College Football 2015

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, seeing it thru burgundy colored glasses does give one an odd perspective. :)
:chuckle: We played a good game with the run, were horrible passing and missed a handful of defensive opportunities we normally wouldn't. And it still took a late rally by Ten to be have a chance to win, which we then took from them before our defense did what it had to do and mostly does, help this team finish a game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you guys talk about the Tide more than I do. :plain: :eek:

The Tide is to college football what the Patriots are to the NFL.

Outside of Alabama, most people hate them because they win too much.

If they start losing, you won't hear much about them from us non-Alabama people.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting day today.

Utah got beat pretty good.

Fla. St. lost to a Georgia Tech team that was 0-4 in the ACC heading into today's game. Just when we thought there wouldn't be another famous "Kick-6", we got one.

Alabama squeaked out a win. Peyton Manning on the Tennessee sideline must have spooked them.

Clemson gave the Miami Hurricanes their worst loss in school history.

Baylor didn't crack the "50 Point" barrier for the first time this season. They only scored 45 points.

Ohio St actually played like a team ranked #1, but it was against Rutgers.

Ole Miss returned to its early season form.

Toledo looked like they were going to show everyone they were from the MAC, but then scored 41 points in the second half.

Duke, Pitt, and North Carolina keep winning. Somebody forgot to tell these three schools that the ACC Coastal isn't a basketball division.

That about covers it. Florida State staying close should not have been a surprise, as Ga Tech has underachieved all year. Florida State-Clemson is probably still the play in game for the ACC. Unless FSU wins.

Alabama won a close game on the road. That happens in conference, like with Pitt. LSU continues to get better. They could be the favorite against Alabama. I don't see how Ole Miss wins that division.

Ohio State reinserts their record setting QB for the one that was only 10-0 as a starter and they finally clicked. Rutgers is not a good team but had athletes. They are probably used to running from police after break-ins and burglaries they commit. Maybe they should go down to the U and they can all play together.

PAC 12 remains to be seen. However, Ed McCaffrey's son is a baller, big time, for Stanford.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Tide is to college football what the Patriots are to the NFL.

Outside of Alabama, most people hate them because they win too much.

If they start losing, you won't hear much about them from us non-Alabama people.
Alabama fans are accustomed. When the rest of the nation isn't busy hating us Auburn will keep the chair warm anyway. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I talk about Alabama and Ohio State because I think they were the two best last year and this year. Clemson is looking good, although they haven't played anybody outside of Notre Dame. Oklahoma is also showing life after losing to a pathetic Texas team.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The Tide had a commit flip to Ole Miss. And it was before kickoff of the A&M game. He is from Mississippi, so it seems like it could be reasonable. But knowing the SEC bagmen and how Ole Miss came from nowhere to bag Robert Nkemdiche is slightly stinky. Maybe the Mannings are financing it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Baylor's QB is out for the rest of the year.

Here's who is left:

Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Clemson
LSU
TCU

Darkhorses:

Alabama
Iowa
Stanford
Florida
Oklahoma St.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Baylor's QB is out for the rest of the year.

Here's who is left:

Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Clemson
LSU
TCU

Darkhorses:

Alabama
Iowa
Stanford
Florida
Oklahoma St.

I think there are 8 teams undefeated. There are also a bunch of one loss teams. But, they play each other. Michigan State-Ohio State play in Columbus, I think OSU wins this one.

LSU-Alabama. I think the Alabama chance is very strong. Maybe that is worse case scenario for the SEC knowing Ole Miss controls their destiny. Maybe Florida and Ole Miss make Atlanta and Florida wins. Or Maybe LSU runs the table. Either way should lock up a spot with the MSU-OSU winner. Seeding not determined.

Right now, I favor Clemson over FSU. Pitt is looking like a formidable opponent in the ACC title game. Pitt and Duke still have to go head to head.

The PAC 12 has to have Stanford win out from here including Notre Dame. Because if Notre Dame wins out with wins over Stanford, USC and currently unbeaten Temple, they will be in.

The Big 12 has a chance at a one loss champion in Oklahoma. We shall see about Baylor and their alleged plug and play system. The good news is, the incoming freshmen was the number 2 rated dual quarterback. TCU-Baylor-OU all still play each other in November.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On November 7, I will be rooting for the fighting Dan Marinos against the Domers.

:madmad:

I remember it like it was yesterday. Pitt was 7-0 and #1 in the nation, Marino was a senior. Then on November 6, 1982 they lost 31-16 at home to Notre Dame.

However, that was nowhere near as bad as the season before, when Pitt was 10-0 and #1 in the nation, and then lost 48-14 to Penn St. at home, after being up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter. Pitt went on to beat Herschel Walker and #2 Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, while Penn St won the National Championship.

Dan Marino was the QB in both of Pitt's loses.

As great as Marino was, he just never could win the big games, and Pitt has never returned to the elite status they had back then.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many fans might not have known that North Carolina is 6-1, the same as Pitt.