climate change

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dr. Steven Schneider was a climatologist.

In 1978 Schneider was worried about an ice age. In 2008 Schneider was worried about global warming.

Schneider shows how climatologists were claiming an ice age was coming in the 70's, then changed their minds to global warming:

Schneider vs. Schneider

zoo22

Okay, hey tetelestai, besides your Schneider vs. Schneider climate thing, will you please tell us about the Jews and the global warming hoax?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, hey tetelestai, besides your weird Schneider v Schneider thing,

What's weird about it?

It shows a climatologist who was concerned about the coming ice age in 1978. Then, the same climatologist is concerned about global warming in 2008.

You don't like it because those who subscribe to the global warming hoax are trying to rewrite history.

zoo22

You don't like it because those who subscribe to the global warming hoax are trying to rewrite history.

Ookay...

Yeah, sounds great. SO. ... about the ice age... So when are you going to show us the school text book from the 70's that you keep yapping about? Now? Soon? When? It should be very easy for you to show us. So please...

Show us your science school book from the 70's that told us all about the ice age.

You've been yapping about it, so please show us... It should be easy. Right? Do it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In 1974 the CIA issued a report and used the best climatologists at the time, and they all agreed that there was global COOLING.

The CIA report is called “A Study of Climatological Research as it Pertain to Intelligence Problems”.

It was issued in August 1974

It is filed with the Library of Congress – CLIMATE SCIENTISTS PREDICT GLOBAL COOLING! (LC control no.: 76603473)

You can order it and see for yourself.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From the BBC's 1974 documentary, "The Weather Machine":

The Weather Machine - 1974

As we see above, in 1974 George Kukla senior research scientist at the Lamont–Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University tells us the ice age was coming.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tet writes:
What's weird about it?

For one thing, several people here have shown you that climatologists who were worried about warming were much more numerous than climatologists who were worried about cooling, back in the 1970s. And you were also shown that as evidence accumulated, more and more of those who were concerned with cooling came to accept the consensus that warming was a problem.

And then, in spite of all your denials, you us an example of that:

It shows a climatologist who was concerned about the coming ice age in 1978. Then, the same climatologist is concerned about global warming in 2008.

Didn't you even think about it? Do you now see how this is another damaging admission against your attempt to rewrite history?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
As we see above, in 1974 George Kukla senior research scientist at the Lamont–Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University tells us the ice age was coming.

He used to be popular with deniers, until he said he had revised his estimate of "coming" to about 5,000 years from now, and then admitted that the warming trend is real, and that some of the warming trend is caused by humans.

Most of you guys have abandoned him for that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So when are you going to show us the school text book from the 70's that you keep yapping about? Now? Soon? When? It should be very easy for you to show us. So please...

Here's a copy of the front cover of "Science News" from March 1, 1975. We used to read this magazine in school, and used it sometimes for projects. I was in 6th grade in 1975.

1975-03-01.jpg

Notice on the cover it says "The Ice Age Cometh?"

Notice the cover shows a giant glacier coming down from the north onto Manhattan.

In science class we use to do salt relief map projects on the Ice Age.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So a magazine is your "textbook?" Another bit of bending the truth from tet.

I searched for grade school science books from the 70's. I couldn't find any sites that had anything, let alone info on the coming Ice Age. All I could find were some covers of a few science textbooks.

Yes, back in the 70's we didn't have the internet to do projects. We had to go to the library and use books and magazines for source info.

We were taught by our science teachers that an Ice Age was coming soon. We were told that when we were adults we would maybe have to move to the south because Pittsburgh would be covered in ice.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So a magazine is your "textbook?" Another bit of bending the truth from tet.

Did he say it was a textbook you disingenuous moron? No he did not. He said that in the 6th grade they read from it in class. I posted a very large group of newspaper, magazine, & science journal clippings from the mid seventies which touted the same thing as this magazine. Are you a "denier" that scientists did believe we were headed to an ice age in the mid-seventies? Are you that intellectually dishonest that you would deny the fact that they (scientists) had it wrong back then?

journey

Did he say it was a textbook you disingenuous moron? No he did not. He said that in the 6th grade they read from it in class. I posted a very large group of newspaper, magazine, & science journal clippings from the mid seventies which touted the same thing as this magazine. Are you a "denier" that scientists did believe we were headed to an ice age in the mid-seventies? Are you that intellectually dishonest that you would deny the fact that they (scientists) had it wrong back then?

