Catholics vs protestants

dodge

Read:
Spoiler
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.
You say, "Eventually like Jesus' brothers Mary understood the truth that the Son she bore was her salvation," but I say, "Nah." She knew first.

You can say nay and believe all the lies you want but scripture says YOU are wrong.

Mary and her other children named in scripture thought Jesus was crazy.

Mar 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You can say nay and believe all the lies you want but scripture says YOU are wrong.

Mary and her other children named in scripture thought Jesus was crazy.

Mar 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
Sigh. You're reading between the lines bud. I've got you saying, "Mary had no clue," and, "Eventually...Mary understood," and now, "Mary...thought Jesus was crazy." Come on! That's not in Mark 6 man. That's nowhere in Scripture, none of that.

dodge

Sigh. You're reading between the lines bud. I've got you saying, "Mary had no clue," and, "Eventually...Mary understood," and now, "Mary...thought Jesus was crazy." Come on! That's not in Mark 6 man. That's nowhere in Scripture, none of that.

You might want to study Mark chapter 3.

Mary was as lost as every human born until she accepted who her Son was and what He did for her at the cross.

Mary would not have said her soul glorified God her savior if she was born in a different state of Grace as the R.C.C. falsely teaches. No need of a savior if you are not lost now is there ?

Errors of the Roman Catholic Church
Part 1

by Keith Piper

The Roman Catholic Church believes many false doctrines that are contrary to the Bible, and were unknown to the early Church, such as:

1.Human Tradition is Elevated to Or Above the Word of God (1545 AD)
2.Wrong Gospel, Wrong Message of Salvation
3.Confession of Sins to Priest to Obtain Absolution of Sins
4.Penance
5.Priests
6.Celibacy of Priests and Nuns (1079 AD)
7.Confirmation
8.Extreme Unction (526 AD)
9.Infant Baptism (370 AD)
10.Transubstantiation (1215 AD)
11.Adoration of the Host (Wafer Bread) (1220 AD)
12.The Mass (394 AD)
13.Other Mediators Between God and Man
14.Prayers to Saints (375 AD)
15.Purgatory (593 AD)
16.Papal Infallibility (1870 AD)
17.Indulgences (1190 AD)
18.Idolatry = Making Images (786 AD)
19.Mary Veneration (431 AD)
20.Catholic Attitudes to the Bible (1229 AD)
21Peter as the Rock
22.15 Apocrypha Books Added to the Old Testament Bible (1546 AD)
23.Names of Blasphemy (350 AD)
24.Rosary Prayer Beads (1090 AD)
25.Low Moral Standards
26.Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary
27.Crossing Oneself (300 AD)
Was Peter the First Pope?
Roman Catholic Lies, Immorality, Corruption
The Inquisition, Torture, Massacres, Murders, Wars (1184 AD)
15 Evidences that the Roman Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon the Great, the Whore of Revelation 17
Who Gave Us the Bible? God or the Roman Catholic Church?
They Turn People Away From Christ to Honor Twelve Other Things

https://www.gospeloutreach.net/romanerr1.html

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Very few persons really change their thoughts.
That's right. Not unless they have to for some reason. I think that entering heaven will be one of those times that we have to change our thoughts. I just think that Catholics will have to change their thoughts the least.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You might want to study Mark chapter 3.
I've studied and I've studied and I've studied. You are just one more with a Bible and an opinion on it. Shrug.
Spoiler
Mary was as lost as every human born until she accepted who her Son was and what He did for her at the cross.

Mary would not have said her soul glorified God her savior if she was born in a different state of Grace as the R.C.C. falsely teaches. No need of a savior if you are not lost now is there ?

