Conservatives: public enemy number 1

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Is that why Comrade DHS Secretary Napolitano signed off on it and defended it?

You're shocked that bureaucrats are reluctant to give up power?

Remember when you were warned that door could swing both ways?

Welcome to Earth.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
How much power does an out-of-office administration have?
:rotfl: Don't get all prissy on me now. It would be helpful if I could discern what you are going on about.
Welcome to Earth.
:darwinsm: How you do go on. Would have been nice if you had attempted, in some fashion no matter how flawed, to answer the question.

Ecumenicist

This whole thread reinforces my suspicion that right wingers have no ability to empathize whatever, i.e. imagine that they are in the shoes of others.

Its as if Jesus said "Do unto others and then be surprized and hurt when it comes back to smack you in the face."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:

How much power does an out-of-office administration have?

Yep. I guess you are. It didn't seem so bad when Bush had that kind of power, um? Now, suddenly, it seems like a bad idea to you. Would you be upset if I pointed out that many of us told you so?

Barbarian suggests:

Don't get all prissy on me now.

Personal responsibility is now "prissy." You voted for Bush, um?

It would be helpful if I could discern what you are going on about.

Apparently, an alien concept for you. What people do has consequences. People tend to hold you accountable for the things you support.

Barbarian chuckles:
Welcome to Earth.

How you do go on.

"Prissy", um? :D

DocJohnson

This whole thread reinforces my suspicion that right wingers have no ability to empathize whatever, i.e. imagine that they are in the shoes of others.

Its as if Jesus said "Do unto others and then be surprized and hurt when it comes back to smack you in the face."

Empathize with what, exactly? Just because a Republican was in office when that absurd policy was put into place doesn't mean Conservatives were in favor of it. True Conservatives oppose anything that gives the federal government more power.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Empathize with what, exactly? Just because a Republican was in office when that absurd policy was put into place doesn't mean Conservatives were in favor of it. True Conservatives oppose anything that gives the federal government more power.
I believe we're seeing some phony partisan outrage directed at a strawman. At any rate, neither of the antagonists want to comment on the original subject.

Seems they're back to picking fights with mythical opponents. :jolly:

Granite

Hall of Fame

And a true conservative hasn't been in power since Coolidge. Oh well.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
"No true Scotsman" strikes again.

You see, real conservatives didn't support the Patriot Act. Well, Ron Paul didn't. But who else? All the other republicans who claimed to be conservatives did. And they suggested that Paul was really a liberal, because he didn't rush to sign away our freedoms.

Bush wasn't a conservative. Cheney wasn't. Tom DeLay wasn't. (long list)....

But why were all of you self-proclaimed rightwingers supporting them when they did it?

(I'm aware a very few of you did not, and I commend you)

And now the same people are terrified and outraged that the federal executive branch should have this kind of power over us. One more time:

We told you so.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Does that make you feel better?
Ooooooooooo! Got the "word" the the FBI has been investigating some war veterans and active duty military personnel for "right-wing extremist" activities.

Oh my! This just gets better, doesn't it? Brings back memories of the "People's Commissariat for State Security" or the "Secret State Police", whichever one prefers. Ich bin sicher, er, I mean, I am certain that Comrade Dear Leader Obama has only our best interests at heart.

koban

There's nothing to worry about.

The Obamessiah will make everything all better.

After all, he's the people we've been waiting for. :darwinsm:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
"No true Scotsman" strikes again.

You see, real conservatives didn't support the Patriot Act. Well, Ron Paul didn't. But who else? All the other republicans who claimed to be conservatives did. And they suggested that Paul was really a liberal, because he didn't rush to sign away our freedoms.

Bush wasn't a conservative. Cheney wasn't. Tom DeLay wasn't. (long list)....

But why were all of you self-proclaimed rightwingers supporting them when they did it?

(I'm aware a very few of you did not, and I commend you)

And now the same people are terrified and outraged that the federal executive branch should have this kind of power over us. One more time:

We told you so.
:darwinsm: Do you really think all the lofty prattling will save you from the effects of it because you proclaim yourself to be on the proper ideological side of the argument?

I return your greeting: Welcome to Earth, Comrade. :duh:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you really think all the lofty prattling will save you from the effects of it because you proclaim yourself to be on the proper ideological side of the argument?

No, I'm just pointing out to you what a moron you were for supporting it. And yes, enjoying just a little, your outrage as you suddenly realize the door swings both ways.

Pray that Obama is a better man than Dubya was.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Do you really think all the lofty prattling will save you from the effects of it because you proclaim yourself to be on the proper ideological side of the argument?

No, I'm just pointing out to you what a moron you were for supporting it.
Really? And how do you know I supported it? Seems that groupthink is one of your many myths.
And yes, enjoying just a little, your outrage as you suddenly realize the door swings both ways.
:rotfl: You must enjoy creating mythical antagonists. You also assume that your mythical antagonists are just as you are.
I know who Obama is as well as I know who George Bush is. What I don't have are the illusions and delusions you have.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:
No, I'm just pointing out to you what a moron you were for supporting it.

Yep. And like most Bush apologists, you are now fleeing the consequences in full denial.

Barbarian observes:
And yes, enjoying just a little, your outrage as you suddenly realize the door swings both ways.

You must enjoy creating mythical antagonists.

I wouldn't describe you as "mythical." "Unrealistic" would be a good choice.

Barbarian suggests:

I know who Obama is as well as I know who George Bush is.

If so, you've given us no reason to think so.

What I don't have are the illusions and delusions you have.

Maybe it's too late for you to be revising what you wrote.

nicholsmom

american-flag.jpg

After the 9-11 terrorist attacks the federal government instituted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to prepare for, prevent, and respond to domestic emergencies, particularly terrorism. Now, under the Obama administration it appears that the target of this department has shifted from Islamic Terrorists to farmers, firemen, and fishermen.

Yes folks.... if you are right wing politically you might just be the target of your own Federal Government's Homeland Security Department.

The Homeland Security Department issued a 9 page report to local Police Departments warning against such threats as "Disgruntled Military Veterans ". :shocked:

The report states... "will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months" to gather information on "rightwing extremist activity in the United States."

The joint federal-state activities will have "a particular emphasis" on the causes of "rightwing extremist radicalization."

:think:

I wonder how it will be until websites like TOL are shut down and considered a threat to Homeland Security?

Download the actual Homeland Security report here.

Have you heard about the tech-czar? What I really want to know is, if they are concerned about "extremists" then why designate just the rightwing ones? If it is the extremism that makes a right-winger dangerous, then why does it not also make a left-winger dangerous? Have they also singled out the leftwing extremists? :nono: So it is just the opposing viewpoint that is being labled as "dangerous," not the extremism at all.

I feel like I have a target painted on my backside.

bybee

Excellent point!!!

Excellent point!!!

Have you heard about the tech-czar? What I really want to know is, if they are concerned about "extremists" then why designate just the rightwing ones? If it is the extremism that makes a right-winger dangerous, then why does it not also make a left-winger dangerous? Have they also singled out the leftwing extremists? :nono: So it is just the opposing viewpoint that is being labled as "dangerous," not the extremism at all.

I feel like I have a target painted on my backside.

You're not alone dearie! First, I love my country. Then, I'm a conservative. Extremism from either side poses dangers for all of us just trying to survive. The government "micromanagement of all aspects of our lives has become a very dangerous form of extremism. bybee