climate change

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In 1977 a book titled "The Weather Conspiracy: The Coming of the New Ice Age" was published by Random House.

You can purchase the book on Amazon HERE

The front cover:

Weather-conspiracy-368x620.jpg

The back cover:

811fpcl%2BV4L.jpg

Notice what it says on the back cover:

"MANY OF THE WORLDS LEADING CLIMATOLOGISTS CONCUR: WE ARE SLIPPIING TOWARDS A NEW ICE AGE"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
in 1974 The National Science Board announced:

"During the last 20 to 30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade. Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end…leading into the next ice age.”

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
tet tries again:
So far, all you have done is produced a bogus chart that claims what you claim.
As you know, it was a survey of literature that showed, even in the 1970s, the consensus among climatologists was for warming. I suggested that you show us any climatology journal that is not on electronic storage, and you declined to do that. I also suggested that you could show us your own data from climatology journals, and you also declined to do that.

You have been provided with numerous authentic articles,

Newspapers stories, magazine articles and nothing from climatology literature.

That's a pretty big clue for you alone.

and videos from the 70's

So far, none of your videos were made in the 70s. Do you know when video became widely available?

that all show climatologists claiming an ice age was upon us.

As you learned, even in the 70s, the consensus of climatologists was for warming.

What you haven't done is provide us with any articles or videos

This is probably going to be hard for you to understand, but climatologists rarely publish in newspapers or on You Tube.

But there's a lot of that in the literature:
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Oct 1970; 67(2): 898–899.
PMCID: PMC283289
Carbon dioxide and its role in climate change.
G S Benton
At present, the natural causes of climatic change are probably more important than the effects of man-made gaseous and particulate pollution. However the balance is changing as industrialization, urbanization, and transportation continue to grow at an accelerating rate. Some years from now, man will control his climate, inadvertently or advertantly. Before that day arrives, it is essential that scientists understand thoroughly the dynamics of climate.

You were lied to, Tet. Learn from it, and start thinking for yourself.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Oct 1970; 67(2): 898–899.
PMCID: PMC283289
Carbon dioxide and its role in climate change.
G S Benton
At present, the natural causes of climatic change are probably more important than the effects of man-made gaseous and particulate pollution. However the balance is changing as industrialization, urbanization, and transportation continue to grow at an accelerating rate. Some years from now, man will control his climate, inadvertently or advertantly. Before that day arrives, it is essential that scientists understand thoroughly the dynamics of climate.

Nothing in the above about "global warming".

But keep trying. Maybe if you look hard enough you can find a fake 70's article about "global warming".

In the meantime keep trying to rewrite history. Keep changing temperatures from the 1930's and keep telling everyone climatologists weren't predicting an ice age in the 1970's.

In order to keep a myth alive, the myth has to keep being repeated over and over again.

zoo22

Nothing in the above about "global warming".

But keep trying. Maybe if you look hard enough you can find a fake 70's article about "global warming".

In the meantime keep trying to rewrite history. Keep changing temperatures from the 1930's and keep telling everyone climatologists weren't predicting an ice age in the 1970's.

In order to keep a myth alive, the myth has to keep being repeated over and over again.

Rad. Okee-dokee. Hey, speaking of repeating myths over and over again... Will you tell us about your 70's schoolbook again?

No, really, tell us about it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rad. Okee-dokee. Hey, speaking of repeating myths over and over again... Will you tell us about your 70's schoolbook again?

No, really, tell us about it.

Why don't you show us something from the 70's that claims global warming?

I have provided numerous sources over and over again from the 70's that go on and on about the coming Ice Age.

You guys have nothing but a fake graph.

zoo22

I have provided numerous sources over and over again from the 70's that go on and on about the coming Ice Age.

You guys have nothing but a fake graph.

Okay. ... I've destroyed your sources again and again. Right? You know that.

Hey, also, tell us again that story about your 70's schoolbook. Please?

:plain:

Actually, wait, why don't you tell us again about how the Jews are behind the "climate change hoax."

Seriously...

Will you please tell us again about how you believe the Jews are behind the "climate change hoax."

Spoiler
It's no secret that the earth goes through cooling periods as well as warming periods.

What is false is that man-kind has any effect on the warming and/or cooling periods.