Errors of the Roman Catholic Church
Part 1

by Keith Piper

The Roman Catholic Church believes many false doctrines that are contrary to the Bible, and were unknown to the early Church, such as:

1.Human Tradition is Elevated to Or Above the Word of God (1545 AD)
2.Wrong Gospel, Wrong Message of Salvation
3.Confession of Sins to Priest to Obtain Absolution of Sins
4.Penance
5.Priests
6.Celibacy of Priests and Nuns (1079 AD)
7.Confirmation
8.Extreme Unction (526 AD)
9.Infant Baptism (370 AD)
10.Transubstantiation (1215 AD)
11.Adoration of the Host (Wafer Bread) (1220 AD)
12.The Mass (394 AD)
13.Other Mediators Between God and Man
14.Prayers to Saints (375 AD)
15.Purgatory (593 AD)
16.Papal Infallibility (1870 AD)
17.Indulgences (1190 AD)
18.Idolatry = Making Images (786 AD)
19.Mary Veneration (431 AD)
20.Catholic Attitudes to the Bible (1229 AD)
21Peter as the Rock
22.15 Apocrypha Books Added to the Old Testament Bible (1546 AD)
23.Names of Blasphemy (350 AD)
24.Rosary Prayer Beads (1090 AD)
25.Low Moral Standards
26.Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary
27.Crossing Oneself (300 AD)
Was Peter the First Pope?
Roman Catholic Lies, Immorality, Corruption
The Inquisition, Torture, Massacres, Murders, Wars (1184 AD)
15 Evidences that the Roman Catholic Church is Mystery Babylon the Great, the Whore of Revelation 17
Who Gave Us the Bible? God or the Roman Catholic Church?
They Turn People Away From Christ to Honor Twelve Other Things

"Sorry that you've been brain raped" by gospeloutreach-dot-net.
Thanks ! My wife corrected me I have 14 and one on the way , and I counted the one on the way,lol.
You are blessed. 'Sorry about the Falcons.

dodge

I've studied and I've studied and I've studied. You are just one more with a Bible and an opinion on it. Shrug.
"Sorry that you've been brain raped" by gospeloutreach-dot-net.
You are blessed. 'Sorry about the Falcons.

I can back up what I believe with scripture without having to run to traditions that scripture does NOT support.

You lost me what does the Falcons have to do with anything ?

Question: What are some errors of the Roman Catholic Church?

ERROR 1: Human Tradition Is Elevated to Or Above the Word of God (1545 AD)

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy or vain deceit, after the tradition of man, .... and not after Christ." (Colossians 2:8)

Jesus charges the Pharisees for exalting tradition above the Word of God in the same way that the Roman Catholic Church does:

"Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?"
(Matthew 15:3)
"Ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites." (Matthew 15:6-7)
"In vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:9)
"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind." (Matthew 15:3, 6-7, 9, 14)
I challenge Catholics to test their doctrines by God's Word. The Church does not give birth to the Word of God, but the Word of God gives birth to the Church. "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth." (James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23)

The Word of God saves us, and we then become part of a local Church. This has always been the case. "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48) Roman Catholicism quotes Church traditions as the authority as to why they add unbiblical doctrines.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I can back up what I believe with scripture without having to run to traditions
So can I.
that scripture does NOT support.

You lost me what does the Falcons have to do with anything ?
'Figured you for a Falcons fan. Almost nobody's a Pats fan.
Question: What are some errors of the Roman Catholic Church?

ERROR 1: Human Tradition Is Elevated to Or Above the Word of God (1545 AD)

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy or vain deceit, after the tradition of man, .... and not after Christ." (Colossians 2:8)

Jesus charges the Pharisees for exalting tradition above the Word of God in the same way that the Roman Catholic Church does:

"Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?"
(Matthew 15:3)
"Ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites." (Matthew 15:6-7)
"In vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:9)
"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind." (Matthew 15:3, 6-7, 9, 14)
I challenge Catholics to test their doctrines by God's Word. The Church does not give birth to the Word of God, but the Word of God gives birth to the Church. "Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth." (James 1:18; 1 Peter 1:23)

The Word of God saves us, and we then become part of a local Church. This has always been the case. "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48) Roman Catholicism quotes Church traditions as the authority as to why they add unbiblical doctrines.

Again with the brain rapers. Who cares what gospeloutreach-dot-net thinks? Who said, "The Church does not give birth to the Word of God?" You're quoting authorities who aren't authorities, who cares what they think or say? In what way is the Church built upon Peter? Do you believe that Jesus's Church is built upon Peter?

dodge

Nihilo;4952736]So can I.
'Figured you for a Falcons fan. Almost nobody's a Pats fan.

