chrysostom’s 2015 annual awards

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the show must go on
You mean the job. :plain:
without anna who cannot take it anymore
Not finding a thing worthwhile isn't a sign of weakness, chrys. It's a sign of different priorities.

is tol a better place now?
Without anna or MC or a number of people who were once a part of it? No, of course not. Without some who only seemed to exist to hurl spite and condemnation at the drop of a hat? Absolutely.

the numbers say no
Numbers don't have an opinion. Only the people who either report or use them.

all you can do is try to make it funny
You should make that your job. What could it hurt?

but
I can assure you
a neg rep is never funny
It's not much of anything...even less these days. But I agree that it should be judiciously approached. It shouldn't be a joke.

most of us have no place to go
Horsefeathers. But to the extent it's true it should inform our conduct.

You're bunched because you thought something was being done that wasn't and instead of considering the straight facts, presented by someone who doesn't much care about your opinion but does about the truth of a thing, instead of realizing the simple truth you went from innocent mistake to willful misapprehension and declaration.

That got you the single point ding from someone who has given you God knows how much of the reputation you enjoy. Do try to bear it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
chrysostom 459
Town Heretic 272
resurrected 241
Eeset 203
annabenedetti 156
zoo22 125
Rusha 102
Arthur Brain 78

so what happened to the numbers?
this is not about the awards
this is about tol
res has been banned
anna and zoo are burned out just like some of the moderators
eeset has lost her edge
rusha and art are just lost
my job is clear
and
the numbers are discouraging
but
they won't stop me
it is all about abortion
it is all about the family
and
let the shouting continue
if
it is all over but the shouting

Nazaroo

... such a doofus. :)

Have I won anything yet[?]

The Made me Giggle Award for "doofus"!

professions-doofus-idiots-idiocy-job_titles-titles-rde6827_low.jpg

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
eeset has lost her edge
What?
Knight established exemptions for lifetime members but sherman has revoked them
Nicky can't safely name call anymore with impunity so he has gone mostly silent
meshak can't challenge trins without fear of an infraction
Res can't express much of anything
Even aCW has to be more polite which is a queer thing indeed

This is what happens when a town experiences renovation. Urban flight.

No, not that town. He is one sandwich short of a picnic.

Maybe it is time for a revolution.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You should consider that as a motto.

Knight has been clear enough for a long ago time now that no one has an absolute get out of bad conduct card, only a great deal of latitude. If you can't get along here without blasphemy, profanity or trolling then you should consider a blog or another address or medication.

Nick went overboard too often. And anyone watching saw a concerted effort to reign him in gently go by the boards first before anything was done. No one should name call with impunity. Especially not Christians.

meshak has tolled 19 infractions since arriving.

Here's the breakdown by year:
2015: 3
2014: 5
2013: 3
2012: 8

Nothing unusual for her, except she's been doing better than she did in year one when Knight and Delmar gave her a steady diet of infractions.

He signed off on the same rules that govern everyone, allowances understood.

He's had one infraction this year. One.

2015: 1
2014: 2
2013: 5
2011: 1

No, this is what happens when someone like you doesn't let the facts get in the way of the narrative she has in mind.

You're just a troll who spent money here and thinks it should entitle her to respect or control or a free pony.

That's not how it works.

Everything else about you is sound and fury. It has been since you arrived declaring your enjoyment of teasing a friend's minister husband in his pulpit and it is now. You're false and false can't help itself, will gather with its like and be what it is, to the detriment of all.

This place isn't what it was in the first several years I was here. Mostly it's diminished because a real and diverse influx of interesting and engaging posters ran into enough trollish behavior that they peeled off. We've lost some good ones of late to that, like Vegascowboy.

We always had knuckle rapping. I remember watching the blood letting several years ago and thinking it would disassemble the place, but it didn't. What's wrong now is that we haven't replaced enough of them and a lot of the old guard is tired of repeating itself.

I nominate Eeset for Shilling the revolution.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
You should consider that as a motto.

Knight has been clear enough for a long ago time now that no one has an absolute get out of bad conduct card, only a great deal of latitude. If you can't get along here without blasphemy, profanity or trolling then you should consider a blog or another address or medication.

Nick went overboard too often. And anyone watching saw a concerted effort to reign him in gently go by the boards first before anything was done. No one should name call with impunity. Especially not Christians.

meshak has tolled 19 infractions since arriving.

Here's the breakdown by year:
2015: 3
2014: 5
2013: 3

Nothing unusual for her, except she's been doing better than she did in year one when Knight and Delmar gave her a steady diet of infractions.

He signed off on the same rules that govern everyone, allowances understood.

He's had one infraction this year. One.

2015: 1
2014: 2
2013: 5
2011: 1

No, this is what happens when someone like you doesn't let the facts get in the way of the narrative she has in mind.

You're just a troll who spent money here and thinks it should entitle her to respect or control or a free pony.

That's not how it works.

Everything else about you is sound and fury. It has been since you arrived declaring your enjoyment of teasing a friend's minister husband in his pulpit and it is now. You're false and false can't help itself, will gather with its like and be what it is, to the detriment of all.

This place isn't what it was in the first several years I was here. Mostly it's diminished because a real and diverse influx of interesting and engaging posters ran into enough trollish behavior that they peeled off. We've lost some good ones of late to that, like Vegascowboy.

We always had knuckle rapping. I remember watching the blood letting several years ago and thinking it would disassemble the place, but it didn't. What's wrong now is that we haven't replaced enough of them and a lot of the old guard is tired of repeating itself.

I nominate Eeset for Shilling the revolution.
Still the parsemaster.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What?

Lifetime Memberships were not created for the purpose of encouraging bad behavior void of consequence.

We all know that is why you purchased your membership ... otherwise, you wouldn't go out of your way to justify bad behavior based on a monetary contribution.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Still the parsemaster.
Still the shtick that stirs a pot with nothing in it.

For those that missed it she was trying to dig at Sherman again and came up empty. The above is what she does when she can't answer, which is most of the time.

I nominate Eeset for shilling spoons.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Lifetime Memberships were not created for the purpose of encouraging bad behavior void of consequence.

We all know that is why you purchased your membership ... otherwise, you wouldn't go out of your way to justify bad behavior based on a monetary contribution.
You are so wrong, again. I have told you many times that I was not even aware of the exemptions Knight had created until after I purchased the membership. You cling to that myth hoping you will be believed.

john w

Hall of Fame
And, I would, for the third final time, also like to express my gratitude....*

*I should be wrapping up, my award winning acceptance brief and/or speech,after just 2 more glasses of "Cold Duck"

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the official numbers 7-18-15

512 replies
174 my replies
17 days

486 views per day
30 replies per day
16 views per reply
2 reply ratio (others/mine)

the official numbers 7-19-15

532 replies
179 my replies
18 days

479 views per day
30 replies per day
16 views per reply
2 reply ratio (others/mine)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This is what happens when a town experiences renovation.

it could be just a facade

maybe we don't need a revolution
just a free discussion as to what has happened to tol
or
sometimes just an occasional award will help control the beast

actions have consequences
no one should be protected
everyone will reap what they sow

meshak

BANNED
Banned
it could be just a facade