ECT Classical Vs. Biblical Original Sin - Order of Judgment and Consequences (Part 2)

Lon

That sin was committed against you.

Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the kingdom of heaven. Unless you be converted and become as one of these you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.
As I asked, innocence or faith and submission? Hebrews 11 says 'faith.' If you believe it is innocence, I'm listening.

Do you think these little kids were better than you were at that age? You'd be wrong.
At the age of seven, I needed Jesus. I didn't fear hell. I wanted His forgiveness. I wanted Him. I wanted Salvation He offered.

You didn't sin. That was typical childish misbehaviour. Good grief!!!!!!!
I told you my stepfather was harsh.

What kind of a God do you think you serve, Lon? Shall not the Judge of the whole earth do right?
I quoted the same. We may very well have a lot of shared ideas, but we need to get there. I've backtracked. "Vizzini said to go back to the beginning. This is the beginning." (I need to start fresh with you so we aren't carrying baggage) I'm ready to hear you. You talk. I'll listen. -Lon

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All men are subject to the same curse as Adam, and that includes physical death. So, yes, all men die. Another result of the curse is that the very ground was cursed, and yes they were cast from the garden. I see that sin entered the world...it didn't enter man.
What happens to those who die physically? Do they go to heaven with the Lord?

Jerry Shugart

A few verses for consideration:

James 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
James 1:15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

Is Glory correct? Does 'sin' bring death or are we born under the condition?

When a person sins then he dies spiritually:

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

Since a person dies spiritually when he sins that means he must be alive spiritually before he sins. And in the preceding chapter Paul makes it plain that "all men" die spiritually when they sin:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"
(Ro.5:12).​

Since "all men" die spiritually as a result of their own sin then that means "all men" are alive spiritually before they sin. That can only mean that all men emerge from the womb spiritually alive.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
He said he knew right from wrong; that he knew he was lying.

I agree with your observation, but... note that you are missing what GD is pointing out. Adam and Eve were "Spiritually Alive" and "Morally Neutral", like children.

A quick example... if there are two sets of parents in Iran that are Islamic and Christian, they will most likely "Hate" one another... or at least one will "Hate" while the others claim (1 John 4:8). But... if their toddlers are put in the same room... they will play with each other as friends.

Who teaches these little ones to go against unity or learned hate... Who teaches one to Hate and another to Love... are you following? The Christian parents will teach their child to "Love" their enemy, while the "Islamic" family will teach their child to "Hate" the "blasphemer".

It's all in the "Tod and Copper" of the matter. Do you "Disney" follow what I'm saying?

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Why not just go with what Paul stated in Romans 5 as to what he means in Romans 5? Paul says all died. People twist it. So he has to say "therefore", knowing the wrong conclusion will be given. The conclusion is condemnation. Tilling the ground is not condemnation. They were cast from the garden.

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,

17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one,

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation,

Don't bow out of this discussion because I appear to be apposing you. I publicly proclaim that your counter view is critical to this discussion and is a strong handed guide to our discussion, lest any of us become puffed up with pride and forget that we all "Sin and Fall Short", thus rendering us in utter, collective, never ending need of Jesus, that is even present at conception. To put this another way... what ever conclusion is reached by each person on this matter...

Jesus is the very LIFE. This is a "spiritual" and "carnal" statement.

To put this another way... we know there is a "TriUnity", because Jesus actually "Died... Thanatos"... on the "Cross". If there wasn't a "TriUnity"... the very "LIFE" that sustains "ALL LIFE" would have perished and the very KOSMOS would have instantly become lifeless.

We are bound to God in need from the very moment our "Soul" is intercepted by the union of "Flesh and Breath". To this very day, the true force of Dragonesk evil within this world seeks to devour this very truth.

"But by Grace, There go we ALL". Who's Grace? God's Grace! By the Grace of He Who's "Name is above ALL Names."

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
A few verses for consideration:

James 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
James 1:15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

Is Glory correct? Does 'sin' bring death or are we born under the condition? The first verse seems to say 'desire' lures us to sin. Did God create us purposefully to 'desire' sin? My first sin was likely lying. I remember such as one of my first anyway. I had squirted Vaseline on a tree. I was four and my step father told us he was going to spank the one who did. It turns out that all of us had done it, but I think I was the first. I wasn't meaning to do anything wrong, but 'spank' had me lying that I did not do it and I was frightened (he was mean, and inappropriate for spanking us frankly). Yet, I sinned and I knew it was wrong to lie. Did that sin come from me, or from without me?

Isaiah 40:6,7;29-31; 64:6,7
Once we get to chapter 64, the text clearly says 'all' and takes no account at all for 'innocent' children.

Psalm 103:14 Ezekiel 34:16 God had promised to 'seek that which is lost.'

Romans 3:9-13 All are 'under sin.' Even if one argued that sin must be done, for death to occur, it seems this verse is clearly saying we are born 'under' the curse of sin, not free of it. Going back to James, it 'seems' that the enticement is not how God made us, but that we are born with a desire, that leads to acting upon those very impulses that we are 'under.'
Isn't it 'what comes out of us, that makes us sinners/unclean?' Matthew 15:18-20; 23:25-28
1 John 1:8-10 How soon would a child understand 'not' to claim they have not sinned? Four? "Timmy, did you do this?" Timmy: "No...."
If Timmy is lying, and we as parents know he isn't always telling the truth, where does it come from (assuming you or I weren't tards like my stepfather)?