I boycotted the NFL and NBA this year over their disrespect to the National Anthem.

Again with the brain rapers. Who cares what gospeloutreach-dot-net thinks?

Everyone seeking TRUTH as opposed to what is spoon fed them I believe.

Who said, "The Church does not give birth to the Word of God?"

This is probably the most devoid of God's word statement I believe I have ever read.

God gave us His word NOT the R.C.C.. You really need to study a bible, and stop listening to folks that have zero clue about what truth is.

You're quoting authorities who aren't authorities, who cares what they think or say?

Your authorities have you ignoring God's word to follow man made traditions, and that could be eternally dangerous.

In what way is the Church built upon Peter?

The same way it is built on ALL of the Apostles ! They shared the Gospel as Jesus told them to.

Do you believe that Jesus's Church is built upon Peter?

No ! The Church is built on Jesus. The part you do not understand is that when Jesus told Peter that He was witnessing to the truth that Peter finally understood about Jesus, and that is what the church is built on the TRUTH about Jesus.

Do you not understand that the truth that ALL of the Apostles taught is what the church is built on ?

John 14:6 Jesus said," I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me".

Notice Jesus did not mention Mary, a pope, or a human priest being needed to go to the Father.

Jesus said He is the way because there is only ONE right path to the Father.
Jesus said He is the TRUTH, and every other thing as a way to God the Father is a LIE.
Jesus said He is the life because everything and every one else produces death.
Jesus said NO MAN comes to the Father but by me because He is the ONLY way,truth, and life.

If you or your church was right about Mary, the pope, and a human priest being needed Jesus would have said so, and He didn't.

Patrick Cronin

Regarding "Catholics v/s Protestants", it is not possible to cover the subject fully in this "Quick Reply".
However, the essential preliminary is to examine your belief in the Person of Jesus:(the One who began it all). If you can genuinely say that you believe He is the Son of God who came to reveal the truth to humanity, you have a solid base from which to proceed. The quest then, is to find out how and where Jesus preserved that truth because it must be out there somewhere if Jesus really is the Son of God. Without that reliable source, there is a danger that your quest becomes a series of arguments about the meaning of the written scriptures. The inconclusiveness of that approach is reflected in the current 30,000 Bible-only Christian denominations.
The Christian books of the Bible (The New Testament)were written by the Apostles and associates of Jesus and were not collected together until the fourth century. The crucial question that must be answered is: Where was the truth that Jesus revealed residing in the first 300+ years of the Christian era? If you discover that, then all you have to do is to discover where it is to be found today. Patrick Cronin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's right. Not unless they have to for some reason. I think that entering heaven will be one of those times that we have to change our thoughts. I just think that Catholics will have to change their thoughts the least.

We are all destined to enter heaven. It's a given.

There are many things in life to be concerned about, but heaven is not one of them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with you. The Body of Christ are the only people who are saved, or who will be saved. But in order that what Paul wrote in 1st Timothy 5:8 (KJV) squares with what he wrote in Romans 4:5 (KJV),

Paul wrote about people and their abominable behavior. People should change their behavior.

That has nothing to do with our salvation. The Lord Jesus Christ died for all sin at the cross. Even that rapist former President Bill Clinton and his lesbian "wife".

