chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Good for you? I don't write anything in a rep that I'd mind seeing reproduced in full.

But then, you compared getting neg reps to gang rape, so I'll manage. :rolleyes:
No Town. I compared your call for all women to gang up on me and send neg reps to gang rape. You confirmed this above. You issued the call. You keep trying to twist it into something innocuous. It was not. You called for a pile on.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes you did. That is exactly what you wrote. You have no basis for even understanding the reality of being abused. Unfortunately I do and so do at least 50 million other women in this country by conservative estimates. So big brave man you tells women "on general principle" to gang up on me? I doubt you have any idea how that sounded to anyone who has suffered actual physical abuse. It is a clear call for abuse in the virtual realm. You want to dismiss it as something insignificant. It was not. It was disgusting, uncalled for and quite frankly beneath your character.

edited to add.... I noticed a hit to my Rep Power so I checked. That requires me to temporarily reset my options. Zoo sent me one saying give it a rest. Typical misogynistic remark. But here is the abuse Town sent ..."You have a sickness in you...or you're a teenager having a good time and in need of proper parenting. Either way, you need help."

So....Town seems to think that I have a sickness because I reacted to his abuse. That reminds me of just too many awful experiences I had years ago which I admit I will never fully recover from. Town you may think it is all like a silly teenager but you are wrong. Just so wrong.

Eeset, it's wrong to equate neg rep with rape. It's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start... what a horrible way to trivialize the actuality of rape, and you can't accuse me of misogyny when I say that's a really bad analogy and you need to let it go.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
You tried that before SOD, and when taken in context he wasn't happy about it all as I, zoo, bybee and plenty others pointed out when you tried to squirm out of your bullying the last time. He left because you wouldn't leave him alone, and you still don't have the guts to admit it.

Pratt.

For fourteen months I posted nothing but scripture to him as per his request.

He often thanked me for keeping his threads active.

My actions were observed by Knight and the moderators and drew no comment.

Taking what I did - posting nothing but scripture to him - as per his request - and calling it "bullying" is the epitome of tardliness.

I salute you, oh master of the retarded post.
smiley_salute.gif

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
No Town. I compared your call for all women to gang up on me and send neg reps to gang rape. You confirmed this above. You issued the call. You keep trying to twist it into something innocuous. It was not. You called for a pile on.

he's a bully, plain and simple

and bullies love it when they can play to a crowd

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eeset, it's wrong to equate a neg rep with rape. It's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start... what a horrible way to trivialize the actuality of rape, and you can't accuse me of misogyny when I say that's a really bad analogy and you need to let it go.
anna a neg rep is not rape. But for Town to call out for all women to send me neg reps crosses over into gang mentality and bullying. I called him abusive and he issued a clarion call for all women to send me neg reps. That is what I said was equivalent to a call for virtual rape. Town wants you to believe otherwise. Evidently he was discouraged that his continued neg repping was not having enough effect so he wanted everyone to pile on. When an abuser calls on others to join in yes that us a call for gang action. Call it whatever lessor term you find more amenable. I call it virtual gang rape because anyone subjected to it is absolutely powerless and either signs off the site for good or submits.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna a neg rep is not rape. But for Town to call out for all women to send me neg reps crosses over into gang mentality and bullying. I called him abusive and he issued a clarion call for all women to send me neg reps. That is what I said was equivalent to a call for virtual rape. Town wants you to believe otherwise. Evidently he was discouraged that his continued neg repping was not having enough effect so he wanted everyone to pile on. When an abuser calls on others to join in yes that us a call for gang action. Call it whatever lessor term you find more amenable. I call it virtual gang rape because anyone subjected to it is absolutely powerless and either signs off the site for good or submits.

Eeset... did anyone neg rep you as a result of TH's comment?

And no, gang rape simply isn't an acceptable way of describing what TH said. There's no comparison, and I'm not looking to TH for help in forming my opinion, contrary to what sod would like you to believe otherwise. I read the exchange myself and didn't like the analogy at all, and that's coming from a woman's viewpoint. In fact, you're in effect calling me a rapist myself if I'd neg repped you. What you're doing here doesn't help your cause at all, believe me.

Arthur Brain

For fourteen months I posted nothing but scripture to him as per his request.

He often thanked me for keeping his threads active.

My actions were observed by Knight and the moderators and drew no comment.