He can't deny it. Many of us were there and remember it well. I'm one of them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He can't deny it. Many of us were there and remember it well. I'm one of them.

Yep.

Everyone over the age of 50 knows what happened in the 70's. We were told an Ice Age was coming.

The HOAX proponents are trying to rewrite history.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I don't really care about the opinion of people who are mostly of atheists.

Most of these people and organizations that you speak of deny that God created the earth.
There has never been a society that advocated a "flat earth". "Flat earth" is a strawman made up by Progressive Liberals.

If you really think a society existed that advocated a flat earth, please show us who they were.

As for geocentrism, . Einstein said both Ptolemy and Galileo were correct.

Using Einstein's theory of relativity, either can be proven true.

I can show you more people with PhD's in astronomy who advocate geocentrism, than I can show climatologists who disagree with man made global warming.
1. Einstein, Ptolemy and Galileo were all scientists and "Tetelestai" has already dismissed their opinion - because as we all know, scientists and scientific organizations are all atheists!

2. The "flat earth," "geocentrism" view of the solar system was widely accepted in Europe and was only brought into question after Columbus' voyages to the New World.

- there has never been a society that advocated a "flat earth

- using Einstein's theory of relativity, either can be proven true

- I can show you more people with PhD's in astronomy who advocate geocentrism, than I can show climatologists who disagree with man made global warming

3. "Tetelestai" keeps throwing out buzarre comments as if they were facts - no references. no documentation, no understanding!

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2. The "flat earth," "geocentrism" view of the solar system was widely accepted in Europe and was only brought into question after Columbus' voyages to the New World.

No one believed in a flat earth.

Columbus left Spain and headed west for the East Indies because he knew the world was round.

Yes they were geocentrists, but no one believed in a flat earth.

Geocentrism is not synonymous with "flat earth"

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Zoo challenges tet to show him the "Ice age" textbook)

(tet switches to a magazine)

Did he say it was a textbook you disingenuous moron?

Yep. And Zoo called him on it. But there was no such book, so he substituted a magazine.

I posted a very large group of newspaper, magazine, & science journal clippings from the mid seventies which touted the same thing as this magazine.

Newspapers and magazines. Which journal of climatology did you cite?

Are you a "denier" that scientists did believe we were headed to an ice age in the mid-seventies?

Well, let's take a look...

Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 89, 1325–1337
Volume 89, Issue 9 (September 2008)
The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus
Climate science as we know it today did not exist in the 1960s and 1970s. The integrated enterprise embodied in the Nobel Prizewinning work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change existed then as separate threads of research pursued by isolated groups of scientists. Atmospheric chemists and modelers grappled with the measurement of changes in carbon dioxide and atmospheric gases, and the changes in climate that might result. Meanwhile, geologists and paleoclimate researchers tried to understand when Earth slipped into and out of ice ages, and why. An enduring popular myth suggests that in the 1970s the climate science community was predicting “global cooling” and an “imminent” ice age, an observation frequently used by those who would undermine what climate scientists say today about the prospect of global warming. A review of the literature suggests that, on the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking as being one of the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales. More importantly than showing the falsehood of the myth, this review describes how scientists of the time built the foundation on which the cohesive enterprise of modern climate science now rests.

Hmm... not exactly what you told us...

1970s_papers.gif

This is not at all what you told us it was. Notice that even in the 70s, most climatologists anticipated warming, and that as evidence accumulated, more and more of those that didn't, began to accept that warming was coming.

At some point, you're going to have to make a truce with reality. Sooner the better.

Are you that intellectually dishonest that you would deny the fact that they (scientists) had it wrong back then?

And I deny that Mitt Romney is president. For the same reason. I was there, then, doing science in graduate school. There's no point in you trying to sell that story to me. I was there.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No one believed in a flat earth.

Almost no one. By the time Rome was founded, educated people knew the world was a sphere.

Columbus was criticized not by flat-earthers, but by people who realized that he had badly underestimated the size of the Earth. If it hadn't been for America, he'd have died out there on that ocean.

The reason he called native Americans "Indians" was because according to his figures, he should have been in India.