Catholics vs protestants

dodge

Rather, you just show your careless reading. I said the Church, not "a church on earth." Pay attention.
If you read just a morsel more carefully than you did, you'd see that I wrote the same thing.
Neither I nor the Church teaches that. Straw man bud.
The stupidity of those who believe that Matthew 16:18 (KJV) is supposed to read, "And upon the Scripture I will build my Church" is clearer.
"Upon the Scripture I will build," is not found in Scripture.
There is One Christian faith and One Baptism, Dodge. Ephesians 4:5 (KJV)
Or, the Catholic Church is Christianity itself, and everybody else in claiming to be the Church apart from her, is a sorry attempt at a substitute, and an imposter; in a word, they are wrong. Matthew 16:18 (KJV) bud. If you're not a member of the Matthew 16:18 (KJV) Church, then you're not saved, you're not a Christian, and you've no guarantee that the gates of hell won't prevail against you. Only members of the Matthew 16:18 (KJV) Church have that assurance.
The Church believes in the Lord Jesus, and so does Mary, and the popes teach what the Lord Jesus teaches, and priests are supposed to do same.

You do understand you CONTRADICTED your self in your OWN post right ? Figure it out. Christianity has NOTHING to do with being in the Roman Catholic Church, which teaches tradition above and superior to scripture. Your loss not mine.

Of course Mary believes in Jesus she bore Him, but NOT ONE PLACE in ALL of scripture are we called or instructed to worship her as do Roman Catholics.

YOU and your church's main error is you follow Mary, a pope, and a human priest. We are supposed to follow Jesus and ONLY Jesus.

Here is your contradiction: Your 1st response you say you never said the church on earth and then in your 7th response You say one must be in your false church, which is on the earth. Double talk much ?

The same pope that changes God's word through contrived and UN-scriptural traditions ? I don't think so.

The same priests that molested children was teaching them what Jesus taught ? I don't think so.

FYI, the church was built and exist because of Jesus NOT because of Peter. Jesus is the foundation stone while Peter is a little stone built on the foundation.

Sorry that you have been brain raped and in deception.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have said and I now repeat, that membership in the Church is predicated upon Christian baptism and the faith therein, in the Lord Jesus Christ. You keep wanting to make a mess by bringing up things we're not talking about. You're off the rails bud. Do we agree on what this first sentence says, or no? Stop changing the subject.
Spoiler
You do understand you CONTRADICTED your self in your OWN post right ? Figure it out. Christianity has NOTHING to do with being in the Roman Catholic Church, which teaches tradition above and superior to scripture. Your loss not mine.

Of course Mary believes in Jesus she bore Him, but NOT ONE PLACE in ALL of scripture are we called or instructed to worship her as do Roman Catholics.

YOU and your church's main error is you follow Mary, a pope, and a human priest. We are supposed to follow Jesus and ONLY Jesus.

Here is your contradiction: Your 1st response you say you never said the church on earth and then in your 7th response You say one must be in your false church, which is on the earth. Double talk much ?

The same pope that changes God's word through contrived and UN-scriptural traditions ? I don't think so.

The same priests that molested children was teaching them what Jesus taught ? I don't think so.

FYI, the church was built and exist because of Jesus NOT because of Peter. Jesus is the foundation stone while Peter is a little stone built on the foundation.

Sorry that you have been brain raped and in deception.

dodge

I have said and I now repeat, that membership in the Church is predicated upon Christian baptism and the faith therein, in the Lord Jesus Christ. You keep wanting to make a mess by bringing up things we're not talking about. You're off the rails bud. Do we agree on what this first sentence says, or no? Stop changing the subject.

You nor anyone else can be baptized into saving faith and trust in Jesus. Wake up.

The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess , and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized , His teachings replaced with Traditions of men, His gospel changed, His rightful worship given to a goddess , and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.

And they placed an obelisk in their front yard so no one would misunderstand what they are about.

Of course the pseudo-catholic protestants place a steeple on their meeting places for the same reason.

Right Divider

Body part
None of your points disprove a faith/works system. Just because they are not justified by the law, that does not rule out works as a product of faith. Nor does "the just live by faith" prove a faith alone doctrine. The just live by faith. Obviously. But that doesn't mean that faith alone is their source of salvation.

As for your "One" arguments: that isn't even relevant to our discussion. What purpose is that quote from Romans supposed to serve?

Hint: At no point has anyone here claimed to be Christ, so obviously "that one ain't" any of us.
You have a misplaced faith.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You do understand you CONTRADICTED your self in your OWN post right ? Figure it out.
No I didn't.
Christianity has NOTHING to do with being in the Roman Catholic Church
False.
, which teaches tradition above and superior to scripture.
No she doesn't.
Your loss not mine.

You nor anyone else can be baptized into saving faith and trust in Jesus.
What does "baptized into saving faith" mean? as I nor you have written such words up til now.
Wake up.

The RCC where Jesus and His words have been marginalized
Far from it.
, His teachings replaced with Traditions of men
No.
, His gospel changed
His gospel upheld and taught, rather.
, His rightful worship given to a goddess
:freak:
, and His ministry of the Holy Spirit supplanted by a sinful man called pope.
Ah, so you believe the Holy Spirit teaches us today authoritatively through whom? And don't say "through the Bible," because we'll only get stuck in the muck of who's reading of the Bible is correct, and that's an endless and pointless argument, because the Lord Himself told us who that is, His Apostles (Jn15:16KJV), and they ordained successors, and Peter has a successor, to this day, and when the man in Peter's chair teaches from that chair, he's teaching what the Lord Himself teaches us today.

dodge

Nihilo;4952353]No I didn't. False.

Re-read your post YES you did.

No she doesn't.

Yes she does that is why your ilk bow before idols and pray to others as opposed to praying to God and only God.

What does "baptized into saving faith" mean? as I nor you have written such words up til now.

You FIRST place your faith in Jesus THEN you get baptized and anything out of that order is Roman Catholic tradition and not scripture.

Far from it.

That is EXACTLY WHAT YOUR CHURCH DOES !

No ? Then why does your church teach and practice idolatry ?

His gospel upheld and taught, rather.

Based on R.C.C. tradition NOT scripture or leading of God's Spirit.

Ah, so you believe the Holy Spirit teaches us today authoritatively through whom?

The same way HE always has !

Try reading what Jesus taught about how the Holy Spirit teaches and leads the INDIVIDUAL ! NO human priest needed.

And don't say "through the Bible," because we'll only get stuck in the muck of who's reading of the Bible is correct, and that's an endless and pointless argument, because the Lord Himself told us who that is, His Apostles (Jn15:16KJV), and they ordained successors, and Peter has a successor, to this day, and when the man in Peter's chair teaches from that chair, he's teaching what the Lord Himself teaches us today.

Reading scripture without the Holy Spirit and you end up in the R.C.C.

Scripture is God's word your traditions are men's word minus the Holy Spirit.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=8957]dodge[/MENTION], what is your picture of heaven? Who is in heaven? Can people in heaven see and hear us? Who in heaven in particular is most important?

dodge

[MENTION=8957]dodge[/MENTION], what is your picture of heaven? Who is in heaven? Can people in heaven see and hear us? Who in heaven in particular is most important?

Luk 16:26
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Once someone dies and goes to where they will spend eternity , and no purgatory is another tradition of the R.C.C. used to fleece the flock, they cannot hear those on earth . Mary cannot hear your prayers;however, God can.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Luk 16:26
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Once someone dies and goes to where they will spend eternity , and no purgatory is another tradition of the R.C.C. used to fleece the flock, they cannot hear those on earth . Mary cannot hear your prayers;however, God can.
"a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day" (Lk16:19KJV), after he died, prayed to Abraham, and Abraham heard him. Luke 16:27 KJV If heaven can hear someone's prayer from hell (Lk16:23KJV), then why wouldn't you think they can hear us from the earth?

Dodge? 'You there bud?

dodge

"a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day" (Lk16:19KJV), after he died, prayed to Abraham, and Abraham heard him. Luke 16:27 KJV If heaven can hear someone's prayer from hell (Lk16:23KJV), then why wouldn't you think they can hear us from the earth?

Dodge? 'You there bud?

Hey ! I am here now.Had to help my 8 year old Grand Daughter with her home work.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if you really believe it, then where're your good works?

Romans 4

3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

I am saved by the works of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was without spot or blemish.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 4

3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

I am saved by the works of the Lord Jesus Christ. He was without spot or blemish.
AMEN!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hey ! I am here now.Had to help my 8 year old Grand Daughter with her home work.
How many grand kids've you got?

I don't picture Mary, when I ask her to pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, as a young lady, but as a regal older lady with gray-white hair. Church tradition has it that she was assumed into heaven at a good old age. She's the queen up there.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Romans 4

I agree with you. The Body of Christ are the only people who are saved, or who will be saved. But in order that what Paul wrote in 1st Timothy 5:8 (KJV) squares with what he wrote in Romans 4:5 (KJV), there needs to be an explanation, and I believe there is one, because I believe both passages. "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." He specifically ties together works and faith in this verse, there's an explanation, there must be an explanation. Is it hyperbolic? 'Could be, I just don't know, I have ideas, I've got a hunch, a leaning, but I can't be sure. I don't think it's hyperbolic, although it could be.

dodge

How many grand kids've you got?

I don't picture Mary, when I ask her to pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, as a young lady, but as a regal older lady with gray-white hair. Church tradition has it that she was assumed into heaven at a good old age. She's the queen up there.

I have 15 grand kids.

There is no queen of heaven taught in scripture. More tradition from the R.C.C.

I will stay with what scripture teaches God the Father , God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. No queen.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have 15 grand kids.
Congratulations man. 'Hope you have 15 more. :)
There is no queen of heaven taught in scripture. More tradition from the R.C.C.

I will stay with what scripture teaches God the Father , God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. No queen.
We'll all know when we get there who was telling the truth, and who was blowing smoke, am I right?

The Maker was made flesh, and among all flesh, He was made human flesh. And among all human flesh, the Maker chose a certain people, and among those people, He chose the descendants of Judah, and among those people, He chose the descendants of King David, and among those people He chose Mary, the Blessed Virgin. The physical, fleshly link between the Lord God, the Maker, and humanity, is in the person of His mother Mary. She represents all of us in an utterly unique way, being both His mother, and the first member of His Church.

dodge

Congratulations man. 'Hope you have 15 more. :)
We'll all know when we get there who was telling the truth, and who was blowing smoke, am I right?

Thanks ! My wife corrected me I have 14 and one on the way , and I counted the one on the way,lol.

The Maker was made flesh, and among all flesh, He was made human flesh. And among all human flesh, the Maker chose a certain people, and among those people, He chose the descendants of Judah, and among those people, He chose the descendants of King David, and among those people He chose Mary, the Blessed Virgin. The physical, fleshly link between the Lord God, the Maker, and humanity, is in the person of His mother Mary. She represents all of us in an utterly unique way, being both His mother, and the first member of His Church.

If you trust the scriptures Mary and Joseph LOST Jesus when He was 12. Later on in scripture Jesus'own brothers thought He was crazy, and Mary had no clue what was going on. Remember she hid those sayings in her heart. Eventually like Jesus' brothers Mary understood the truth that the Son she bore was her salvation.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you trust the scriptures Mary and Joseph LOST Jesus when He was 12. Later on in scripture Jesus'own brothers thought He was crazy, and Mary had no clue what was going on. Remember she hid those sayings in her heart. Eventually like Jesus' brothers Mary understood the truth that the Son she bore was her salvation.
Read:
Spoiler
And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.
You say, "Eventually like Jesus' brothers Mary understood the truth that the Son she bore was her salvation," but I say, "Nah." She knew first.