Taking what I did - posting nothing but scripture to him - as per his request - and calling it "bullying" is the epitome of tardliness.

I salute you, oh master of the retarded post.
smiley_salute.gif

Oh, you knew what you were doing and that he didn't like it. He asked you to stop and you wouldn't. He wasn't 'thanking' you and you know that as well. You had your fun at the expense of someone who doesn't do anything nasty to anyone that I've seen.

You OTOH spew out so much infantile bile it's a wonder you still have a pancreas.

:plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

And no, gang rape simply isn't an acceptable way of describing what TH said. There's no comparison, and I'm not looking to TH for help in forming my opinion, contrary to what sod would like you to believe otherwise. I read the exchange myself and didn't like the analogy at all, and that's coming from a woman's viewpoint. In fact, you're in effect calling me a rapist myself if I'd neg repped you. What you're doing here doesn't help your cause at all, believe me.

do you approve of Town's bullying tactics?

Arthur Brain

he's a bully, plain and simple

and bullies love it when they can play to a crowd

Says the guy who wrote how he would put another poster into intensive care if he'd met him while twenty. I mean, that was laughable in reality but your sordid intent was still there.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

Anna yes a few piled on. One in particular kept at it. But lets be clear. I used the term virtual gang rape. Obviously there is nothing physical going on here. I had first called Town abusive because he throws his neg reps around knowing how disproportionate they are to those of us who have only 5% of his forcefulness. When he sends me a neg rep it costs me about 45 points but if I return fire it costs him 2 points and he laughs. But you see Town didn't like it when I said he was abusive. So he issued a clarion call for all women to pile on. You may find that trivial. I didn't. I found it degrading, insulting, spiteful and it brought back memories that I really don't want to share. So I called it as I saw it. It was a gang mentality and the gang leader was saying "get her". That is why I said he had called for a "virtual gang rape". If it is the word rape that you object to then substitute beating or some other word you find less objectionable.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No Town. I compared your call for all women to gang up on me and send neg reps to gang rape.
You didn't, but that would be even more absurd. Here's the actual exchange:

Originally Posted by Eeset
Well TM said the term bully wasn't correct so I looked up other terms. In my opinion you are abusive.
Fail. You wrote "Abuser" and that's offensive. One because it utterly lacks any sort of contextual validity, was a response to your spamming a thread, inviting response. And secondly, it's insulting to every one of the hundreds of women I defended from actual abusers.

And now you have the temerity to suggest others pile on (including me).
Temerity? Yes. I think even you should neg rep you. That would be appropriate...if impossible. Maybe you should get permission to create a sock account and then neg rep yourself. That might work.

Sounds like you are suggesting the virtual equivalent of gang rape.
You're officially a slime ball. Just lower than I even thought you'd go...wow. Way to go, champ.
So no. It would be the act, not my suggestion, that you're comparing to the "virtual equivalent of gang rape." Why you try to fudge and lie when you know I'm literally going to set out the record I can't say. Maybe you hope I won't see it. :idunno:

You confirmed this above. You issued the call. You keep trying to twist it into something innocuous. It was not. You called for a pile on.
I said that any woman (including you) should neg rep you for trivializing abuse and then rape. It was a good call then and a good call now.

:e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anna yes a few piled on. One in particular kept at it. But lets be clear. I used the term virtual gang rape. Obviously there is nothing physical going on here. I had first called Town abusive because he throws his neg reps around knowing how disproportionate they are to those of us who have only 5% of his forcefulness. When he sends me a neg rep it costs me about 45 points but if I return fire it costs him 2 points and he laughs. But you see Town didn't like it when I said he was abusive. So he issued a clarion call for all women to pile on.
No, I didn't like your conflating abuse and rape with neg rep.

You may find that trivial. I didn't. I found it degrading, insulting, spiteful and it brought back memories that I really don't want to share.
You have zero credibility. I've never met someone who was the victim of actual abuse who would trivialize it the way you did. A troll might. Someone lacking in anything but the appearance of compassion might.

You did.

So I called it as I saw it. It was a gang mentality and the gang leader was saying "get her".
Rather, I don't lead a group of women, let alone all women (including you). I was making a statement commiserate with my feeling about what you were doing with your distortion. You're trying to make it something else that you can hide behind.

It and you are just that simple and entirely that obvious.