Luke 18:16 Jesus says to let the children come unto Him. He then says 'for the Kingdom belongs to such as these.' #1 What kingdom? Is it specifically Jewish? If so, then it isn't talking about Innocence, but inheritance and I'm thinking of MAD by such. If it is about Heaven, I'd still want to know if we are assuming 'innocence. Rather, the Lord Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 18:2-6 that faith and malleability are the child-like desires or virtues He wants us emulating, not their morality. To me, if my morality is only developed as a child's, I'd not really be very moral. I'd lie, steal, and hit my sister and want my food when I want it as well as throw what my wife made upon the floor if I didn't like it.

Just thoughts. Assail them as you will, I'm just wanting to discuss scriptures and have them make sense from a 'sinless birth' perspective because at the moment, they don't. Thanks. -Lon

Come clean Lon!

I am well aware that you have a counter perspective, but these verses are neutral to understanding per perspective and I think you stimulated this discussion by providing them! Good on you! I can read your perspective in them and mine as well.

Thank you so very much for stimulating discussion, despite of differing views!

Deep gratitude to you!

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I think I am going by what Paul says. ;)

The verse says that JUDGMENT came to all men. That judgment was the CURSE. We are condemned to dwell in this world of sin and death...and satan is it's god. Of course that doesn't mean that God is not here, too.

All men are subject to the same curse as Adam, and that includes physical death. So, yes, all men die. Another result of the curse is that the very ground was cursed, and yes they were cast from the garden. I see that sin entered the world...it didn't enter man.

What I do not see is any guilt being passed down to Adam's offspring, man being born a sinner is not in the CURSE anywhere, nor do I see it in that text.

This is exactly on the money with what I have been expressing. Well spoken!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Was Adam capable of sinning before the command of the tree was given?
In other words, could Adam have sinned before any command was made?

Well played! There can be only one answer to this question and the why of this matter is quite clear as well!

This is the reconciliation of [MENTION=6141]Nick M[/MENTION]'s perspective and [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION]'s , [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] , [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]'s , [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION]'s [MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION]'s and all others that acknowledge our Need for Christ! Well spoken and I hope this drives discussion on in this particular thread.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

This is an outstanding question!!! I won't outright answer it... but I will state that upon death... "The Spirit returns to He Who gave it"... but the "Soul" is a matter that is subject to variables that make an obvious "Yes or No" answer quite impossible to your well crafted question.

You just managed to pack 1 Ton of TNT into a 1 Pound box!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

It's the same all.

So all either means all of mankind, or only some of mankind.
And if it's only some of mankind, then only some of mankind was in Adam and not all of mankind was in Adam.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe him. I can remember being that age, and I know what fear can do to an innocent little child. The wrong person frowns at them and they about melt into the ground....wishing they could disappear. That wasn't his conscience, it was FEAR.

This very answer now broaches upon the core teachings of Christ! A "lie" is a "sin" against one's self. Where fear is the motivator and not the "conscience", the "lie" is subjective to observation of the "heart".

Had Lon been past "accountability" and his "Lie" would have "harmed" another individual... this sin, in the absence of "personal knowledge of ones need for Jesus" would have rapidly affirmed or "brought" spiritual Death.

I speak now in a way to attempt to bring together the various viewpoints that we are all discussing. Not for false "unity", but to further spark discussion.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I remember my first day in preschool vividly; including the movie about spring, and the water, and the beavers building dams, and the narrator saying "In the Spring, the squirrels come out of hibernation, and the beavers can be seen romping in the warm waters..."

I doubt the guy is alone in remembering such a moment - especially given its' drama...

I'm going to go ahead and ask... are you connecting "Spring" to becoming "Alive" by receipt of the Gospel, or do you have another intention on employing this bright, literary analogy?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

It's the same all.

So all either means all of mankind, or only some of mankind.
And if it's only some of mankind, then only some of mankind was in Adam and not all of mankind was in Adam.

Excellent use of emphasis on these words! I will simply say this to hopefully evoke thought and discussion concerning what you have written.

We are "in" Christ that "Believe" because Christ is "Alive". However, to interpret this as we are "in" Adam as we are "in" Christ would be to point to "Carnal Death", as Adam is not discussed in scripture as being "resurrected".

The "In" creation vs. "In" the Creator of this verse is a literary thought that echos of God's perfect design.

As in Adam we Died... As if to be saying... As in Adam did, so do we... But... then "Even so "IN" Christ... as if to Say... As we are "IN" Christ. It even works to say... "In" Christ shall ALL be "made" alive... from the perspective of ... As "in" Christ so Shall we... from the perspective of the day that those in Christ are made "NEW", though some die first, and others will see Him arrive. The "Day" that "Those in Christ" are "Made New"... even shows how what your have emphasized and quoted is extremely valuable to this discussion.

Gratitude Tam!

- EE

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Physically, no not yet. We will be with the Lord physically at the rapture when our bodies are raised incorruptible.

As for our spirit?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV
(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

How one interprets 'spirit' can vary.
The 'breath of life' that all creatures have?
The Spirit that GOD sends as Comforter?
?
?
?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
As for our spirit?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV
(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

How one interprets 'spirit' can vary.
The 'breath of life' that all creatures have?
The Spirit that GOD sends as Comforter?
?
?
?

Hmmm mmm :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ever wonder why Eve is called the mother of all living, but Adam is not called the father of all living?

Genesis 3:20 KJV
(20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ever wonder why Eve is called the mother of all living, but Adam is not called the father of all living?

Genesis 3:20 KJV
(20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Was out feedin' cattle earlier thinkin' about that very thing.

Now that you bring up the complete verse, I also wonder what the name Eve has to do with living.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was out feedin' cattle earlier thinkin' about that very thing.

Now that you bring up the complete verse, I also wonder what the name Eve has to do with living.
Seems to imply 'life giver'.

Interesting concept for the one deceived to be a life giver. Or is it?

1 Timothy 2:13-15 KJV
(13) For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
(14) And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
(15) Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Isaiah 7:14 KJV
(14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.