ECT Classical Vs. Biblical Original Sin - Order of Judgment and Consequences (Part 2)

Lon

When a person sins then he dies spiritually:

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

Since a person dies spiritually when he sins that means he must be alive spiritually before he sins. And in the preceding chapter Paul makes it plain that "all men" die spiritually when they sin:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"
(Ro.5:12).​

Since "all men" die spiritually as a result of their own sin then that means "all men" are alive spiritually before they sin. That can only mean that all men emerge from the womb spiritually alive.
Imho, it needs proof, rather than a supposition. There were a good number more bible verses, that I believe all (or most) need addressing in that post.

For instance: why did the Lord Jesus Christ insist the little children come to Him, if they didn't need Him? :think: To me, that doesn't add up. See what I mean?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ever wonder why Eve is called the mother of all living, but Adam is not called the father of all living?

Genesis 3:20 KJV
(20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

How is "living" defined?

In Adam all die and in Christ all are made alive.

Which is referred to in Genesis 3:20?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Was Adam capable of sinning before the command of the tree was given?
In other words, could Adam have sinned before any command was made?

No command = No Law

No law = No sin

Sin is disobedience, so there must first be something existent to disobey.

Romans 7:7-12

Lon

Come clean Lon!
At this point, reading scripture and considering them is more important than my summation or thoughts over the matter. Whatever we understand of how we are born, it better be wrought upon the words of God. John 14:6 tells us there is only one way, for all of us.
I need to 'listen' to what people think about that. No hasty judgements, I've done that already. Let's hear what people believe without jumping to conclusions. To me it 'looked' Pelagius. I was premature jumping that direction. Even if it looks like a Pelagian, walks like a Pelagian, or quacks like a Pelagian. I need to see how everyone's doctrine walks out. I jumped the gun and would like to hear 1) 'If' anyone even thinks their view is Pelagian, if everyone's view is 'sinless birth' even, etc. Simply saying "Pelagian" and nailing it to the wall, from what I am hearing, is 'a strawman.' I don't need to be burning that strawguy down. Nobody would care because "that ain't me" is the reply.

I am well aware that you have a counter perspective, but these verses are neutral to understanding per perspective and I think you stimulated this discussion by providing them! Good on you! I can read your perspective in them and mine as well.

Thank you so very much for stimulating discussion, despite of differing views!

Deep gratitude to you!

- EE
Yes, that is my attempt and in a way, my apology. I'm trying to restimulate discussion that I inadvertently or purposefully shut down. I'm trying to figure out my motive as such. I haven't heard 'born sinless' since my days in the UMC, so I had some adverse reaction that I should have kept a bit longer in check. Somebody should have said "I'm Pelagian" before I jumped their myself.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
How is "living" defined?

In Adam all die and in Christ all are made alive.

Which is referred to in Genesis 3:20?

Hello Nang...

I extend welcome to you here. I love your input. As long as you don't accuse anyone of heresy or throw labels into this discussion, I am your servant, on this thread.

- EE

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When a person sins then he dies spiritually:

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

Since a person dies spiritually when he sins that means he must be alive spiritually before he sins. And in the preceding chapter Paul makes it plain that "all men" die spiritually when they sin:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"
(Ro.5:12).​

Since "all men" die spiritually as a result of their own sin then that means "all men" are alive spiritually before they sin. That can only mean that all men emerge from the womb spiritually alive.

There should be a rule on TOL for repeating the same post, over and over, ad nauseam . . .

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
At this point, reading scripture and considering them is more important than my summation or thoughts over the matter. Whatever we understand of how we are born, it better be wrought upon the words of God. John 14:6 tells us there is only one way, for all of us.
I need to 'listen' to what people think about that. No hasty judgements, I've done that already. Let's hear what people believe without jumping to conclusions. To me it 'looked' Pelagius. I was premature jumping that direction. Even if it looks like a Pelagian, walks like a Pelagian, or quacks like a Pelagian. I need to see how everyone's doctrine walks out. I jumped the gun and would like to hear 1) 'If' anyone even thinks their view is Pelagian, if everyone's view is 'sinless birth' even, etc. Simply saying "Pelagian" and nailing it to the wall, from what I am hearing, is 'a strawman.' I don't need to be burning that strawguy down. Nobody would care because "that ain't me" is the reply.