Besides Al Gore, let's look at the key players in the "Climate Change" hoax:

Jeffrey Skoll(Ashkenazi Jew) – Executive Producer, An Inconvenient Truth

Joseph J. Romm(Ashkenazi Jew) – Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress

Stephen H. Schneider(Ashkenazi Jew) – Professor of Environmental Biology and Global Change, Stanford University

Michael E. Mann(Ashkenazi Jew) – Professor of Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University

Gavin A. Schmidt(Ashkenazi Jew) – Climatologist, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies

Benjamin D. Santer(Ashkenazi Jew) – Climate Researcher, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Todd D. Stern(Ashkenazi Jew) – Special Envoy for Climate Change, U.S. State Department

Richard L. Sandor(Ashkenazi Jew) – Chairman and Founder, Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX)

Nicholas H. Stern(Ashkenazi Jew) – Professor of Economics and Government, London School of Economics (LSE)

Ignacy Sachs(Ashkenazi Jew) – Socioeconomist, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales

So, Jews make up less than 2% of the US population yet the leading men behind the "Climate Change" hoax are all Ashkenazi Jews. Not to mention that George Soros is a Jew.

What are the odds that all the leading men would be 100% Jewish when the Jews make up less than 2% of the population?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay. ... Hey, tell us again that story about your 70's schoolbook.

My schoolbooks from the 70's were in agreement with climatologists in the 70's. Both said an Ice Age was coming.

Actually, why don't you tell us again about how the Jews are behind the "climate change hoax."

If you would pay attention, I showed how Goldman Sachs would have made billions each year had Cap & Trade and the Chicago Climate Exchange have been implemented.

Goldman Sachs is run by Jews, therefore, the Jews would have made lots of money.

Tell us again about how the Jews are behind the "climate change hoax."

Funny how you, nor any other hoax proponent can provide any articles from the 70's stating global warming was going to happen.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can any global warming hoax proponent provide a book from the 70's about global warming?

Here's one about the Ice Age that was coming:

Weather-conspiracy-368x620.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would like to once again point out what is said on the back of the book:

"MANY OF THE WORLDS LEADING CLIMATOLOGISTS CONCUR: WE ARE SLIPPIING TOWARDS A NEW ICE AGE"

Maybe one of you hoax proponents can show us a book from the 70's that says many of the worlds leading climatologists concur that global warming is coming?

Selaphiel

Here is a small selection

1) "Climate change: Are we on the brink of a pronounced global warming?" W. S. Broecker (http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/files/2009/10/broeckerglobalwarming75.pdf) (1975)

2) "Greenhouse Effects of Some Atmospheric Constituents" by J. T. Houghton (http://rsta.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/290/1376/515) (1979)

3) "Numerical simulation of climate and climatic change" by A. Gilchrist (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v276/n5686/abs/276342a0.html) (1978)

4) "Atmospheric pollution and global climatic change" by William P. Lowry (http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1934307?uid=3738744&uid=2&uid=4&sid=21105124048033) (1972)

5) "West Antarctic ice sheet and CO2 greenhouse effect: a threat of disaster" by J. H. Mercer (https://courses.seas.harvard.edu/cl...arctic-ice-sheets/nature_mercer_1978_wais.pdf) (1978)

6) "The effects of doubling the CO2 concentration on the climate of a general circulation model" by Syokuro Manabe and Richard T. Wetherald (http://www.google.no/books?hl=no&lr...LAmJiWBFSBjsI&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false) (1975)

So where are all the peer reviewed articles predicting cooling? All of this is available online. Considering you are claiming that it was an overwhelming consensus and that my 6 are just a small selection, it should be easy for you to present at least 10 papers that predicted cooling in the 70s. And no, newspaper and magazine articles do not count, nor do a quote on the back of a book or your memories from school.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I would like to once again point out what is said on the back of the book:

[sarcasm]Oh, it's on the back of a paperback book? It must be true![/sarcasm]

Your myth has been repeatedly demolished. Now, you're just looking increasingly foolish.

zoo22

My schoolbooks from the 70's were in agreement with climatologists in the 70's. Both said an Ice Age was coming.

Yeah. Your schoolbooks from the 70's. So you say, again and again and again and again... I think you've been yapping about your schoolbooks from the 70's for years... right? Haven't you been yapping about your 70's schoolbooks here at TOL for years now?

But... You never show any proof of those schoolbooks. Do you? Weird. Seems weird to me. And let's be real: schoolbooks were/are printed in massive, massive numbers... It's not like they'd just disappear.

So how about you show us, tetelestai? Why don't you back up what you say. It should be very easy. I won't hold my breath, but come on... Please show us your school science books from the 70's that you keep telling us about.

Or shut up about it. One or the other. Show us or shut up? How about that? Deal? Sound good?

If you would pay attention, I showed how Goldman Sachs would have made billions each year had Cap & Trade and the Chicago Climate Exchange have been implemented.

Goldman Sachs is run by Jews, therefore, the Jews would have made lots of money.

Yeah, the Jews. Got it. Yikes. The Jews and the global warming hoax!

:plain:

Funny how you, nor any other hoax proponent can provide any articles from the 70's stating global warming was going to happen.

Are you kidding? I've destroyed your baloney again and again. You're a joke to me; with every interaction, you become less and less relevant to reality. You remind me a lot of the 80's when there were crackheads roaming the city streets.

Anyway. Tell us again about the Jews and the global warming hoax.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Tet denies polar bears are raiding garbage because ice isn't forming to let them hunt)

Well, let's take a look...

Experts say the slow formation of winter ice on Hudson Bay this year has pushed some of Canada's polar bears to the brink of starvation and forced them to scrounge for food near old garbage dumps.

The bears weren't able to get onto the ice to hunt seals until late November this year, which observers say is becoming the norm.

David Barber, one of the world's top Arctic researchers, said Hudson Bay polar bears have lost six weeks of hunting time on the ice due to climate change.

The bay often doesn't freeze up until early December now and thaws earlier in the spring, he said, leaving polar bears with less time to bulk up on fatty seal meat.
'They're basically starving'

"Those bears are all lining up along the coast line waiting for the ice to form," said Barber, who holds the Canada research chair in Arctic science at the University of Manitoba.

"They're basically all starving. They are really at their limit biologically."

Polar bears depend on winter hunting to build up enough fat to carry them through the lean summer months on land. The bears lose at least one kilogram of fat a day when they aren't on the ice.

Given they are off the ice for up to 150 days, the hefty bears can lose well over 100 kilograms — leaving some emaciated by the time the ice freezes again...Peter Ewins, director of species conservation at World Wildlife Fund Canada, was at the Hudson Bay community of Churchill, Man., in November to observe the state of the bears first-hand.

As the temperature hovered around freezing, Ewins watched starving polar bears nosing around old grain stores and garbage dumps while others were found dead. The odd berry patch and goose egg nest isn't enough to sustain the massive mammal, he said.

"The weaker individuals, the ones who are less proficient at hunting, they were in poorer condition and it was visible this year," Ewins said. "It's just an indicator that those less fit, poorer quality bears were really up against the wall already."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ome-hudson-bay-polar-bears-starving-1.1204260

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So where are all the peer reviewed articles predicting cooling? All of this is available online. Considering you are claiming that it was an overwhelming consensus and that my 6 are just a small selection, it should be easy for you to present at least 10 papers that predicted cooling in the 70s. And no, newspaper and magazine articles do not count, nor do a quote on the back of a book or your memories from school.

It would take time, but here is one for starters:

Variations in the Earth's Orbit: Pacemaker of the Ice Ages

To save time, you can just go to www.populartechnology.net where they have 1,350+ peer reviewed articles listed that Support Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarmism

HERE are the 1,350+ peer reviewed articles.

It would take me awhile to go through them all and sort out the ones from the 70's

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Tet denies polar bears are raiding garbage because ice isn't forming to let them hunt)

Well, let's take a look...

The article you posted above is from 2012

Since 2012 the Arctic ice has increased over 1.4 million square kilometers.

In the above article it states "The bears weren't able to get onto the ice to hunt seals until late November this year, which observers say is becoming the norm."

According to NSIDC, this year the ice began its growth Sept 17, 2014

Therefore the article is wrong about late November becoming the norm.

2012 was the lowest recorded year since they have been keeping track (1979) for Arctic ice.

There are no polar bears going through garbage anymore.