That is why I said he had called for a "virtual gang rape". If it is the word rape that you object to then substitute beating or some other word you find less objectionable.
Troll is a one word substitute for your entire post. I say we try that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Anna yes a few piled on. One in particular kept at it. But lets be clear. I used the term virtual gang rape. Obviously there is nothing physical going on here. I had first called Town abusive because he throws his neg reps around knowing how disproportionate they are to those of us who have only 5% of his forcefulness. When he sends me a neg rep it costs me about 45 points but if I return fire it costs him 2 points and he laughs. But you see Town didn't like it when I said he was abusive. So he issued a clarion call for all women to pile on. You may find that trivial. I didn't. I found it degrading, insulting, spiteful and it brought back memories that I really don't want to share. So I called it as I saw it. It was a gang mentality and the gang leader was saying "get her". That is why I said he had called for a "virtual gang rape". If it is the word rape that you object to then substitute beating or some other word you find less objectionable.

Eeset, I've had a few days that have left me very tired so I'm going to post this and then get myself to bed. We can continue this tomorrow or you can have the last word.

First of all, sod isn't welcome in this conversation if you want it to continue, because I have no respect for him and am not interested in his input. I'm saying this directly to you.

I've watched you follow TH around for months digging at him, and I've watched you team up with sod to do double duty in recent times. You've made countless remarks designed to get reaction (don Ego comes to mind, Parsemaster, etc. etc. - the list is pretty long, really) and I don't know why in the world you think if you do that, that you won't get a negative response. What else are you expecting? No one's making you do it, you do it of your own volition, and then when you get the negative response, you cry abuse. It's disingenuous. You can walk away from this and could have a long time ago, but it seems to me you enjoy teaming up with sod for the sport of going after TH and if you do, you might as well admit to it. If you don't, then separate from sod and his mission and go your own way, find other discussions here that interest you and let this go. Much hinges on your actions.

So - I'm tired enough now that I'm not sure this all makes sense. Follow up if you'd like, or tell me to go fly a kite, but the gang rape analogy, (and it doesn't help if you modify it with "virtual" either), is way, way off in left field and totally out of line and that's really the main point I wanted to make. The rest is peripheral.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eeset, I've had a few days that have left me very tired so I'm going to post this and then get myself to bed. We can continue this tomorrow or you can have the last word.

First of all, sod isn't welcome in this conversation if you want it to continue, because I have no respect for him and am not interested in his input. I'm saying this directly to you.

I've watched you follow TH around for months digging at him, and I've watched you team up with sod to do double duty in recent times. You've made countless remarks designed to get reaction (don Ego comes to mind, Parsemaster, etc. etc. - the list is pretty long, really) and I don't know why in the world you think if you do that, that you won't get a negative response. What else are you expecting? No one's making you do it, you do it of your own volition, and then when you get the negative response, you cry abuse. It's disingenuous. You can walk away from this and could have a long time ago, but it seems to me you enjoy teaming up with sod for the sport of going after TH and if you do, you might as well admit to it. If you don't, then separate from sod and his mission and go your own way, find other discussions here that interest you and let this go. Much hinges on your actions.

So - I'm tired enough now that I'm not sure this all makes sense. Follow up if you'd like, or tell me to go fly a kite, but the gang rape analogy, (and it doesn't help if you modify it with "virtual" either), is way, way off in left field and totally out of line and that's really the main point I wanted to make. The rest is peripheral.

Anna I appreciate your perspective. Please note that I had no intention of revisiting this issue and thought it was put to rest but Town brought it back up. As soon as I used the word abusive Town launched back into the whole rape commentary. I suppose you would have told me to ignore it. Or you would say I asked for it by using the word "abusive". Sounds like down home misogyny to me. She asked for it your honor just look at what she was wearing.

In response to your earlier statement, no you are guilty of nothing but expressing your opinion if you send me a neg rep. But If you join up with others in a team effort then yes you are in a gang. If the intent of the gang is to punish someone or drive them off then it is a gang beating or whatever term you like best. If the gang's purpose is to pummel someone into submission to the will of the gang you might even call it an inquisition, virtual of course.

Sleep well.

zoo22

Chrysostom, are there any more whiner of 2013 awards to be given out, or did you win them all? If they're all gone, you should consider sharing yours with eeset, for her "I got neg reps from TH and I don't have as much rep power as him and the big abusive bully told other people they should neg rep little ol' innocent me and IT'S LIKE GANG RAPE and I would never neg rep someone" posts and threads.