Yes, that is my attempt and in a way, my apology. I'm trying to restimulate discussion that I inadvertently or purposefully shut down. I'm trying to figure out my motive as such. I haven't heard 'born sinless' since my days in the UMC, so I had some adverse reaction that I should have kept a bit longer in check. Somebody should have said "I'm Pelagian" before I jumped their myself.

And... This... is... why... you... SUCCEED!

:thumb:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There should be a rule on TOL for repeating the same post, over and over, ad nauseam . . .

Nang,

Jerry has a solid point. Please stop trying to squelch discussion. Jerry's addition to this is fair. Take him on via scripture with humility and strength of stance.

If you discount him with labels, cries of heresy or rules... you haven't succeeded at your goal.

Fair enough?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The teaching that the sons of Adam are "born sinless" is a lie. Any Christian should react negatively to any such kind of unbiblical falsehood.

The teaching that Adam was "born sinless" in a temporal state of innocence is biblically accurate, and Christians should be able to discuss his original condition, without denying the fallen condition of humankind.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No command = No Law

No law = No sin

Sin is disobedience, so there must first be something existent to disobey.

Romans 7:7-12
Sure, one that breaks a law is a lawbreaker.
If there is no law to break, there can be no lawbreakers.

Sooooo, all those things that the law said were sins, those things were not sins when there was no law. Right?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Bah . . .

I make no promises to you, sir.

You have no right to tell me what I can or cannot post.

Then you can clearly see your comment to [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] was useless, as we can't tell him what to post either. I confess that I admire your tenacity.

- EE

:carryon:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang,

Jerry has a solid point.

No he does not. Jerry is speculating and propagating a falsehood.

Please stop trying to squelch discussion. Jerry's addition to this is fair. Take him on via scripture with humility and strength of stance.

Discussion does not trump Truth.

Jerry is not posting Truth and he has been repeatedly corrected with Holy Scripture, but he does not repent of his errors and untruths.

If you discount him with labels, cries of heresy or rules... you haven't succeeded at your goal.

Fair enough?

My only goal is to stand for the Gospel Truth and thereby glorify the name of Jesus Christ.

As for fairness, you evidence you have no idea what it means.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The teaching that the sons of Adam are "born sinless" is a lie. Any Christian should react negatively to any such kind of unbiblical falsehood.

The teaching that Adam was "born sinless" in a temporal state of innocence is biblically accurate, and Christians should be able to discuss his original condition, without denying the fallen condition of humankind.

This is absolutarion and squelches biblical discussion. Lon is correct to stimulate discussion. If any party is wrong, biblically, they won't see it unless discussion fosters them an opportunity to see for them-self where they could improve their understanding. Wisdom is in my words Nang.

I'm culminating many Proverbs with what I have written to you.

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No he does not. Jerry is speculating and propagating a falsehood.

Discussion does not trump Truth.

Jerry is not posting Truth and he has been repeatedly corrected with Holy Scripture, but he does not repent of his errors and untruths.

My only goal is to stand for the Gospel Truth and thereby glorify the name of Jesus Christ.

As for fairness, you evidence you have no idea what it means.

Please Nang... I'm asking you humbly... do not derail my thread. Thank you kindly. I will give you two more strikes before I recognize you as incapable of civilized discussion.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ever wonder why Eve is called the mother of all living, but Adam is not called the father of all living?

Genesis 3:20 KJV
(20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

But... Tambora... who FATHERED Adam? Who's "Breath" brought "Life" to Adam and thus is the very source of ALL life?

:thumb: