ECT Classical Vs. Biblical Original Sin - Order of Judgment and Consequences (Part 2)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Scripture does not say A&E did not know they were naked. It says they "were not ashamed" for being naked. Genesis 2:24

There goes Gen. 3:11

"Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?"

Is that your final answer?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture does not say A&E did not know they were naked. It says they "were not ashamed" for being naked. Genesis 2:24

Genesis 3:11 KJV
(11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I believe he did. Adam was not deceived when he ate the fruit, as Eve was (1 Tim 2:14). He ate knowingly and willingly, with no deception.

I'm going to post it, even though it is becoming cliche' ... but ... you are again... spot on and jolly good show!

:thumb:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Genesis 3:11 KJV
(11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

It was the new guilt and shame of being naked that evidenced A&E's disobedience and sin. This is what God atoned for, by providing a sacrificial covering (blood atonement) to cover their guilt and sin, lest they drop dead that day. Genesis 3:21

Shame is a killer. I Corinthians 15:56

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Eve.

She simply did not believe the words of God. Genesis 3:2-6

There goes Gen. 3:14

So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Redemption opportunity... "Done What"? Hint... Eve gives the answer in Gen. 3... before 3:14.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It was the new guilt and shame of being naked that evidenced A&E's disobedience and sin. This is what God atoned for, by providing a sacrificial covering (blood atonement) to cover their guilt and sin, lest they drop dead that day.

The New Guilt? The New Shame? Is that a Marilyn Manson song?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It was the new guilt and shame of being naked that evidenced A&E's disobedience and sin. This is what God atoned for, by providing a sacrificial covering (blood atonement) to cover their guilt and sin, lest they drop dead that day. Genesis 3:21

Who caused Adam and Eve to believe that their "Beautiful" Bodies, Created by God, were "Lacking" anything?

Maybe Heb. 2:14 goes with 1 Cor. 15:55f like Peanut Butter to Jelly?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I believe he did. Adam was not deceived when he ate the fruit, as Eve was (1 Tim 2:14). He ate knowingly and willingly, with no deception.

Agreed.

It takes knowledge to exercise unbelief. Romans 1:20-25

Such is the very purpose of God's Laws.

Knowledge and Laws left Adam without excuse. Romans 1:20

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 15:22 KJV
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

It's the same all.

So all either means all of mankind, or only some of mankind.
And if it's only some of mankind, then only some of mankind was in Adam and not all of mankind was in Adam.

I'm glad you brought this up, because it's a verse many people use to support the doctrine of original sin. This idea of being IN ADAM has been adulterated as this verse is NOT saying what has been claimed.

The death spoken of here is physical death, and "be made alive" is referring the resurrection from the dead (the just and the unjust are resurrected). Acts 24:15KJV

We see the subject being introduced right here. Christ died physically and rose physically.

1 Cor. 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

That's why ALL die and All are "made alive". It's talking about our bodies. That's what the whole chapter is about. Here' the clincher that is most often left out of the "proof texting".

1 Cor. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Who caused Adam and Eve to believe that their "Beautiful" Bodies, Created by God, were "Lacking" anything?

Maybe Heb. 2:14 goes with 1 Cor. 15:55f like Peanut Butter to Jelly?

Perhaps you are unaware, but you are attempting to teach the Gnostic belief of "Dualism" by shifting the responsibility of Adam's sin, upon Satan.

God cursed Satan for deceiving Eve, and prophesied that the promised Savior would crush his head (power and authority), so Satan was ordained for destruction from the beginning, and therefore was not an equal adversary to God at all.

God's goodness always overcomes evil. They are never equal forces.

Romans 5:20 is an eternal promise from God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad you brought this up, because it's a verse many people use to support the doctrine of original sin. This idea of being IN ADAM has been adulterated as this verse is NOT saying what has been claimed.

The death spoken of here is physical death, and "be made alive" is referring the resurrection from the dead (the just and the unjust are resurrected). Acts 24:15KJV

We see the subject being introduced right here. Christ died physically and rose physically.

1 Cor. 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

That's why ALL die and All are "made alive". It's talking about our bodies. That's what the whole chapter is about. Here' the clincher that is most often left out of the "proof texting".

1 Cor. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.​

giphy.gif

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you are unaware, but you are attempting to teach the Gnostic belief of "Dualism" by shifting the responsibility of Adam's sin, upon Satan.

God cursed Satan for deceiving Eve, and prophesied that the promised Savior would crush his head (power and authority), so Satan was ordained for destruction from the beginning, and therefore was not an equal adversary to God at all.

God's goodness always overcomes evil. They are never equal forces.

Romans 5:20 is an eternal promise from God.

Let's see what God has to say about this matter...

Gen. 3:13 And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Gen. 3:14-15 14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

And you shall eat dust
15 And I will put enmity

Is Jesus now a "Gnostic"?

Would you like to see some serious "Dualism"?

Spoiler
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Is Paul now a Gnostic?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Agreed.

But there will be two everlasting conclusions to the universal resurrection of all men:

John 5:28-29

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Let's see what God has to say about this matter...

Gen. 3:13 And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Gen. 3:14-15 14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

And you shall eat dust
15 And I will put enmity

Is Jesus now a "Gnostic"?

Is this passage emphasizing the powers of Satan, or promising the victory of the Savior?

Why are you so obsessed with giving the Devil so much due, from the Holy Scriptures?

It would be better if you were to be Christ-centered, than so Satan-centered.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Is this passage emphasizing the powers of Satan, or promising the victory of the Savior?

Why are you so obsessed with giving the Devil so much due, from the Holy Scriptures?

Both

Heb. 2:14 and Romans 7:24f

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Devil = Deceiver
Eve = Deceived
Adam = Husband in fear of losing his Wife (Romans 12:1; Eph. 5:25; 1 Cor. 15:45)

Do you "see" it yet?
I see that Eve fell through deception.
Adam's fall was not through deception.

Adam willingly took sin and death upon himself.
Jesus the last Adam did also.

If Adam had not done so, there would have never been a savior born that could save his beloved Eve from the clutches of the grave.
If Jesus had not done so, none of mankind could be set free from the grave.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

If you don't know the ENEMY, how can you wear the ARMOR? Have you ever fought in war? I have. I had to "know my enemy". It was part of the training.

What fool rushes into battle without knowing what he is up against?

(1 Pet. 5:8)