes by what you choose to listen to.

And I don't think that's such a controversial thing to believe.

It's not just that though is it? You're adamant that people can choose to train themselves to like manufactured pop crap even though it bores them rigid. You've had nothing to support that line since you first brought it into the convo and you were earnest about it as well despite being shown how ludicrous such a position actually is.

I search out music in all manner of genres and sub genres, some of which I'll wager you probably haven't even heard of and at the same time I'll still have time for a "popular" piece or band if there's something about a track that catches my ear. Heck, one day I was sitting in a beer garden and was transfixed by the sounds of a cement mixer for ten minutes so quit with this notion that people "choose" and "form" what music they like. When I was 13 and bedridden with measles I did not "choose" to be blown away by 'The Rite Of Spring', just as much as I didn't choose to contract measles in the bloody first place.

If, after having enjoyed a piece of music by a composer/band/outfit then sure, I'm likely to search out more of their output and related. Can't say there's any where I enjoy every single piece in their oeuvre but that again is not a choice either. I've switched off from bands when they've taken a more commercial route as the music no longer appealed but became formulaic. Again, not a choice.

So, if you still want to persist with this bonkers notion that I could "choose" to start enjoying commercial pap like Beyonce and the equivalent then I've no more time for it or you frankly. Because you will be being fundamentally dishonest at that point and there's enough trolls to contend with with the likes of SOD and Cruc on here as it is.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're just some dumb kid with a massive hang up with women. Your stupid 'Stockholm syndrome' mantra is synonymous of precisely why you're an idiot along with your complete and total ignorance of the opposite sex in general. Who knows why you're this pompous little brat, maybe you got dumped or rejected to the prom or something but your "views" aren't respected in general here, by men and women alike.

So go 'wave' at yourself some more and pretend that you have a clue.

It takes a realist to comprehend reality- you all are not realists. You're all 'good feelists', who labor under any lie that is convenient. It's you who do not understand your own sex, so you've taken to being 'educated' by your female captors who, apparently to you, know everything.

No man can say with an honest face that rapists rape for control or dominance- that's the primary reason I'm on here telling you that you are a straight up full fledged, bonafide, hardcore Stockholm syndrome ridden idiot :rotfl:

Arthur Brain

It takes a realist to comprehend reality- you all are not realists. You're all 'good feelists', who labor under any lie that is convenient. It's you who do not understand your own sex, so you've taken to being 'educated' by your female captors who, apparently to you, know everything.

No man can say with an honest face that rapists rape for control or dominance- that's the primary reason I'm on here telling you that you are a straight up full fledged, bonafide, hardcore Stockholm syndrome ridden idiot :rotfl:

Wow, what an idiot.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As I've tried to get people to consider, if rape was just about wanting sex then it doesn't make sense in most cases, given that sexual release doesn't require the risk of life and liberty. And when you see it among men who could have willing partners it makes even less sense, unless sex is the instrument of some other motive and the sexual experience is in service to that motivation.

Arthur Brain

As I've tried to get people to consider, if rape was just about wanting sex then it doesn't make sense in most cases, given that sexual release doesn't require the risk of life and liberty. And when you see it among men who could have willing partners it makes even less sense, unless sex is the instrument of some other motive and the sexual experience is in service to that motivation.

Well, the trolls aren't interested in rationality even if they can understand it...cos where's the kicks in that when there's inflammatory fun to be had?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
As I've tried to get people to consider, if rape was just about wanting sex then it doesn't make sense in most cases, given that sexual release doesn't require the risk of life and liberty.

Desperation, obsessing over sex, etc. are not weak forces. A rapist is one whose desire overpowers their respect for consent, a serial rapist is one who has found it easy to do so.

It's that simple. Rapist rape because it's sex, if they wanted violence or dominance they could just mop the floor with a woman.

And when you see it among men who could have willing partners it makes even less sense, unless sex is the instrument of some other motive and the sexual experience is in service to that motivation.

Contrary to what many may think, money or fame doesn't give one a free selection on who they want as a sexual partner, especially if you're an unapproachable old man famous for children shows :plain:
As well, the rich and famous take advantage of their status- they figure no woman is going to have too much a problem with them no matter what they do.

The fact of the matter is that you've just been duped, hombre. It's feminism trying to insert a notion of male dominance, just as they do with every single issue from marriage, to the workplace, and all the way to public dress code.
Just stop, dude :chuckle: