Catholics Should Believe Their First Pope

Right Divider

Body part
I was Protestant as well. Unlike you though I don't believe every claim everyone makes without verifying it myself. You should try that sometime.
And yet you believe the false claims of the RCC. You're not as smart as you think that you are.

BTW, I'm neither Protestant nor "Catholic". Your "church" makes this false dichotomy to attempt to have a "black and white game" to win.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
...according to the opinions of GM's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

The Bible is God's written Word to mankind. I trust in what it says. I
don't trust in commentaries or other opinions written up. If something
said, is in contrast to the Bible, I discard it. If a preacher says
something out of line with what the Bible says, I discard it.

A good friend I've known for over forty years, was a Catholic when I
met her, I shared the Gospel with her and she has been a "True
Believer" ever since. I saw how the Catholics "preached." My
friend told me that, they rely on idols and said that it is believed that,
the Pope was infallible while sitting on the throne. They also repeat
the same phrases repetitiously. And, their prayers are written down
ahead of time.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are copious amounts of non-Catholic churches. However, not all of
them preach doctrinal truth. Not all preach Paul's Gospel. (Grace Message)

The "True Believers" are those who are part of the Body of Christ. (The true
church)

everready

He sent the Holy Spirit to the Magisterium (apostles/bishops) of Christ's one historic Church to guide it into all truth (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; Eph. 3:5, 10; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6). If we laymen want the fullness of the truth, we must turn to the authoritative teachings of the Church.

The Catholic Church, however, is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---no mere man.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Not according to Jesus.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus never said salvation was in a church, neither did the Apostles, never.

Acts 16:29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

everready

everready

...according to the opinions of GM's preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

When the husband dies how much does the widow have to pay to free him from purgatory, if its the more than the norm are his chances better?

Reminds me of.

Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

everready

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When the husband dies how much does the widow have to pay to free him from purgatory, if its the more than the norm are his chances better?

Reminds me of.

Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

everready

Good post

everready

Now you can go ahead and apply all that to the myriad competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence to date, with more being concocted every week.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

missed a verse.

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

http://biblebelievers.com/foxes/findex.htm

everready

Cruciform

missed a verse.

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
You can go ahead and apply that to the Protestant sects as well, since they persecuted and executed not only Catholics, but even their own fellow Protestants. Try again.

Cruciform

...John 7:37...Acts 16:29...
Contrary to your apparent assumptions, neither of the passages you quoted here has anything to do with the question of precisely how lay believers normally obtain their interpretations of Scripture and formulate their doctrinal beliefs. Rather than making them up for themselves, the New Testament indicates that lay Christians are to receive their understanding of the Bible and their theological beliefs from the Magisterium (apostles/bishops) of Christ's one historic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; Eph. 3:5, 10; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6). Christ's Church teaches us; we do not teach Christ's Church. The Church founded by Jesus Christ is not now---nor has it ever been---a democracy. Christ is our King, not our president. Sorry for your confusion.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

What did they do before Catholics gave them their bible?

2 Thes. 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

1 Cor. 12:8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;

The catholics didn't give us the bible, God did. God has been known to use wicked people to accomplish his will.