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Everyone seeking TRUTH as opposed to what is spoon fed them I believe.
I wasn't spoon fed.
This is probably the most devoid of God's word statement I believe I have ever read.
That was from your post.
God gave us His word NOT the R.C.C..
The Christian Scripture was undoubtedly preserved throughout the centuries by the One Church, at all times.
You really need to study a bible, and stop listening to folks that have zero clue about what truth is.
I do study the Bible, that's where I found the Church, because she is one of the Book's main characters. She's not off hidden away in a corner. While some epistles were written to individuals in the Church, the whole New Testament was written to the One Church, and she figures prominently in many of these books.
Your authorities have you ignoring God's word to follow man made traditions
The Church's magisterium does not have us ignoring God's Word to follow man made traditions. :nono:
, and that could be eternally dangerous.
If it were true, then yes; but it's not true. The bishops are not a man made tradition. The bishops are in the Bible too.
The same way it is built on ALL of the Apostles ! They shared the Gospel as Jesus told them to.
OK, so how is the Church built on ALL of the Apostles? How, exactly?
No ! The Church is built on Jesus. The part you do not understand is that when Jesus told Peter that He was witnessing to the truth that Peter finally understood about Jesus, and that is what the church is built on the TRUTH about Jesus.
I'm only taking Matthew 16:18 (KJV) at face value, and you're saying that it shouldn't be taken at face value, so prove it. Otherwise I'm right to take it at face value, and ask the question, how is the Church built upon Peter, because that's what the Lord Jesus said that He'd do, so I believe Him, I take what He says He will do at face value.
Do you not understand that the truth that ALL of the Apostles taught is what the church is built on ?
No, I think I understand even more than you do.
John 14:6 Jesus said," I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me".

Notice Jesus did not mention Mary, a pope, or a human priest being needed to go to the Father.
Neither does the Church put anything or anybody in the way of Jesus Christ.
Jesus said He is the way because there is only ONE right path to the Father.
Jesus said He is the TRUTH, and every other thing as a way to God the Father is a LIE.
Jesus said He is the life because everything and every one else produces death.
Jesus said NO MAN comes to the Father but by me because He is the ONLY way,truth, and life.
Agreed, and so does the Church.
If you or your church was right about Mary, the pope, and a human priest being needed Jesus would have said so, and He didn't.
They are conditionally necessary, for living the fullness of the Christian life, the perpetual gift from the Lord to us His Church. Mary is necessary because she prays on our behalf, and she has her Son's ear. Her prayers are powerful. The popes are necessary to know the fullness of the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV), and to know how to distinguish the One Christian faith from imposters, and they are necessary to administer and celebrate the Church's sacraments; although, there is one sacrament that the Church has loosed entirely from herself, baptism, which can be validly performed by anybody, even an unbeliever, so long as they are serious about doing it, and baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit; Christian baptism, IOW (Eph4:5KJV). Priests are necessary because there are only about 5000 bishops and there are 2000000000-3000000000 Christians. All these necessities are conditional; they are needed to live the fullness of the Christian life, as the Lord desires for us, for our own good, for the good of the whole world, as His Church as a sacrament herself, is His ministry to the whole world. He ministers to the whole world in and through and as His One Church, the Body of Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We are all destined to enter heaven. It's a given.
We the Church, I presume?
There are many things in life to be concerned about, but heaven is not one of them.
I've got one Colossians 3:2 (KJV) that suggests otherwise. For me, heaven is one of the beacons of my faith and helps clarify many issues and questions, helps me to fill in many of the blanks. :idunno:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Paul wrote about people and their abominable behavior. People should change their behavior.
I think so too.
That has nothing to do with our salvation.
I agree with this also, but again, in 1st Timothy 5:8 (KJV) Paul appears to tie together behavior and faith, so there's an explanation needed in order to read all of Paul correctly. And I've never heard that 1st Timothy 5:8 (KJV) is a fraudulent addition to Scripture, like there is controversy with some other verses.
The Lord Jesus Christ died for all sin at the cross. Even that rapist former President Bill Clinton and his lesbian "wife".
Again, agreed.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
While concerning most subjects, new doesn't mean wrong, in the case of the Church, in the case of matters of faith and morals, new does mean wrong, if it's not the same as before.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider 2nd Corinthians 5:1-2 (KJV). Also, the Church teaches, "Heaven, the Father's house, is the true homeland toward which we are heading and to which, already, we belong" (CCC2802).

Heaven is the biblical term for the spirit dimension that surrounds the earth. We are IN heaven but not yet OF heaven.

The spirit dimension is the primary dimension and this physical creation is temporal, it will be changed.

We will be born into the spirit dimension unless we choose not to.

What we see around us today is ephemeral as is this fragile physical life.